PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Audio & Sound Track.

blazzingxx
11-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I was searching for any information about Rig'n' Roll Soundtrack.
But in the end I found this forum, maybe someone could answer it?
Probably everyone waiting for Second Aria's Soundtrack composition.

Some appeared questions:

Will there be some new Aria's instrumental songs?
How many them, genre? Metal?
If it's possible, duration of all soundtrack songs?

I say that's all ;)

I would be grateful for answers.

Ps: sorry if there is that sort of tread.

Freak Of Nature
11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I was searching for any information about Rig'n' Roll Soundtrack.
But in the end I found this forum, maybe someone could answer it?
Probably everyone waiting for Second Aria's Soundtrack composition.

Some appeared questions:

Will there be some new Aria's instrumental songs?
How many them, genre? Metal?
If it's possible, duration of all soundtrack songs?

I say that's all ;)

I would be grateful for answers.

Ps: sorry if there is that sort of tread.
Welcome to our forum, and No there won't be Aria's songs in Rig'n'Roll. The soundtrack for this game was made by foreign compositors. There are about 100 of songs that you will hear. different genre on different locations, for example, if you're going through Los Angeles you will hear more rap on radio, and if you're going somewhere else you will hear pop, country, rock etc :)

blazzingxx
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Thank you. :)
As I thought, radio style.

Still, only instrumentals or with vocals?

Freak Of Nature
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you. :)
As I thought, radio style.

Still, only instrumentals or with vocals?
With vocals :)

mbp
11-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Man, it's awesome. :-P:-

yuhui2009
12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Why is there no dialogue with the voice sounds

digit
12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
You must have it turned off! Try turning it on maybe? I duno if that will help but you could try

yuhui2009
12-06-2009, 12:11 PM
wherever have this option, open ?
However, the sound effects I was fully open

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Here you can discuss problems concerning audio.

bigd
04-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Odd ball question I know, but there's this particular song on one of the radio stations sang by a female, sort of a country music style song but it's not on the Country station but on one of the other stations. I think its the Superhighway station or something.

Lyrics are sorta like this:

Are you ready for the hours and the times, time to take whats yours....
....are you ready to throw it all away

Anybody have a clue of what the name of this song is, and is it a real song or a song produced for the game? I swear it sounds like Martina McBride but I can't seem to find anything on Google that remotely matches the lyrics I typed in.

Thanks

James
04-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Sometimes the audio in the cb works and sometime the sound doesnt. I also get this sometimes with the animated movie takes over.
I have installed the patch for the english version.

Sneaksie
04-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Try selecting another audio device in game options.

USA Trucker
04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Try selecting another audio device in game options.

I refer you to this conversation....http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=157040&postcount=16

It's not an audio device problem. It's just an annoying audio bug in the program.

kennyb87
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Post the radio station that gives you the news I would like to know what is going on more. I think it should work good on the russian version

GinXeng
05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I dont use the radio as I turn it off when I play, but when I have I think its every station that cuts off the music and you hear the news.

USA Trucker
05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Post the radio station that gives you the news I would like to know what is going on more. I think it should work good on the russian version

This may help you. Go into your file that contains your Rig'N'Roll program. Usually it is under "1C" on your C drive in the "Program Files" (Program Files x86 if using Windows 7 64bit). Click "Rignroll", then "Data", then click "FM". There you will see your stations numbered 1-5, and one advertisement station, and one for news (7 in all).

While playing the game keep using the "J" key to switch through the stations until you find something that resembles a "News Broadcast". Don't confuse this with an "Advertisement Station". If this helps, here is what the menu looks like on your computer (or should I say mine with Windows 7):

Click Program Files (or similar).
Click 1C
Click RignRoll
Click Data
Click FM
1_Harsh Radio
2_Dance Trance Radio
3_Radio California
4_SuperHighway Radio
5_Pacific FM
Advert (I assume it means Advertisement)
News

So there are 7 stations to choose from. This may be more detailed then you require, but I thought it would help just the same.:) I am of course assuming you have the English version.

kennyb87
05-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Im on russian still and just am sick of hearing words i dont understand. I have heard you get tips on where loads are and such so would like to take advatage of that instead of missing them all the time

USA Trucker
05-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Im on russian still and just am sick of hearing words i dont understand. I have heard you get tips on where loads are and such so would like to take advatage of that instead of missing them all the time

Well I can't help you there, but as far as the English version is concerned, those kind of hints are very subtle, and for the most part useless. So you're not really missing much. They don't give you where, or when. It really is a hint in the most drastic sense of the word. Most of the time you will get better results from your PDA (F3 Key). This shows a lot of info, and messages that may spark your interest. They usually coincide with the radio to a large degree.

