PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company 2...anyone try the demo?

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I noticed it was on the 360 dashboard so I went ahead and downloaded it.....

To be honest, i was not very impressed. The only thing I really liked was the ability to use any vehicle. Also the environment was destructable, and there are a lot of weapons available.....here is where the good ends.......

I hated the graphics more than anything else. I could not believe I was playing on an XBOX 360 to be honest...The guns looked fake and blocky. They also fired no tracers. It seems like the whole game runs in slow motion, I dont know whats up with that.

It just seems like this game still needs A LOT of work, I hope the real game is not as bad as the demo. I could add to my complaint list, but I dont feel like it because there is far more I dont like then I do.

I was wondering if anyone else has played the demo and has similar feelings.

imnotgeoff
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
i tried it too,cant make my mind up about it at all.i tried it on my hdtv an it look okayish but tried on a normal tv an its really unplayable you can hardly see anyone,not good at all,im hoping that it looks like a mess because its early code from a while back .also why the hell cant you go prone???DICE have said they aint even gona put that in.

haitch40
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
so bad company 2 is rubish wish they would bring out dlc for bf1943

by the way i tried call of duty for the first time in my life last night (i have missed alot) and i like it

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
so bad company 2 is rubish wish they would bring out dlc for bf1943

by the way i tried call of duty for the first time in my life last night (i have missed alot) and i like it

Yea, I have every COD since 3...and I only play on hardcore....Battlefield 2 doesnt even come close to it.

I could try battlefield 1943...do people still play it?

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
I noticed it was on the 360 dashboard so I went ahead and downloaded it.....

To be honest, i was not very impressed. The only thing I really liked was the ability to use any vehicle. Also the environment was destructable, and there are a lot of weapons available.....here is where the good ends.......

I hated the graphics more than anything else. I could not believe I was playing on an XBOX 360 to be honest...The guns looked fake and blocky. They also fired no tracers. It seems like the whole game runs in slow motion, I dont know whats up with that.

It just seems like this game still needs A LOT of work, I hope the real game is not as bad as the demo. I could add to my complaint list, but I dont feel like it because there is far more I dont like then I do.

I was wondering if anyone else has played the demo and has similar feelings.

I liked BF:BC1, it was fun for a short while in both SP and MP. Conversely, I've spent more time playing the BF:BC2 BETA on PS3 than I did with the entirety of the first game.

I haven't been able to get into the PC BETA yet, but your post, and others I've read is beginning to worry me a bit as to how much they've changed the game since the PS3 BETA last year. We were playing with an old build and there were lots of placeholder textures for the guns and some environment but it still looked better than the previous game. There were also tracer rounds for almost all the weapons and more importantly you could drop enemies with only two or three well placed bursts. I can only assume now we were all playing in the Hardcore mode.

I guess I'll have to wait for the PSN demo on Thursday to see how much it's changed.

imnotgeoff
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
just had a quick go on it an why does it seem to take ages to kill someone?i headshoted a guy 3 times before he dropped

Reddisback
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
What are you Guys taking about !?!

The Demo of Bad Company 2 is AMAZING!! I love it, i even Pre-orderd the Limited Edition couple a days ago!

you simply need to get in toutch with the style and gameplay that this game has, and you'll love it too. i assure you!

You dont need to Take Bad Company seriuosly since it is a simply Shooter with allot've fun in it, and thats why i love it? other games are just ''shoot 'em up'' while BC2 is far from that. it is a Shoot em up with the best Humor in i have seen!

the challenge that the Demo forces you is to play it for a long time to unlock all the other weapons that are available in the demo. the demo it self is an Honest one to. No one gets beyond Rank 2 so that way makes Players Equal to other players who just begun playing. it is that simple?

People will get real sneaky and capeble of pulling off Trick that aren't possible in other Games.

In BFBC2 you are also allowed to Up-grade your vehicle with better armor and weapons.
You gain Coaxial Machine Guns for the M1A1 Abraham, The T90R Russian MBT, and has inproved radar, and Tons of Other stuff.

I think it is Un-fair that you dont play a game with out playing it for awhile?

you'll love it. beleive me.

