PDA

View Full Version : Friday 2010-01-29 Screenshots AND Discussion Thread

Oleg Maddox
01-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Some of animations for pilots.

Please watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7nEL1ekzM

Updated: You can download the HD version of this video here (http://www.1cfiles.com/httpd/IL2_CliffsofDover/SlowMO.wmv).

TheGrunch
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow wow wow wow! That is exactly the degree of animation that I was hoping for, nothing too extravagant but nice and fluid and believable.

335th_GRSwaty
01-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Woow!!:)

Thank you Oleg!!!

Baron
01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Very nice :)

This game is gonna be unbeliveble.

A Question: is bailout gonna be simillar in detail? Or is that a bailout, noticed the Spit was moving and he still had his oxegynmask on?

Edit: I imagine that bailout is a bit more complicated since there are a multitud of differant ways to jump out of a ac depending on what damage is there?

Feathered_IV
01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Now that got me interested. :cool:

DJB
01-29-2010, 11:31 AM
WooooW

Amazing!

¡Olé tus cojones! (I don't know how translate this)

Thank you very much!

igitur70
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
More than fantastic! And where is he going like that?

TheGrunch
01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
I assume there will be several different ones? That's a fairly ideal situation for a bailout. :) Always makes me laugh that Maddox Games' animators manage to make things look so believable for the situation when huge companies like Bethesda manage to make every character in their first-person shooters walk like they have the coat-hangers still in their clothes. Good animation > high polycount, IMO.

HB252
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!

F A N T A S TIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply great work again!!!!

THX Oleg and teamwork guys.

kendo65
01-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh my god!

Robert
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Did the wind suddenly rush out of everyone's lungs trying to catch your breath from this video?

Wow. No really. WOW!

I HAVE to add that the lighting really lends believability along with the fluid animation. Nice job fellows. Thanks for the clip.

Tbag
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
That makes me think that we might see somebody sitting on our wing when taxiing! And groundcrew! That is going to be great! Thanks Oleg and Team!

lbuchele
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Imagine this happening after you peppered a Bf 109 engine with .303, engine stopped, and you are leveled besides the enemy fighter same speed, just seeing the pilot abandoning it´s ship.
This sort of thing adds a lot of immersion factor and the sense of "beeing there"
Mr.Oleg and team once more stablishing new standarts for the industry.
( I wasn´t a fanboy, but I think that after the release of SOW , I will accept to be one of them,shame on me)

genbrien
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
geez..... animation looks better than some recent shooter.......

GREAT WORK!!!!!!

Oleg Maddox
01-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Mr.Oleg and team once more stablishing new standarts for the industry.

I will corect a bit: for flight sim industry at first. :):)

Skarphol
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
This series of development news has made fridays SOOO much better than other days!!

I'm looking forward to this with enormous anticipation!

Skarphol

Flyby
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Oleg,
If one is flying in the closed cockpit mode (full real) can SoW be set up where a pilot can enable this as a default bailout view? Or is it restricted to enabled outside views? It is truly an impressive video. Never saw anything like it in a sim before. BTW, is that a DX9c rendered video?
This is Flyby. Out.

Eldur
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Now that's some nice feature :D

HFC_Dolphin
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Simply fantastic!

Thanks for this present Oleg :)

PVT.Roger
01-29-2010, 12:28 PM
OMG!

Game set match!

Awesome!!

:grin:

Matze81
01-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Beautiful animation! Very nice!
The SloMo was a good idea!

Btw, it would be great, if the videos would also be available as download.

lbuchele
01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I will corect a bit: for flight sim industry at first. :):)

First , the flight sim industry, after :THE WORLD!
(mad cientist laughing)

Oleg Maddox
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM

We still have a problem with ftp.
Really don't know when we'll have the new one.
Sorry.

6S.Manu
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Wonderful animation!!

A british pilot bailing out from his spitfire... Nice!!!! I've to get used to it! :D

There are useful plugins who permit to download from YouTube. ;)

Like Easy YouTube video Downloader for Firefox

HFC_Dolphin
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
No worries, we can still download the youtube videos ;)

NSU
01-29-2010, 12:46 PM
wauu this is realy good!!!!!!!!!!

Matze81
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry.

Copy. No problem.
Thanks for your reply!

Flanker35M
01-29-2010, 12:52 PM
S!

Nice one.

PeterPanPan
01-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Bloody amazing animation - sooooooo believable. It's details like this that add so much to the overall immersion of the sim. Thanks Oleg and Team.

PPanPan

Nike-it
01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Link for HD video added. Check Oleg's post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=140238&postcount=1)!
Also added to the previous video: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12757

Matze81
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Link for HD video added. Check Oleg's post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=140238&postcount=1)!
Also added to the previous video: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12757

Thank you! Much appreciated! :grin:

zapatista
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
oleg,

looks fantastic, really inspiring to see that type of human animation for the pilots and crew in your new flightsim :)

will there be some animated humans at the airfields from the start of the BoB release, or is this to be added later ?

for ex, fueling aircraft, medical crews, vehicle drives etc ?

Oleg Maddox
01-29-2010, 01:16 PM
oleg,

looks fantastic, really inspiring to see that type of human animation for the pilots and crew in your new flightsim :)

will there be some animated humans at the airfields from the start of the BoB release, or is this to be added later ?

for ex, fueling aircraft, medical crews, vehicle drives etc ?

Some main from the start. Some - probably after. Also I hope the third party developers will be able to add a lot in future....

HFC_Dolphin
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
And the "has to be asked" question of the week:
Oleg, any release time schedule you can share? :)

caprera
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Great addition doubtless, but the plane seemed to be on the ground actually. Not a bailing out but just getting out after landing...

drafting
01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Now that's awesome! :grin: I've wanted bailouts like that ever since I first started playing flight sims!

Now, I have have to ask... That's probably hand animated and not using something like Euphoria (or is it??), so how do you account for all possible situations?

Like, say the Spit is missing its left wing and is spinning down... The pilot probably wouldn't step out on the wing in that situation! He'd possibly get flung out spinning through the air...

or say the elevators were jammed full down and the Spit was violently nosing over... would the pilot get lifted up and out?

Of course, that might just be the 'get out of the plane on the ground' animation (but the 'Arrrgg!' suggests otherwise?) and you can ignore my post. :grin:

Rango
01-29-2010, 01:40 PM
This is really breathtaking. I fly sims since the old days of BOB, SWOTL, Falcon3, Redbaron, CFS1,2,3,... and always thought that IL-2 is top of the edge and can be improved only marginally. Okay, the screen shots were excellent too, but this animation stuff is the first step into a new dimension of flight simming. I have only one problem: My wife. What will she say if I decide to live only in the virtual world after going public of SOW? :grin:
If this game is available in stores I will take a four-week-vacation and leave my PC only for beer run. ;) May the force be with you, Oleg!!!

Avimimus
01-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Increadibly impressive.

Howver, I'd still personally prefer a 1st person bailout to a fance climbingout sequence.

But still increadibly impressive.

Yes,

Avimimus
01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Quick question: Will the skeletal model be flexible enough that animations for non-humans to be included? I'm sure some people will want to do an 1930s African sim with herds of elephants.

choctaw111
01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Thank you again for the update.
This is another really nice surprise!
I can say that Oleg has done nothing but surprise me over these last few years! :)
Thanks Oleg and team for what will be an AWESOME flight sim!

erco
01-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone else notice the pilot's parachute swinging from his harness as he deplaned?

This is going to be a game-changer! (literally)

Awesome work Oleg and Crew!!!!

AdMan
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM
freakin sweet man

Freycinet
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I imagine that is not how it is going to look when the pilot exits an inverted plane... :)

Beautiful animation. I wonder what will happen if the pilot takes a bullet halfway through the movement. Rag-doll physics?

csThor
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I can already hear the new PC I'm going to buy for this beg for mercy. :mrgreen:

Oleg - whatever you have to do, even if someone needs to disappear from the face of earth (if that's needed send me a mail, I'll take care of it) but for all that is sacred make sure that these brainfarts at Ubisoft don't get their hands on SoW with that BS of their new DRM scheme! That would be such a crying shame to waste all these efforts, hard work and passion on a publisher who treats its honest customers like criminals.

kendo65
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Now that's awesome! :grin: I've wanted bailouts like that ever since I first started playing flight sims!

