PDA

View Full Version : No TBF Avenger missions?

generalkonev
01-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Relative newcomer to Sturmovik 1946, but I was puzzled by the lack of any TBF Avenger torpedo bombing missions in this sim. Are there any?

IceFire
01-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Relative newcomer to Sturmovik 1946, but I was puzzled by the lack of any TBF Avenger torpedo bombing missions in this sim. Are there any?

First you should ask yourself if the TBF Avenger is flyable. Because it isn't... so there aren't any missions to fly it with.

Long story but there was no cockpit finished for it unfortunately. Very cool aircraft but sadly no chance to really wring it out. It'd be quite a bit of fun.

mazex
01-04-2010, 08:04 AM
This is one of the forbidden subjects in all IL2 forums. You must never ever ask about the american torpedo bomber again, and for heavens sake don't mention the name of the company that created it without their written approval...

The legal problems between the manufacurer of the american torpedo bomber and Ubisoft / Maddox Games is probably one of the reasons that we don't have BoB today, and that Ubisoft and Maddox games don't dance any more (not that I'm that sad about this - even though Ubisoft are not that bad compared to most US major software publishers).

Do a search in the old Ubisoft forum for the name of the torpedo bomber or the manufacturer and you find tons of threads about this subject.

/Mazex