I'll see you on the Battlefield Soldier! :-P:grin::cool:

P.S This game also has the Best Quotes in a video Game too!:grin:

imnotgeoff
02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
thats another thing if you buy the special edition you get some upgrades right away.you dont have to bother unlocking them,fair???nope as the upgrades are

Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.

Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.

Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.

M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

so right away if you get in a vehicle you get an unfair advantage

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Guys, the bc2 demo is teh AWESOMEZZ!!!!!!! Seriously. I cant wait! Much better than BC1 and so much better (imo) than mw2

/edit didnt see your post redisblack. right on. Ill be sending you a FR

Reddisback
02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
that might be nice and all. but most of the stuff arent there available in the demo, Yet?

The Tracer dart Gun is in the Demo but need to be unlocked before you can use it?

''Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.''

yeah, this is in the demo aswell. I'd Like to Know how you use the Tanks Coaxial Machine gun?
I've seen it, and i have been killed by it several times but it doesnt work when im in a tank?

The M1a1 Thompson, The 1911 .45 Colt and the m1 Garand arent playeble in the demo.

vehicle motion sencer is allso not in the demo.

After all, you have the controller in you hands and you decide if you life or not?

I play the Demo atleast 5 Hours a day, I love it I have BC1, and i guess that game made me an addict for Bad Company.

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah, this is in the demo aswell. I'd Like to Know how you use the Tanks Coaxial Machine gun?
I've seen it, and i have been killed by it several times but it doesnt work when im in a tank?.

its on the secondary fire. in regular controls its LB on bc1 controls its RB. You need to select it though before its active and you need to do it everytime you start (damn demos having no save) You can use it on the AA gun and UAV too

Ive preorderd. medic+tommy gun=epic win

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Wow, I dont know how that game does not give you a headache after the first 5 minutes.

And how do you get over the lack of detail in the weapons? They look like a cartoon. So yea, thats the main complaint I have about this game: The graphics. This makes it VERY hard to see a hiding sniper. And when im the sniper, it takes multiple shots to kill someone, unless I get a head shot.

And yea, that it takes a million shots to kill someone.

If there is anything I like about the game, its the fact that you can use vehicles...other than that, Modern Warefare 2 is superior in every category. Thats just my opinion, but im sure sales will back it up.

And its not like I didnt give it a chance: If the real game is not much improved over the demo, then there is no need for me to waste my hard earned money on it.

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
And when im the sniper, it takes multiple shots to kill someone, unless I get a head shot.

GOOD! I cant stand that everygame seems to have a Barrett .50cal as standard that snipers just abuse. And that snipers expect to be given a one hit kill anywhere weapon so they can sit at range and pick of targets. 2 body hits with the m24 will drop a target is sufficiant. And in BC you need to take take into account bullet drop and travel time, no more cod lazer snipes. Plus the fact the maps are much bigger so camping isnt as much of an issue

Day of Defeat was so awesome that it limited the amout of snipers on a team

As for a million shots. Must either be lag or you cant shoot for shit, It takes around 5 body hits with an AR or 6 or 7 to down someone. You can get kills pretty easily.

Is it obvious I don't like snipers. Especially when half the enemy team are snipers.

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 05:26 PM
GOOD! I cant stand that everygame seems to have a Barrett .50cal as standard that snipers just abuse. And that snipers expect to be given a one hit kill anywhere weapon so they can sit at range and pick of targets. 2 body hits with the m24 will drop a target is sufficiant. And in BC you need to take take into account bullet drop and travel time, no more cod lazer snipes. Plus the fact the maps are much bigger so camping isnt as much of an issue

Day of Defeat was so awesome that it limited the amout of snipers on a team

As for a million shots. Must either be lag or you cant shoot for shit, It takes around 5 body hits with an AR or 6 or 7 to down someone. You can get kills pretty easily.

Is it obvious I don't like snipers. Especially when half the enemy team are snipers.

When I play COD, I only play on hardcore. And yes, I do love to snipe, but I have earned every cammo and attachment for the M-16A4..so thats evidence that I do more than snipe.

And it should take a lot less than 6 or 7 shots from an assault rifle to kill someone. If i want that crap, I will go play Halo.

But like I say, my primary complaint is the graphics. It gives the game a low quality cheap feel. Not something I would pay 60 bucks for. It really has the feel of something a low budget developer would come up with.