Now, I have have to ask... That's probably hand animated and not using something like Euphoria (or is it??), so how do you account for all possible situations?

Like, say the Spit is missing its left wing and is spinning down... The pilot probably wouldn't step out on the wing in that situation! He'd possibly get flung out spinning through the air...

or say the elevators were jammed full down and the Spit was violently nosing over... would the pilot get lifted up and out?

Of course, that might just be the 'get out of the plane on the ground' animation (but the 'Arrrgg!' suggests otherwise?) and you can ignore my post. :grin:

This whole subject (animated bailout) is something I've been hoping to see done really well in SOW. Judging by the video it will be, but each new tidbit released by Oleg throws up a whole set of new questions.

The answer, I think, to your question is that differing circumstances will require different animations, for example, a situation where the aircraft is nose down and out of control will have the pilot almost 'ejecting' vertically out of the cockpit as he pushes off with his legs.

The issues for bombers are even greater - with different escape hatches on different parts of the ac. This is something where il2 really fell down - it had (afaik) just the one standard bail out sequence optimised for fighters, so in bombers you would see the crew 'materialise' mid-fuselage in sequence and then even fall through the ac body on their way down.

This video shows the standard that will be possible in SOW. My only reservation is whether there will be time to produce a full, diverse range of bailout animations for the release date.

Oleg has said they are prioritising aircrew and AAA crew for the initial release. I understand the difficulties involved and personally would be happy to even go with a slimmed down 'generic' set of animations for initial release - presumably more particular and varied animations could be slotted in later..?

Freycinet
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
This is something where il2 really fell down - it had (afaik) just the one standard bail out sequence optimised for fighters, so in bombers you would see the crew 'materialise' mid-fuselage in sequence and then even fall through the ac body on their way down.

"Fell down", if you expect a program to be able to show everything, totally disregarding the hardware limitations. There was a reason for the animation being rather crude, you know...

AdMan
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
from previous posts I'm under the impression there will be certain situations (as in real life) where the pilot won't be able to bailout, I'd imagine a high G spin might be one of those. Taking that into account 3-5 different bailout animations would suffice, hopefully we get something like that or more. Less would leave players wanting something more sophisticated.

ECV56_Lancelot
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
It does look great, but i agree it looks more like a pilot descending from a plane on the ground, that bailing out. Very rarely the piloto will have the chance to put the aircraft flying straight and level and bail out in such en "elegant" fashion.

A very unimportant video animation error, is that seeing the high quality video you see the parachute going thru the seat. Again, its irrelevant, is way more than good enough for me as it is.

Also, impressive work with the cockpit interior from the outside view of the plane. While the pilot exits the plane, with the high quality video, you can really apreciate it.

As far as i know, until now, it was not confirmed that as third party we could model humans and animate them for importing in to the sim. That is something i would like to try. Any info you can share at the moment about software needed, poly count, and so on, to do this? So those of us interest we can start to look at it.

Thanks and good update! :)

Ian_Guerrero
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Some main from the start. Some - probably after. Also I hope the third party developers will be able to add a lot in future....

Hi Oleg,

Do when developers speaking refers to external companies or with independent developers?

Do you already have thought that type of agreements, that things are that may make and the terms of these agreements?

I say that you and your entire development team are doing a fantastic job for all fans air WWII combat simulation. I keep in my memory the first time that I came home with my nice box of 2001 IL-2 waiting to see something similar to what already knew: the CFS and the face is I am to see the first images of IL-2 Sturmovik on my computer...

Many thanks to the team for their work ;)

AndyJWest
01-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I think it is a bit misleading to look at this animation in too much detail, and suggest that it is 'wrong' for say an inverted bailout. The whole thing is less than a second or so long, so in real time, you will hardly notice the finer points - it is a lot better than IL-2, anyway. It's nice that the sim supports this sort of detail, but things that only occur very occasionally are less important than getting the basics right - though nothing I've seen so far gives me any reason to doubt they will.

