PDA

View Full Version : How SoW can be a blockbuster: new ideas for a success story

Insuber
01-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I know that everyone is excited by the new video, but there is a new topic, which I’m sure nobody else raised it yet. It is nevertheless crucial for the future of many of us.

I’m convinced that the real selling point to make SoW a blockbuster would be the conquest of our ladies. Wives and girlfriends are the biggest obstacle to a much wider diffusion of flight simulations. Women are generally jealous of the time we spend with our flight gear; quite often they don’t understand a damn of the whole thing, and above all they hate the engine and gun noises.
Here are some preliminary ideas to sex-up SoW for our darlings and covert them from enemies to allies, and ultimately to sponsors:

 - Add a second mirror to the cockpit, pointing inwards
 - Suppress the headphones (useless, microphone is enough)
 - Improve chat for AI (add standard messages re. children, shopping, gardening)
 - A cell phone and a beauty case in the cockpit
 - Bumpers and radar assisted parking
 - Silencers on the machine guns

My wife volunteers to beta-test the game, of course.

Come on fellows, let's pour in new ideas, Oleg needs our contribution!

Regards,
Ins

Flanker35M
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
S!

Pink thongs and a beauty kit to Spitfire pilots, Worker's Medal to Hurricane pilots, Balls of Steel protection gear to bomber pilots, leather jackets with squad insignia to Bf109 pilots :D

csThor
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
... leather jackets with squad insignia to Bf109 pilots :D

Squad insignia? Got that covered. ;)

http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/II_JG3.pnghttp://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/5JG51.png http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/1JG26.png

http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/IJG27.png http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/IIJG27.png http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/IIIJG27.png

;)

Avimimus
01-25-2010, 07:42 PM
My own recommendation would be to have a training mode that would start the player almost in a firing position on an enemy aircraft. The situation would reset if the player got too far away (ie. they would be placed in a firing position again). That way new players could develop their marksmanship quickly (as they would be guarantee several runs in one "mission").

Birdflu
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
:):)
That will Please my wife

:grin::grin:

nearmiss
01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
If SOW releases around Thanksgiving or Christmas why not have a grocery coupon with each purchase of BOB SOW for a free turkey.
That would please my wife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNeSUlR8ZI

Skoshi Tiger
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
The only thing that would please my wife would be a recorded message that plays every 5 seconds saying "Get off that computer! You've been there long enough! What are the kid's doing?"

Oh god! She is comming! must get off before .....

airmalik
01-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Wives and girlfriends are the biggest obstacle to a much wider diffusion of flight simulations.

LOL! classic!

Viking
01-26-2010, 07:37 AM
I believe an all white interior, seats in white leather, white instrument panel etc. and some nice flowery curtains would do the job.
-Viking shudders!-

Regards

Viking

Tree_UK
01-26-2010, 08:39 AM
The best way to satisfy your partner is to simply make out that your not enjoying yourself, If your partner thinks that you get pleasure out of doing something that doesn't involve her then your in big trouble.
Take your partner out for a romantic meal and tell her late in the evening that it has always been your dream to fly her to a deserted Caribean Island, just you and her with the sun and the sand, hold her hand and look into her eyes as your saying it. The next day make her breakfast and then say to her with a 'sigh' that you really ought to do a bit of flying practice today on the computer. When she protests be sympathetic but say " look its either this or real flying lessons".

Tree_UK
01-26-2010, 08:43 AM
She left me last year........

genbrien
01-26-2010, 10:50 AM

note to myself.....

DONT follow Tree's advices with female :grin:

Insuber
01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Excellent plan! Except that in the end I would be sympathetic but say " look its both this *and* real flying lessons" ... LOL!

The best way to satisfy your partner is to simply make out that your not enjoying yourself, If your partner thinks that you get pleasure out of doing something that doesn't involve her then your in big trouble.
Take your partner out for a romantic meal and tell her late in the evening that it has always been your dream to fly her to a deserted Caribean Island, just you and her with the sun and the sand, hold her hand and look into her eyes as your saying it. The next day make her breakfast and then say to her with a 'sigh' that you really ought to do a bit of flying practice today on the computer. When she protests be sympathetic but say " look its either this or real flying lessons".

SlipBall
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Just let the ladies know that Feathered IV's game play idea's are in the sim...if you say it fast enough, she will think that you said fore play ideas

nearmiss
01-26-2010, 11:24 PM

Good arguments of course...

You can never fully buy your way out of anything with a woman. They are savers and collectors of transgressions and low life thoughts they have about men.

zakkandrachoff
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi,

I know that everyone is excited by the new video, but there is a new topic, which I’m sure nobody else raised it yet. It is nevertheless crucial for the future of many of us.

I’m convinced that the real selling point to make SoW a blockbuster would be the conquest of our ladies. Wives and girlfriends are the biggest obstacle to a much wider diffusion of flight simulations. Women are generally jealous of the time we spend with our flight gear; quite often they don’t understand a damn of the whole thing, and above all they hate the engine and gun noises.
Here are some preliminary ideas to sex-up SoW for our darlings and covert them from enemies to allies, and ultimately to sponsors:

 - Add a second mirror to the cockpit, pointing inwards
 - Suppress the headphones (useless, microphone is enough)
 - Improve chat for AI (add standard messages re. children, shopping, gardening)
 - A cell phone and a beauty case in the cockpit
 - Bumpers and radar assisted parking
 - Silencers on the machine guns

My wife volunteers to beta-test the game, of course.

Come on fellows, let's pour in new ideas, Oleg needs our contribution!

Regards,
Ins

Wife, girlfriend? what?
that is the past, my friend.
I catch the little girl. Cinema, drink, motel, drink again, and go to your F##### home! anyone girl can't touch my computer, my private life or what to do whit my money and life (except if she have 2 millons u$s:rolleyes:)
Oleg, don't listen to what this guy say

nearmiss
01-26-2010, 11:32 PM

Lucky man! you are.

You're in good company

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZpN5naj74

Fossil-Goz
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
The only thing that would please my wife would be a recorded message that plays every 5 seconds saying "Get off that computer! You've been there long enough! What are the kid's doing?"

Oh god! She is comming! must get off before .....

Oh god I know that routine. The Daughter has taken to trialing it on her younger Brother. What any more proof of genetic imprinting :)