PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

agrash
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I've just started the game (mission 2) and i'm pretty much enjoying it like the previous one. The creators of hitman could definetly learn something from these games. :)

Its a bit hard to get everything started right again and how the game "works or feels" but i'm managing.

-Is it normal that the game looks alot more grey/brown/black or just way darker then its predecesor? The first one had more colour in it (like this screen: http://www.gamingtarget.com/images/media/games/PC/Death_to_Spies/002.jpg) while the first mission also features outdoor invirements and there the game doesn't look like the screen
Its not that gamebraking for me since the grafix are a bit dated but its sometimes hard to see which outfit is lying on the floor

My specs:
Vista home premium 32 bits
service pack 1
quad core q6600 @ 2ghz
ram: 2 gb
ati: hd 2600 pro

-^ i tried making some screenshots (fraps) but they came out like this:
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2zrgxae/6
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/25hmsu8/6
Not that it is a big deal or something for me since i've had that as wel with the first one, but is this normal?

-why does the game recommends you to play with a normal gun while there's a silencergun available. That just doesn't make sence imo and it really come's in handy if you have to clear a room full of guards or something.

-Like i said i'm now playing the second mission and your forced to wearing a backpack since you have to put something in it. I've played a bit and i've found out that its really usefull sometimes to put in other disguises or other various equipment but so far they've checked it twice for evidence and offcourse i was found out immediatly. In the first game i've never used it since it raised attention (i think) or somehow i never needed one. So my question is:
Can i play other missions with a backpack without having to stop at a guardcheckpoint every time to examine it or does that rarely happen?

-Suppose you have a another suit in your backpack and you want to change clothing. Do you really have to throw the clothers first on the ground, change & then put it back again or is there a quicker way?

-Again with the backpack: i've noticed that you can only put in 1 outfit at a time (or atleast in the second mission). Is this normal since i have still space left for other things or is this made just for the second mission since you need space for the mission objective that you need to pick up?

forlik
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Is it normal that the game looks alot more grey/brown/black or just way darker then its predecesor?
It's a feature of MoT.

i tried making some screenshots (fraps) but they came out like this
Use F11 to create a screenshot.

why does the game recommends you to play with a normal gun while there's a silencergun available.
Question for developers :)
You can choose weapon for your taste in the briefing.

Can i play other missions with a backpack without having to stop at a guardcheckpoint every time to examine it or does that rarely happen?
Yes, "guardcheckpoint every time" is a feature of U-boat base (mission#2).

Do you really have to throw the clothers first on the ground, change & then put it back again or is there a quicker way?
There are no quicker way.

Is this normal since i have still space left for other things or is this made just for the second mission since you need space for the mission objective that you need to pick up?
In the backpack you can store up to three objects, but only one clothes:
http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc800/th_29301_shad_04_01_2010_20-16-52_000_122_800lo.jpg (http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=29301_shad_04_01_2010_20-16-52_000_122_800lo.jpg)

agrash
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
It's a feature of MoT.
What do you mean with is a feature? So you can turn it off or something?
Strange, i checked the options & the setup but i didn't found something to turn this off

Yes, "guardcheckpoint every time" is a feature of U-boat base (mission#2).

Which is kinda annoying, but what i ment to say was if the next lvl's also have those annoying checkpoints? If not i can keep my backpack for the a change of clothes and I hate dropping a backpack someplace and to backtrack laterwards

one more:
-I understand if you throw a knife at someone you can't change into their clothes because of the bloodstains but why can you wear clothes if you shot someone?
-and also concerning the clothes: in the first lvl i killed someone gta style when driving over him but afterwards (when his body flew 20 meters away :o :cool:) i couldn't change into his clothes..? What has a couple of broken bone's have to do with unable to change clothes

Liz Shaw
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
What do you mean with is a feature? So you can turn it off or something?
Strange, i checked the options & the setup but i didn't found something to turn this off

forlik released a mod a while back that allows you to play missions from the original Death to Spies on Moment of Truth, as well as disabling the graphical post-effects (the feature you're talking about).

Also, the "HiStandart HDM" (which is incorrect by the way, it's actually called a "High Standard HDM") is a silenced handgun.

forlik
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
What do you mean with is a feature?
I mean graphical post-effects used for MoT missions.

So you can turn it off or something?
It's not easy to turn it on/off for the end-user. Try MoTmod ;)

but what i ment to say was if the next lvl's also have those annoying checkpoints?
As I remember, no. Mission#2 only.

forlik
01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Also, the "HiStandart HDM" (which is incorrect by the way, it's actually called a "High Standard HDM") is a silenced handgun.

Already corrected in MoTmod 1.01 ;)

Liz Shaw
01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
As I remember, no. Mission#2 only.

Actually, there's a frisk search in Mission 6 for some disguises.

Liz Shaw
01-05-2010, 02:09 AM
-I understand if you throw a knife at someone you can't change into their clothes because of the bloodstains but why can you wear clothes if you shot someone?

On Easy and Normal difficulties, it's possible to take clothes off enemies killed with both knives and guns, but only if you AIM FOR THE HEAD. MoT shows actual bloodstains on the body, so if you see any on their clothes, that means you can't take them. You can press F1 for help!

-and also concerning the clothes: in the first lvl i killed someone gta style when driving over him but afterwards (when his body flew 20 meters away :o :cool:) i couldn't change into his clothes..? What has a couple of broken bone's have to do with unable to change clothes

I don't think bloodstains show when hit by a vehicle, but maybe it's because it leaves bloodstains.

agrash
01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Coolio, i'll try out that mod :)
I don't know why they've suddenly changed it. Perhaps to shadow out the outdated grafics or something but if you ask me it looks fine the way it was like in the first one.

Hmm, its true that i'm playing on normal but i was sure i was throwing the knives at their heads, but the arc of flight probably did me in or something.

With the guns i also try and use as many headshots as possible but so i didn't encounter troubles with that. Though i have to mention i use the pianowire as much as possible allthough its kinda slow