Once again, impressive stuff. I wonder what we'll see next week? I'd like to see a dogfight, but more likely it'll be something more esoteric, like a close up of the Bolingbroke undercarriage as it retracts, or 'before' and 'after' closups of the fabric patches on Spitfire gunports...

AdMan
01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
A very unimportant video animation error, is that seeing the high quality video you see the parachute going thru the seat.

I THINK physx between the seat and chute could help that without having to change the basic animation :confused:

but those things are always going to happen in games anyway

Novotny
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Gah - I'm stuck in work and cannot view the videos - but I really can't believe we've got to 6 pages without the usual ungrateful whining.

How refreshing!

BigC208
01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I also think that the animation is going to be used for a deplaning on the ground with the aircraft at a full stop. I used to fly skydivers and even flying around 80 knots they had a hard time getting out of the plane against the wind. Let alone doing it at 200+ mph. Love the aninamation and to see what wil be possible with moving crews. Real immersion enhancer.

drafting
01-29-2010, 02:43 PM
It'd be amazing if Euphoria could be blended into the hand-drawn bailing out animations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI

That way, you wouldn't have to hand-animate all possible situations, and you could still have things like the wing blowing off half way through the animation, and the pilot responding accordingly... or if the pilot bounced off the horizontal stabilizer, he'd tumble realistically.

It'd definitely produce some eye-popping 'I can't believe I just saw that' kind of situations. :eek:

caprera
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
doubtless quote ;)

13th Hsqn Protos
01-29-2010, 03:03 PM
S~! Oleg

Nothing to criticize there.

Well done !

You got AA on that? The antenna mast looked a little jagged.

mark@1C
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
The caption is interesting!!!
Haaaaahaahaa!!!
But the pilot is a little fat...

Tte. Costa
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
But the pilot is a little fat...

Is the way you look wearing this Jacket. ;)
http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastmanleather/products/product-118282.stm

kendo65
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
"Fell down", if you expect a program to be able to show everything, totally disregarding the hardware limitations. There was a reason for the animation being rather crude, you know...

I know - wasn't meant as a criticism of il2 (difficult to cover all the details when you're focusing on making your point). Totally right - in its time and with the hardware available il2 was great (and still is ...back-covering ;) ).

It's just that 10 years on things have changed and its inherent visual 'compromises' start to grow more irritating in comparison with more modern games.

Insuber
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey where are the screenshots? I see only a video here :D

AdMan
01-29-2010, 03:25 PM
It'd be amazing if Euphoria could be blended into the hand-drawn bailing out animations:

That way, you wouldn't have to hand-animate all possible situations, and you could still have things like the wing blowing off half way through the animation, and the pilot responding accordingly... or if the pilot bounced off the horizontal stabilizer, he'd tumble realistically.

It'd definitely produce some eye-popping 'I can't believe I just saw that' kind of situations. :eek:

indeed, that is some sick technology they have there

PeterPanPan
01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Is this animation part of a bail sequence or a simple ground based exit? (I know the Spit is moving).

I'm sure some bails were this simple, but a popular/safe technique was to undo your straps, open the canopy, tuck up into a ball and just push the stick forward. Pilots would then simply float up out of the aircraft as it dived away.

The animation possibilities are almost limitless - this one is a GREAT start. Very exciting indeed.

PPanPan

philip.ed
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Oleg, will we see the pilot unplug his wiring loom and oxygen pipe? As his would happen if a pilot chose to carry on wearing his helmet, although generally it was considered policy to leave the helmet in the plane. If this were to b modelled in a first person view later on, then I have a ton of info to supply on how the wiring loom and oxygen tube looked and everything (as I own both of these items in my RAF collection)

:D cheers

Letum
01-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks Oleg.
Top work! :grin:

Ailantd
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Beautifull... but, ¿what if the plane is spining or in inverted flight?

Mysticpuma
01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Looks very nice so-far, but I agree it looks like someone climbing out of a cockpit to step onto the ground.

I'd think from footage I've seen the Pilot wouldn't have barely a second to stand on the wing before plummeting off. Early footage I know, but next it would be great to see some wind effects buffeting the pilot and the Parachute buffeted around too?

Lastly, if there is a chance, could we see the First Person POV next-time as it would be brilliant to see the pilot climb in First Person, from the cockpit and then tumble away from the aircraft.

Really looking good, cheers, MP.

Aviar
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
A couple of obvious questions:

1. This is a 3rd person view, but what will a human pilot flying close behind this plane see?

2. While this pilot is outside of the cockpit, say standing on the wing, is he able to be shot by enemy gunfire...or even injured by a nearby flak explosion?

Aviar

brando
01-29-2010, 04:54 PM
2. While this pilot is outside of the cockpit, say standing on the wing, is he able to be shot by enemy gunfire...or even injured by a nearby flak explosion?

Aviar

IIRC, the IL2 pilot figure is vulnerable in this way as soon as he leaves the cockpit, certainly in 3rd person view anyway. Presumably this simple programming will be present for SoW as well.

B

zaelu
01-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Cool stuff Oleg and team!

Foo'bar
01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Sorry.

Meanwhile you can get it here:
http://www.sowskins.com/videos/Storm_of_War_Battle_of_Britain_Pilots_Animation.C4 3

Take VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) to watch the video.

EmlD
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
really nice animation. Thanks for the preview!

mano
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
AMAZING!!!!

what a beautiful animation!!
I can't believe!!

I'm so happy!!

tha's a great work!!!!

I'm also very impressed!!

SlipBall
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Sure footed very fluid motion, as if he had done that exit a hundred time's before. Pilot has good posture as he dismounts to have a close up look at his ride...Well done team!:grin:

Qpassa
01-29-2010, 06:32 PM
11/10 ,thanks for the video ,so cool

Rodolphe
01-29-2010, 07:16 PM

Is this animation is part of a bail sequence or a simple ground based exit? (I know the Spit is moving).

Sneak into the flightdeck and plunge to the Undercarriage Lever, it seems this beauty has been configured for ground ops. ;)

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/Undercarriage.jpg

airmalik
01-29-2010, 07:28 PM
First off - awesome video! Never seen anything like this in a flight sim before! I'm starting to feel a lot better about the landscape now. If it's on par with the animations we've seen, it'll be truly astounding.

This is SO encouraging! Opens up the possibility of a third party developer creating a 'euphoria' add-on to extend the base animations developed by Oleg's team. This add-on could start with these initial animations and then blend into euphoria based animations which react to the environment. For this bailout sequence, the pilot could climb out as normal and then be ripped off the plane by the wind, maybe bounce off the h stab, tumble towards the ground and if the pilot is still conscious, the chute could open at which point the animation switches back to Oleg's hand made animation.

Depending on the attitude and speed of the plane, the euphoria based animation could take over from the canned animations at different points of the sequence. In a dive, for instance, the pilot only gets to pulling himself up off the seat and then gets sucked out of the cockpit courtesy of euphoria.

I can't imagine this add-on being cheap due to licensing costs but I'd definitely get it!

Oleg, is something along these lines a possibility?

cheer!

virre89
01-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Amazing as always oleg , 11/10 can't wait.

JVM
01-29-2010, 07:48 PM
In the mean time, for people interested in evacuating airplanes you should watch this rather long but mightily interesting video:

http://video.yandex.ru/users/prokudin-gorskiy/view/635/

Not to mention the added bonus of nice views of unusual aircraft...

JVM

Romanator21
01-29-2010, 07:51 PM
When in the video it says: "slow motion" does this mean 1/4 time that we are familiar with? Is the first part of the video in normal time, or sped up?

The reason I am asking is the first part looks too fast for a human, while the second looks a bit more natural (but maybe just a little too slow). What will be the final "normal" speed that this occurs at?

