PDA

View Full Version : What level for Reha Arena of Death?

dougrob173
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm at level 47 now and having a hard time with this battle. I can win, but I lose a ton of troops which doesn't work for me. I guess I can come back to this battle later when I have more troops, but I've already cleared most of the quests and think I'm nearing the end of the game. Or maybe I should just recruit a bunch of fodder troops I don't care about and win it that way? Thanks.

Zechnophobe
01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Are you talking about the two battles with hero's at the top of the Reha area, or Kt'ahu, the giant lizard you face?

The first ones shouldn't require much more than level 45, the later is a difficult challenge at any level.

dougrob173
01-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I meant the first 2 battles. For most battles, I resurrect all my units during the last rounds of combat except the main tank (usually red dragons), and then have the red dragons all resurrected with my Paladin hero skill. The problem is the 2 battles right after each other don't let me resurrect in between.

I just bought a bunch of throw away units for the battle last night, same thing I did for for the enemy hero's that keep casting armageddon. Buy a new army, set to auto combat and go make a sandwich =)

Zechnophobe
01-22-2010, 05:22 PM
You don't have to fight them consequetively, you can say that you aren't ready for the second battle after fighting the first. If you need more mana, or to chug a rage potion, this works fine.

N3MES1S
01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I encountered more difficult the first battle than the second one. Paladin on hard difficulty, but i found a perfect army and i almost never lose a troop (almost pure humans, royal griffins, paladins, inquisitors, archmages and guardsmen, horsemen instead works well too). With mage this game turns a bit hard, but with paladin/warrior is almost too easy. The most important thing if u are a paladin or warrior is to raise your def and atk. I just get all my troops next to the paladins (i dont use dragons cuz i cant resurect em) or i use teleport on paladins to kill 2/3 enemy troops on the first turn. Then i teleport em back to the army group. I use resurrect and inquisitors to refill the troops (resurrect level 3) and i use paladins res at the end. I also have the resurrect skill that gives me back the rest of the fallen buddies -.-

DGDobrev
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
There is another cheesy way. Since the enemy stacks are huge, all you need is one high-initiative unit, 1 tank with 30% phys resistance, gorguanas, target spell and ball of lightning maxed.

Turn 1. If you're playing Paladin or Warrior, use Target on the Tank straight away. Gorguanas cast Mark of Blood on the biggest stack and the pet summons a ball of lightning. With any luck, over 80% of the troop will be gone just like that. If you're a mage, target + stone skin on the first turn.
Turn 2. Cast Stone Skin on the tank. 1 or 2 charges left on the target spell. If you're a mage, flaming arrow on the biggest stack (so that the post effect can diminish their size) and lvl 1 phantom on the gorguanas.
Turn 3. If you have 2 charges left on the target spell, cast lvl 1 phantom on the gorguanas. If you have 1, you're hard pressed to recast it and slap another ball of lightning. As a mage, use mark of blood on another big stack and use ball of lightning again. Spells - target if needed and another flaming arrow to get another troop burning.

At this point, all you need to do is rinse and repeat :) Ball of Lightning + Mark of Blood from the Gorguanas make the big stacks die faster than lvl 1 units.

ivra
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
I used a similar tactic. Since I did not have Gorguanas in my stack I used Ball of Lightning + Awaken Dragon + Ball of Lightning the first turn. Next turn I used Awaken Dragon + Ball of Lightning. This was very effective on Impossible stacks. If I fought dragons I used Ball of Lightning + Awaken Dragon + Fiery Phantoms. I played as a warrior and it is no problem to have more than 100 in Rage. I made sure my rage was maxed before taking on dragons.

Zechnophobe
01-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Arena of death were two almost identical combats for my Paladin. First turn target my bone dragons. They wait until end of turn when all bad guys are around them, and then use their poison AoE attack. Bam, massive damage to 6 stacks. Turn two I time back the dragons at the beginning of the turn (Back to same spot they started in... in the middle of most enemy stacks) and poison blast again.

Whooped on them something fierce. Do it a little different against brontor/tirex army though. Tactics is a huge help in setting something like this up.