PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Tutorial

redtoorange
12-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Basic Set-up:
First things first, you need to have a map set up, I suggest you journey over to http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4157 and take a look at those videos. Now this may seem a bit odd for a coop map, but you need to save it to the single player folder. So "Men of War/resources/maps/single". Save your map as "4/MapName" inside the single folder. This creates a new folder inside single called "4" for your custom missions, and it saves you map as whatever you chose.

Next thing is to create your mission, I will leave most of that up to you, but whatever it is that you do, save it as "0.mi". Doing all this will make your custom map available online for coop.

Setting Up Players:
Now for some of the stuff less known. When you create a mission, you need to assign a "team" for the player to command. Do this by pressing F9 while under the mission mode (F3). Go to "player" and select which team you want the player to be. You can also change the player's relation to other teams under diplomacy, making him allied or neutral to other teams.

Now this is all well and good, but when you try and run the map in coop, no player gets any units. You both get to sit there and stare at all the pretty tigers you could be driving, but do not fear, its actually pretty easy.

Giving out Units:
The first thing to do is go to mission mode, and create a new trigger. I called mine "Start". Under the conditions, leave it blank, and under commands, add a command called "autoassign" under "other". Then click the ... for selector and you can choose what to assign to the players. You can pick an entire team, or you can tag certain units or use their mids.

This will even divide the units between however many players there are in the mission.

Final Note:
The game has no way of transferring files between players, so if you and your buddies want to play your cool new mission, you're gonna have to send it to them. If there is any difference between your map and your friend's, there will be a desync issue. So just keep it in mind.

Cheers!

SpeedWolf
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
that is good.

but like i say before you have to know what your a doing and you do.

but i am sure when there make a mission there will not know where or how to get there mission map out.

and they will ask you for more information.

but anyway good job on that.:grin:

Pwnage Cookie
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Im having a bit of trouble with the autoassign bit. I tagged several units together then made the trigger but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else that has to be done in autoassign as I don't really understand what the things like amount are for.

KnightFandragon
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
FOr autoassign I made a command of delay: 5 and then autoassign and simply set all my troops to player 0 and in the autoassign set player to 0 and it works....ofc I dont have tags and stuff so I guess thats the lazy way haha.

Pwnage Cookie
11-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Am I supposed to use the units in the F2 menu or the F3 menu? And also do I use the single player units or multi?

KnightFandragon
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
F2 is for creating the map and F3 mode is for making objectives, placing units, setting waypoints and making your mission. As for multi or single im not sure but I always use single. So place units in F3 mission mode.

Korsakov829
11-09-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't believe it matters single or multi. Their infantry regardless, and with the right properties should be treated the same way.