PDA

View Full Version : Moving Welder, final Soviet Mission

scott291
01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
This is regarding the finall soviet mission; I've wiped out the German defenses and am basically holding off the last attackers while I'm trying to pick up the welder.

I've read the previous posts on this and have taken everyone's advice.

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to have any of my men select, pick up or move the welding unit.

I even captured one of the German tanks and tried to push it!

I'd appreciate some help. :)

KnightFandragon
01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
IDK if accidently shooting it sometime in the mission breaks it and you cant use it but you just treat it as you would when entering a vehicle. First get Alexey...it has to be Alexey near it then you should get that enter vehicle thing...he gets on it. Then you Direct control him, go to the Sub and then get out of DC. Get him off the welder then hover over the porthole and you should get that padlock icon and it should work.....if not then idk

Korsakov829
01-20-2010, 03:05 AM
Move the welder like a artillery piece.

scott291
01-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks for your interest / assistance. :grin:

When I've selected Alexey, and place the cursor over the welder, all I get is a target reticle, as if the welder were an enemy unit.

Then I sniped the German who's using the welder; I get the eyeball indicator for the dead soldier (as expected), but Alexey still gets the target reticle over the welder, instead of the "boarding" symbol that you get when manning a gun or entering a vehicle.

I know the welder's not damaged, since I just shot the soldier who was using it.

:confused:

scott291
01-20-2010, 06:55 AM
I've played this portion of the scenario several times now; no matter what I do (being careful not to damage the welder while taking out the armored car and soldier using the welder), neither Alexey nor any of my troops can access the welder.

Very weird / frustrating. :-x

Lucasa.miller
01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I need help here as well. I can tow the undamaged welder to the sub, but how do I use it? When I have it equipped and standing on the sub the only icon I get is to attack the sub with the welder. When I press the button the guy just puts it down.

Please help...

Korsakov829
01-28-2010, 02:40 AM
I need help here as well. I can tow the undamaged welder to the sub, but how do I use it? When I have it equipped and standing on the sub the only icon I get is to attack the sub with the welder. When I press the button the guy just puts it down.

Please help...

Set the welder down by the hatch on the sub. Dismount and start welding.

Rockn-Roll
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
scott291: I just bought MoW and am on this mission as well. Certainly, you have moved along, but in case someone does a search for help on the welder I'll share what I figured out. MoW is a sequencially scripted game...you must complete the tasks in a specific order. In this mission you must clear out all the submarine guards before the game will give you access to the welder.

After you get access to the welder it still won't move until you click the action button on the far right to change its stance from firing to towing. Also, you must set the welder down near the forward hatch (the one closest inland)...the hatch closest to the sea won't work.

Additionally, after the hatch is blown, Alexay will automatically enter the sub. On Normal difficulty the germans will send in like 30 soldiers, 2 tanks, and a half-track. I was down to just two men when this happened...impossible odds. I wouldn't try this section with less than 5 men...and make sure you have several AT and AP nades each cause you can't get to the gate switch without taking out those tanks.