PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

The Doc
02-14-2010, 09:11 PM
I just want to start by saying I have been looking forward to this game for a long, long time. I absolutly loved Brigade E5, and got very excited when I heard this game was in the works. After years of waiting for it to come onto the shelves, I finaly downloaded it from gamersgate.
Imagine my frustration, then, when about an hour after playing it, the game decides to crash every time I try to go to the map screen. I can load any savegame I have, or start new games with no problems. The first sector I enter, I can run around and do anything to my hearts content, but as soon as I try to leave, the game crashes. The whole "The game has done something very, very bad and we killed it." I went online for help, and found the strategyfirst forums down. I have tried to fix my game from the advice I have read here, but nothing has worked yet.
I made every file in the BMP/Hud folder read only, I have tried reinstalling the game, I am working on downloading the patches and BFX mods (I have a connection of ~25 K). I am ripping my hair out here. If there is anyone with advice out there, please help. Thank you.
The Doc

The Doc
02-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Never mind, I found an older post here. Its working now. Thank you to all who developed the patch, the mods, and give advice on forums like these.