PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Room Rewards Missing

Chancellor23
01-18-2010, 05:31 PM
When I started Chapter 6, Mole Underground, I discovered that some of the rewards I earned in the Challenge Rooms were missing. Is this normal after getting the ShadowHand?

Basically, all of my left-hand rewards are gone: the shovel, the bayonet, and the left-hand pistol. The 1 Key only cycles through ShadowHand modes only.

Mostly, I'm finding ammo for the Vampire Weapons and not for the traditional weapons, such as the shotgun and grenade launcher. It looks like the game is switching from standard weapons to a different set, i.e., the vampire guns.

Is that correct? If so, it looks like putting off the Challenge Rooms could be a mistake because if you do the earlier Challenge Rooms after you reach Chapter 6, you won't get the benefits because you already have the ShadowHand.

AncientMariner
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
You are correct, Chancellor. Once you go underground, the Shadowhand Claw takes over as your only melee weapon plus your Shadowhand spells, of course. As I remember, there is no "human" ammo in the Vampire World, even when you find human survivors. Consequently, going back to do the early Challenge Rooms becomes a bit of fun rather than useful. You get maximum benefit if you do them as they become available.

I was very happy with the Vampire weapons, though I did hoard rifle ammo so I had a scoped weapon in my armourey. This can be useful if you're not much of a run'n'gunner like me :). I missed my beloved Shovel at first but the Claw soon replaced it in my affections :grin:

I hope you still enjoy the game and good luck with "Serious Uncle Sam" ;)

Cheers

Greybeard

Chancellor23
01-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks AncientMariner.

That's what I figured. When I was working with Gniarf to resolve a previous install problem, I got a look at some of the future levels' LUA scripts and found a level-start function (or something) called "DontSaveWeapons". Included in those lists were items like the Colt, Luger, MK1, Bayonet, Dynamite, Grenade, etc. I figured the purpose of the list was to indicate which weapons would not be left behind for pickup. Since it doesn't look like there's any ammo for the standard weapons, why allow the player to pick up a standard weapon?

I miss the bayonet. But now I've got a different type of slashing weapon.