PDA

View Full Version : Voice acting

UberD
01-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Hello. I've been playing Men of War for a few days and I've found it quite enjoyable. Even for Easy mode, it can get very hard at certain points. But what I wanted to ask was: is anyone else annoyed by the terrible voice acting, particulary on the Soviet campaign?

I am currently on the soviet mission Chasing Shadows. When I got the medical supplies from the cabbin, one of my soldiers said "Let's get back to our wounded (or something in that direction). He pronounced "wounded" Wa-unded.

kane1
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Yea the voice acting is bad! I just turn down the voice volume.

KnightFandragon
01-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Lol, the voice acting is pretty bad, I find it more funny sounding then anything....Especially Borg and the rest of the German voice acting. The funniest voice acting is right in the first lvl where someone goes "The Germans put MGs right at the road" then "We've gotta do something about it, though its hard"...thats the funniest saying of them all

The one who was talking on that chasing shadows is Alexey....hes cool lolz

Hutzmann
01-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Its only the english version. The german actors version sounds really good.

KnightFandragon
01-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Is the German stuff better in the German version? In the version ive got my dad has bounced like 5 88mm shells from a Tiger I off my Cromwells, Churchills, Shermans.......he prolly couldnt kill my T29s and Pershings.....Why in almost every game is the 88mm dumbed down to almost worthless? THen to boot I took a single sherman 76 W and 1 shotted his Tiger from like 130m or w/e...1 shot dead. Yet that very tank he hit like 3 times. Then the weirdest thing of all is the 88mm has lower penetration then my 76mm, yeah right....88mm would go through 2 shermans and keep going...off topic but still.....

Korsakov829
01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
The game was made in Russian, if you don't play the Russian version of the game, the voices may have been translated by amature voice actors. I really don't know this is just a guess, I installed the English version.

Hutzmann
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
you are right

Gary_P
01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Is there any way to change these? Can a unit be scripted and use another voice?
I've searched for scripting and I'm finding nothing.