PDA

View Full Version : Need help with getting enemies to stay in vehicles.

colletorww2
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Whenever i try to move the crew into the tank, they just get out again when i try to change the team. Please Help Me!!!

SpeedWolf
01-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Whenever i try to move the crew into the tank, they just get out again when i try to change the team. Please Help Me!!!

you have to do the same whit the tank if not there will always get out first setup the tank on the team you want and set the crew on the same team.

colletorww2
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
you have to do the same whit the tank if not there will always get out first setup the tank on the team you want and set the crew on the same team.

You don't think i have done that? But when i change the team on the tank, they just get out. And if i change the team of the crew, they won't move into the tank.

SpeedWolf
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
You don't think i have done that? But when i change the team on the tank, they just get out. And if i change the team of the crew, they won't move into the tank.

you know that they will do that so why you want to set them in the tank and change team color when there are in the tank?

the crew also will have to be setup as the same color team is why they get out of the tank because you change the tank team color but the crew inside did not so you have to set them again.

think about it
one - set the tank team color
two - set the crew team color
that how people do it.

you are the only one i know who want to change the team color when they are already inside the tank.

as far as i know that is the only way you can do it not the way you want to do it.

maybe someone know but i don't think you can.

colletorww2
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
you know that they will do that so why you want to set them in the tank and change team color when there are in the tank?

the crew also will have to be setup as the same color team is why they get out of the tank because you change the tank team color but the crew inside did not so you have to set them again.

think about it
that how people do it.

you are the only one i know who want to change the team color when they are already inside the tank.

as far as i know that is the only way you can do it not the way you want to do it.

I mean, how do you turn the hostile?

SpeedWolf
01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I mean, how do you turn the hostile?

you mean how to make them FIGHT?

colletorww2
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
you mean how to make them FIGHT?

Ya, i want to spawn a sherman(Which i control) and a Panzer IV(Which is supposed to try to fight me!

SpeedWolf
01-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Ya, i want to spawn a sherman(Which i control) and a Panzer IV(Which is supposed to try to fight me!

make your army and set them up like red army vs blue army and go to (F1)

then look down on your right and press (start)

and use the number pad from 1 to 9 to change what army you want to control you will see on top in your left side that the color change.

if you don't understand what i am saying i can upload a quick video so you can see what i do.

colletorww2
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks alot, that helped.

djhz2001
05-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Hello,

I am having a similar problem, but my question is probably more basic. I am editing the single player mission campaigns, and I would like, for instance, to give the enemy a tank. When I added tanks and other things to my team, I only created the tank, the crew, pressed F1 and manually made the crew go inside the tank. However, I can not do that with enemy players because I can not move them while I am in the F1 option. Therefore, my question is: how can I make a tank for an enemy, including its crew inside the tank?

I recall reading somewhere that there was an option for editing enemy units and tanks, etc, but I have searched all over, and I have not found anything. Thank you for your help in advance.

Gary_P
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM

think about it
that how people do it.

Do you have to change the team colors of the vehicles? I haven't and they worked with no problems.

djhz2001
05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Hello,

I have no problem putting humans in tanks if they are in my team because I only press F1, and then I make them go inside the tank. However, if I want an enemy team to go inside the tank, I can not do it in the gameplay mode of the editor (on F1) because when I roll the mouse over those enemy units, an X appears, just as when you play the game and try to select an enemy unit. In other words, I have no clue as to how to manipulate enemy units on the editor so that they will go inside a tank and still belong to the same enemy team. So my question is: how do you make it so that you can create a tank with its crew inside for an enemy team? I hope that is a little bit more clear than my previous post. Thank you for your help in advance.

SpeedWolf
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
See if this video help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ZJC8CULps

djhz2001
05-13-2011, 11:03 AM
It did help me. Thank you.

wert6751
06-22-2011, 06:57 AM
thanks it works!!!:grin:

wert6751
06-22-2011, 07:03 AM
relax,just do what i do like??? ok first change the tank then when they are in or nearly in go to the tank dectripstion double clik and poof!!!!!!!!!! its easy:o

cronic2000
06-25-2011, 11:53 AM
The best way to get unitsto "stay" in the vehicle is to change your team colour to do this you use the numpad numbers "0" is gray team and so on.So you set up your team then change to which ever team they are and place the units this should fix whatever issues you's have.

CMDR Sweeper
06-29-2011, 04:27 AM
This is the simple task, an empty tank it doesn't matter what team you set it to, so pick your favourite color or leave it to default.
Now as for the crew, set them to the team you want and then go to F1 mode.
You may not have control over them right now but that is an easy fix, you are the one who have to change sides and be the traitor.

To do that, hit the keys from 0-9 on the NUMPAD, these do correspond to the player number you set earlier on so that is an easy fix and after that order them in the tank.
Now if the empty tank / vehicle had a different team, it doesn't matter, because now it will automatically change team to reflect its occupants.

Tigerium
07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello,

I am having a similar problem, but my question is probably more basic. I am editing the single player mission campaigns, and I would like, for instance, to give the enemy a tank. When I added tanks and other things to my team, I only created the tank, the crew, pressed F1 and manually made the crew go inside the tank. However, I can not do that with enemy players because I can not move them while I am in the F1 option. Therefore, my question is: how can I make a tank for an enemy, including its crew inside the tank?

I recall reading somewhere that there was an option for editing enemy units and tanks, etc, but I have searched all over, and I have not found anything. Thank you for your help in advance.

You place a tank with its crew [3 to 5 men depending on what type of tank it is] on "F3" mode . You set your crew a player color , for example , Player 1 ( Red ) . Then you go on F1 mode and press on the numpad the number "1" , then you will control all Player 1 Forces . So all you have to do is to take your crew and order them to get inside the tank . Same thing if you want to make 2 tanks fighting at each other ...

You spawn 2 tanks , both with its crew on F3 mode . You select one of the crew and go on their properties and select "Player 1" , for the other crew you do the same thing but you select "Player 2" . You go on F1 mode and you press "1" on the numpad to command Player 1 forces and "2" on the numpad to command Player 2 forces etc...

*NOTE : Before you press START , make sure you SAVE your map on F2 mode and your mission on F3 mode . If you don't , once you will click "FINISH" , everything that you will not have saved [Including units] will disappear . It happenned to me so I prefer noticing you before you do the same error ;)

Hope that helped but SpeedWolf's videos are much more useful , you should listen on his tutorials since it's from him that I learned most of the things I know :D !
Tigerium .