PDA

View Full Version : $5 on Gamersgate (31/1/10)

Zhuangzi
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Like it says, you can get this for $5 from Gamersgate now. I have heard some less than good things about the game (especially the speech - I lol'ed at the youtube trailer) but this is supposed to be a Fallout type game, so I thought I'd give it a try. Haven't started playing yet - it's still downloading. But I have more than $3 in Blue Coins so I literally paid $2 for this game. Can't be that bad, right? ;)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PLAAL/planet-alcatraz

persoiranian
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
u only paid $2...wow..the game value is at least ten times more.!!

Zhuangzi
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, I played for about 3 hours already, so I've got my money's worth. It's sad that this game has only got one review on Metacritic and that is 20% :o

Aside from the laughable voice acting, I don't see the problem with this so far. Nice visuals and decent combat mechanics.

persoiranian
02-02-2010, 03:45 AM
yeah,the game rocks.forget the stupid review of the LEVEL.

Zhuangzi
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I've got a really strange problem that I thought you might be able to help with. I've recently arrived at the northern city and since then Boar starts dancing every time he isn't walking! If this isn't bad enough, he drops any weapon he is holding, which means I can't walk around with anything equipped.

Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug, and have you any idea how to fix it? :confused:

persoiranian
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
hehe.boar is drunk.you have to rest and that will heal him.it's not a bug.

Zhuangzi
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Ha! I didn't think of that. I just returned from an expedition and I thought re-entering the city had fixed the problem, but now that I think of it I did rest first. AND I did drink a bottle of vodka. That was so annoying having to pick up his gun all the time. Cheers. :)

persoiranian
02-02-2010, 01:29 PM
even when he is drunk if u order him to attack an enemy,he will not drop his weapon until end of the fight.but in peace time,he will!!
now, enjoy the game;)

hank hobo
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
thats where and when i bought my copy.
i was watching it for price drop and the next day... voila.
things can happen.

so far i am quite satisfied with the overall performance.
still getting used to the combat system. i would have appreciated a turn based one though.

graphics are fine, dialouges are ... well... at least u can press escape.
i am just begining to explore the planetary map so i guess theres still much to do.

enjoy!

Zhuangzi
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
I am up to the stage where I've explored the northern city (except a western side that you don't seem to be able to get to?) and done a few encounters as well. The game is excellent in terms of the graphics, combat system, inventory etc, but the story itself seems a little lacking. You could use this engine to make an even better game, I reckon.

persoiranian
02-07-2010, 05:22 AM
you can get to the western side later in the game.
there is already one sequel for the game.HOPEFULLY 1c will publish the english version also.