PDA

View Full Version : Video review in Ukranian

bubblesjs
12-11-2009, 06:09 PM
hi all i dont know if this video has already been uploaded, if it has just lock this thread.
if it hasnt, can someone translate what he is saying??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0AVl7vFbM

Nike-it
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Well, first of all it is not Russian, but Ukranian, so I can't translate it, the only thing I can understand, that it is not very positive:(

obsolum
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
(...) the only thing I can understand, that it is not very positive:(
Well, that really shouldn't surprise anyone. From the complaints and bug reports I've read on this forum it seems to me that this is simply not a very good game, especially given the long development time. I do see potential to substantially improve the game with patches, though, if the developers take the users' complaints and suggestions to heart and care enough to actually want to make the game better.

Also, keep in mind that so far the game has mostly been reviewed by Eastern European game magazines and such. I reckon that a lot of the Western game reviewers are gonna be harsher and less forgiving to the game. So unless the developers manage to release a patch that adresses some of the biggest complaints in time for the international release (not very likely) I can see this game getting a lot more negative reviews when it hits the shelves in the rest of the world.

Ubaku
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
How funny, I am from Ukraine and can't speak much Ukrainian. Won't get into why. Too long to explain. I see no reason why there should be a negative review. Every time I play this game I absolutely love it.

USA Trucker
12-14-2009, 09:26 PM
How funny, I am from Ukraine and can't speak much Ukrainian. Won't get into why. Too long to explain. I see no reason why there should be a negative review. Every time I play this game I absolutely love it.

I agree. Yes this game has not been released internationally, and people that are bad mouthing it should adapt to a wait and see attitude before making such strong remarks against it (especially when they don't have it). For all we know, patch's may come of this.

I have watched many videos, and read the complaints from a very small majority (usually the same people). Judging from what I have seen (both good & bad), I will get this game. It is by far, better than any other trucking game I have come across, and I played them all!!

I believe the western nations will welcome this game, and offer constructive criticism.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Well some games are just like that they are more liked in some countires and have better sales there ... points mostly at those very wierd japanes games :p

USA Trucker
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Well some games are just like that they are more liked in some countires and have better sales there ... points mostly at those very wierd japanes games :p

Yes, but these are poeple bad mouthing it, and don't have it, for the most part. :rolleyes:

obsolum
12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Yes, but these are poeple bad mouthing it, and don't have it, for the most part. :rolleyes:
Yep, and rightly so. You can just mention my name, it's obvious you're talking about me. I don't give a rat's ass; I'll speak my mind whether you like it or not. I believe this game isn't worth the 7 year wait, and I don't need to have it to believe that. The reports and complaints I've read from people who do have the game are enough to come to that conclusion.

USA Trucker
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Yep, and rightly so. You can just mention my name, it's obvious you're talking about me. I don't give a rat's ass; I'll speak my mind whether you like it or not. I believe this game isn't worth the 7 year wait, and I don't need to have it to believe that. The reports and complaints I've read from people who do have the game are enough to come to that conclusion.

Hey hot-shot, slow down on your accusations, & mind reading capabilities. I was not directing this to any one individual. I was directing this to all that bad mouth this game, and don't even own it (yes, you included, but not solely).

I respect the people that have a poor review of this game (and own it), but do not respect people that capitalize on their remarks, as if they own it. You want to (and everyone else that does not own it) bad mouth this game, that's fine, but buy it first, and add your comments from experience, not from conjecture, and stealing other remarks that do own it. Need I say more?

So you can speak your mind, but just make sure it's your mind, and not someone else's. I'm willing to bet that once this game is available internationally, you will get it, or else why are you here? Just to bad mouth something you don't own?

obsolum
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Of course I'll get it. I haven't spent 6 years waiting for it to be finished to not get it when it's released. I won't be paying for it until I know it's worth the money, though. Rest assured, when I've played it I'll give my honest opinion about it, both good and bad. As for you not respecting certain people, again... I couldn't care less. Like I said, the stuff I've read so far is enough for me to be at least somewhat disappointed. Come on, no pedestrians, traffic lights or speed limit signs? Those things alone warrant a big "WTF?!" after 6 or 7 years of development and then I'm not even mentioning the obvious performance issues on some high end computers, the awful sounds and some lacking features. So what, I can't form an opinion based on those things just because I don't own the game? What kind of nonsense is that? What are reviews even for if not for forming an opinion based on thoughts/reports of people that have played it? And I'm not bad mouthing the game that bad. I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that it got a (one, so far) bad review.

