PDA

View Full Version : Spells good with Paladin Amelie

rollems
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
What are best spells to buy for paladin character?
also which spells should be upgraded. Level1-2-3.

specially if army consists of 2/3 Tanks. including black dragon.

DGDobrev
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
These are a must to max for any char in my opinion: Healing, Haste, Stone Skin, Slow, Teleport, Phantom, Target, Time back.

Secondary: Evlin (if you use undead), Resurrection, Berserker, Battle Cry (against dragons and high-init units is great), God Armor

The rest is up to your personal preference and game style.

Zechnophobe
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
One spell I consistently find awesome and underrated is Oil Mist. -1 Morale to 7 squares, 50% boost to fire damage, (Double against demons!) and causes AI archers to move instead of shooting... this spell brings a surprisingly large amount to the table.

Xiled
02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
One spell I consistently find awesome and underrated is Oil Mist. -1 Morale to 7 squares, 50% boost to fire damage, (Double against demons!) and causes AI archers to move instead of shooting... this spell brings a surprisingly large amount to the table.

I use this quite often...it really hampers archers

KongMysen
02-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree on all the spells listet so far. But I would add Trap as well. You need it to be at least lvl 1 and should buy/find it asap.

Late game the lvl 3 poisoning is really beneficial. And you are going to opgrade distortion anyways, due to all the other excellent spells there.

DragonBlaster
02-08-2010, 11:39 AM
These are a must to max for any char in my opinion: Healing, Haste, Stone Skin, Slow, Teleport, Phantom, Target, Time back.

Secondary: Evlin (if you use undead), Resurrection, Berserker, Battle Cry (against dragons and high-init units is great), God Armor

The rest is up to your personal preference and game style.

Healing for low-level units is pretty useless. Then of course with level 5 units it makes more sense and can be a practical direct damage against undead or to cure poisoning!

I started to use Haste only with level 3 and the "mass effect". It is very practical during items upgrade to reach the gremlins towers fast. But definitely not a must to me.

Basically there is a serie of spells with the same purpose: to put an enemy stack temporarily out of the fight. Slow, Trap, Fear, Blind, Target (used correctly), Sheep... I prefer Trap and Fear for the cost/efficiency.

Then you have the technique of summoning dummies: Phantom, Demon Portal, Call of Nature (in my order of preference). I don't use them too much (I often have Royal Griffin/Guard and Shamans/totems) but they are very fun.

Eventually the direct damages, well they are not really about strategy so I have no preference. Usually Fire damages are cool combined with the fantastic Oil Mist. But Lighting for example also freezes some targets... The best choice always depends on the enemy type/your items.

My must list: Trap (level 2), Fear (level 3), Helplessness (level 3), Resurrection (level 3), Stone Skin (level 3 for bosses), Calm Rage (level 2), Oil Mist (level 3).

My secondary list: Phantoms (level 1 or 2 or 3!), Rain Fire (level 3), Slow (level 2), Elvin (level 1 for undead), Healing (level 3 for level 5 units).

Edit: I have not tested all the spells of AP yet. Would like to see Death Star and Time Back for example...

Tenbian
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hello everybody,

pls let me know, how oilmist do

-1 morale?
50% boost to fire damage?

I only know, that a lv3 oilmist do -70% missile-damage and boosts the ability to set troops on fire.

Am I wrong?

pls excuse my english :).

Regards Tenbian

DGDobrev
02-08-2010, 12:17 PM
You're correct about the ranged damage. Oil Mist lvl 3 equals to:
-> -70% Ranged Damage
-> Vulnerability to fire = 40+Int/2

-1 morale comes from the negative effect that is applied to each unit inside the cloud.

Tenbian
02-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh, thx for the info.

Up to now, I don´t attract the attention for the -1 morale in the cloud. I will look at it, next fight :).

Regards Tenbian

P.S.: excuse my english :)

rollems
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
how do i get rid of spells i learnt. i want to add new spells but says no slot. i have some bad spells like kamakazi and precision which i never use. is it possible to get rid of them.

also. i have some wanderer spells which i plan to use later. can i store them some where to free my current slot ?

Mystic Phoenix
04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
how do i get rid of spells i learnt. i want to add new spells but says no slot. i have some bad spells like kamakazi and precision which i never use. is it possible to get rid of them.

Good news and bad news: The bad news - you can't. The good news - you don't have to. Limitation refers only to scrolls, not to learnt spells. YOu can sell scrolls in any town or simply drop them.

also. i have some wanderer spells which i plan to use later. can i store them some where to free my current slot ?

You can sell them, too. You can then buy them back later, although you loose some money in this process (don't know the exact ratio atm). I usually sell them in the beginning (exccept the summoning ones) when I need money and buy them back in late game (that's when you should use them). You usually have enough money by that time.

N3MES1S
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Just discard all the spells u dont want by right click on em -> discard button (like when u dismiss a troop). If u dont have slots, even after that, u should raise the skill "Wisdom" (i think that was the skill, but cant be sure). And the spell slot bag refers to usual spells, not wanderer spells, so u can store wanderer spells without the need to free slots on the usual spell page.

rollems
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
^^ cool thanks

Zechnophobe
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
^^ cool thanks

Wanderer scrolls DO take up space in your spell book. And in fact, close to the end of the game, may be what is taking up most of the space (As you will sell or discard normal spells out of hand, but cling on to your wanderer scrolls.)

dzeris
04-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Wanderer scrolls DO take up space in your spell book. And in fact, close to the end of the game, may be what is taking up most of the space (As you will sell or discard normal spells out of hand, but cling on to your wanderer scrolls.)

Only some wanderer scrolls are needed for boss fights and same set of scrolls can be used for two boss fights.There is no point of clinging on ancient knowledge scrolls or not using intellect, mana and rage scrolls, when you know that you have more than enough.

Summoning wanderer scrolls can be kept only in order to get bigger stacks after hero is leveled up.

N3MES1S
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM

If u discard wanderer spells to make space for the usual ones, u are making a mistake, because wanderer spells will not make space for the usual ones. Wandeer spells are one thing, and usual spells are other thing completely different.

dzeris
04-06-2010, 11:49 AM
If u discard wanderer spells to make space for the usual ones, u are making a mistake, because wanderer spells will not make space for the usual ones. Wandeer spells are one thing, and usual spells are other thing completely different.
Only learned spells don't take space in book. Wanderer spells are scrolls and they can't be learned. Scrolls take space in spell book. Count number of scrolls that you have in your spell book and compare it with number written on left spell book side.

I use ancient knowledge scrolls, if I have them. Player should not discard them, but keeping some of them for boss battle is stupid thing to do. What's the point of song of wind, if your army is undead. What's the point of getting additional 50% of battle experience in battle with Baal?

loreangelicus
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I use ancient knowledge scrolls, if I have them. Player should not discard them, but keeping some of them for boss battle is stupid thing to do. What's the point of song of wind, if your army is undead. What's the point of getting additional 50% of battle experience in battle with Baal?

The point is that the battle with Baal gives the highest XP, which would most likely give you an additional level and increase your final score.

You could do a search for posts on "level 60" and "high score" for more info.