PDA

View Full Version : Stick Shake Problem?

jschlechty
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm having a problem with IL2 1946 that is puzzling me.

For some reason I'm getting some type of horizontal "stick shake?" or type of instability where it wiggles back and forth. I've tried adjusting the dead band, etc. but its still there.

I just re-downloaded and installed this game after a couple of years away from it. On my old computer (Win XP) it ran fine with none of these types of problems. On the new one (Win Vista) the only thing that has changed other than the OS is that now I'm using a CH Fighterstick along with my Saitek X45 throttle. The other flight sims that I use, are not experiencing this problem.

Is this something that is handled in the patches? Should the version that I just downloaded today already have the 4.8 and 4.9 patches installed? I'm not sure how or where to check if patches are needed for the version I downloaded.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I'd really very much appreciate them.
Thanks!

KG26_Alpha
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
The stick shakes or the aircraft ?

I dint think the CH fighter stick was Force feedback.

More info :)

Letum
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
What makes you think it's the game and not your joystick?

Flagrum_3
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I`m experiencing the same with 1946 and it is the stick shaking not the plane.I know it`s not my stick as I use it with other games and versions of IL-2 with no issues...I`ve updated to the latest drivers for my stick; Cyborg EVO, but have not updated the latest patches of the game.....So I ask the same question as the OP.

F_3

jschlechty
01-08-2010, 03:34 PM
What makes you think it's the game and not your joystick?

As I stated in the OP, the stick works fine in several other flight sims that I use - 1946 WAS the only one that manifested this problem.

Notice that I said "was". After I updated to the 4.09m patch yesterday, the shaking seems to have dissappeared. So Flagrum, I would suggest updating to the latest patch and see if that cures it for you as well. Good Luck sir!

Flagrum_3
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
As I stated in the OP, the stick works fine in several other flight sims that I use - 1946 WAS the only one that manifested this problem.

Notice that I said "was". After I updated to the 4.09m patch yesterday, the shaking seems to have dissappeared. So Flagrum, I would suggest updating to the latest patch and see if that cures it for you as well. Good Luck sir!

Thanks mang! :)

F_3