PDA

View Full Version : Bull Creek RAAF Museum

Chiz
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

I just wanted to share some photos from a recent trip to the RAAF museum in Bull Creek, Perth, Western Australia. There are a couple of WWII airframes in the museum which might be of interest to IL2 fans, including an Arvo Lancaster (my favourite exhibit!), along with a Catalina, C-47, and a late model Spit, among others. The engine displays were excellent also, another highlight for me. Hope you enjoy!

Photo album can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46508605@N06/sets/72157623194762574/

Regards,

Chiz

MODS: Sorry if this belongs in the chat forum, but I thought it would be of interest here

Igo kyu
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Very nice collection.

Some engines there that look interesting, and always great to see medals and their awards.

Very annoying though when they cram them all the aircraft in there so tight, same at Duxford they have too much stuff in such a small space.

I'll dig out my Duxford pics if your interested :)
I'm interested, the thread title could do with mentioning museums/airshows rather than particular events, was that really a german corsair on the ground? or did the USA get sides confused in the Pacific?

biltongbru
01-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I love the Lanc!
Great pics..thanks:grin::)

Fossil-Goz
01-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Chiz,

Thanks for that. I remember visiting this museum many years ago. Spent most of the day there and got quite friendly with some of the staff. Almost got to go inside the Lanc after explaining that my father is a 36 mission Lanc vet (Aussie flying for the NZ airforce in 75 Sqdn) Unfortunately some senior staff member showed up and that put an end to the internal visit of the Lanc.

From memory the Lanc was an ex french maritime unit hence the twin MG's in the tail turrent rather than the traditional (and ineffective) quad .303's

Goz

KG26_Alpha
01-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Removed my link

Better to keep the thread to OP's intentions.

Soz