PDA

View Full Version : Other Tech Questions/Concerns NOT Listed.

Eggtooth
11-27-2009, 07:01 PM
HEY! ALL!

i'm buyed game today!!! Game is AWESOME!
sorry for the thread name...

I post screens soon!

Possible to run game in windowed mode? I really need it :)

flykas
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Well I instaled the game. But It gives me an error : "The procedure entry point alSource3i could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenAL32.dll"

What to do?

GinXeng
11-28-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?openal32

If that doesn't work, update your graphics drivers.

flykas
11-28-2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?openal32

If that doesn't work, update your graphics drivers.

Yeah I tried to download this, does not help.

I have updated the drivers recently. I had the same problem with Dirt and Grid, never solved it.

flykas
11-29-2009, 06:38 PM
ok, solved it.

yuhui2009
11-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Rig'n'Roll Support DX10?

Pete379x
11-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Don't think so its just DX 9.

Nike-it
11-30-2009, 05:39 AM
HEY! ALL!

i'm buyed game today!!! Game is AWESOME!
sorry for the thread name...

I post screens soon!

Possible to run game in windowed mode? I really need it :)

Windowed mode is possible.

Nike-it
11-30-2009, 06:29 AM
The game is made for DX9.

yuhui2009
11-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Read the player to experience video

Rig'n'Roll How there is no shadow?

Nike-it
11-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Read the player to experience video

Rig'n'Roll How there is no shadow?

You controll shadows in the video settings.

digit
11-30-2009, 07:15 AM
You must have the sun turned off mate, You should try turning it on ;)

yuhui2009
11-30-2009, 07:36 AM
You controll shadows in the video settings.

But: I saw him the menu settings, the whole effect

why:Other scenes have a very strong shadow?

yuhui2009
11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
The only explanation: Recording video,Open shadow ,The screen is not smooth,So Close!

Freak Of Nature
11-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Maybe it was cloudy? In reality, if the day is cloudy, shadows are not so dark as if it is sunny ;) maybe the same thing exist in the game :)

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
tell me how to do Windowed mode please...

Nike-it
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
You should create a text file wdb.ini in the following folder: gamedirectory\Gameworld\.
In this file write following text:

[env]
fullscreen = false

After that the game will be launched in windowed mode.

If you want to return to normal mode, just delete this file.
Cheers.

Freak Of Nature
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Nike-it do you know where to put mp3 music, and what format?

Nike-it
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Nike-it do you know where to put mp3 music, and what format?

MP3 should be ok.
Copy all misic files to "C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My
Games\RigNRoll\profile_name\MyRadios"

And they should work. In any case you can open file
"user_dir.txt" (C:\Program
Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\FM) and replace the current text with this one: "C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My
Games\RigNRoll\profile_name\MyRadios"

If your music is played too fast, just try to use different settings in the "Music options"
Cheers.

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
i don't see rain in game.

there is my Video File:

[video]
guid1=-675865026
guid2=298795963
guid3=573730353
width=800
height=600
bpp=32
multisampling=1
texture_filtering=1.000000
shadows=0.000000
3D_clouds=true
visibility_range=1.000000
vehicle_detail=0.000000
drops_on_windshield=true
HDR_lighting=0.000000
reflection_detail=4.000000
reflection_update_rate=4.000000
light_maps=true
motion_blur=true
a_shadows=true
fara_filtering=0.800000
cars_in_reflection=2
head_lights=true
mirrors=true

What i must do to enable rain? (this is after edition)

bobie81
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I bought the game for 2 days ago, when a start a game, when it rains i can se it rain, after a while i can see the drops on the road, and after more a while it shows on the window, but not that much in screens so you can hardle see out, and the sky is clear, i have all the settings in high, and the settings so it will show rain drops..what are the problem?????????
when i start the game mode when you will competion with other trucks it rains in the beginning and then it is like in the pictures,
you must have the wipers on to see out and its water on the road, but after 3-10 min its no rain at all at the window, but it rain heavle..sorry for my english, i am from sweden.. come on the game should work after nerly 7 years..Please help..

My system spec:

intel q9550 2,83 gzh
4 gig ram
nvidia gtx 260
and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

After about 10 min in the campage the rain showed up in the window and the road, it looks nice, but it´s not that much on the window
so i cant se out, like i have been seing in pictures, it´s was day when it rains, does that have something with it? i want so i must have the wipers on to see out.

Eggtooth
12-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Same Here. Changed graphic card to Radeon HD4850 512MB, and rain does not appear!

movo.
12-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Change the settings or something?! Go try and figure it out of no one replies :)

USA Trucker
12-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Speaking of weather.... Has anyone played in the snow yet, and if so can you provide a video link? I have seen most of the videos, but thus far no snow. :(

Mr luder
12-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Speaking of weather.... Has anyone played in the snow yet, and if so can you provide a video link? I have seen most of the videos, but thus far no snow. :(

They said weather will be realistic. So, if we can see snow, it wont be at the beginning of the campaign, due it's summer! So, while we do the campaign, it should turn to december and if it would be realistic, the weather would be messed up and maybe we see snow.
There are texture files that say there must be snow.

USA Trucker
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
They said weather will be realistic. So, if we can see snow, it wont be at the beginning of the campaign, due it's summer! So, while we do the campaign, it should turn to december and if it would be realistic, the weather would be messed up and maybe we see snow.
There are texture files that say there must be snow.

Isn't there a free play mode?

