PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, a video request

Flyby
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
(Oh no! not another "Please, Mr. Maddox. Make a special video just to please me" request.) Well,...yeah. I just watched Tuckie's latest video compilation. It showed lots of planes with wings being blown off. It got me wondering (since update videos are being released now). Is it possible to produce a very short video showing wings being shot off in SoW_BoB? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd enjoy comparing the old with the new. If ya don't ask, they can't tell ya "no". No telling how long it might take Luthier to accomplish this little feat (shooting a wing off). I have no idea how good a shot he is. (no offense. I'm sincere)
Flyby out
BTW, props to Tuckie for another great video effort. :)

furbs
01-31-2010, 09:07 PM
would love to see that too...or any type of shooting :) but i think we are a while off seeing anything like that.

SlipBall
01-31-2010, 09:13 PM
(quote)
Is it possible to produce a very short video showing wings being shot off in SoW_BoB?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!...come back in one year

Flyby
01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
well it might be a while, but I don't see that glass as half empty. not good for the spirit, don't ya know. rather, I'd like to think the sim will be released within six months or less, therefore making such a video do-able sooner rather than later. what with recent screens of damage modeling, it occurs to me that such damage had to be caused by SOMETHING. woodnya think?
I'll pass on the soup. where's the beef? :D
This is Flyby. out

rakinroll
01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, we want videos of some dogfight in SoW and Olga pls! :grin:

Flyby
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
the masses have spoken! Let there be video of wings shot off, fluttering in the breezes! (and soon too!)
Flyby out

Flanker35M
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
S!

Would be nice to see any video and what realism settings were used etc. Sure looks purty now in DX 11.

Flyby
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
S!

Would be nice to see any video and what realism settings were used etc. Sure looks purty now in DX 11.
S! 2u2!You've seen DX11 screens of SoW? Where? Where?! :D
Flyby out
ps pass the word. maybe we can increase the appeal of the requests of the masses if we have a few more of them ask in here. ;)

ECV56_Lancelot
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
To be honest, and even it would be nice to see some video of the kind requested here, i prefer leave all that graphics effects to be kept secret so we will get more a surprise effect once the sim is released.
I would prefer to see and discuss more about FMB tools, third party development tools (adding humans, 3d models of ships, aircrafts and vehicles, creating maps), multiplayer campaigns, realism and views options, mission planning, and so on.
We have good damage modeling on IL-2, and we know it will be much more improved on SoW, the same with graphics. So i think it would be better to see more material from other things that are not visual effects related.
For example, i would like to know if now on the FMB we will be able to create packages of planes (diferent kind of planes that for one big group), packages of static or moving ground troops (tanks, vehicles, artiller an so on), and also for ships, and create fleets.
Or also would like to know if we will get limited external views, and things like that.

rakinroll
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, not df video maybe but least takeoff or landing video in a simulated airfield would be great.

zakkandrachoff
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
pour cossacks, if they don’t have Money for a modern video card, send me the Storm Of War Beta and, whit my XFX 5850 BE I can take some screenshots whit Direct X 11

Remember the Janes attack squadron, they have a shooting model room. We can put whatever guns we want and shot any plane. That was very cool.

The video of the spitfire flying is the best for now. The pilot not:-)

And an Olga video is missing:rolleyes:

Flyby
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
To be honest, and even it would be nice to see some video of the kind requested here, i prefer leave all that graphics effects to be kept secret so we will get more a surprise effect once the sim is released.
I would prefer to see and discuss more about FMB tools, third party development tools (adding humans, 3d models of ships, aircrafts and vehicles, creating maps), multiplayer campaigns, realism and views options, mission planning, and so on.
We have good damage modeling on IL-2, and we know it will be much more improved on SoW, the same with graphics. So i think it would be better to see more material from other things that are not visual effects related.
For example, i would like to know if now on the FMB we will be able to create packages of planes (different kind of planes that for one big group), packages of static or moving ground troops (tanks, vehicles, artillery an so on), and also for ships, and create fleets.
Or also would like to know if we will get limited external views, and things like that.
No offense to you but that sounds like another thread in the making. Certainly your request is far greater in depth than what I am asking for. That's a good thing, no doubt
about it, but maybe less likely to be granted than my simple request. I think I'd fall off the planet if Oleg said "let's explain the FMB to them first, then give them a bit of a gunnery video". It's just my thinking, and I'm just saying... ;) Either way, I hope you don't have to wait long before Oleg comes through with granting your request. Good luck!
Flyby out
PS seeing such a video as I request would be like seeing a sexy woman in a skimpy bathing suit; nice to look at, and seen as a hopeful precursor of better things to come (the stuff dreams are made of) :D

ECV56_Lancelot
02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
...would be like seeing a sexy woman in a skimpy bathing suit; nice to look at, and seen as a hopeful precursor of better things to come (the stuff dreams are made of) :D

Now i´m dreaming! :roll::oops:

Flyby
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Now i´m dreaming! :roll::oops:
???????

ECV56_Lancelot
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
???????

I´m dreaming the sexy woman! :rolleyes:

rakinroll
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Keep going Flyby! "We want a flight video!" And yes, please. :grin:

Flyby
02-02-2010, 11:13 AM
OK Lance, I get it now ( you sly dog! ;) ).
Rakinroll, I'm on the case, and remain hopeful that Luthier or Oleg will see our sincerity, and match it with a bit of compassion for us; we (well me anyway) who suffer drug-like withdrawal symptoms after seeing the two special SoW videos. We just can't get enough videos now, and waiting is a physical agony.
BTW Lancelot, I hope your FMB dream comes true too. I'd love to see oleg respond to that request as well.
Flyby out

Flyby
02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
errr....uuhhh....***Bump*** (?)
Flyby out