PDA

View Full Version : Really weak unit spawn on hard

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Playing on hard and unit spawns are providing very tiny number of units. Literally 90% of all good lvl.3 and especially lvl.4 units are provided in very tiny numbers. Basically no better than if they weren't there at all. A frustrating teez. :evil:
I've got a choice of just a few unit types to play through with so far. Have got to Verona, Montero, Tekron, Umkas so far. Hope it gets better.

Is this part of the planned design for harder difficulty settings?

DGDobrev
02-10-2010, 01:38 AM
I think it's simply because of the randomization. I had the luck of finding (on impossible) dragons on rusty island (tavern), black knights in the shipwreck on rusty, cyclopses and demonologists on bolo and so on. Maybe you just "lucked out" with poorer unit setup.

Maybe when you open up Elon, Dersu, Uzala, Nameless and Reha things will change.

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah, that's also what I was thinking possible. Just a really bad roll. The same thing is happening for items. Multiples of totally junky things and almost nothing good. Same for scroll findings, heaps of the same weak spell I've already got. There should be some algorithm that checks that. Perhaps in the game code a rating for item coolness so if too many uncool items are spawned the % that better items will spawn increases.
Same for multiples. Multiples are nice, but too many of the same thing is useless since there are finite places to equip them. An algorithm can prevent this too while preserving the possibility of finding a useful quantity of multiples.

Same should be checked for tiny unit spawns. What's the use of 9 Knights, 3 Ogers or 7 Evil Beholders?

Yeah I also found dragons in that tavern on Rusty, 3 Reds. And 1 Black in the art studio on Verona. This time I found repair droids, blech.

loreangelicus
02-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, if you use your pet dragon to dig a lot, then chances are you could get wanderer scrolls to get you a FULL stack (depending on current leadership) of the following:

Call of Death: any undead unit, notably bone dragons/black knights/necromancers
Call Colossus: any level 5 unit
Call of the Wind: an assortment of unit types, royal griffins and dryads being the best

DGDobrev
02-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I'd say that Hayterrants are one of the best units to come out of the Song of the Wind scroll :) Tough, spawn more hayterrants and the eggs can even survive a few hits before hatching.

Petwin
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Hayterrants are exactly half the leadership value of Royal Griffons. Numbers-wise 1 RG beats 2 Hayterrants.

Maybe if the stack is big enough the Hayterrants from the 1st egg can lay a 2nd egg that will spawn a useable amount of Hayterrants which can lay a 3rd egg and so on...

Zechnophobe
02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah, for a level 4 heyterrants do really bad damage. And summoning angelic griffons seems to be better than... more heyterrants.