PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if this technology is already being shared with 3rd party developers?

Mysticpuma
01-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I am hoping to see SoW this-year (I live in hope), but after seeing the quality of the modelling it makes me yearn to see late-war US Aircraft in polished metal skins flying in formation. P-47's and/or 51's with B-17/24's will be a must-have addition for me when/if they arrive.

I'm wondering if there is already movement to 3rd party developers to create new aircraft (with the limited amount on the initial release) so that maybe 6-12 months after release there could be additions (like the aces expansion was).

Just asking ;)

Cheers, MP.

KG26_Alpha
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Personally I hope we don't see what you want too quickly.

I would prefer to see it develop slowly as IL2 did but avoiding the usual market traps of P51 etc etc

There are too many theatres that IL2 missed due to the Pacific theatre voting that went on at UBI forums, hence we lost out on North Africa and Malta etc etc.

As third party developers get to grips with the next 1c title I'm sure there will be a push to develop late war theatres so the P series pilots can get in the air. I hope though that it develops slowly and don't just go for the usual planes that I'm sick to death of seeing dominate most flight sims.
More to the point of really creating the less popular aircraft that served in WW2 would be more interesting to me, the forgotten less popular work horses that did hours of combat service but most people have never heard of, the Scuda springs to mind !!

So let have a different out look in the new title and not go too quickly to your suggestions :)

Mysticpuma
01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Alpha, I see where you're coming from, but I would guess market forces would come into place here?

Basically a lot of time and money has gone into SoW dev. so-far, and if you want to rake some cash back in you create popular aircraft to get large sales?

I appreciate your POV, but I think the money-men will talk loudest?

Cheers, MP.

Igo kyu
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
the Scuda springs to mind !!
I don't remember hearing of anything by that name. I do know there are dozens of types not in IL*2, that's not one of the ones I'm aware of. Nearest name may be the Skua, early war British dive bomber/fighter, too slow to be useful.

As far as interesting but obscure campaigns go, I'd like to see a campaign of the British convoys to the USSR.

rakinroll
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Go Alpha go! +10

We do not want to see those P ufos anymore! And yes Africa, Malta much more interesting. :)

KG26_Alpha
01-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't remember hearing of anything by that name. I do know there are dozens of types not in IL*2, that's not one of the ones I'm aware of. Nearest name may be the Skua, early war British dive bomber/fighter, too slow to be useful.

As far as interesting but obscure campaigns go, I'd like to see a campaign of the British convoys to the USSR.

Excellent !!!

You spotted the Blackburn Skua from my deliberation and quibbling :)
&
Yes the Murmansk Map could do with going further north & west but I don't want to hijack the thread :)

MP

Remember the US market isn't from last sales records anywhere near as big as you may think, IIRC it was less than 25% of IL2 series sales!!

Also.

I hope it remains as esoteric as IL2 did for a few years.

)

tagTaken2
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Personally I hope we don't see what you want too quickly.

I would prefer to see it develop slowly as IL2 did but avoiding the usual market traps of P51 etc etc
:)

Given that hopefully a large amount of content can be created by third parties, hopefully it will be worth their while to create niche aircraft. But we would all like Oleg & co to get some money out of this, so why be snobbish about it?

Also, SoW: Korea will have F-51, but havetn't heard a peep about that for ages.

KG26_Alpha
01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm not being snobbish, quite the opposite.

I would rather see the developers go in a different direction than the usual, "every sim has" P series planes just to grab cash.

Personally I think if the sim initially went in a different direction it would be refreshing and less snobbish than going straight to aircraft in every single sim that's been done before.

I would like to see shiny P51's and B17's, but I would hope that 1c teams new creation would educate as has the IL2 series to more theatres of operations and aircraft.

AdMan
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I just hope when that time arrives American aircraft wont be nerfed again

13th Hsqn Protos
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Of course they will.
The whole beta team is luftwhiners ..... :rolleyes:

AdMan
01-11-2010, 09:51 PM
:mad::cry:

Oktoberfest
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, if the beta testers are luftwhiners, maybe they won't mix IAS and TAS for late war 109s... Hopefully you wont fly a Foxbat or a starfighter anymore... Fast but can't turn...

13th Hsqn Protos
01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
S~!

Yeah ..... your right .... lets have more K4 UFOs ...... :rolleyes:

_1SMV_Gitano
01-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I would like to see shiny P51's and B17's, but I would hope that 1c teams new creation would educate as has the IL2 series to more theatres of operations and aircraft.

+1

rakinroll
01-14-2010, 07:26 AM
I changed my mind. I want to much more P-51 too but only if it can do that maneuver like in video at 2:20! :grin: Not realistic? No, please do not say that History Channel lier! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCm5z2RpI8&feature=rec-r2-2r-3-HM