Whiskey
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
The campaign is the free play mode as far as I know. You can do or not the missions proposed to you

plolq
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Well from what i can tell after playing the game for (64 days ingame) ,it started to rain :D and its raining...still -_- , even still the weather forecast ingame from what i can understand its taken from 4 weather stations in the area and the forecast is bleak more RAIN :evil: ...anyway im in mid spring ( ingame and to be honest the weather isnt as nice and sunny as when the game started. )

So from what i can tell , form my experience in story mode the weather is somewhat dynamic its been raining for 3 days now non stop although not at the same intensity i noticed im using max settings ingame, the snow in rnr is like rain if you pause the game you can see the tiny snow flakes , other than that you dont actually see snow on the road surface only some textures on hills/mountains.

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Here you can talk about other problems you have with the game.

digit
01-23-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem with Rig n Roll but all of a sudden the game began to run extremely fast like 200 FPS, firstly only from the in-cab view and 5 minutes later from any view. I know this is a common problem with older games being played on new computers but Rig n Roll?

Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this in Rig n Roll? Or is this problem just expressing the extremely long development time?

Mr luder
01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
You running it with vsync on?!

digit
01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Nope

Cabover
02-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Ok like most of you guys I was so exited when RnR came to the alive and now that i got it i was so exited.....but untill i got to playing it.......is run so suky but only in the menu and stuff and so i cant really enjoy my game but then again i can play other games on my pc without a spec of lagg EX:Maderwarfare, all scs games , crysis and ect but RnR is another story. Please help me :cry:

Spec:
Amd Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-core 2.20ghz
8.00 GB of memory DDR2
windows vista 64bit(service pack 2)
Geforce 9800 gt 512mb directx 11
500gb of space
realtek audio

and the last thing when i finished installing rnr the setup was finished the first 2 colum were red. i didnt now what they ment becuase it was in russion(the page that shows up after installing the game)
please help me becuase i basicly bough this system for RnR and would like to enjoy it if this can be fixed then in the patch is this possable to add support pleae and thanks, 1c

novatekk
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
is run so suky but only in the menu and stuff

sorry thought you meant gameplay

Cabover
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
NO i mean lik when im changeing settings it run bad in the menus and also when the map is out but when im playing normal it runs ok enjoyable it something to do with the menu.also the music comes and gos when im changing the settings

what u mean the graphic car is a little problematic? all om my stuff is brand new XD and why is this game still using low spec on directx??? so basicly i mines well unstall rnr from my pc if they dont change this becuase i cant donwgrade for one game

And the last thing is that when i finished intalling the game, the first theing that pops out in the system test menu i had red on the first 2 coloums but i didn know what they ment becuase they were in russion

novatekk
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
About the videocard...I thought you meant bad performance during gameplay so figured it might have been your videocard. Eventhough it is a decent card I wouldn't want to call it brand new. The 9x series was launched back in 2008.

Anyway back to the problem. I also noticed that the background video in the menus sometimes hangs for a split second when changing settings so I guess that's what you're talking about. I wouldn't even call it a problem but then I don't know how severe it is with your system.

About DirectX 11...there's no need to downgrade anything. It's just that you specifically mentioned having it installed in regard to this game so I thought you might want to know that Rig'N'Roll isn't optimized for DirectX 11 anyway.

I don't know what was on the first two columns...all was green when I ran it so I didn't pay any attention to it. Can't you run it again and translate it?

Cabover
02-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Well when the game starts, u see the option to click on and if i click on any of them my game laggs,ex. settings, but the game runs good on game play{im try to get a program that can tell me how many fraps i get And post some pic}

about the 2 coloum green thing i cant reinstall becuase my activation will be 0 becuase i intsalled it on my older pc and now on this one and if i reinstall it that will be my last chance!!!

beside that i guess im have to wait for the patch....they did say in late febuary right? and wait for the english version too i rather have this game in a disc!

Here are the pic without the menu.......
before:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7706/rnr2010022216460342.jpg
After:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5825/rnr2010022216461791.jpg
Gameplay:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4323/rnr2010022216480384y.jpg
After:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3766/rnr2010022216483975.jpg
i dont know th size of the pic that are alowed and if there over the limit i apolagice

novatekk
02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Ok, I installed Fraps aswell to see what frames I got. I'm running the game on a Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4 Gig RAM, XFX GTX 285, Vista Ultimate 64bit. While it is definately lower in menus compared to the actual driving, it is not as bad as yours. I get 15 fps in that last pic (the one where you get 5 frames).

I have honestly no idea why this happens. At first I thought it might be the video that plays in the background in the main menu but that can't be it because on that last pic of yours, there is no video, it's all in-game. I can understand that in your case, having to cope with 5 fps, gets to a point where it is unacceptable. Let's just hope the patch fixes this problem.

About the activation: while I think you can just contact 1C to get a new bunch of activations, I personally make copies of the registration entries (use regedit in windows) to make sure I can reinstall windows/the game as many times as I want.

Cabover
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
well thanks for trying to help me and by the way is there a spasific program that i should update like i updated directx,opengl, and video card> u have any other suggestions?

huh................this sound weird but all i did was defram my hard drive and RnR run 15 times better, it still laggs in the menu but at least i can play the game on high options XD

novatekk
02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear it runs a lot better now! :) I think a lot of people underestimate the essence of a good defrag every now and then. ;)

Now lets hope the upcoming patch does wonders as well.

flykas
03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
First I was playing with these setings
shadows on half , reflections and reflection speed on half, Hdr turned off, traficc on half ,everything else on full and no anisotrophy set in nvida control panel and was getting pretty low frame rates everywhere just some places had normal frame rate. Now I turned hdr to full , shadows to full, reflection resolution to full and speed to 1 dot and turned anistrophy to 16 and I get really noticable increase in performance, it runs pretty smooth almost evrywhere just some big cities still have decrease to something like 10 fps.

