PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes

crazycelt
12-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I purchased Red Tide via steam, and an update to the game was installed yesterday. I can't load any of my save games, so I was wondering if anyone could post the patch notes. Thanks.

Korsakov829
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
As with Men of War, once you update, your version is no longer compatible with older saves. So in order to load those saves you would have to revert back to your previous version.

Mack the Knife
12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
and an update to the game

guys, a little help for someone who's never downloaded a game before red tide. where the %*$# is this patch/update? http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon10.gif is this information released somewhere and it's only me who's clueless? thanks...

<EDIT>
well, i took my own advice and checked gamersgate and got patch 1.00.1. but i still ask, was this announced? also, i haven't installed it yet as i have save games i want to finish but for anyone who's installed it, is there a readme? if so, can you briefly tell us what's in the patch?
</EDIT>

Korsakov829
12-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Its on the Russian version of the Red Tide site. I haven't bothered downloading it, but I don't think there is much in it. It may have been removed, the last time I checked and saw it was a month ago.

The patch is so small, I doubt it would be announced.

Mack the Knife
12-17-2009, 01:52 AM
I doubt it would be announced

well, in my mind it must do something significant otherwise why bother...

can the admin (Sneaksie?) find out please.

Korsakov829
12-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Significant?
It could just be correcting a typo or two. Thats not much.

Nokturnal
12-17-2009, 03:22 AM
From what i read the changes are minor. However, it's worth noting that some of the "list of changes" i found gave the impression that Russian and English copies received separate patches with different changes.
Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, for now, here's a translation from a Russian site:

List of changes Patch 1.0.0.1

* Now the game writes the correct error message when you run at resolutions of unsupported game
* Now the "fog of war" on and off during the mission
* Added icon and name for a box, a portable two soldiers
* Fixed the bug with shooting from a flamethrower
* Increased capacity of naval guns fired

Corrections in the single mission:

* "The last handful of bullets"
* "Feodosiya: Debut
* "According to Odessa would not shoot!"

Here are the changes for English, according to this site
List of patch fixes
1. The display of the word Victory is fixed in a save loaded after victory.
2. Fixed maps and missions in Lieutenant Fedorov's Response.

This site also seems to claim there is a patch 1.0.0.2 out there (as of 16 December..)
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/men_of_war_red_tide.php

Not sure what to make of all this, to be honest i haven't played the game in a while, but if the patches were important i'd say we would be informed.

Mack the Knife
12-17-2009, 03:37 AM
thanks my friend http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/cmckenziecm/emoticons-smileys/thclapping.gif

did you translate it? how'd you wind up in australia?http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon10.gif

hmmm, don't see any spelling issues

just visited that site and here's what they list as the changelog for 1.00.2 but seems you can only download the russian version.

List of patch fixes
1. The display of the word Victory is fixed in a save loaded after victory.
2. Fixed maps and missions in Lieutenant Fedorov's Response.

Nokturnal
12-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Nah, Google translated it ;)

It also seems both 0.1 and 0.2 have the same changes listed. But that is perhaps just a result of a lazy uploader for the site.

Would be great if someone in a position of power could upload and detail the changes on the official RT site.
Unless of course these changes are purely for the Russian release. In which case, i guess we'll just be patient.

Nike-it
12-17-2009, 07:59 AM
As far as I know, Red Tide already contains russian patch 1.0.0.1.
So the current patch for english version is the same as russian 1.0.0.2

crazycelt
12-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks.

Mack the Knife
12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
So the current patch for english version is the same as russian 1.0.0.2
crazycelt, your response sounds like you're going to download it and install it...let us know as personally i'm not keen on the idea of installing the russian patch (not that i don't like russians mind you, but it's probably IN russian!)