You should lay off the underlining, italizing and bolding stuff, dude. You overdo it.

USA Trucker
12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Of course I'll get it. I haven't spent 6 years waiting for it to be finished to not get it when it's released. I won't be paying for it until I know it's worth the money, though. Rest assured, when I've played it I'll give my honest opinion about it, both good and bad. As for you not respecting certain people, again... I couldn't care less. Like I said, the stuff I've read so far is enough for me to be at least somewhat disappointed. Come on, no pedestrians, traffic lights or speed limit signs? Those things alone warrant a big "WTF?!" after 6 or 7 years of development and then I'm not even mentioning the obvious performance issues on some high end computers, the awful sounds and some lacking features. So what, I can't form an opinion based on those things just because I don't own the game? What kind of nonsense is that? What are reviews even for if not for forming an opinion based on thoughts/reports of people that have played it? And I'm not bad mouthing the game that bad. I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that it got a (one, so far) bad review.

You should lay off the underlining, italizing and balding stuff, dude. You overdo it.

The underlining, italicizing (not italizing) & (bolding not balding) is to make a point dude. As for some of the discrepancies with this game.... Well, that's what patches/updates are for. However, you make it sound like you own the game, and broadcasting your in-experience toward it.

I have read every report from magazines, to players, and each, and every one score it 75% or better. The ones that have anything bad to say about it, are constructive criticism, and will hopefully be corrected in up-coming patch's. You continue to post like you own it, and give bad publicity toward it. It wouldn't be so bad if you spoke from experience, but you don't. You just feed off of others.

obsolum
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
The underlining, italicizing (not italizing) & (bold not bald) is to make a point dude. As for some of the discrepancies with this game.... Well, that's what patches/updates are for. However, you make it sound like you own the game, and broadcasting your in-experience toward it.

I have read every report from magazines, to players, and each, and every one score it 75% or better. The ones that have anything bad to say about it, are constructive criticism, and will hopefully be corrected in up-coming patch's. You continue to post like you own it, and give bad publicity toward it.
Patches (not patch's). I don't pretend to own the game and I always say things like "From what I've read" or something similar to indicate that I am, in fact, not talking from experience. And I'm not giving any publicity at all, merely pointing out something sometimes. You're making too big a deal out of this. You don't agree with me posting negative things about the game, fair enough. Deal with it.

I'm going to end this here as it's obviously going nowhere and we've brought this too off topic already.

USA Trucker
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Patches [I](not patch's)[/I.

Patches & Patch's are both acceptable terms. Try spell-check.

obsolum
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Patches & Patch's are both acceptable terms. Try spell-check.
Lol, I say I want to end this because we've brought it too off topic already and now you want to start about spelling?

"Patch's" is not an accepted plural form of "patch". It is accepted in, for example, "Patch's car" where Patch is a person's name, or in "The patch's content consists of updated textures" or something.

You know it's bad when someone who isn't a native English speaker must point these things out to someone from Brooklyn :)

Look, no hard feelings, all right? I'll try to watch the negativity about the game. Let's end this silly argument.

USA Trucker
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Lol, I say I want to end this because we've brought it too off topic already and now you want to start about spelling?

"Patch's" is not an accepted plural form of "patch". It is accepted in, for example, "Patch's car" where Patch is a person's name, or in "The patch's content consists of updated textures" or something.

You know it's bad when someone who isn't a native English speaker must point these things out to someone from Brooklyn :)

Look, no hard feelings, all right? I'll try to watch the negativity about the game. Let's end this silly argument.

You need to seriously consult a dictionary. I have read all 7 definitions to this word, and it does apply. As a lawyer, I'm very particular in my words. I have a degree in English, do you?

Ubaku
12-18-2009, 10:55 PM

You should lay off the underlining, italizing and bolding stuff, dude. You overdo it.

Yea the lack of speed limit signs and traffic lights sucks I agree, but I learned to ignore it. It isnt that big a deal. The natural scenery and trucks are just beautiful. I don't have any performance issues personally.

And as far as pedestrians go, there is a situation which occurs in story mode where a train derails near Santa Barbara and forces the passengers to look for other ways to get home, and hence many of them turn into hitchikers which you can give a ride to, for a nice money reward. ;-) There are many other cool things like that. No other truck game has these type of things.

LOL and guys cut the crap. Lets all get along here. ;-)

USA Trucker
12-19-2009, 06:02 AM
LOL and guys cut the crap. Lets all get along here. ;-)

OK, I agree. All is forgiven. :grin: