PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon 5770

JG6_Express
01-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi all and Happy New Year!

Since I was so good this past year, Santa brought me a new video card. It is a ATI Radeon HD5770. I have been trying to get some decent settings on IL2 with it but it still not up to par. I was wondering if any of you have this card and fly IL2 if you would mind sharing what you have for it and the game settings. It seems for me that I have to set it to Direct X instead of OpenGL and then only to perfect. If I set it to excellent the text fonts get screwey. Anyway am hoping to hear from others about this card and the settings/drivers to use.
Thanks and HNY!

Flanker35M
01-02-2010, 08:48 AM
S!

Express, I assume you use the 9.12 drivers and get blocky text and garbled graphics. Same as I did with my 5870HD. What I did was dropping the atioglxx.dll from drivers 9.10 to IL2 folder and no more corruptions of any kind and game runs smoothly. Check the thread below "Latest ATI drivers" for more and there is also a thread at ATI forums (http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=233&threadid=122300) about this with conf.ini settings etc.

JG6_Express
01-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Thx Flanker,

I just finished reading the threads you related too. One question I have is this. Are you running IL2 in DirectX or OpenGL?

Flanker35M
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
S!

I run OpenGL with Perfect enabled(HardwareShaders=1), 1920x1200 resolution.

JG6_Express
01-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Thanks Flanker,

I have reset my settings to those you recommended. It is flyable now and will work. I hope they come out with a better driver soon. My old nvidia card was much better for IL2 than this one is. However, this card blows the doors off in op flashpoint2 whereas my nvidia card couldn't cut it.
Thanks again for the recommendations.

~S~

Flanker35M
01-04-2010, 01:15 PM
S!

You are welcome. The new Catalyst 10.1's should bring something new, but shall see ;) IL2 runs now very nicely and I am happy with that. Damn shame that only IL2 causes problems, no other game.

WhiteSnake
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Well as you can see on the ATI?AMD forum i got no problems at all on my AMD/ATI based laptop, didnt have to mess around with DLLás or anything, i just used the Conf.ini settings as posted and the 9.12 OpenGL Hotfix drivers.

I just discovered i am now able to set AA, AAA, AF and Cat A.I. to max and still no glitches, (@~15FPS) something wich i couldnt do with my previous drivers (9.7, everything after that gave me isues) so im really impressed so far.

I normaly run the game with everything to Aplication Controled in CCC exept for AAA and Mipmaps wich are at highest qualety and get ~60FPS.

Flanker35M
01-05-2010, 10:55 AM
S!

Strange WhiteSnake, but maybe we have CONSPIRACY that ATI won't work on Intel ;) :D Seriously, strange that for some works and for some not..