Good video, thanks!:cool:

zakkandrachoff
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM

Sneak into the flightdeck and plunge to the Undercarriage Lever, it seems this beauty has been configured for ground ops. ;)

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/Undercarriage.jpg

is imperative to change your obsolet windows vista for the windows seven. In a computer whit vista, i put altctrlsupr and appears more than 40 proces whit regeit shoting down programs in the start included. In Windows seven only appear 6 process. It is just a little sujestion for play much better, in some future, SOW;)

drafting
01-29-2010, 08:13 PM
In the mean time, for people interested in evacuating airplanes you should watch this rather long but mightily interesting video:

JVM

Wow, that's an incredible (ly rare?) video... I especially liked seeing the Russian A-20 and B-25 towards the end. They really went all out having the guys actually bail out instead of just diagramming it! :grin:

I hope that SoW will be able to mimic how violent these bailouts look after leaving the plane... (tumbling and such before opening the chute)

Necrobaron
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing! As you said, Euphoria would go a long way to having unique and believable animations without having to do it by hand.

Very nice update Oleg! Beautiful work!

________
Canary islands recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/canary-islands/)

Sutts
01-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Fantastic work Oleg and team. Thanks for the update.:grin:

CrazySchmidt
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for the update.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)

Insuber
01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
A very unimportant video animation error, is that seeing the high quality video you see the parachute going thru the seat. Again, its irrelevant, is way more than good enough for me as it is.

No, it is not. The seat actually is concave.

Ins

major_setback
01-29-2010, 09:19 PM
When in the video it says: "slow motion" does this mean 1/4 time that we are familiar with? Is the first part of the video in normal time, or sped up?

The reason I am asking is the first part looks too fast for a human, while the second looks a bit more natural (but maybe just a little too slow). What will be the final "normal" speed that this occurs at?

Good video, thanks!:cool:

I agree. The slow motion version looks far more realistic to me.

Also I don't think you could dart out of a moving plane so very quickly, and if it were staionary on the ground there would be no need to.

Thanks Oleg for the update, and for a fine piece of work!!!

MikkOwl
01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Quality is great. I love animations and proper physics. There's a trend in games in that rendering of landscape and objects increases hugely every other year, the animations don't keep up - at all. In certain positions animations look fine but mostly it is by far the largest thing that 'looks wrong'.

As for Storm of War and immersion - what is really required is a pilot's body visible in first person (affected by Gforces and all), holding stick and throttle - and when bailing out, the canopy goes, the wind noise gets deafening and, when at the right moment, you get pulled out (going inverted), looking down seeing your legs detach from the pedals and get sucked out of the cockpit, leaving the plane below you. With loud heartbeat sounds and some dizziness.

Snuff_Pidgeon
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Wonderful!!!!

Abbeville-Boy
01-29-2010, 09:45 PM
way cool
i think the same animation sequence will be used for bailing and ground exit. anyway looks really good to me and is only a small part of time spent flying. so i would be happy with that for the release. i don't need my scarf flapping for now on a bail out, i can wait

Ala7p_Wevete
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow, thats very, very ,very, very, very, very, amazing!!!!!!!!

mazex
01-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Mother of all wows ;)

E69_vencejo
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I think, if you simulate pilots movenment, tanks, cars. trucks, artillery, AAA, with excelent detail, can you simulate 3D good pin ups near aircraft while engine starup?
You could assign a key for external view dedicated for the pin up only will be a great helpfully while reach engine temperature.

Relax, new option may be at second or next patch. No problem, we can wait.

Sorry for joke, but it is due to excelent excelent excelent graphics quality.

96th_Nightshifter
01-30-2010, 12:18 AM
:(

I can't even see the animation since I am at work; from the responses in this thread though I can't help but get excited!

rakinroll
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Man, thank you. S!

GF_Mastiff
01-30-2010, 01:12 AM

JVM

This is awesome; I'm now trained to jump out or roll out or slide out of a plane. lol
No PE2's were lost during this training film. I wounder what happen to the guy that had the faulty chute?
lol the political officer was last lol.

Romanator21
01-30-2010, 08:55 AM
What was the procedure for saving the planes? It looks like everyone actually bails!

AdMan
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
First off - awesome video! Never seen anything like this in a flight sim before! I'm starting to feel a lot better about the landscape now. If it's on par with the animations we've seen, it'll be truly astounding.