Does this help you better?

Divebomb
05-08-2010, 07:57 AM
all the radio hints for stuff are added to the diary aswell. so if you F3 and look through there you'll find all the missions or stuff that triggers the missions the radio gives hints for

oh I guess this is almost what USA Trucker said aswell

USA Trucker
05-08-2010, 08:03 AM
all the radio hints for stuff are added to the diary aswell. so if you F3 and look through there you'll find all the missions or stuff that triggers the missions the radio gives hints for

oh I guess this is almost what USA Trucker said aswell

Not almost, but exactly.

Divebomb
05-08-2010, 08:27 AM
well no that's not exactly what you said. hehe. I'm talking about just having the radio on and hearing the hints regardless of if you understand them or not will automatically add stuff to the diary either as phone call type triggers or direct missions

USA Trucker
05-08-2010, 08:34 AM
well no that's not exactly what you said. hehe. I'm talking about just having the radio on and hearing the hints regardless of if you understand them or not will automatically add stuff to the diary either as phone call type triggers or direct missions

You need to re-read my post. The PDA (F3) is the same as the diary. The game refers it as PDA. I also indicated that much of the radio babel will appear there to a certain extent.

kennyb87
05-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Ok then guys thanks for the help if it is uploaded to the pda I wouldn't be able to read it anyways

turbine3000
05-22-2010, 06:54 AM
just download the English version from here
saves stress from trying to figure out Russian
http://yuplay.com/story.php?title=Rig`n`Roll&invite=3322

kennyb87
06-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Only person I can tell by the voice of is Dolly Parton. I'm sure the guys who did the music in KOTR also have songs on RnR too

truck driver
06-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Why don't the makers of this game credit the music artists on this games soundtrack? It doesn't seem fair to the music artist or to the people like me who play the game. I like some of the songs but because the artists are not credited it makes it very difficult to find out who these artists are. I even searched some of the songs lyrics on the internet and still am unable to find out who the music artists are.

movo.
06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I was wondering how to make your own playlist/radio. I made a few folders (My Documents\My Games\RigNRoll\My Radios..) with different kind of music but it aint working.

I need help.. :P

Melkor
06-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok when driving press the "J" key to change stations until your station comes up and depending if a talk show is on/or news press the "I" key to change songs to make sure its your station or your radio playing

movo.
06-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I know, still doesn't work. Do I need to convert the music to another fileformat or something? It's all MP3 now..

Melkor
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Hmm there is no need to convert your music files, as my game plays mp3 files perfectly, did you restart the game afteer putting your music files in?

GinXeng
06-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Welcome to our forum, and No there won't be Aria's songs in Rig'n'Roll. The soundtrack for this game was made by foreign compositors. There are about 100 of songs that you will hear. different genre on different locations, for example, if you're going through Los Angeles you will hear more rap on radio, and if you're going somewhere else you will hear pop, country, rock etc :)That is wrong, the radio has different radio stations that play different kinds of music. If I am listening to the rock radio station and drive through Los Angeles it is not going to change to rap or anything else unless I change the station.

movo.
06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
It works now lol. I put the music in MyRadios instead of MyRadios\Radio 1.. Thanks for the help anyway Melkor.

Melkor
06-13-2010, 05:46 PM
no problemo ^_^

LosStraitjackets
07-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I just buyed Rig N Roll from Steam. Should i create new "MyRadios" folder to the "FM" folder, or how does it work?

Ah it was = Documents-My Games-RigNRoll-usa-ws-user-MyRadios

FEAR
07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Hello all,

I just bought the game, I installed, activated the code, launched the game.
Until here everything works fine, but ... From the first mission, there is no sound, nor in the cinematics nor in the game, only in the menus and radio.
Yet I have changed the Audio options in the configuration of the game, but ... It gets worse! :cry:

Help me as soon as possible, because this game is awesome, I do not want to lose a quality game as perfect, but I also do not want to lose my money for nothing ...

Thank you.

