PDA

View Full Version : Detailed force feedback settings in SoW?

jermin
01-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Since the control software for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is no longer supported in vista and win 7, I hope Oleg will integrate detailed force feedback settings in the game GUI, such as feedback force strength adjustment and return-to-center tension strength adjustment.

The default feedback force in IL2 is way too big in my opinion.

Azimech
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I hope the Sidewinder FF2 will be supported, that's enough for me. I'll fly using XP otherwise. My stick is 9 years old and still fantastic.

KG26_Alpha
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Since the control software for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is no longer supported in vista and win 7, I hope Oleg will integrate detailed force feedback settings in the game GUI, such as feedback force strength adjustment and return-to-center tension strength adjustment.

The default feedback force in IL2 is way too big in my opinion.

Have you tried installing the MSFFB2 software in safe mode ?

MikkOwl
01-27-2010, 02:14 PM
You can use the Microsoft "Force Editor" to edit the force feedback in IL-2 directly, which should work no matter what drivers you have.

The files are in the FORCE FEEDBACK folder in IL-2, and they are all called ".ffe" at the end.

Download the editor (google is your friend) and open the effect file that you think is too strong. Edit the effect and lower the max saturation for all directions, then save.

Spring.ffe is the resistance from moving the stick from center, gets higher the faster you are traveling.

KG26_Alpha
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Cant find the program you mention MikKowl.

But "IL2 Joy Control" is useful for changing .ffe files

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

MikkOwl
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM

But "IL2 Joy Control" is useful for changing .ffe files

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

The IL2 Joy Control can only edit input settings for controllers for IL2, nothing to do with force feedback or force feedback files. (Speaking of which, the IL-2 controllers are bugged, if one uses any kind of sensivity less than 100% near the center of the controller, it will auto-offset to the left, and if pitch, also upwards. Not much, just a little, but enough to be noticed sometimes. Thus I must fly with all my controllers at 100% sensitivity, tweaking them outside IL-2 instead).

The "Force Editor" is included in this download:
http://www.vourtsis.com/sindarin/DLLS/download.php?id=5

TheGrunch
01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I think you can find it in the March 2005 DirectX SDK as well.

KG26_Alpha
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
hmm your right I just downloaded and checked it again

Sorry about that.

Will try the link you provided as the google search showed nothing reliable :)

I must have used the SDK Dx9 kit some where in the past many operating systems and hard drives ago :)

Edit:

Ah his is the SIN program he made a load of other bitz and bobs but I though this was now an unsupported dll ?

MikkOwl
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Ahh your right [...]
Ah his is the SIN program he made a load of other bitz and bobs but I though this was now an unsupported dll ?

"My right"? ;) "Your" means "that which belongs to you" only, nothing else.

The sin stuff is irellevant to this. The package contains the real original Microsoft Force Editor, and that's the only thing you want from it. Any 'unsupported DLL' is not related to the Force Editor, being just an included extra tool.

Eldur
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Download Force Editor (http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/downloader.php?file=ForceFeedbackEditor.zip) (hosted on AAA)

I got the best results by just removing every file except shake.ffe and spring.ffe BTW. Still have gun shake, but not as strong, still noticable though. The only effect that's really gone is the bomb drop back kick. And I hated that one very much.

Just try out a bit.

KG26_Alpha
01-27-2010, 08:21 PM
"My right"? ;) "Your" means "that which belongs to you" only, nothing else.

Erm yea ok whatever. :confused:

Thanks Eldur for the link.

jermin
01-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I've tried that Force Editor. But I couldn't save the change, either in XP or Vista. When I open the ffe file after editing, the data is changed from what I have entered. Maybe it has something to do with my OS language, which is Chinese.

mugen
01-28-2010, 09:19 AM
http://vimeo.com/1028164

;) mugen

tagTaken2
01-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Have you tried installing the MSFFB2 software in safe mode ?

My understanding is that this is required for XP > SP 2, but doesn't work for Vista or Win 7. Love to know if it does, though.
I was contemplating going to Win 7 for Black Shark (multiple core support), and the controller setup is great for that game, allows key + HatSwitch press for example, but wondering if my other hardware may not be supported.