I play on:
GeForce gt 240 ; Phenom x2 , 3000 ram.

kennyb87
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I turned the sounds down a bit and made my game run much better.

I set my resolution to 1024x768 and set my monitor to full screen all it done was stretch the screen a touch to fit looks pretty much the same as when I had it on 1440x900. But now I have got good frame rates all the time and turned my detail up. Try it seriously it works like a charm my monitor is 19inch widescreen if anybody wants to know

Jesse Tasca
04-15-2010, 04:39 PM
It has come to my attention that the game uses Star-Force as a DRM. Now From what i hear and have seen, this is not accepable at all.

Star-Force can and has caused serouis problems with computers and their OS'es, thus i myself (And i know im not alone here) am not buying the game untill this is resolved.

Thank you very much for hearing me out.

obsolum
04-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Ditto.

Jesse Tasca
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
You know what. I just don't care anymore, im not hearing anything negitave from those who bought the Russian version, so im just going to buy the game later today.

gg14870
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I just bought the day of the release and I am finding problems that severly interfere with the game. First, in the Los Angeles area, there are "invisible walls" that my truck crashes into. Surprisingly, the bar at the top of the screen still says my truck is moving at the speed that it was before the crash. Also, there are black holes inside the game also around Los Angeles. The road dissappears and the sky replaces the road. When you drive onto the sky, you fall endlessly, but again, the bar at the top of the screen still says the truck is at the speed that it was before falling. I can not recover from these problems and have to back out of the game and restart. Does anyone else have these problems? Does 1C know about them?

USA Trucker
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
I have not experienced these problems as of yet, but I will keep an eye out, and confirm your problem if need be. I have been through LA several times in the single missions, but not in the campaign though.

You know what. I just don't care anymore, im not hearing anything negitave from those who bought the Russian version, so im just going to buy the game later today.

You need to search the site better, but it's your money.

obsolum
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
You need to search the site better, but it's your money.
What do you mean? I haven't seen any complaints regarding the DRM either. And you're playing the game yourself and haven't reported anything either.

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
What do you mean? I haven't seen any complaints regarding the DRM either. And you're playing the game yourself and haven't reported anything either.

I didn't purchase it. So the jury is still out for me. Yet, there have been several complaints during the past few months (Russian version) about the game suddenly stopping, and the computer rebooting, other downloading problems, and registering the game, along with serial number validation is also an issue.

These can be, and usually are tell tale signs of DRM problem, not 1C/RNR. The English version is still new. So if my brother does not have any issues, say after about a month, then I might consider purchasing it. I would wait and see, if I were you.

gg14870
04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I have not experienced these problems as of yet, but I will keep an eye out, and confirm your problem if need be. I have been through LA several times in the single missions, but not in the campaign though.
I have tried going through LA in single missions, but at the exit from Interstate 5 East to 101 North, the wall is still there.

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
I have tried going through LA in single missions, but at the exit from Interstate 5 East to 101 North, the wall is still there.

I'll check it out right now. Be back with the results.

Update:

I tried it in both directions. Sorry, but I didn't notice any wall, either visually, or invisible via Interstate 5 to Highway 101, in Single Mission.

gg14870
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for trying. I guess the problem is just isolated to my computer.

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for trying. I guess the problem is just isolated to my computer.

.... Or your graphics card. What do you have?

gg14870
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I have an Nvidia 7800. It is well over the minimum requirements. I found another "wall" on my way to Mojave from Oxnard. I think I figured it out though. I can not see some of the competing trucks and when I try to pass them, I run into a wall. I think that I run into a trailer instead of a wall. But that poses another problem, why can't my computer show other trucks? The computer is pretty old but it almost meets the recommended requirements and it is well over the minimum.

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I have an Nvidia 7800. It is well over the minimum requirements. I found another "wall" on my way to Mojave from Oxnard. I think I figured it out though. I can not see some of the competing trucks and when I try to pass them, I run into a wall. I think that I run into a trailer instead of a wall. But that poses another problem, why can't my computer show other trucks? The computer is pretty old but it almost meets the recommended requirements and it is well over the minimum.

NVidia is program that supports your graphic card. What is your graphics card? With this game, almost won't work. You need the minimum spects, but I reccomend the suggested specs.

GinXeng
04-19-2010, 09:26 PM
I have tried going through LA in single missions, but at the exit from Interstate 5 East to 101 North, the wall is still there.Please provide a picture of what you are talking about.

gg14870
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
So then, USA Trucker, could my processor be the problem. That is the only component that does not fit the recommended specs.

USA Trucker
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
So then, USA Trucker, could my processor be the problem. That is the only component that does not fit the recommended specs.

Yes, it could very well be. I don't what your processor is. Can you tell us? The game specifies what you need, both minimal, and recommended. I would shoot for the higher/better recommendations. Today, upgrading a computer is not as expensive as it use to be. Heck, even buying the one I have with 8gb ram, G-force 9500 Video Card, Intel Core 2, Quad, 2.9 GHz cost less then $1,200!

