PDA

View Full Version : Wolves and Dragons reconciled quest bug

RalphTrickey
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
I saved the game, finished the quest, then decided to try it a different way because I didn't like the way that I finished it, and thought I'd try a different way.

I reloaded the save, and now I'm stuck. When I go to talk to the Chief, he thinks it's finished, but the ambasador tells me to talk to the Chief.

I exited the game, reloaded a previous save, went through the battle, finished that quest, and the same thing is happening. It looks like things are being saved outside of the save games, like which quests have been completed, in files outside of the save files, I'm not sure what else might cause the behavior that I'm seeing, but it's very annoying.

At this point, there is no way to finish that side quest.

Thanks,
Ralph
EDIT:Fixed Title.

Gniarf
12-22-2009, 01:20 AM
1-Nope, no game-related data is saved outside save files.
2-Isn't "Wolves and Bears" instead of "Wolves and dragons"? If I remember well there should be a cemetery in the middle of the map.
3-Try waiting until the ambassador comes close to the chief and starts a conversation.

RalphTrickey
12-22-2009, 03:23 AM
1-Nope, no game-related data is saved outside save files.
2-Isn't "Wolves and Bears" instead of "Wolves and dragons"? If I remember well there should be a cemetery in the middle of the map.
3-Try waiting until the ambassador comes close to the chief and starts a conversation.
1)OK, I'm at a loss then, this is a save from before I met any of them.
2)<DOH> You're absolutely right about the title. I revisited the cemetary and nothing changes, I cleared them out.
3)Right now, the wolves ambassador is right next to the bear ambassador who says 'Please Help'. If I walk next to the bear chief and talk to him, he says 'Thanks for the help'. I've got nothing else to try. Even a save game before the problem shows the issue.
4)I think I saw a form for uploading saves on another thread, I'll see if I can find it and do that.
EDITING:Adding save game as attachment.

RalphTrickey
12-22-2009, 06:30 AM
I managed to find an earlier save. I could have sworn that I tried this earlier and it didn't work, but this time it did work.:confused:

The save posted earlier is still in a funky state somehow, as far as I can tell.

Ralph