USA Trucker
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Hello all,

I just bought the game, I installed, activated the code, launched the game.
Until here everything works fine, but ... From the first mission, there is no sound, nor in the cinematics nor in the game, only in the menus and radio.
Yet I have changed the Audio options in the configuration of the game, but ... It gets worse! :cry:

Help me as soon as possible, because this game is awesome, I do not want to lose a quality game as perfect, but I also do not want to lose my money for nothing ...

Thank you.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

You don't need to post your question twice, and you certainly don't need to use that kind of language in any form. It would be helpful if you listed your computer specs, and where you purchased it, so people can aid you.

FEAR
07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
AMD Athlon(tm)
35000+
2.19 GGz , 2.00 GB

Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
256 MB

USA Trucker
07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
AMD Athlon(tm)
35000+
2.19 GGz , 2.00 GB

Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
256 MB

Your computer is too slow. You need at least 2.4 GHz.

FEAR
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
This is the problem for audio ? ... :confused:

USA Trucker
07-15-2010, 06:02 PM
This is the problem for audio ? ... :confused:

Your system speed may have a problem processing the sound. Also what sound card are you using, and where did you get the game? We do have some tech savvy people here, so give us as much info as you can so they can better help you.

shof
07-25-2010, 02:40 AM
My radio is not working and my music is in:
Documents\My Games\RigNRoll_eng\trucker\MyRadios
everything is mp3 files

i can see my game save in
Documents\My Games\RigNRoll_eng\trucker\SinglePlayer\SavedGames

so i am in the right profile

flykas
07-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't know if its all ready in the game. Are all the radio's available at any point of the map, or there are areas where theyr signals are streamed. Would be cool to have it like that, and that somehow you could adjust the area for your own radio stations

Ability to just put the shortcut of the folder to music.

USA Trucker
07-26-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't know if its all ready in the game. Are all the radio's available at any point of the map, or there are areas where theyr signals are streamed. Would be cool to have it like that, and that somehow you could adjust the area for your own radio stations

Ability to just put the shortcut of the folder to music.

Your radio stations are whatever you have on. Areas make no difference.

Skovos
08-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey.
Have been playing RnR for a while, and I really like the soundtrack, especially songs from the "rock" radio station. Is there any way to get more detailed information about those songs?

USA Trucker
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey.
Have been playing RnR for a while, and I really like the soundtrack, especially songs from the "rock" radio station. Is there any way to get more detailed information about those songs?

What do you mean by "More Detail"?

Skovos
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Band names, track names, release dates and so on.
Tried googling 'em up, but no results...

USA Trucker
08-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Band names, track names, release dates and so on.
Tried googling 'em up, but no results...

A while back someone brought this up too, and there is no solution to date.

theblackstigx
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
HI all , a problem ocurred into my game ... I reinstalled Windows 7 x86 and lost radio ,CB and in cutscenes sound .... before the instalation they worked wicked but did worked . The same procedure .... first worked then dead . But the real tragedy is that bloody radio... liked very much those songs ...
I'm mentioning that the engine , effects EAX , other cars and MENU song works properly . Even I changed the devices in audio tab...
My rig : ASUS F3SG-AP052 equipped with : Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.0-2.2 GHz , 2GB DDR2 667 @ 400MHz (800 effective , dual channel) , NVIDIA 9300M G 256MB @ 400/400/385 , Realtek HD Audio Device.
Can't be too slow 'cause it's running pretty well on default settings with no fps dropps except northern half of 101 in cities of Atascadero , Greenfield and San Jose.
Please tell me what can I do? Thanks in advance . Have a nice day

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
This game does not have the best optimization. It is a very heavy game with regards to your CPU. You need at the very least 2.4GHz. You are running 2.0 -2.2. This is just too slow. While you may get some portions of the game to run right, you will not get it to run correctly at the proper limits it was designed to run.

theblackstigx
08-09-2010, 02:43 AM
This game does not have the best optimization. It is a very heavy game with regards to your CPU. You need at the very least 2.4GHz. You are running 2.0 -2.2. This is just too slow. While you may get some portions of the game to run right, you will not get it to run correctly at the proper limits it was designed to run.
But for God's sake it's a core 2 not single core , and while the rnr is running the CPU don't reach 90% even with AIMP2 Player on ....
One more thing ... the main menu works like hell while the game itself it's going really well except northern half of 101 up to San Jose.
I hope that next patch will fix this issue
Have a nice day,
TheBlackStigX

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 11:19 AM
But for God's sake it's a core 2 not single core , and while the rnr is running the CPU don't reach 90% even with AIMP2 Player on ....
One more thing ... the main menu works like hell while the game itself it's going really well except northern half of 101 up to San Jose.
I hope that next patch will fix this issue
Have a nice day,
TheBlackStigX

The cores makes no difference. Minimal Requirements for this game is 2.4GHz. Having multiple cores don't make your system faster. It just allocates data and/or memory better. Don't confuse it with SPEED. Your base speed is still too slow to play this game as intended.

Transport Steve
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
I obtained the UK DVD version last week, and after installing it, I turned my volume up to maximum to enable me to hear all the squeaks, horns and skids. However, it's just not loud enough, you know what I mean, not deafening, as it should be on maximum, I've got all my filters up to the full level, the CB and speech volumes are just fine, really loud, but, not the truck engines or police car sirens, or, anything like that. Is there any fix I can manually do to get the soundfiles up to top notch, I want to wake the neighbours up, but, I can't do that at the moment....:grin:

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Mike234
08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Could anybody please make a list of all songs included in the game? Ive liked few of them and I spent 2 days searching for the title of this one about jimmie johnson and his truck with no luck whatsoever. Its really hard to find a songby its lyrics especially if its country. So if anybody has the knowledge to list the songs I would be really grateful.

USA Trucker
08-16-2010, 08:35 AM
@Mike234,

As of yet no one has come up with this. Not even the RnR developers.

@Bubbaffffh,

I'm not going to get into yet another debate about this, and confuse the issue even more. PM me, and I'll explain.

nIGhTSoN
08-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Hello guys.
I have a problem with the sound. The engine volume is low and I can't hear characters voice when I'm on AL driver setting. If I switch to DS everything is fine except the engine sound, when acceleration increase, sounds bad, like 2 wave sounds, low and then high. I think it has to do with my sound card which is E-MU 0404 USB, has 4 outs, 2 analog and 2 digital and I'm only using the analog ones. I think that when I'm setting to AL, the game sends sound to all 4 outs not only to my main 2 outs.
Is there a way to fix this to make the game send only to my main 2 outs?

USA Trucker
08-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello guys.
I have a problem with the sound. The engine volume is low and I can't hear characters voice when I'm on AL driver setting. If I switch to DS everything is fine except the engine sound, when acceleration increase, sounds bad, like 2 wave sounds, low and then high. I think it has to do with my sound card which is E-MU 0404 USB, has 4 outs, 2 analog and 2 digital and I'm only using the analog ones. I think that when I'm setting to AL, the game sends sound to all 4 outs not only to my main 2 outs.
Is there a way to fix this to make the game send only to my main 2 outs?

I wonder if you can just disconnect/unplug the 2 digital outputs while playing, or disconnect/unplug the 2 analog ones, and play with the 2 digital. See if either of these work.;)

nIGhTSoN
08-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I can't deactivate them. :( That's how the sound card is made, her main purpose is music production. I didn't have any problems with other games, hope to see a fix soon.

LE: The problem is solved, sorry for blaming the developers. I don't know what it was and how I maked it work but I'm glad it's working fine now.

USA Trucker
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I can't deactivate them. :( That's how the sound card is made, her main purpose is music production. I didn't have any problems with other games, hope to see a fix soon.

LE: The problem is solved, sorry for blaming the developers. I don't know what it was and how I maked it work but I'm glad it's working fine now.

That's good. Have fun. :grin:

GAZ Vodnik
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
I have a sound-problem too. :(

1. My folder is full of tracks. But the game plays just a few tracks, not all.

2. Some tracks are played faster/slowly than normal.

I think, this could belong to the bitrate.

BleDrajor
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
To the tempo of playing (2):
I had the same problem. After converting the MP3s to 320 KBit/s files everything was//is fine.

I don't know what the reason for your first problem could be. Maybe another one knows. I just think that is has something to do with the bitrate, too.

You could try to convert the tracks to 320 and test it out this way...

GAZ Vodnik
08-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah! :grin:

Converting to 320 KBit/s solved the problem. Now all tracks sounds normal and the game plays all tracks.

THX 11-38 for your tip.

Metodijs
09-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Is there anyway, that i can put my own song in radio?

USA Trucker
09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Is there anyway, that i can put my own song in radio?

Please look at the threads. Especially the Stickies, as to this being the most likely places to find your topic. Just like this one you are inquiring about. This thread should answer your question, or someone will come along, and help you out if you can't find it.