Of course if you can't afford that, then upgrade what you need to get the game to run properly.

pook
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Writing about the problem of invisible wall ??????
If so, I read this issue with Russian colleagues.
I say try one ride (not the campaign) to run and pass the place where the invisible wall. If there is not, it's a problem loading wrong career line. The solution is to start a new campaign.
If the invisible wall and there in a contract free ride, then a problem with installing games. Advises that to reinstall the game! Really helps.
I heard many, many problems resolve when reinstal the game to resolve any problems.

USA Trucker
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
If you re-install, then you need to de-activate the first installation, if I understand it correctly. This way you don't lose your 3 activation options. You are granted 10 de-activations. Don't confuse this with the 3 ACTIVATIONS!

pook
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I know. But three activation at 3 hardware ID. Hardware remains the same. That does not change.
I just say what helps. Many times I read this advice you solve the problem. But I have no personal experience fills. I do not know what you need to reinstall. But in general, activation of the 3x different hardware ID. Of hardware remains the same here ...

USA Trucker
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I know. But three activation at 3 hardware ID. Hardware remains the same. That does not change.
I just say what helps. Many times I read this advice you solve the problem. But I have no personal experience fills. I do not know what you need to reinstall. But in general, activation of the 3x different hardware ID. Of hardware remains the same here ...

Yes, but I would hate to have him find out the hard way. Better safe then sorry. I would rather blow 1 of 10 de-activations, then 1 of 3 ACTIVATIONS. That's jus how I would do it.

pook
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes, but I would hate to have him find out the hard way. Better safe then sorry. I would rather blow 1 of 10 de-activations, then 1 of 3 ACTIVATIONS. That's jus how I would do it.

I understand. I would also wondering if I risk it. I just found this, it solves problems of the Russians:) But it seems to me that 90% efficiency reinstall.
This is a problem. Moderators are silent now. Extolling the game can do well. But how is the information you need to do and how it works activation, it is silent. Here are the shit. As puppets positive ad and how the problem quietly. grrrr And although advises the nonsense that has no logic. such advice "" "" check DirectX, new drivers etc. "" "" And it is always a problem with the game. lol

=XIII=Shea
04-20-2010, 09:52 PM
hi guys i was wondering how do i zoom in on the map so i can see the intersections better?also will there be any new patch,s comming out for RNR?

USA Trucker
04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
hi guys i was wondering how do i zoom in on the map so i can see the intersections better?also will there be any new patch,s comming out for RNR?

Don't you have a munual?? I'm begining to wonder if you have a legitimate copy. This is in the manual. So, forgive me if I don't tell you at the moment. You ask a lot of questions that are in the manual. Did you get the manual? It's in your RnR directory.

Swift84
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
i am having the same issues where the road is gone and you fall thru the map in l.a. in story mode. also everytime i finish the first mission it crashes and wants to send an error report. also happens in single delivery but not as often. i have tried the "hotfix" and it does nothing. my specs are: nvidia 9500 gt, amd dual core processer, 2 gigs of ram, windows xp sp3, direct x9. anyone else having these problems?

USA Trucker
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM
i am having the same issues where the road is gone and you fall thru the map in l.a. in story mode. also everytime i finish the first mission it crashes and wants to send an error report. also happens in single delivery but not as often. i have tried the "hotfix" and it does nothing. my specs are: nvidia 9500 gt, amd dual core processer, 2 gigs of ram, windows xp sp3, direct x9. anyone else having these problems?

It does not list it on Impulse, but you need at least 4 gigs of ram to run this game properly. Also check to see if your processor meets the required specs.

gg14870
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
The game states that the minimum requirements are 1 gigabyte of RAM. I have 2.5 and it seems that the game needs more. Is it because of the major memory leakage that is supposedly being fixed in the patch? Does anyone think that the game would require less after the patch?

=XIII=Shea
04-20-2010, 11:55 PM
yes i do have a legit copy i got it off yuplay,i didnt see it in my install directory

USA Trucker
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
yes i do have a legit copy i got it off yuplay,i didnt see it in my install directory

Go to your 1C directory (most likely in your C Drive under program files). Click on RingnRoll. Check the files to your left, and you will see the manual in PDF format. Do you have Adobe PDF? You need this to read it. Adobe PDF is free everywhere.

=XIII=Shea
04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Ah yes thanks m8 i not one to read the manual and i totally forgot about it:-|
i see now ctrl+tab,thanks for the help,also m8 will the siren mod that is for the cop cars does this work on the english version?hopefully more mods come out for it:)

USA Trucker
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Ah yes thanks m8 i not one to read the manual and i totally forgot about it:-|
i see now ctrl+tab,thanks for the help,also m8 will the siren mod that is for the cop cars does this work on the english version?hopefully more mods come out for it:)

I really don't play around with mods, unless I have a need to. So, I couldn't answer that.

Swift84
04-21-2010, 07:23 PM
well im glad it did a system requirements check when i installed and it said everything i have in my system was enough. also says right on the site i bought it from that 2 gigs of ram is enough. so how do i run this game if i have xp since that OS only uses 3.5 gigs of ram? it would have been nice to know that my pc did not meet minimum system requirements before i spent my hard earned money on this product. i will be upgrading my system soon to a quad core and 4 gigs of ram. if it still dont work right, i will never buy another game made by this company. i will make it a point to tell everyone its not worth it. i should just because of false advertisement alone. i mean for being delayed 7 years for a release, this stuff should have been known. also, as far as gameplay goes, from what i have been able to play before it crashes is not that great. i have 18 wos haulin as well and i have to say i think that game is better. the cities are all bland and the same but with the mods i have in that game the trucks look better, better truck physics. exept the overpowered jake break that virtually stops you on a dime. the trailer does what a real trailer would. even the weather and traffic are better. if 18 wos haulin had a multiplayer option i wouldnt be here right now. now compare how long each manufacturer had to complete their games. how is it that valusoft can work on a game for 2-3 years and put a game out that is 10 times as good and it took these guys almost 8 years to put out? unless we see a patch very soon, i will be asking for a refund.

