PDA

View Full Version : How to end The Hill?

piscean57
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi guys.

I have two issues in trying to end this level.

First is I didn't burn the bushes in the cave but still proceeded beyond that. I am wondering if I should go back?...but when I try I cant. Do I have to to get the level finsihed?

Second is that I am at the top of the hill with that troll thing. He keeps on smashing the ground and I fall into that temple thing and can't get out. I see lots of dynamite that I can pick up...but what for? The troll thing is there and always kills me. What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

AncientMariner
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi, piscean. I'm sorry not to have responded before. I normally drop by daily but the site was down for maintenance yesterday, so I missed your post.

I'm assuming you left the cave, with the bushes covering the obvious exit, via the opening at the top and found the barracks and bunker across the viaduct. No, you don't have to go back through the closed entrance. Just make your way down the hillside and you "rejoin" the game but with some extra goodies ;)

It's a while now since I did the final boss fight, so I'll tell you what I remember but I'd be pleased if anyone could correct me if I've got it wrong. Although everything is crumbling around you, you can still get up to a number of ledges around the area. Get above the Beast and you're safe from its attack. Chuck everything you've got at it. See the "David & Goliath" Challenge Room vid on the NVN Guide site to see how effective this is. If the ledge crumbles, run like mad to the next and repeat. There's no "trick" to killing it. Just blast it for long enough.

I hope that helps. If you're still stuck, let me know and I'll replay the chapter to jog my memory.

Good luck.

piscean57
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Hello AncientMariner.

Thanks for the reply. It worked perfectly - I had been up on the ledges many times and fired at the Boss but not in a continous fashion as I had got myself into thinking I couldn't destroy him and thatthere must be significance in all the dynamite that was laying about!

Now working through the fortress :grin:.

AncientMariner
02-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Good to know old age hasn't clouded my memory too much :grin: "Fortress" is a great level. There are whole sections you can miss out, if you're not careful, and miss loads of goodies.

I'm glad I could help and have loads of fun :)