PDA

View Full Version : My wishlist for new Kings Bounty game

joasoz
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Kings Bounty rocks, but there is always room for improvement. Heres my take (this has probably been discussed many times before)

1. Make the story/world dynamic and random. I would like the game to have tons of quests and storylines that would be put together at the start of a new game. There could be multiple bad guys and stories to pick from.
In one game the king summons me because dangerous animals are pouring into the kingdom and killing civilians and military alike. As I play I would uncover the bad guy as the story goes along.
In another game refugees from a war in the north are pouring into the kingdom and the war is moving south. The king needs help
The game would have lots of areas to choose from at startup and would put together a set that would fit the story.

2. Make units upgrade during the game. At the start of the game you are fighting stacks that have almost the same stats as yourself. Your wolf = the enemy wolf. During the game you get +x attack and +x defense. Then Your wolf = 10 enemy wolves. This is difficult to avoid, but I would like some events like this:
A quest makes you deciede if you help the dwarven king or the elven king. If you help the dwarfs the elves prepare for war and all elven units gets +10% hitpoints and +10% attack (or something of the kind). If you help the elves then the dwarfs get tougher. This way the battles will be a bit more interesting. The bonus will not apply to your own units.

3. Help enemy heroes by giving them multiple attacks like the player has. If some of the enemy heroes has the possibility of two spells each round, then they can be programmed to counter single stacks /single unit stacks. A weakness and a fire arrow goes a long way :) This might already be in the late game ( I have only played to level 44, but I would like to see this much earlier).

4. Put units that work well together in the same stacks. The random unit generator could have some settings that would make it more likely to put special combos of units that work well. Say hi to iniquisitors and trolls in the dark cave below.

Any thoughts on this? I know that I am asking for much and I might not be doable without a total rewrite of the game, but I am allowed to wish :)

Hento
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
What King's Bounty really needs is a fully customizable character where you have certain number of points at the start and then you can allocate those points in activating skills that you want, like having a warrior with higher magic.

joasoz
02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
What King's Bounty really needs is a fully customizable character where you have certain number of points at the start and then you can allocate those points in activating skills that you want, like having a warrior with higher magic.

Isnt that just called a strong Mage :)

It would be fun to "make" a character as you suggest. Giving skills/specializations before the game starts.
Hunter : +10% attack against all animals. Upgrades to +20% trap damage after killing 2000 animals.

Diplomat : If the enemy has the same units as you then 5% of these units will leave enemy before battle. If you loose any of these troops - then the 5% will fill their spot up to leadership limit. Upgrades to 7% after the Diplomat skill has been used 100 times

Sniper : Special skill where you can kill a single unit before a battle starts. Upgrades to 2 units after 100 uses and 3 units after 200 units. Cost 5 mana. Useful against level 5 enemies, worthless against low level.

Stuff like this would be good

pavned
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Already made that suggestion on another thread but I'd love to be able to own a Castle at some point in the game. The cstle could enable you to get free units of a kind (what I think is that it would be land-specific, meaning you get a castle on dwarfland well you get to have dwarf units).

Plus the castle could enable you to build some specific items, develop certain skill, could put a ompanion to manage it, giving you some bonus to stats.

And what I'd like is having some Castle related quest, like defend against an invading army.

pavned
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
One other thing, I don't want a Heroes of M&M style of castle amnagement. It must be kjkept really simple but still enjoyable.

Hento
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Already made that suggestion on another thread but I'd love to be able to own a Castle at some point in the game.

Practically the whole time while playing KB:TL I was expecting that feature...:(

joasoz
02-02-2010, 07:34 AM
In the start of the game the King explains that the kingdom is in turmoil and a weakened kingdom will soon be the prey of other kingdoms.
All the Kings men are busy trying to keep the kingdom together. Therefore it is up to you young squire to go to the forest of Aratha and help establish a stronghold.

This means that you will have an outpost that will be developed during the game. You will get quests like
1. Supply the outpost with defenders (50 swordsmen and 50 archers)
2. Free the ore mine from ghosts so that the production can resume
3. Get the right to harvest wood in the elven forest (by doing quests for the elves to prove that you will not cut too much)
4. Clear the whole area of bandits and wild animals so that the civilians can do their business.

Slowly the outpost will become a castle. You could influence its development through quests so that the castle can be differend depending on your quest fullfillment (what troops can be recruited, what people live there (and their quests)) and so on.

I am ranting now - sorry

jake21
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Is there going to be another KB game in the relative near (1ish yr) future ?

markgil
02-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Is there going to be another KB game in the relative near (1ish yr) future ?

i asked the same question a while ago and was told that there are no plans for another KB game. hopefully that will change because of the success of both games.

Hento
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
If they said they have no plans and later changed their minds, it would take at least 2 years to make a new sequel(not expansion).
But seriously, there is no reason to not make it, they now have great experience, they want money, it's not an expensive game to make and everyone likes it. Why wouldn't they make a similar game?

joasoz
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I would like one more game based on the current engine - then a totally new one :)

markgil
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
"and since there’s still no word regarding the third entry in the series, the concepts upon which The Legend and Armored Princess were built leave the door wide open for a possible Heroes of Might and Magic 6"

Zechnophobe
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Some fairly simple changes I'd like to see:

1) Ents lose the PLANT trait and gain the TREEFOLK trait. Treefolk gives -25% fire resistance, but +80% poison resistance. It does NOT make them immune to resurrection (Treefolk have souls).

2) Pirates and Seadogs have the Nimble activated skill. Reload 3, grants them 100% dodge for one turn.

3) Necromancers can use their raise dead ability on an undead stack to cause it to regain health, and res dead(deader?) units.

4) Remove Resurrection Spell. Instead make Healing spell level 3 able to resurrect level 1-4 units as well as heal whatever damage it deals. Now Heal level three costs 20 mana. (3/2/20 mana cost)

5) Hyena scavenge ability works similar to the bandit ability to teleport to chests. Moves to the location, -1 AP, but still can go.

6) Hunters and Elves gain similar abilities: Doubleshot. For elf, is a reload 3 ability that lets them take a shot against an opponent, but doesn't end turn (Effectively letting them shoot twice, but at two different targets if they want). Hunter version has 3 charges, no reload time.

7) Alchemist Holy water can be used on ally to heal it (no res) and give it +1 speed for two turns.

Eight) Giants lose 'run' ability. Earthquake ability now causes giant to 'jump' to a cell within a range of 3, and then do earthquake damage from there.

9) Druids get +2 Initiative.

10) Level 1 Spiders and Level 2 Snakes gain "Natural Animal" ability that gives them +1 Movement in green areas (forests, grassland, etc).

11) Royal thorns summon less thorns, but have two abilities "Sow Warriors" and "Sow Hunters".

12) Hunter gains "Ensnare" ability that places trap on battlefield (damage dependant on number of hunters). 1 Charge. Abilities that improve trap spell, also improve this trap.

13) New Order Spell "Holy Anger" that causes the target to get +5/10/15 attack against demons and undead, and to generate +1/2/3 additional rage on all its attacks. Lasts 2/3/4 turns.

14) New Human Units, Griffon Rider. Level 5. Has ability "Dive" which causes it to dive into a square within 4 spaces, and do damage to all neighboring units, and push them back a square. Has ability "Paragon". When it kills an enemy with a melee attack, gives all human units +1 AP.

loreangelicus
02-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I'd like a multiplayer feature to be added, if only to have head-to-head battles with two character builds. :grin:

Zechnophobe
02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Another good one I thought of. Make the 'summoner' skill also give the summoned units +1/2/3 morale, so that it has an effect on the phoenix and book of evil. (Assuming a sequel would have some kind of summoner special).