P.S. i hate the constant racing, us drivers/enthusiasts want a truck sim! not an arcade game.

This could have all been avoided by releasing a BETA test! i guess when all else fails, use your head! :P

USA Trucker
04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
The game states that the minimum requirements are 1 gigabyte of RAM. I have 2.5 and it seems that the game needs more. Is it because of the major memory leakage that is supposedly being fixed in the patch? Does anyone think that the game would require less after the patch?

1gb ram is just the minimal. 2gb ram is recommended on Impulse, and probably others. I have seen it run on 2gb ram, but that even falls short. I personally recommend 4gb ram to make it run smoothly (English version). I can't speak for other versions.

gg14870
04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Could it be, since so many people are having so many different kinds of problems, that the problems are not game related. I have heard many times on this forum about corrupt files. Could the problems be installation related and people just have to keep downloading it until the amount of problems is bearable?

USA Trucker
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Could it be, since so many people are having so many different kinds of problems, that the problems are not game related. I have heard many times on this forum about corrupt files. Could the problems be installation related and people just have to keep downloading it until the amount of problems is bearable?

I thought you were done, and over buy now. Everybody here, especially me has tried to help, and you keep coming back asking for the most part the same question, in different ways. PLEASE, contact your downloading provider, where you purchased RnR from. They are better equipped to handle your problem then we are. Stop being a pest! What more do you want from us?! From asking for a refund, to trying to aid you with your malfunctions, I have done all that I could, along with others.

gg14870
04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I have!I have sent to emails to 1C and waited a week to no avail. They do not answer me. So the only way for information is this forum. I am sorry if I have been "a pest" but I an desperately trying to figuer this game out and get answers if I can not return it. Once more, I apologize.

Blackop2
05-09-2010, 06:20 AM
I just recently bought the game and ive only been aggervated about the performance and collision issues between cars/trucks.

Ignoring the collision issues and fixing the performance i have enjoyed the game so far. It reminds me everything of hard truck.(I played it when i was about.. 10 or 11 and recently got back into it to find out this existed(I'm 16))

Enough rambling. Anyway i have:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire T180
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1696MB used, 2398MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
====================================
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
Display Memory: 1267 MB
Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I have been lagging since i got it even on low settings at max res.

I lowered my res to 1280×800, and put ALL the graphics settings to max + 4x AA.(wont go higher?)
In the Nvidia control panel i edited the way it ran with these settings:
==================================================
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1792/setings.png

The game runs smooth and looks good.

(I hope this is in the right section and i don't know if i should have made a new thread :P)

kennyb87
05-09-2010, 06:59 AM
I just recently bought the game and ive only been aggervated about the performance and collision issues between cars/trucks.

Ignoring the collision issues and fixing the performance i have enjoyed the game so far. It reminds me everything of hard truck.(I played it when i was about.. 10 or 11 and recently got back into it to find out this existed(I'm 16))

I lowered my res to 1280×800, and put ALL the graphics settings to max + 4x AA.(wont go higher?)

(I hope this is in the right section and i don't know if i should have made a new thread :P)

I've never played around with those settings in the Nvidia panel but mine are different than yours but I may have to try those settings you posted I'm on an old 8800GTS

SuperToast
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, what Nvidia card do you have? I get an average of 25 fps in this game with a 9800 GTX+ :( but I have my graphics and sound settings maxed. I'll play around with the Nvidia Control Panel to see if I can get smoother gameplay.

Blackop2
05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, what Nvidia card do you have? I get an average of 25 fps in this game with a 9800 GTX+ :( but I have my graphics and sound settings maxed. I'll play around with the Nvidia Control Panel to see if I can get smoother gameplay.

Oh and does anyone know how to run this in windowed?

I don't know what FPS i get but the game is playable and smooth and thats all i care about :D

Cabover
05-31-2010, 02:15 AM
actualy it runs good but i noticed that when there alot of bridges i lag very hard i think its because there alot of traffic on the roads so as far as i know it the traffics causing it. But in the menu it still laggs :(

centy2010
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Maybe this can help

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

matt1314
05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone.

Last time I played R'n'R everything was fine. But when I upgraded my truck once with some new parts, the wipers started not to work. I press the button for the wipers, but they don't respond to my command and I can't turn them on. And later, when I upgraded my truck again with a navigation system etc. I couldn't turn off the headlights (because it was nighttime when I upgraded it), so they stay always on. Is there any solution for that??? What's going wrong here? :(

Thanks in advance.

kennyb87
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
You have the light and rain sensors fitted now so they only come on when it's raining or dark

matt1314
06-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot, it works now. ;)

Cabover
06-03-2010, 04:33 AM
which one? would help?

centy2010
06-03-2010, 05:26 AM
If you give someone a fish, you feed him for one day.
If you learn someone to fish,....

