PDA

View Full Version : The demo brings my system to its knees.

TreyoftheDead
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I really want to purchase this game, but after hearing about the numerous issues I decided to try out the demo first...boy am I glad I did.

Even on the lowest settings this game crumples my system to the point that I feel like I'm trying to run Crysis on a cheap PC from Wal-Mart. Even with all settings on low the game dips down to about 10FPS and becomes unplayable. It never reaches above 40 and when it reaches that high it doesn't stay there long. The performance doesn't really get better or worse than that on medium. Heck, even on high the change isn't that drastic, though it still runs horribly. :confused:

My system certainly isn't high end, but it runs Crysis on medium, Batman: Arkham Asylum on high, Fallout 3 on ultra high, and pretty much any modern game you throw at it on high+ with fantastic fps.

What's the deal?

My rig:

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7740 2.7GHz Dual Core CPU
XFX Radeon HD 4850 1GB GPU
6GB DDR2 RAM
1440x900 resolution

Sneaksie
12-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Cryostasis is a game optimized for nVidia PhysX, go figure... Are your Catatlyst drivers up-to-date? Try to lower physics-related game settings.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Well i have a athlon x2 4400+ 2 gb ram 8800gt 512, i can run Resident evil 5 on very high 1280x1024 full settings without slowdown, i just finished The Saboeur on max settings 1280x1024 with no problem, i also played Batman Arkam Aslym with evrything maxed (but without physics at all) and it worked perfecet Dead Space another game with very good graphics was fully playble on my pc on max settigns 1280x1024...., Ninja Blade also worked perfect and i finished it on max settings 2 weeks ago, And soon i will start playing Star wars force unleashed.But cryostasis run slow on my pc EVEN ON LOW SETTINGS WITHOUT PHYSICS. That
because the game is not optimized at all. While Batman runs slow only if physx is enabled (and that because physx makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE in batman both graphics and gameplay) cryostasis run slow on my machine even without physx on low settings. And why they dont release a pacth to optimize it better? IS IT SO HARD FOR THE DEVELOPERS TO OPTIMZE THE GAME??