This is SO encouraging! Opens up the possibility of a third party developer creating a 'euphoria' add-on to extend the base animations developed by Oleg's team. This add-on could start with these initial animations and then blend into euphoria based animations which react to the environment. For this bailout sequence, the pilot could climb out as normal and then be ripped off the plane by the wind, maybe bounce off the h stab, tumble towards the ground and if the pilot is still conscious, the chute could open at which point the animation switches back to Oleg's hand made animation.

Depending on the attitude and speed of the plane, the euphoria based animation could take over from the canned animations at different points of the sequence. In a dive, for instance, the pilot only gets to pulling himself up off the seat and then gets sucked out of the cockpit courtesy of euphoria.

I can't imagine this add-on being cheap due to licensing costs but I'd definitely get it!

Oleg, is something along these lines a possibility?

cheer!

I can just imagine the pilot getting pummeled in mid air by his tailspinning plane :o

kendo65
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/Undercarriage.jpg[/IMG]

Noticed on this picture that the rivets and panel lines are showing through the RAF roundel and letter codes.

Example of the in-game weathering effects?

csThor
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
AFAIR the texture application was drastically altered in the SoW engine. Basic colour coat, panel lines & rivets, markings and weathering are supposedly all on individual layers. Meaning the marking layer is positioned underneath the panel lines & rivets and the weathering stuff.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
In fact, the slowdown version looks more natural.
Also this is not emerg. bailout - rather a 'hey, I just returned from mission' ejection.

EDIT: IMHO

Robert
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
In fact, the slowdown version looks more natural.
Also this is not emerg. bailout - rather a 'hey, I just returned from mission' ejection.

I like how that sounds Casper.

Alien
01-30-2010, 04:11 PM
No. This is 'hey, I just returned from mission' ejection on too low altitude ;)

AdMan
01-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Also I don't think you could dart out of a moving plane so very quickly

its amazing how fast you can move when on fire

philip.ed
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Looks very nice so-far, but I agree it looks like someone climbing out of a cockpit to step onto the ground.

I'd think from footage I've seen the Pilot wouldn't have barely a second to stand on the wing before plummeting off. Early footage I know, but next it would be great to see some wind effects buffeting the pilot and the Parachute buffeted around too?

Lastly, if there is a chance, could we see the First Person POV next-time as it would be brilliant to see the pilot climb in First Person, from the cockpit and then tumble away from the aircraft.

Really looking good, cheers, MP.

+1. But it'd be comlicated. For one he'd have to be seen pulling out his wiring loom and oxygen tube plugs, or gust generally ditching his helmet all together. As I said before I have a load of info on the relevant kit and how it should look. Oleg has my e-mail :D

SlipBall
01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I think what is important about the brief vid is the quality. Certainly among the best animation that I have seen in a game. Remember that its WIP, and I believe anything is possible in the finished product.

Robert
01-31-2010, 04:26 AM
No. This is 'hey, I just returned from mission' ejection on too low altitude ;)

From the winky I think you got the same impression I did form Casper's comment.

IOW, He'd not have mentioned 'Also this is not emerg. bailout - rather a 'hey, I just returned from mission' ejection' if there are not other pilot animations showing a pilot bailing/exiting the craft.

AdMan
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
it's a ghost pilot so in first person view you wouldn't see the pilot doing anything

also I'm not sure if why people are suggesting this isn't emergency bailout, it clearly says "arrrrggghhhh!"

AndyJWest
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Is it an emergency bailout? Don't know. Don't care particulatly either. This is work in progress. It shows what SoW:BoB will be capable of. That is good enough for me.

Sir-Loopalot
01-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Dear Oleg

Great work, I´m realy looking forward to BOB

My Question:

Is the possibility of a german trainer aircraft dead now? Like a Bücker Jungmeister, or a Fw44 Stieglitz.
The reason why i ask this: I like aerobatics, and in my eyes an fully aerobatic biplane is the only thing missing in the whole Il2 series.

I know there will be a Tiger Moth and a Suchoi in the game, but again, there will be no biplane with inverted flight capability. That makes me sad :-)

Or is there any hope for me?

Best regards

Loop

McHilt
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
That's great!
I agree with the statement that the slow motion version is more realistic though
but... great indeed.
Thanks for the update.

AdMan
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
update?

Runar
02-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes please.