This sites is very simple to use. The page link I gived is the download page. There you have Forceware drivers for every Nvidia Gfx cards on all OS windows family. (Official Nvidia drivers)

Every link to a driver gives you an explanation about the driver you've selected. (Gfx cards supported...)

Omega drivers are Forceware drivers modified you can download them at your own risk but they are built to be more compatible.

That's it... now you can go and make your selection

cschrille
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey guys my friend just bought Rig n Roll and when we play it there are no wheels,steering wheel or dashboard on the trucks.How can we fix this please help! He bought the german game (none of us speak german -.-) but his pc is broken so we played it on mine.
here are the specs if needed.
Windows vista ultimate 64bit
HD 4870
3.01 ghz amd phenom 9950 quad core
4gb ram
german RnR.

Please help us!:)

Dnkiwi
06-13-2010, 11:57 PM
what version of RnR are u using at current and have u installed all updates and patch as this may help but failing that i would reccomend you contact the support team for the site you brought it from or the 1c support team

centy2010
06-14-2010, 06:51 AM
There is no German version of the game as far as I know...

kennyb87
06-14-2010, 08:46 AM
German is out. There are videos on youtube of the game in action, german subtitles but english voice

USA Trucker
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey guys my friend just bought Rig n Roll and when we play it there are no wheels,steering wheel or dashboard on the trucks.How can we fix this please help! He bought the german game (none of us speak german -.-) but his pc is broken so we played it on mine.
here are the specs if needed.
Windows vista ultimate 64bit
HD 4870
3.01 ghz amd phenom 9950 quad core
4gb ram
german RnR.

Please help us!:)

I am a little confused. So, let me make sure I got this correct. Neither one of you speak German. You appear to have command of the English language. The game is out in English, German, Russian, and possibly others, but you purchased the German version. Why?

I would contact your DSP, and tell them you made a mistake (unless this was your intention), and wish to exchange the German version for the English one. Most reputable company's will honor your request. This would make your gaming experience much more pleasurable. Also make sure you have the latest 'HotFix' installed. You can find the 'HotFix' Here. (http://www.1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe) What video card do you have? You didn't list it in your specs.

movo.
06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11490

That's your problem. Disable Adaptive AA in Catalyst Center.

cschrille
06-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Movo:Thanks i will try it tomorrow and let u know if it works!
USA Trucker: As i stated before I didnt buy it my friend did and he bought it from some random low budget online store for $10 Btw i did say which vid card i had "HD 4870" ;)

Thank you for your help

USA Trucker
06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Movo:Thanks i will try it tomorrow and let u know if it works!
USA Trucker: As i stated before I didnt buy it my friend did and he bought it from some random low budget online store for $10 Btw i did say which vid card i had "HD 4870" ;)

Thank you for your help

I am not familiar with HD 4870. Most people generally would put...

Video Card - HD 4870.

Sorry for the confusion. I also realize that you didn't buy it, but you stated in your post that neither one of you speak German. So, I was just curious as to why he purchased the German version when the English version is out. No insult intended.

cschrille
06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Well it was because of the price (10 bucks) and the english version costed around 20 for what reason i dont know.And THANK YOU VERY MUCH movo!!!

movo.
06-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Well it was because of the price (10 bucks) and the english version costed around 20 for what reason i dont know.And THANK YOU VERY MUCH movo!!!

No problem. Hopefully they will fix it soon. ;)

Pumizo
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi,

I'm testing the game for the first time and everything seems to work fine except there's no AI Traffic on the roads.

The only things I can see moving are the Police Cars and few (very few) Trucks.
Any advice?

My Game:
English Version 3.0.0.2667

My PC specs:
P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 (512MB)

USA Trucker
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi,

I'm testing the game for the first time and everything seems to work fine except there's no AI Traffic on the roads.

The only things I can see moving are the Police Cars and few (very few) Trucks.
Any advice?

My Game:
English Version 3.0.0.2667

My PC specs:
P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 (512MB)

I would get at least 2GB more Ram. Also try the to install the 'HotFix' (http://www.1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe). Your Radeon HD seems to be borderline.

Pumizo
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
As I mentioned in my post my game is the last version (3.0.1.2667)

Also, borderline?
I see in the game minimum specs: 1GB of RAM and 128 Mb graphic card...

USA Trucker
07-08-2010, 09:51 PM
As I mentioned in my post my game is the last version (3.0.1.2667)

Also, borderline?
I see in the game minimum specs: 1GB of RAM and 128 Mb graphic card...

Disregard the "Minimal Requirements". They are inaccurate.

Pumizo
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Disregard the "Minimal Requirements". They are inaccurate.
Good marketing strategy and questionable legal attitude... :confused:

USA Trucker
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Good marketing strategy and questionable legal attitude... :confused:

Hey, I didn't create it. I'm just pointing out the errors in it. I don't work for 1C, or Rig 'N' Roll. Don't shoot the messenger.

Melkor
07-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Did you check game options to make sure AI Traffic is enabled?

Pumizo
07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you very much for your help Melkor.
The game has the AI Traffic disabled after installation.

And there's nothing wrong with my PC specs. The game runs pretty fine with them.

Melkor
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
No problem, i had the same problem when i had to re-install do to my pc crashing and now i have to re-do campaign and regain my franchise D:

SiberianTiger
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
How to run this game on Windows 7 ?

USA Trucker
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
How to run this game on Windows 7 ?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

What exactly is the problem? Also list your computer specs, and where you got the game.

SiberianTiger
07-16-2010, 06:49 AM

What exactly is the problem? Also list your computer specs, and where you got the game.

PC:

CPU - AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition
MainBoard - MSI K9A2 Platinum
VGA: 8400 GS (i know... it sucks)
PSU: ModeCom Carbon 620W
HDD: WD Caviar 500 Gb
Mem: 4 x 1024 DDR2 OCz Titanum

Problem:

"Your computer does not have graphics accelerator"

This information appears when i start the game.

I have oryginal game vr. 1.3 (I bought it a week ago)

Lolsmurf
07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
G card

SiberianTiger
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Lolsmurf;170224]G card[/QUOTE

Nvidia = bleeeeee

ATI = HELL YEA ?

ok :-)

Thanks a lot :-)

Cheers ! S.Tiger

fvcrazytrain
07-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I am using the keyboard to play the game since i dont owe a controller or wheel. After the playing the game for 1 hour or longer, my brakes no longer works at all. Pressing the down key does not slow me down it just lights up my brake lights on the trailer. the only way how i can stop is by using the parking brake and killing the engine. Anyone know how i can resolve this issue?

cdawg
07-25-2010, 05:54 PM
you have to go to the repair shop and repair your brakes....if you use them to much they wear out and fail....

USA Trucker
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM
It's also very helpful to use the Engine Brake (Jake Brake) when you get it, to save on the hydraulic brakes. Also don't slam on the brakes. A gentle repeating tap will slow down your truck effectively enough.

M76
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
This is how it is, belive it or not.

I brought the game about 5 weeks ago, I played for two weeks maybe 2-3 hours/ day, and for the entire duration I had no rain at all, it was always sunny everywhere.

For reasons known I fed up with the game and stopped playing for 3 weeks. Yesterday I decided to continue, and the strangest thing happened: A few hours into the game It started raining! And it continues to do so. Now I played about 6-8 hours straight since yesterday and it wouldn't stop raining. When I was passing through colfax it switched to snow for a few minutes then back to rain.

This is ridicilous, is the game rigged to 30 days of sunshine then 30 days of rain or what?

SuperToast
07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah the tires and brakes wear down wayyyy too quickly. Repairing them and using them sparingly (for brakes, tap like USA said and for tires, dont make any erratic turns) will help make them last.

hert
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I have had the same problem too. I traveled up to San Jose to get the cockfight trailer and it started to rain. Now it doesnt matter where Iam its raining everywhere. I even looked at the forecast and it says it was sunny in L.A. where I was but it was still raining.

Bug?

mark39
08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
ok wondered if anyone else have this problem or if it just might be me,its happened a couple of times now and what it is when i get a call for a job i press "Y" to accept but nothing happens and then it just auto declines in 10 secs,this is really annoying me because i have to quit out of the game then reload from my last save,its not my config because i know its set to "Y" for yes and "N" for no but no matter how many times i hit the Y button it does nothing....:confused:

specs;

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Model: R580/R590
BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore(tm) NB Version 11JB.M044.20100622.hkk
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3444MB RAM

ok not sure if this a bug or not but i decided to turn off the ai completely because i was fed up with them hitting me and i ended up getting the fine,so there i am driving along no traffic anywhere except the odd truck and sometimes a cop car,so im just driving and the next thing i know is im being chased by the police so i pull over and get hit with a fine which says i interfered with another vehicle through a lane change,damaging the vehicle and to top it off causing damage to the cop car wtf.....:o

maybe its just me but doesnt that seem strange considering i turned the ai traffic off....:confused:

Gearjammer
08-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I have had the same problem too. I traveled up to San Jose to get the cockfight trailer and it started to rain. Now it doesnt matter where Iam its raining everywhere. I even looked at the forecast and it says it was sunny in L.A. where I was but it was still raining.

Bug?

Ok, weird. I had drippings when around Oxnard and such. Went up the mountain to Bishop and got heavy rain. Game also BSOD (blue screen) after some painful slow mileage done.... sux!
evidently related. sux!

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
ok not sure if this a bug or not but i decided to turn off the ai completely because i was fed up with them hitting me and i ended up getting the fine,so there i am driving along no traffic anywhere except the odd truck and sometimes a cop car,so im just driving and the next thing i know is im being chased by the police so i pull over and get hit with a fine which says i interfered with another vehicle through a lane change,damaging the vehicle and to top it off causing damage to the cop car wtf.....:o

maybe its just me but doesnt that seem strange considering i turned the ai traffic off....:confused:

Interesting..... Must have been cloaked. Wait! The Klingon's are here! :lol:

Patrick
08-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I have!I have sent to emails to 1C and waited a week to no avail. They do not answer me. So the only way for information is this forum. I am sorry if I have been "a pest" but I an desperately trying to figuer this game out and get answers if I can not return it. Once more, I apologize.

Did you buy and download it with Digital River. Because I have BAD experience with it. I bought 18 wos ET with it. And I try to find a solution with any kind of support but I i get 0 support.

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Did you buy and download it with Digital River. Because I have BAD experience with it. I bought 18 wos ET with it. And I try to find a solution with any kind of support but I i get 0 support.

As he indicated, he purchased & downloaded through 1C that has their own download program, and I don't believe they use Digital River. Why are you bringing up a 4 month old dead issue?