KongMysen
02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
A better AI on enemy heroes..

Lower their UBER stats, but make them place traps and cast dragon Slayer when facing a single Black Dragon instead of castin Geyser.
I like the fact that you easily win impossible fights due to the superior human brain, but I think the heroes should be buffed AI- wise

Make summoned units count as "spell damage". It annoyed me that I just finished a game using only 4 different units but could see all the Demon spawns from Demon Portal.

-More like fixes rather than new ideas, but I hope for a 3rd game with the same engine.

KongMysen
02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Another good one I thought of. Make the 'summoner' skill also give the summoned units +1/2/3 morale, so that it has an effect on the phoenix and book of evil. (Assuming a sequel would have some kind of summoner special).

Or they could make the phoenix HOMM'ish, meaning the dmg and healt of the unit is determined by a combination of intelligence and the summoner skill

Metathron
02-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I would like there to be some moral choices in the next game. Being a double agent in AP is fun but branching would make the game more interesting and, more importantly, would further increase replayability. I'm thinking of quests such as the goblin/orc feud, helping out the necromancer(s), killing/saving Lady Magnet etc. Making either choice should have some substantial impact on the course of the game, not just a different amount of XP/rewards attached to each.

Mattosur4
07-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Id love to see an Army Management screen that lets you build a 2nd / 3rd army, with its own Reserve slots. There are so many units and I used so little in the game as its a pain to go back and forth to castles to garrison and ungarrison units.

The game should require you to change units every so often, i.e lose your units upon arriving to a new land / island etc... & only be able to use units of that island for some time etc...

Units should be cheaper, easier to aquire and you should lose many more in battle. I found myself wasting a lot of time re-doing fights to keep a no-loss mentality going, the game would be more enjoyable if there was no need todo this. i.e easy cheap replacements on you, to swap in after battle.

More battles like the University one on Elon, i.e your given an army and challenged to defeat another. More of these challenges would have been great.

Multi hero battles like the final battle. More of these during the game would have been fun. 2 heroes v 2 evil demon heroes etc..

clinek
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Multi hero battles like the final battle. More of these during the game would have been fun. 2 heroes v 2 evil demon heroes etc

They are really cool but lets all be honest here, how much damage did billy really inflict against baal in the entire fight? Come to think of it, what use was he at all? I just finished my last no loss game for AP (really, im done until crossworlds god danm it) and im pretty sure he did about 800 damage to baal and caused more problems for me than anything else. the demoness's would always charm his troops and cause them to attack my paladins and make them use up the retaliation. anyways i digress, the battles are interesting but your ally causes more problems than they give help

Mattosur4
07-10-2010, 11:44 PM
It was still a welcome change vs the 1000'th standard fight against troops or 1 enemy hero. He wasn't much help, think his Knights did some good damage the rest died rather quick. If no loss victories became impossible and more emphasis on the battles and trying different things / troops then it wouldn't really matter if the ally was any good or not.

The game has the room to be slightly less repetitive.

Matt

clinek
07-11-2010, 01:18 AM
The game has the room to be slightly less repetitive

All rpg games that have a continuous series such as kings bounty, elder scrolls, HOMM ect, is like that though. Honestly guys, when you first bought this game, it was a real bitch to even make it through at all let alone no losses. As we played over, and over, and over, and over (and many more times) we began to understand the battle mechanics which led to us knowing how the game works inside and out. If they really want to make the game interesting, we need to battle each other. For gods sake, we kill armies of monsters with 10 times our leadership and more without losing a single unit. when we fight baal, ktahuu, and zigaldis, we not only have to deal with thier insane damage that they can dish out, but we also have to kill sometimes 100or more level 5 units alone without losing a single unit. How long do anyone of you think you could survive against the people on this forum? We would have to come up with completely different strategies on how to kill each other which may or may not work. That is the best way to keep us coming back, killing each other.