PDA

View Full Version : Game has gotten suddenly very hard to play. why ?

Montaz
12-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

So I've been playing 1.11 + latest BFX mod for a week now, and I enjoy it quite a bit. Of course there are some CTD here and there, and I had to reinstall but nevertheless it's fun.

Now, yesterday, I played a mission for Tanya where she asked me to go to Olega and get Ramon Marquez to fight along with her.
The first step is to attack an army convoy heading towards Olega. I did that. Then I had to go to Cali-Cantinos to get the portable press machine, on my way there I tried to stop in Sagrada to sell some loot, but as soon as I entered, combat mode started and police and soldiers attacked me.
Also there were new soldiers there, with helmets, uniforms and masks over their face. I have no clue who the **** they are...

I tried in every city and it's the same story, police, soldiers, etc. Except in Olega and Cali-Cantinos. The weird thing is, when I got to the Jungle camp, it was being attacked by the army.
We defeated them, I left, came back and sure enough they were attacking the camp again. What's going on ?

The difficulty level has increased drastically. My kill book says "difficulty level:7" but I can't do shit anyway because there are soldiers or police patrols intercepting me around every city, plus the gangsters, plus the fact that I can't open a bank account.
In which bank and when do I get to open an account? I need money to recruit more mercs.

Thank you guys for your time and help

EDIT: Ok I understand I have to wear army uniforms if I want to enter governement owned cities.
But still, what about money ? How do I make millions ? I spent the 100 000 eldos I had on equipment for my 2 mercs, and I dont have enough to buy a truck.
Also I have another question concerning Rico Reyes and his offers. Is it useful to order a vehicle or is it wasted money (I'm playing with BFX mind you) ?
EDIT: Well I've solved my money problem by cheating and selling expensive weapons. I had no choice.
Also I've captured the army base, but I don't have a truck. I bought the Hummer and Willis though. But where can I buy the Ural ?
And what about the missions given by the Boblings at the secret harbour ? I can't seem to understand what I should do.

R@S
12-27-2009, 01:34 PM
You seem to have found most of the answers yourself, but I'll try to pitch in a little info.

Game difficulty is based on the CGL(Current Game Level) which is raised by doing main quests(Govt or rebel). In some cases you can advance the CGL's by killing enemies, but for the most part the levels a locked at certain missions.

DO NOT EVER order a car from Rico, it will never arrive and you'll lose the mony you gave him. He will sell you the Willies jeep and the BTR, but you need to have the money to get that option in the dialog.

If you play with the BFX mod you can buy all available cars from Billy.Bob at the Sectret Harbor. As with Rico, you need to have the money to get the dialog option to buy them. Here's a price list:
GAZ69 for 50000
Willis Jeep for 60000
Hummer for 200000
Ural truck for 300000
BTR-70 for 1000000
FMTV A1R for 2000000

As for the Bobling missions, look in your Journal for more clues and directions on how to solve them.

Montaz
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your answers R@S !

I indeed figured out most of what was bothering me. I understand that there's no banking system in 7.62, what a shame.
As for the mod and the weapons, I think they are great and I do not miss the Tactical flashlight a bit.

I seem to have one problem and I know it has been posted somewhere else on the board: When I take a city, the Gvt takes it right back. I don't even suceed in raising troops for the militia.
Should I talk to the "locals" ?

Also, I have the mission with the mechanic who had his family killed by Thugs from Santa Maria. I already killed one of them, but I can't seem to find the others, it is like they have disapeared from all the other cities.

EDIT: OK I figured out how to raise militia, and the militia system is not very ergonomic if I may say so. I don't understand the Budget mechanism, where does the money come from ? It doesn't seem to draw funds from my account, so what is the goal of the budget ceiling ? Is there a limit to the number of militia I can train in a given city, and also can they take a city without my help ?

I've completed the Mechanic mission by asking the right guys and with a bit of luck :D
Also I found the book of Koans completely by chance. It is well hidden to say the least.