Scuba Steve
09-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I recently downloaded the game off this website (1cPublishing) about a week ago. I am in story mode, and while trying to get a load from a warehouse it keeps telling me to go back to the warehouse, there are no active loads or anything going on when it says this. Pretty much impossible to play because it freezes if you try to reenter the warehouse. Ive tried downloading it and reinstalling it twice now, and I guess the patch is installed because it wont let me install it into the game but the patch fix is the problem im having. Anyone else having the same problem, seems like a major bug in the game I downloaded.:evil:

Lolsmurf
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Lolsmurf;170224]G card[/QUOTE

Nvidia = bleeeeee

ATI = HELL YEA ?

ok :-)

Thanks a lot :-)

Cheers ! S.Tiger

Hmm not exactly, Nvidia just released their 460GTX and it is better, makes less noise and uses less power than it's price brothers, it is the best quality/price card of the moment...

hofer
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
When having finished a job suddenly the gps tells me a route, but not a destination, I could not find any further details in the organizer and I could not stop the job. What is wrong? One further information: I have a windows 7 sony vaio notebook, which fulfills all the system requirements.
Please help, I am totally frustrated!
thanks, Hofer

Kibble
09-16-2010, 08:07 PM
hey all, i was wonderinmg if you could help me. i recently reformated my pc but didnt back up rig'n'roll isnstall, but backed up savegames etc. can i re downoad rig'n'roll? also i got the game on get games.

USA Trucker
09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
hey all, i was wonderinmg if you could help me. i recently reformated my pc but didnt back up rig'n'roll isnstall, but backed up savegames etc. can i re downoad rig'n'roll? also i got the game on get games.

That is a question that you have to ask the company you purchased it from. Myself, I don't see a problem with re-downloading it. I've done it a few times, but that depends on whom you purchased it from.

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 10:43 AM
some textures have a strange look. is this normal? (watch the rear of the trailer)

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 11:59 AM
some textures have a strange look. is this normal? (watch the rear of the trailer)

I have seen this too. It went away when I pressed ESC, and returned to the game. Just a little glitch, and I don't see it a lot. Maybe two, or three times.

rhyscoombs
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
So I downloaded the game because it was on offer. My PC far outstrips the minimum requirements so I was under this impression everything would be fine. However, upon completion of installation and attempting to run the game, it simply gave me a windows message that 'Rig'n'Roll has stopped working' (i.e. execution failure)

Any hints? Steam don't do refunds so will be quite annoyed if this doesn't work!

PC Specs:
Microsoft Vista Basic SP 2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz
2GB Ram
ATi Radeon X1300/X1550 (256mb) GFX Card
DX9+ Games also running on sound card (EG Crysis)
Plenty of HD Space (15+ GB after installation)

USA Trucker
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
So I downloaded the game because it was on offer. My PC far outstrips the minimum requirements so I was under this impression everything would be fine. However, upon completion of installation and attempting to run the game, it simply gave me a windows message that 'Rig'n'Roll has stopped working' (i.e. execution failure)

Any hints? Steam don't do refunds so will be quite annoyed if this doesn't work!

PC Specs:
Microsoft Vista Basic SP 2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz
2GB Ram
ATi Radeon X1300/X1550 (256mb) GFX Card
DX9+ Games also running on sound card (EG Crysis)
Plenty of HD Space (15+ GB after installation)

I got mine through Impulse, and had the same issue. So I re-installed it, and all went well.

Also don't be fooled by Steams (or any other download provider) refund policy. Steam has to abide by Federal, State, and other International Refund Laws. I did it more then once with them. We can continue this portion of your problem via PM.

Phyco
12-19-2010, 01:18 AM
I pulled up to gas station to get some gas and now game keeps looping.
pay for fuel I get back into truck then screen goes to truck pulling up to bowser and keeps doing this even when i pay, cancel or escape.
truck needs fuel so looks like im buggered.:confused:

Have now tried a different Gas Station and the same thing LOOP LOOP LOOP LOOP

USA Trucker
12-19-2010, 08:53 AM

If your problem is not listed please put here. Do not create a new thread. If the problem is reported enough I will create one. Also, when listing a problem, please list your computer specs.

CPU & Speed
Ram
Graphics Card
Op. System

This will aid us to help you further.

Mephic
03-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi

First of all I'm sorry I'm creating this thread here, not in the technical section, but as I can see people browse only this part of forum.

I love your game. Really. Maybe it's not as cute as German Truck Simulator, or it lacks a few things, but still there is something in it.

I have a huge problem when playing it tho...

My specs:

Proc: AMD Phenom II X3 2,8 GHz/overclocked to 3,6 GHz
GPU: GTX 560 1 GB
Ram: OCZ Technology 2x2 GB
HDD: Samsung Spin Point F1 500 GB
Power Supply: Corsair 750W

...and my game stutters. No matter what will I do, no matter what options will I change it still stutters. This is ridiculous. It happens especially at night, during the day it's playable. Please help me, I don't know what can I do with it...

I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at full settings, no problem, same goes for Crysis, Crysis Warhead - those are much more demanding games! I bought the game today in Poland, it's a patched version, so what's wrong with it? :(

USA Trucker
03-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Are we talking about audio, video frame-rate, or a combination of both?

Truckerguy82
07-12-2013, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcR1NRKElBc&feature=youtu.be

I've tryed a uninstall and a clean reinstall and same thing.... Not sure what it is?

USA Trucker
07-12-2013, 02:41 AM
It's a first for me. I have no idea why you're getting this. :eek:

Truckerguy82
07-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeah no do i :( i really love this game but that noise is anyoing

Well im restoreing my computer back to brand new to see if that solves it