PDA

View Full Version : Men of war demo performance issue

Pharoah246
01-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok so I just downloaded the MoW demo about 2 days ago. After I had it all unzipped and installed I fired it up. Once I was on the main menu I checked the graphic settings it had on and everything was on high. So I ran through the singeplayer mission it gives you and It ran extremely smooth with a high frame rate. After I finished it I exited out of it back to the menu and turned off my computer for the day. The next day I fired it up again to play it again, but once I was in the mission it was lagging like hell. So I went back to the menu and lowered the graphics a bit but it was still lagging like hell with about 5 frames a second... I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. My Computer meets all the requirements for this game and is able to run it on high with most to all of the options maxed out. What basically happened was the very first time I played it it ran smooth with everything on high, and then from then on it was lagging with horrible performance.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

razputin
01-11-2010, 01:31 AM
If it played ok once, then it can again. Based on your description, I would suspect that something external to the game has changed and is causing the problem. Is it possible that Windows performed an update or another program automatically updated something? Did you update your display drivers?

Are you talking about a laptop or desktop? If it is laptop, then the CPU speed is generally throttled up and down depending on the power settinsg and/or the BIOS, so you may want to switch to a desktop with a discrete graphics card.

You might want to try shutting down all programs running in the background (use Windows Task Manager) as well as in those visible in the task bar.

Make sure that you have enough memory available (also visible in Windows Task Manager) otherwise your system might start using hard disk space which could cause a decrease in performance.

Defrag your hard drive. Perhaps Windows moved some files around during shutdown or start up.

Re-install the demo.