PDA

View Full Version : two mods at the same time

pztQuaresma
01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
greetings! I love playing some of the mods. My problem is that I would like to use units from two diffrent mods. Is it possible to do that. the mods that i'm talking about are All Units unlocked v.2.0, units add on v.1.3, and red tide mod.

pls help! much obliged!

redguards
08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
please don't do it!!!!! i tried it with GSM and croms pack. you get error code 259.

Zeke Wolff
08-09-2010, 10:45 AM
It is possbile to use 2 mods at the same time, unless they consist of old files that doesnt work with the current version of the game (for example if you are running v1.17.5 of the game and then add a mod which were made for v1.11.3 of the game, the game will most likely crash/terminate).

Then you´ve another problem as well - both mods might have changed the same files but to different settings, and then when you try, as an example, to fire a gun in the editor, the game will terminate.

The best way to get all units you want to use, is to copy one unit after another from the 2nd mod into the 1st one, and of course, also copy all the other necessary files to get the unit to work properly with the 1st mod.

If you do it properly, you´ll be able to play with the units from the 2nd mod when you have the 1st mod activated.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-09-2010, 06:31 PM
It is possbile to use 2 mods at the same time, unless they consist of old files that doesnt work with the current version of the game (for example if you are running v1.17.5 of the game and then add a mod which were made for v1.11.3 of the game, the game will most likely crash/terminate).

Then you´ve another problem as well - both mods might have changed the same files but to different settings, and then when you try, as an example, to fire a gun in the editor, the game will terminate.

The best way to get all units you want to use, is to copy one unit after another from the 2nd mod into the 1st one, and of course, also copy all the other necessary files to get the unit to work properly with the 1st mod.

If you do it properly, you´ll be able to play with the units from the 2nd mod when you have the 1st mod activated.

~Zeke.

yes me also use GSM sound into my DCG mod the mg42 realistic sounds burst... but vehicle skin from GSM cant use for DCG it will crash... mayb i try to do it again other way...