PDA

View Full Version : Are You Smart Enough?

alstonfered
02-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Hi all
If you could read this..your a smart person!

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng
is taht the frist and lsat ltteer bein the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
thought slpeling was ipmorantt! tahts so
cool!!!

If you can udernatnsd tihs rdanieg...... la lang...

Panzergranate
02-03-2010, 04:47 AM
It is readable because the brain automatically makes an best guess at what the word is intended to be, despite the concious mind of the reader working through the word phonetically.

Dyslexics cannot do this subconcious trick.

Reading and writing is a human invention, rather like a bicycle in a human invention.

Now if a person cannot ride a bicycle do we make a huge fuss and surround them with "experts" and treat it like a disability?? No we don't.

We do with reading and writing.

With regards to Egyptian Heiroglyphics, we are all dyslexic when it comes to reading those. It is another form of writing that we can't understand yet nobody makes a huge song and dance about that, do they. The shame goes for written Chinese, Thai, Greek, etc.

Being dyslexic simply being unable to master or understand a particular human invented tool.

Folks kind of forget that and treat reading and writing as if it is something natural, like walking and talking, we should all be able to do.

I learnt to read at 3 years old and had read dozens of Enid Blyton books by the time I was 8 years old. The UK education system was better back then.