PDA

View Full Version : Does no-one play for fun?

Maskerade
01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I see lots of threads about "how best too..." and the like, but I seem to be in the minority.

I've just got the game, have deliberately stayed away from everything that gives tips etc. Installed a few mods (Camera and tool tips) and thats all.

I want to explore the world and be surprised and loose a few fights :grin:

Greatly surprised by how much I'm enjoying the game and NOT trying to "power" my way through.

Am I alone in this !:confused:

P.S I'll be back in a month or so when I've finished it, for all the "power" tips :grin::grin:

joasoz
01-26-2010, 12:53 PM
If you look at my "How do you play" post, you will see that people doing "powerplay" (no loss and quickest possible++) are doing this because they have played many times before and need a challenge. When you have finished you might give yourself a special challenge too :)

I will try to beat the game on impossible Warrior next time.

Maskerade
01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
....are doing this because they have played many times before and need a challenge. When you have finished you might give yourself a special challenge too :)

:grin: Hence the last line in my post :grin:

loreangelicus
01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome to King's Bounty Maskerade!

It should be noted that this game is a sequel to King's Bounty the Legend, so those people that have played KBTL (usually) don't even bother playing KBAP in easy or normal mode. For some of the real experts of the game, playing on impossible is sometimes not enough of a challenge by itself, so they add more goals/constraints in their games.

But everyone is free to play the game as they please, and I'm sure having fun is the whole point of it all. :) So don't be bothered by the games the veterans are playing, I'm sure once you've played the game a bit more you'll be counted among them soon enough. :)

DGDobrev
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, it depends on how "fun" is defined. Some people like to play just like that. Others need something to look forward to while playing. But in the end, it's what makes YOU happy :)

Nihilius
01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I will try to beat the game on impossible Warrior next time.

I havent finished the game a single time and i started with impossible warrior, quite a massacre there, but i enjoy it and i try to move along, im having fun that way :)

Zechnophobe
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Note that I played and did 'whatever' for pretty much all my runs.
I did just complete a No-Loss run... but it was literally my 5th COMPLETE run through of the game. There are a lot of run throughs that I didn't even finish!

TemjinGold
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Playing with the absolute hardest parameters IS what I consider fun! I've done that with every game I've played to the point where letting up on the difficulty in any game makes me bored. In fact, I actively hunt out games that people claim are "way too hard."

lauvhk
01-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Sounds like everyone is having fun.

That's the spirit!

Maskerade
01-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Sounds like everyone is having fun.

That's the spirit!

Indeed :grin::grin:

The giddy heights of level 8 now :rolleyes:
And my sword has "terrible" morale :-x

Urbz
01-27-2010, 08:48 AM
I see lots of threads about "how best too..." and the like, but I seem to be in the minority.

I've just got the game, have deliberately stayed away from everything that gives tips etc. Installed a few mods (Camera and tool tips) and thats all.

I want to explore the world and be surprised and loose a few fights :grin:

Greatly surprised by how much I'm enjoying the game and NOT trying to "power" my way through.

Am I alone in this !:confused:

P.S I'll be back in a month or so when I've finished it, for all the "power" tips :grin::grin:

Hi, indeed for your very first playthrough it's definately the best experience if you play the way you do. I personally spoiled it for myself at first ( mainly due to the use of map guards kiting ) but then I restarted and played through the game on normal first, much like you did. I wish i had done this right away but alas.
Anyhow goodluck and have fun! :grin: