PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Slayer sword's morale is 100%... what's it doing for me?

jpinard
01-12-2010, 04:59 AM
There are plenty of items which have morale, but you can't "suppress" in the sense it can't be upgraded. So I have this dragon sword who's morale is at 100% and I can't figure out what that means.

Notes:

1. Does it affect troop morale when fighting dragons?
2. Does it mean I'll get a critical hit every time I hit a dragon?
3. Does it have other features or is it maybe just for fun?

DGDobrev
01-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Item morale is how long you can use a living item before it goes out of control. That happens when the morale of the item reaches 0% and it must be suppressed. When it goes out of control it stops giving bonuses.

For example, the Dragon slayer sword loses 4 morale after each battle and gains 9 morale after a battle with an enemy army that had dragons in it.

ivra
01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
A related question:

All items have a race. Does that have any effect on the item? I do not think that the race is used at all. For instance an item like Training Sword that you start with gives +1 Attack. It gives +1 Attack to the Amelie. This +1 Attack is added to all creatures no matter the race of the creature as far as I have noticed.

Only if the description explicitly states that the item works for only a particular race does an item seems to be limited to a race. So I have always just regarded the race of an item as flaviour.

Or does it have any affect that I am not aware of?

TemjinGold
01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
That's mostly for flavor. In KBTL, getting certain items to 100 would upgrade the item but that doesn't seem to happen here...

Zechnophobe
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I think that is only true of the Equalizer sword.

Note that the race of an item effects where it will show UP in the game. Dwarf items will show up at dwarf merchants, human ones at human merchants. THis is why you find a large % of the undead items in the game each play through... because there aren't many of them, but a fair number of undead merchants.

Also note that the KBAP info thread has information in it as to what effects the morale of most items.

lauvhk
01-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Apart from what Zech mentioned, the race feature on a particular item has a partial effect when it comes to suppression/upgrade where you will face a racial orientated army. Obviously this is not what all it takes into army generation.

Apart from the equilibirum sword, the pandemonic mask in KB:TL (-1 initiative to all enemy) can be transformed from the mask of hate when it reaches 100 morale.