PDA

View Full Version : Hardware & Installation Issues

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
This is the place to discuss problems concerning hardware.

Daniello1993
02-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi all ,when I installing the game ,three times shows a message ,about 3 corrupted files :
X:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\video\mainmenuvideo.bik
X:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\Wav\MOTORS\MackAC330\high_f ree.wav
X:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\Wav\MOTORS\MackAC330\med_fu ll.wav
And I 3 times click ignore. The question is can someone upload these files.
Sorry for my bad English.

chosenvessel33
03-09-2010, 02:46 AM
IDK because I didn't get that message. I first downloaded from 1C Company and i had to download BIN files, which didn't work for me. So, I went to another company called yuPlay. Same game(not pirated) costs 17 bucks plus tax. It uses the website downloader to download to your computer. Either that or it uses uTorrent. Sorry for your problems, as I know you are frustrated if you paid for it. Hope this helps!

andyfromdk
04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I bought the game from 1C (bin files!) and now it says that the files is corrupted!!!!!!!! What am i going to do!!?? I have already spent money on it, and im not going to buy it again! If i don't get some software that works i will! Just be nice and tell me what to do:o

Greetings
Andyfromdk

USA Trucker
04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I bought the game from 1C (bin files!) and now it says that the files is fuc**** corrupted!!!!!!!! What am i going to do!!?? I have already spent money on it, and im not going to fuc**** buy it again! If i don't get some fuc**** software that works i will fuc*** **********''''**''********'****! Just be nice and tell me what to do:o

Greetings
Andyfromdk

One must ask nicely to be given assistance nicely. You only have 1 posting, and this is not a good way to introduce yourself.:shock:

obsolum
04-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Agreed. As frustrating as this may be for you, you generally won't get much help if you make posts like that. Don't 1C have some sort of customer support for stuff like this?

pook
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi all ,when I installing the game ,three times shows a message ,about 3 corrupted files :
X:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\video\mainmenuvideo.bik
And I 3 times click ignore. The question is can someone upload these files.
Sorry for my bad English.

X:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\Data\video\mainmenuvideo.bik = The video is running as a background game menu.
If you're injured, you can choose another.
X. .. \ RigNRoll \ Data \ Video
There is an old unused video BIK. For example intro_old. This video is broken and you can rename it to mainmenuvideo.bik and will function in the menu instead of the corrupted file. Resolution is different. Not an aesthetic problem but it is not. Backup your original video folder. For sure

This is the sound of the engine. if you're injured, you not hear these sounds for this type of engine. You can download and install a modification of the engine sounds in RNR. Not the best, but it's better than the original!!! (As i hear the turbo in this modification)
http://www.filefront.com/15337817/RignRoll_Enginesounds.zip/
installation X...\RigNRoll\Data\Wav

Your corrupted files will all be replaced by the modification of sounds;)

USA Trucker
04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I never willl help him. He requested a nice response, but his question was anything but nice. How could people be like that? Treat you like crap, and ask for honey.

HDTrucker
05-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I downloaded that damn patch.....i downloaded it because it would not let me start any new mission kept saying that i had a mission in progress or something like that....so i downloaded it and now everytime i try to go pull into the Oxnard yard it crashes......what the hell im pissed off about it

GinXeng
05-04-2010, 02:25 AM
They said to start a new game when you patch, the saved game might not work.

bubblesjs
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
hi all, im finally downloading the english version right at this very moment, but the problem is, is that im not at my house. im downloading it at my grandparents' house because i currently do not have an internet connection where i live at the moment. will i still be able to install the game on my own computer at my house? and by the way i will be burning it to a disk so i can take it home with me :).
also, do i have to download the patch for the english version?

Sneaksie
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
The game must be activated using the activation server after installation, so in your case it will be more complicated and not fully automatic.
First of all, download the hotfix too (if you bought the game on Impulse, you don't need it though).
After installation on your offline PC, install the hotfix. Run the game and it will ask about your serial number.
1) Enter it, but the activation process will fail (since you don't have an Internet connection there), choose that you want to activate the game the other way.
2) Write down the generated hardware code (NOTE: it will become obsolete next day) and your serial number and go to your grandparents house or any other place with Internet connection. You may also use your smartphone to go online if you have it.
3) Navigate to http://www.1cpublishing.eu/support/activation and enter both your serial number and hardware code there. Click 'Activate'.
4) Activation server will return the activation code. Write it down too, and you'll be able to activate the game on your offline PC using it.

bubblesjs
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok thanks for that

Se7en
05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
What the heck is with you guys. IDK what the problem you have with those *.bin files. I bought it off the 1C store and downloaded all of the bin and other files, and installed w/o problems. No corrupt files, no nothing.

Cheers, Se7en

charlytos
05-22-2010, 04:53 PM
The next questions:

* How many times can download files of game after to have payed its value if I lose the first files?

* 1C website requires ID and password, the ID and password used in 1C forum can be used for 1C website acquiring game?

* Using Pay pal mode pay, can send transference money from my bank to acquire one game?

Hope any possible answer over these 3 questions, thanks!...

Excalibur688
05-28-2010, 06:46 AM
The next questions:

* How many times can download files of game after to have payed its value if I lose the first files?

* 1C website requires ID and password, the ID and password used in 1C forum can be used for 1C website acquiring game?

* Using Pay pal mode pay, can send transference money from my bank to acquire one game?

Hope any possible answer over these 3 questions, thanks!...

*I actually had to re download 3 of the bin files again so I assume it is probably endless as long as the downloader still see's them

*I dont remember a user/pass being used but then again I have slept and drank a lil whiskey since then.

* do not know the answer from experience as I used a credit card I have specifically for internet purchases. Sorry

charlytos
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Excalibur to answer clarifing my 3 questions. Please if you use English game version patched, answered me this questions, over if same fix those mentioned problems:

1) AI opponents never stop on gas stations to take fuel.

2) Time delivery a few short, simple level game

3) Any ground and textures dissapear in any zone roads!

centy2010
06-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if all the threads I see concerning graphics problem/crash ... are related to CPU.

My questions are : Do you have any issue with the game ? and what's your CPU make ?

Magnus Vanguard
06-01-2010, 04:26 AM
As of 2009 there were only a few companies writing games for duel Processor systems so if you are having trouble with your game and can't find any logical answer then try this.
(note Dont forget to turn off any resourse hogging programs before hand)
Goto: TaskManager/Processes/YourGame.exe/
Then: Right click on your game and set the Affinity to run on 1 processor

VioTruck
08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
hi,

my system is Amd Barton 2500+, Nvidia 7300 GT, 1 Gb DDR2.

i had russian version and i played ok even of hard understanding of texts.
now with english version i cant play:
1. some parts of LA roads freeze and can defrose them only with <ESC> twice;
2. i can enter into garage after 2-3 times trying.

can anyone explain what are differences between those 2 versions?

thx

USA Trucker
08-02-2010, 10:19 AM
hi,

my system is Amd Barton 2500+, Nvidia 7300 GT, 1 Gb DDR2.

i had russian version and i played ok even of hard understanding of texts.
now with english version i cant play:
1. some parts of LA roads freeze and can defrose them only with <ESC> twice;
2. i can enter into garage after 2-3 times trying.

can anyone explain what are differences between those 2 versions?

thx

What CPU speed is you computer?
Did you install the Hotfix?
Where did you purchase it?

VioTruck
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
my AMD is at 1.83 Ghz but i rised it at 2.2 Ghz and nothing, same probs.

what Hotfix?

USA Trucker
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
my AMD is at 1.83 Ghz but i rised it at 2.2 Ghz and nothing, same probs.

what Hotfix?

The Hotfix is located Here (http://www.1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe)

However, your computer is still too slow. You need at the very least 2.4GHz.

VioTruck
08-03-2010, 04:15 AM
sorru, i dont think is about orocessor speed (i play on my son computer at 1.8 Ghz, E4300 and work well), and as i told russian version was playable on AMD 2500+.
i have this hotfix.

USA Trucker
08-03-2010, 09:34 AM
sorru, i dont think is about orocessor speed (i play on my son computer at 1.8 Ghz, E4300 and work well), and as i told russian version was playable on AMD 2500+.
i have this hotfix.

The Russian & English versions are two different species. The English version demands more speed. Your asking a question, and I'm giving you the answer. Your sons computer may have something different in it that gets it to work. Generally there is no way this game will run on less then 2.4GHz., and people have problems with that. If your having problems, then this is the main cause.

VioTruck
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
ok, thx for your answer.

shad143
08-17-2010, 10:09 PM
:confused:I cant play the game i install it and i install the hot fix thing and uppdate windows i did eerything but the runtime error pop uppp and doesnt leett me pplaay plase help and i download the game i am sry

mark39
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
:confused:I cant play the game i install it and i install the hot fix thing and uppdate windows i did eerything but the runtime error pop uppp and doesnt leett me pplaay plase help and i download the game i am sry

can you post your pc specs so that someone will be able to help you with this problem..:)

jestertac
08-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Just downloaded the game from steam ... English version. Game runs a little on the slow side. Gets really choppy during the menu stuff and at times while in game. Dont know how to download the hotfix because it says I dont have rig n roll on my computer. Not sure what to do. Have a 2.4 chip and a geforce 210 card.