And I came in with the expectation that the game was supposed to be realistic, or at least I was told it was more realistic by far, than COD. I am finding that case to be the opposite. I do not criticise you for liking the game, so so by all means. I am just saying, that thanks to the demo...I will give it no further light of day.

Reddisback
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
its on the secondary fire. in regular controls its LB on bc1 controls its RB. You need to select it though before its active and you need to do it everytime you start (damn demos having no save) You can use it on the AA gun and UAV too

Ive preorderd. medic+tommy gun=epic win

I pre orderd the Limited edition. The M1 Garand is the Bench mark for Rifle in this game. an Olskool classic wich solves oldskool problems. gotta love it:grin:

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
And I came in with the expectation that the game was supposed to be realistic, or at least I was told it was more realistic by far, than COD. I am finding that case to be the opposite. I do not criticise you for liking the game, so so by all means. I am just saying, that thanks to the demo...I will give it no further light of day.

While i disagree with what you say. I would defend to the death your right to say it lol. At the end of the day you've tried the demo, decided its not for you and presented your opinon respectfully and without flame. Personally I think its the best thing since sliced bread. The demo alone is the most fun mp ive had this gen :D I have it pre ordered and am even putting off AvP for it XD

Desode
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Well for me it crushes COD. I think COD is the worst FPS I have ever played. It has no sense of realism at all. Arcade Crap ! I think the hit detection is way better in BFBC2 then it was is 1 but something feels off. The beta on the ps3 was way better then the demo on the 360. I think they may have screwed somethings up by changing it from the beta.
Still though, way better then COD.

I'm really Enjoying MAG on the ps3 right now! Great game, Can be frustrating untill you get somethings unlocked but zero lag with 256 players is a true Art form !

Can't wait to get my hands on BFBC 2's hard core mode in full conquest ! Thats where its at !

DESODE

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm really Enjoying MAG on the ps3 right now! Great game, Can be frustrating untill you get somethings unlocked but zero lag with 256 players is a true Art form !

Can't wait to get my hands on BFBC 2's hard core mode in full conquest ! Thats where its at !

DESODE

I wish MAG was xbox or multiplat. That's the only exclusive i find really tempting. Mainly for the 256 players.

hard core mode should be sweet, maybe mattman would like that ;)

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I am quite sick of this "pre-order get bonus content" nonsense these last few years but in the case of BF:BC2 I don't think it will make much difference.

I unlocked all of those upgrades in a few hours in the BETA and none of them give you an overwhelming superiority on the battlefield. I doubt they would have changed the unlock requirements that drastically since then.

The sniper is fine (in hardcore I guess). Headshots kill instantly and one shot to anywhere else reduces health to near zero. You're pretty much going to be sniping people who have already been wounded by your team so you will get one shot kills as a result.

The UAV is awesome. If you listen to the radiochatter on it you can tell it's ripped from AH-64 pilots in combat in Iraq.

Shame this isn't BF3 though, I miss the fixed wing goodness of the traditional BF.

stealth finger
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
What i really wish is they'd make an exact remake of BF2 but in frostbite......awesome. I hope theres atleast one city map in bc2

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Yea, its not really the game itself I dislike, its the graphics. Honestly they give me a headache. I dont like the feel or look of the game.

And since you guys say there is a hardcore mode, That would make up for my complaint about the multiple shot kills.

fritzwendel
02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Woah! Before you knock the graphics, understand that the game is running low res textures for the demo. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME LOOKS!

LINK (http://www.bravenewgamer.com/2010/01/bad-company-2-to-look-even-better-when-its-released/)

I'm having a good time playing it. Haven't had a chance to fly the heli, but I've got some good time into it, and it is a vast improvement over BC1. Only issue is this: if you're NOT playing w/ friends, and your team is a bunch of Helen Keller types, prepare to be owned.

TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK.

Hell, I spend half the game as a medic reviving people; it's fun as hell on its own! LOL
:-P

Reddisback
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Woah! Before you knock the graphics, understand that the game is running low res textures for the demo. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME LOOKS!

