PDA

View Full Version : Steam download trouble and multiplayer trouble

LeGiTtZ
12-26-2009, 03:36 AM
so i have the version 1.13.3 or watever the latest one is and so i go to install the new jap patch and it says it cannot detect men of war on my computer and i just bought it off steam about 10 hours ago and wen i go 2 multiplayer and try to login it says unspecified error or login error with gamespy pls help i really wanna play

TroelsNess
01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
i had/have the same problem/problems. steam sucks/this sucks

snov8
01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Here's how to install the latest 'beta' patch for Steam,

Download the 1.16.4 patch (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/outcoming/downloads/mow/outfront-v1.16.4-editor+mp.exe) and open it up. Click next until you get to the "Ready to install" part. You'll see in the text portion it'll read:

Warning!
Setup program cannot detect the game "Men of War" on this computer.
Press "Install" to install the patch to default folder or press "Cancel" to interrupt setup process.

Installation directory:
C:\patch_v1_16_4\

As you see in the quote, the bolded part is where it'll install to (it may read differently for you). Click install and finish the patch. Now you'll want to navigate to that folder and copy all of the files, and then paste them into your official Men of War folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Men of War).

Now you're done! :)

To play online, you'll want to open the mow_mp.exe file that's in your official Men of War folder. Though that's only for multiplayer, there is no beta for single player. To play single player, just open the game normally how you would with Steam.

NOTE: Some say you should create a New Folder on your desktop and label it Men of War.. but that didn't work for me. ~ I'm also using Windows 7, so maybe that's why.

TroelsNess
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
my game still says that my UDP packets are offline...i have written to the gamersupport, but they didnt reply...