PDA

View Full Version : Cryostasis patch on steam?

alligator_fists
02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Good day, sirs, I purchased this game on steam a few days ago, and finally had the chance to download it. Upon playing, I must say I was disappointed to see a lack of the advanced physx that i saw in the demo, as I really wanted that eye candy, it was actually a pretty big part of my purchase. I believe it also ran a little worse than the demo.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is, will this patch ever be released over steam? I'd really love to see that physx eye candy, it makes the game feel that much better.

ShadowMan
02-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Indeed. "Better late than never." That's an old saying, I really hope they would reconsider patching Cryostasis on their digital versions such as the one we own on STEAM.

Giddy_Girlson
02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Hello, I bought this game on steam and am curious as to why it is not patched on steam. Can anyone from 1C talk to me about this?

Nike-it
02-24-2010, 07:56 AM
According to my information the Steam version already contains this patch. In any case I contacted STEAM for this issue. I'll post all details ASAP.

alligator_fists
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Nike-it, the steam version has an option for hardware physics. this doesn't add in the water effects, or the ice coming from things as you hit them. the advanced physx option available in the playable demo aren't in the options.

Nike-it
02-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Nike-it, the steam version has an option for hardware physics. this doesn't add in the water effects, or the ice coming from things as you hit them. the advanced physx option available in the playable demo aren't in the options.

I see, as I wrote we are trying to solve this issue together with STEAM.

oboy
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
please make a patch for steam just got the game and as alligator_fists said the PhysX in the demo are not in the full game on steam

alligator_fists
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Could an update on this be had Nike-it?

However, the issue of it not being patched on steam is still a big one.

alligator_fists
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
still hanging out for this patch, not really sure what's so hard about it. even just an update would be useful

Nike-it
03-05-2010, 05:43 AM
The patch is almost ready, will be available within several days.

ShadowMan
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Very good news. this will make all the collective individuals who currently own Cryostasis on Steam or who were planning to make a purchase of Cryostasis Steam very happy!

Nike-it
03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
The PhysX patch is now available!

ShadowMan
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks! It should be available via Steam automatically in the next hours, I gather. I will definitely start Cyrostasis again from the start with the new features, I beat the game and it's a good single player.

Thanks again, it's always better late than never. :D

Unforgiven_II
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I think with the patch the game is getting easier because you have 1 additional gun and while the watergun is using ice that can be found everythere its hard to run out of ammunation.

Right?

alligator_fists
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
The PhysX patch is now available!

Nike-it, i love your work, thankyou for getting this patched over steam

Sneaksie
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I think with the patch the game is getting easier because you have 1 additional gun and while the watergun is using ice that can be found everythere its hard to run out of ammunation.

Right?

Yes, but even without the patch the game isn't hard anyway, it's unlikely that you'll run out of ammunition for all firearms and even in that case you'll have the powerful fire axe:)

ShadowMan
03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes, many thanks for getting this patch on Steam. Although it still hasn't auto installed the latest material for Cryostasis in Steam yet. I'm guessing maybe within 3 days ?

alligator_fists
03-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Yes, many thanks for getting this patch on Steam. Although it still hasn't auto installed the latest material for Cryostasis in Steam yet. I'm guessing maybe within 3 days ?

my steam downloaded this patch over a week ago ShadowMan, have you restarted steam?

ShadowMan
03-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Yes! Many times prior and after I began posting in this thread. I received other updates though. However, the patch or update is not listed in the Steam - Cryostasis main "view update history" page.

Grammar Nazi
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Okay, I was recently going through my init.txt file when I saw at the top and it says PhysX 1.00. Shouldn't it say PhysX 1.10?