PDA

View Full Version : melee or Ranged?

trevisan
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
hi, im new on the game and im having some doubts hou to build my char.

i love ranged weapons, but so far i miss so much that it doesnt looks like a good investment (ammo + a lot of points for aiming...). so i want to know:

its better go for melee (non tecnical like swords or tecnical like chainsaws or cattle shoker?) or ranged ones (rifles and pistols ou machineguns?)

im really in doubt. and about the stats (intelect, strg, etc) its possible to use them to increase the weapon damage or only by passive skills?

ty in advance!

Parasite
01-02-2010, 06:31 PM
hi, im new on the game and im having some doubts hou to build my char.

i love ranged weapons, but so far i miss so much that it doesnt looks like a good investment (ammo + a lot of points for aiming...). so i want to know:

its better go for melee (non tecnical like swords or tecnical like chainsaws or cattle shoker?) or ranged ones (rifles and pistols ou machineguns?)

im really in doubt. and about the stats (intelect, strg, etc) its possible to use them to increase the weapon damage or only by passive skills?

ty in advance!

You have a lot of different options in the game. I think it's fully set to allow you to choose any of them and have a character capable of completing the game. You get other party members to augment your main character whom you can build as you please but are much more limited.

That being said, your main character will become a mage, a hardcore one that can use swords and armor and stuff, but a mage nonetheless. I'd advise saving quite a few points in the beginning until you can see all the skills you'll get. Then, specialize in a few of them because most of your main damage skills don't get good until you put a bunch of points into them. However, many support/buff spells are good with only one point and do not get much better with upgrades.

So... you can build him however you like, but your mage spells will likely be your bread and butter in the end. I like to make mine use a big sword but have lots of magic damage and nuke like crazy with big spells and a couple big hits in between. You can do it however you like though. Maybe even try a few different ways...

stubbie
01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree with Parasite that you will probably end up with Victor as a mage.
However I had Victor mainly as a ranged fighter using a shotgun for his earlier levels.

When you get a couple more npc's to join your party you will rely on Victor less untill he gets access to his mage skills, when he will become your big damage dealer.

After playing for some time and finally getting a full party of six I now realise I should have kept a lot of Victors skill points in reserve.

So dont be too concerned how to build him early on, though I suggest you put attribute points mainly into intell and less into str or agility depening if you want melee or ranged.

And yes, your attributes do have a direct effect on your related damage but usually equipment and skills will have a greater influence.

trevisan
01-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ty guys!
its that haveing chainsaws, machineguns, flamethrowers, and like in a game seems so FUN!!! the chainsaw its very fun to use (im using that old tatctic of saving, spending points, testing, and reloading...)! but it seems that it has low damage at the end of the game. The flamethrower its even more fun! but spend ammo as crazy...

ill save the points then. in dragon ages on my first play ive saved many many points up to lvl 17 (lvl 20 its the max) by searching the best way to go. and here we dont have nothing on gamefaqs and likes to have clues of what is the best (maybe in a russian wiki? anyway i cant read russian :P)...