Sneaksie
08-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Hotfix is already included in the Steam version. Choppiness in menu may be caused by high hard drive fragmentaion level - the game plays video from it in the menu, try to defragment your hard drive.

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Just downloaded the game from steam ... English version. Game runs a little on the slow side. Gets really choppy during the menu stuff and at times while in game. Dont know how to download the hotfix because it says I dont have rig n roll on my computer. Not sure what to do. Have a 2.4 chip and a geforce 210 card.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Also, how much Ram do you have? The game says 2GB Ram, but I find it runs much smoother on 4GB+. Your 2.4 CPU chip is running at the minimal requirements, so you will see some sluggishness in the game.

jestertac
08-26-2010, 05:14 AM
I have 3 mb of ram, but I think the hard drive is on its way out so that my be it. Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated. Like the game so far though...

UKRaider
09-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi guys,

We bought this game on DVD for our son, but when we try to run it I get the activation screen which asks for a serial number.

I've tried typing in the code on a sticker in the DVD case marked as Rig 'N' Roll Key but keep getting told that there is an error. I've tried the Key with and without dashes, spaces instead of dashes and spaces around the dashes, but still get the same error.

My only conclusion is that this is the wrong code, but I can't find another code anywhere.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

UKRaider

USA Trucker
09-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi guys,

We bought this game on DVD for our son, but when we try to run it I get the activation screen which asks for a serial number.

I've tried typing in the code on a sticker in the DVD case marked as Rig 'N' Roll Key but keep getting told that there is an error. I've tried the Key with and without dashes, spaces instead of dashes and spaces around the dashes, but still get the same error.

My only conclusion is that this is the wrong code, but I can't find another code anywhere.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

UKRaider

Apparently you got a defective DVD, or an incorrect key code. So I would return it for an even exchange. I hope you kept the receipt. Also, if it has letters in the key code they are case sensitive. Try that before returning it.

Hope this help.

UKRaider
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
I'll give the caps lock a try, although they seemed to be showing up as caps when I typed them in.

Will report back to see if that solved the issue.

USA Trucker
09-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll give the caps lock a try, although they seemed to be showing up as caps when I typed them in.

Will report back to see if that solved the issue.

Good luck in either case.

4x4lover
01-12-2011, 04:41 AM
As the title says i have a problem. But i know what caused it somthing messed up in the downloader although i never posted it here before because it never caused me a problem so can someone give me the oakland folder adn tell me where to put it?

USA Trucker
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
As the title says i have a problem. But i know what caused it somthing messed up in the downloader although i never posted it here before because it never caused me a problem so can someone give me the oakland folder adn tell me where to put it?

If you have a legit game, why don't you just re-download/re-install it like everyone else:?: This sounds suspicious to me. People that request things of this nature usually have a pirated copy, and if so will be banned from the forum, along with anyone assisting in the aid of piracy.

This is my only fair warning.

EMT103
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
I recently purchased Rig N Roll for my new lap top. It was one where i buy it online and download it straight to my computer. Since i did it that way it still requires and activation code. Well i have no activation code with the purchase that i made. I have no idea how to find the code or what to do since i cannot play the game without the activation code. Somone please help me.

USA Trucker
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM

It would be helpful if you let us know where you downloaded it from. I'm sure this would be a problem you should address to their customer support, or sales department. Unless of course you purchased it with 1C, then we can assist you. However, most give you an activation code via E-Mail. Be sure to check your junk mail as many forget to do when downloading a new game.

bjorn324
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
You could also take a look on the site at your delivery status or something like my buys.

Than you see your game with a serial next to it. That should be you activation code.

lazzae18
12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Basically i cant even run the installation process because as soon as i hit install i get this error "ShellExecuteEx failed, Code 2

System cannot find the file specified"

My SYstem info :

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4.8 4.7
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 4.9
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series 4.7
Gaming graphics 2287 MB Total available graphics memory 5.9
Primary hard disk 7GB Free (49GB Total) 5.4
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
Total available graphics memory 2287 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1775 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.920.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

PLEASE lemme know if theres a solution for this error. I love thiiiis GAME !

kennyb87
12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I googled this the error seems it may be as simple as running in administrator mode http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/error-shellexecuteex-failedcode-2-when-installing/17b5c287-da94-44ba-8b41-8ffba76ba9af

Keevo45
03-14-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm having trouble with RNR. THey're asking for a HWID code and I don't know what code their loking for?

USA Trucker
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. ;)

Where did you download the game from?

It is most likely a keycode they are looking for that should have came with your download purchase. If you got the DVD version, then it should be listed in the DVD case, or manual. I know of no other codes that this game would ask you for.