LINK (http://www.bravenewgamer.com/2010/01/bad-company-2-to-look-even-better-when-its-released/)

I'm having a good time playing it. Haven't had a chance to fly the heli, but I've got some good time into it, and it is a vast improvement over BC1. Only issue is this: if you're NOT playing w/ friends, and your team is a bunch of Helen Keller types, prepare to be owned.

TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK.

Hell, I spend half the game as a medic reviving people; it's fun as hell on its own! LOL
:-P

Fritz, are you on the 360? if so, please add me. I'm an Engineer, oh, and expect to be killed ;)

I allready finished the DEMO and got all weapons and Up-grades.
Did you Pre-order it? I did. I got the Limited Edition. M1 Garand, Tommy Gun and .45 Pistol included. it's time for some oldskool Ass Kickin' Who-Hoo!:grin:

fritzwendel
02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I was going to get Mass Effect 2, but this one has claimed my money.

Yes, my GT is HOTHAND 283.

I'm going to pre-order it on my day off tomorrow.

:grin:

As for MW2, I'm a huge Cod fan, but the latest care pack glitch is game breaking; I don't want to have 2 teams on opposite sides of the map glitching in kill streak rewards the entire game.

LAME.

If there's one thing I like in COD more than BF games, it's the down sight animation: very smooth and fluid. STILL not there yet, DICE.
Also, turn up the sensitivity in the BF2 demo. It makes a huge difference.

And finally, MORE 1943 DLC!!!!

Reddisback
02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Fritz, check you console. I just sended you my Invite true Xbox.com.

I'm an European so that means that we life in differant time zones. yet, i am on call 24-7. ( Not when im a sleep that is....)

I HATE Moderwarfare. i knew it from the start that that game would let down allot of people.

mattmanB182
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I dont feel let down by MW2 at all, and it is true that the sighting system is another one of my complaints about BF. Perhaps I will try it again if a friend gets the game, but i can no longer stand to play the demo at all. COD is far more smooth and polished.

SO is there really a Hardcore setting for BF? If not, then im definatly not playing it again.

I can see where the game could be really fun, but its just got nagging things about it. That and the incredibly long matches.

Nokturnal
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the discussion.

Battlefield and CoD games cannot be compared in terms of gameplay. They are almost entirely different genres if you think about it.
Battlefield focuses on a more war-like experience, you work as a team and have various roles for supporting one another.
Whereas CoD games essentially let us play as John Mcclane but with a bigger choice of weapons. :-P Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not the same at all.

In response to a few comments/questions raised in this topic:
- Prone - This won't be added as it slows down gameplay and encourages camping. Unlike CoD, a sniper isn't a lone-ranger fighting for himself, he is supposed to follow the squad (at a distance of course) and provide support.

- Damage - Play hardcore mode, simple as that. Health is reduced, making 1 shot kills possible with the sniper. (not that it's actually more realistic, just a more deadly style of gameplay when cover is actually useful and not an obstacle)

- Graphics - As someone else pointed out, the high-end graphics are unable to be seen yet, so do not judge the graphics based solely on the beta.

- Realism - Neither game even comes close to being realistic. If you want realism, try playing OFP (original..not dragon rising) or one of the ArmA games... I could rant for hours on how much more realistic they are when compared to the other FPS' out there, but i won't waste your time.

So what i'm trying to say is, these games are not in competition with one another. The fans want different things.
If you want to jump into a game and start killing instantly, and don't want to have to utilise teamwork, stick with CoD.
If you've got a group of friends and like working as a team, stick with Battlefield.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of either of these franchises. I've been a "mil-sim" player for too long, and the slower pace makes me almost useless in these crazy fast-paced shooters. :rolleyes: That being said, it's still fun to jump in occasionally and give it a go.

Desode
02-03-2010, 02:03 AM
What i really wish is they'd make an exact remake of BF2 but in frostbite......awesome. I hope theres atleast one city map in bc2

There is I played on in the ps3 beta.

Desode
02-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the discussion.

Battlefield and CoD games cannot be compared in terms of gameplay. They are almost entirely different genres if you think about it.
Battlefield focuses on a more war-like experience, you work as a team and have various roles for supporting one another.
Whereas CoD games essentially let us play as John Mcclane but with a bigger choice of weapons. :-P Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not the same at all.

