PDA

View Full Version : Damn vehicles

WhiteAgent
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I would like for example to create an assassination mission with an ending of the assassins getting in an evac vehicle hunted by 20+ enemy units and maybe some cars with machine guns but when this scene occurs the members just get out of the car when someone shoots and leave only the driver inside..

Any solutions?

Sneaksie
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe forbid them to move after placing them inside the car?

WhiteAgent
12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe forbid them to move after placing them inside the car?

Tried it as well as other things..
I have disallowed them to free move, to free shoot, I've changed to User with all that combined and also disabled AI move but still nothing..

Zeke Wolff
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
You need to modify some files to get the passengers to stay inside the car when being shot at. The game automatically decides when and if a vehicle with passengers is being under attack, that the passengers should be disembark and engage the enemy in battle.'

To prevent this you will need to alter either the file named crew.ext (this file is most oftenly located in the same vehicle folder as the vehicle with the same name you are using, for example sdkfz251 etc). However, you might also be forced to modify some other, its a matter of trial and error and a not very fun task...

~Zeke.

WhiteAgent
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
You need to modify some files to get the passengers to stay inside the car when being shot at. The game automatically decides when and if a vehicle with passengers is being under attack, that the passengers should be disembark and engage the enemy in battle.'

To prevent this you will need to alter either the file named crew.ext (this file is most oftenly located in the same vehicle folder as the vehicle with the same name you are using, for example sdkfz251 etc). However, you might also be forced to modify some other, its a matter of trial and error and a not very fun task...

~Zeke.

Isnt there any Mod or Guide I could use/follow?

Korsakov829
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM

~Zeke.

I wouldn't recommend the method, as it can be very risky. Try alternative methods before this one.

If you do decide to use this method, make backups of files, or a you could make a mod.

redtoorange
12-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Okay, so here's what ya do, add a tag to the vehicles you don't want people getting out of. Then create a script, with the condition Actor>Ables. Under ables select the tag of the vehicles, and under remove, select the abilities you want gone. To keep your guys in the vehicle, remove "emit_on_attack" and "emit_passengers_on_enemy"/

Cheers!

Avat
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Try to set in actor's properties: brain -> control -> user (instead of AI)

KnightFandragon
01-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Lolz, ive had this exact same problem w/ my guys also lolz, had a row of mortar crews who absolutely refused to stay on thier guns as well as a Katyusha crewman who liked to hop out every 2 1/2 seconds....