In response to a few comments/questions raised in this topic:
- Prone - This won't be added as it slows down gameplay and encourages camping. Unlike CoD, a sniper isn't a lone-ranger fighting for himself, he is supposed to follow the squad (at a distance of course) and provide support.

- Damage - Play hardcore mode, simple as that. Health is reduced, making 1 shot kills possible with the sniper. (not that it's actually more realistic, just a more deadly style of gameplay when cover is actually useful and not an obstacle)

- Graphics - As someone else pointed out, the high-end graphics are unable to be seen yet, so do not judge the graphics based solely on the beta.

- Realism - Neither game even comes close to being realistic. If you want realism, try playing OFP (original..not dragon rising) or one of the ArmA games... I could rant for hours on how much more realistic they are when compared to the other FPS' out there, but i won't waste your time.

So what i'm trying to say is, these games are not in competition with one another. The fans want different things.
If you want to jump into a game and start killing instantly, and don't want to have to utilise teamwork, stick with CoD.
If you've got a group of friends and like working as a team, stick with Battlefield.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of either of these franchises. I've been a "mil-sim" player for too long, and the slower pace makes me almost useless in these crazy fast-paced shooters. :rolleyes: That being said, it's still fun to jump in occasionally and give it a go.

I can't get into the rush mode, It just isn't Bf to me. I like to creep and stalk and use tactics and the rush mode kills that for me. I'm just glad that full conquest will be read on release day this time around. I don't understand why Dice is pushing this rush mode so much. I personally think having rush mode in the demo hurts the franchise and hurts bringing new players in to the game.

Panzergranate
02-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Both BC and BC 2 do make MW 2 look even more suckier.

Operation Flashpoint makes all other FP shooters look small and limited.

The best COD 3 with COD 2 being the next best.

On of the largest maps in MW 2 is a reused COD 2 map called "Brecourt", which is the smallest map in COD 2 and the largets in MW 2.

COD started to loose its way and go downhill from COD 4 onwards and is now aimed at kids who prefer arena fights on cramped maps rather than realism.

I'll buy BC 2 because I like and the original and the demo is OK.

They do seem to have fixed the "Knife Forcefield" glitch that plagued BC.

Most of the team I usually play OFP and BC with are serving millitary or ex-millitary and we play in BC as a giant coordinated party team. We've had 12 in a team all on one cooridinated team.... and we dominate the games we play in.

None of them like MW 2 and have traded it in pretty soon after wasting their money on it.

Ironically most of us met up playing COD 3, which does encourage close team cooperation and orginisation to win a CF game.

Nokturnal
02-03-2010, 02:57 AM
I can't get into the rush mode, It just isn't Bf to me. I like to creep and stalk and use tactics and the rush mode kills that for me. I'm just glad that full conquest will be read on release day this time around. I don't understand why Dice is pushing this rush mode so much. I personally think having rush mode in the demo hurts the franchise and hurts bringing new players in to the game.

Unfortunately i would say the rush mode is actually DICE's attempt to get some of the CoD players interested. As you say, it's less about skill and tactic and more a hectic killing spree with bullets flying everywhere and people playing independently. Certainly not why people play Battlefield.

I don't like it much either, but you can't really blame them for trying to "steal" players from other games....I just sincerely hope it doesn't work :P I would hate to see a Battlefield game become the new CoD.

Most of the team I usually play OFP and BC with are serving millitary or ex-millitary and we play in BC as a giant coordinated party team. We've had 12 in a team all on one cooridinated team.... and we dominate the games we play in.
If these friends of yours are in either the UK/US or Australian army, you should get them to "borrow" a copy of VBS2, that will even make OFP and ArmA look arcadey. :P Then you can send me a copy! :D

As for everything else you said, i agree completely.
CoD games aren't what they used to be.
They came, they impressed and entertained us for a while..Then they switched their target audience and became a waste of time/money.

Desode
02-03-2010, 03:02 AM
I dont feel let down by MW2 at all, and it is true that the sighting system is another one of my complaints about BF. Perhaps I will try it again if a friend gets the game, but i can no longer stand to play the demo at all. COD is far more smooth and polished.

SO is there really a Hardcore setting for BF? If not, then im definatly not playing it again.

I can see where the game could be really fun, but its just got nagging things about it. That and the incredibly long matches.

WOW you don't like long matches ? Thats one of the reasons I hate cod with a passion, there is just no fight to it for me. And Hosting systems are just the worst thing a DEv can every put into a game. If you are the host in a COD game you can go 32 and 4 as easy as eating cake. The hosting system is so bad that on one person's screen they could have put a whole clip in your head and on my screen I knifed them before they even saw me.
Thats just crap MP gameplay in my book. There is no excuse for a DEV to cheap out that poorly on a game. I mean they made how many millions in the first 24 hrs !!!

I will say MW2 is better then the other cods because the maps are bigger, but still its just to arcade for my taste. Hard Core mode is the only thing worth playing in COD but the lack of real servers kills that 75% of the time.
Plus, I can't even play COD without getting hate mail from people because they are so stupid that they throw a fit if someone plays smart, and then they can't run and gun. People really have mental break downs ! I had a kid in Cod 4 who tossed his xbox through his parents tv because of me. XBOXlive contacted me since his parents called them,because he told his parents I was cheating ! I had saved all the messages from him and gave them to xboxlive when they contacted me. Xboxlive told me they were clearing my account of negative feedback. I guess I had so much negative feedback from COD4 that I was told I had been put on a moderator watch list ! but once they saw my playing they cleared my feedback list. They also told me to notifiy them any time I got hate mail. LOL I said man you would hear from me everyday if I did that ! because everytime I play COD I get hate mail.

Plus there is no reward for holding your end of the map in COD, you still get spawned some where else even if your holding your territory and winning ! The spawn system is better then other CODs but its completly limited with no choice. If I had a penny for every time I got spawn killed in cod I would be a millionare.

You wouldn't like the Huge modes in MAG because I have had battles last 30 minutes. For me this is were I see the most reward in a MP FPS match. You experience the ups and downs of a real battle and each side has the ability to grow and adapt to the their enemys tactics. In MAG there is something about watching the total chaos of 256 players going at it. Seeing how your Squad leaders , and Platoon leaders and then commanders adapt to strategic element is amazing !, Say your a squad leader and your getting over run on the left flank , you can switch voice channels and tell the platoon leader and he will actually send another squad over there to help, or send bombers or mortors in to clear the area. Warefare isn't just about clearing out some bad guys, Its a host of strategic events that you have to change and adapt to as a team.
It even goes clear down to a moral factor. I have seen a squad so discouraged they are ready to quit and then a good platoon leader comes on and gives them some advice and then you watch that squad turn the course of the battle.Complete strangers coming together to get something done and achieve a objective. Thats what I love.
I have really seen MAG do something I have never seen any other FPS game do,, that is make people think ! Kids don't last long in MAG, if you aren't smart enough to learn tactics and learn what each objective means to your side you won't last long.

I'm not attacking your love for COD, I still play it when I have limited time and I just want a tiny TD match. I'm just explaining my personal opinion of what I like in a fps. I like to see tides of a battle shift back and forth and there really isn't any of that in COD for me. I like taking 3 guys from my squad while the rest defend our bunker and then crossing a huge battle just to repair a mortor gun ! Somehow ,knowing that just the 3 of us could pull it off, and that we could maybe change the tide of the battle , WELL That to me is Epic ! BF 2 Pc does this and MAG does it. BFBC 2 does it o a certain degree but on a smaller scale.
DESODE

Panzergranate
02-03-2010, 03:51 AM
We played one OFP mission, "Looking For Lois", for over 2 hours. We'd captured the FlaK tank, using the capture glitch, at the radio station and went on a rampage down to the naval station to steal the APC.

As we were playing ranked and the enemy units on that map re-spawn once outsiide the thether zone, we spent the time racking up the points before completeing the actual mission.

It is intresting how soldiers and ex-soldiers from different contries can operate as a cohesive and coordinated team.

I've been the driver in a M1 MBT (I was a light tank gunner in 1979), with a serving German tank gunner gunning and an ex-Gulf War US commander and we functioned perfectly.

OFP is probally as close as a player can be to real combat situations without all the tiredness, cold, wet, fatigue, bruises, hunger, thirst and suffering anyone who's been in any army, even on exercise, mostly remembers enduring.