BleDrajor
09-28-2010, 01:54 PM
While I was looking through the sound files of the game I noticed that there are sounds for closing and opening truck doors (that should be heard when Nick gets into or out of a truck) and also ambient sounds like birds, city noise, a waterfall and rain (with thunder). There are also sounds for opening the bar and the office door.
It also seems that there were 2 speed steps for the wipers in the past because there are two sounds (one for slow and one for fast wipers).

Is there someone who hears those sounds in the game or is this really a bug that these sounds were not yet integrated? I always complained about the missing ambient sounds and now it seems that the game developers thought of it but made a mistake with including them into the game...

Since I've heard these sounds I just think that there is a lot of game atmosphere lost without them. So I hope for a patch that reactivates them if it really is a bug.

USA Trucker
09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe it interfered with the flow of the game somehow. I see your point though. If Train Simulator, and Rail-Works could do it I don't see why not here too. It would add a nice touch to it. :grin:

UKTrucker
11-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Odd ball question I know, but there's this particular song on one of the radio stations sang by a female, sort of a country music style song but it's not on the Country station but on one of the other stations. I think its the Superhighway station or something.

Lyrics are sorta like this:

Are you ready for the hours and the times, time to take whats yours....
....are you ready to throw it all away

Anybody have a clue of what the name of this song is, and is it a real song or a song produced for the game? I swear it sounds like Martina McBride but I can't seem to find anything on Google that remotely matches the lyrics I typed in.

Thanks
I know what one you mean, There's actually a few good songs on all the stations, i've googled them and nothing shows up, Don't know if their real artist or not, i hope they release a soundtrack, That'd be good

BATMan_Phln
12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. I tried to search for this but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to add my own music to the game?
Is there a way to convert my MP3's to ENQ files or is there a way to play my MP3 files in the game??

THANKS!

USA Trucker
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM

This is where audio questions get asked & answered. Please view all stickies before you post.;)

nandrews
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Can anyone advise me?
The sound is very feint, almost inaudible.
The button blips (as the cursor moves over menu) are loudest, but still quite quiet!
I have tried each of the audio selections, but nothing increases the volume. Tho' one actually reduces the menu blips!
I have applied the patch and rebooted, but still the same.

Nigel

Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad
4094 Megabytes Installed Memory
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. STRIKER II FORMULA 1.XX
Bus Clock: 333 megahertz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ [Display adapter] (3x)
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

Strummer
03-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Posting in this thread because using the Search function brought me to this post:

also, i found out how to make a custom radio station:

go to

my documents/ My games/Rig'n'roll eng/ go to any profile/ copy paste the music files/ pick that profile in Game.

(note files must be MP3)

Grrr...

Okay, so I went into Documents/My Games/RigNRoll_usa_ws/Strummer (my profile) and found the My Radios thingy to click on.

In that, I created 3 folders (Country, Pop&Oldies, and Classic Rock), figuring I would then have 3 new radio stations available to me by toggling the radio station selector (the J button is the default key for this in the game).

I was only able to access the stations that were already in the game.

Is there a control other than the radio station selector that we should use, or am I not able to make different folders for these different types of music?

It would be pretty bizarre to have Guns'N'Roses, Lefty Frizzell, and April Stevens & Nino Tempo all on the same channel.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

EDIT:

Okay, I'm a dolt. When I just put the songs in the My Radios 'loose' (i.e. not within sub-folders), it worked.

Does anyone know of a way to create more than one My Radios playlist within the same profile?

USA Trucker
03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
EDIT:

Okay, I'm a dolt. When I just put the songs in the My Radios 'loose' (i.e. not within sub-folders), it worked.

Does anyone know of a way to create more than one My Radios playlist within the same profile?
I think the way you did it is the only way thus far.

kal2
06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
i was wondering about the commercial on the radio
"are you out there lonely on the road, get the black shark communicator..."

is the black shark communicator available or just commercial

USA Trucker
06-14-2011, 01:24 AM
The 'Black Shark' is already available with the 'F3' key.

kal2
06-14-2011, 03:46 AM
that aint right ahah
i didn't know that i thought it was a like dispatcher

Jatycre
06-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Ok, I have a very funny problem. I have this game installed on two computers. One is mine, and one is my brother's. On my brother's computer, everything works fine. On mine however, the radio seems to be broken. I cannot turn it on, or if it is turning on, I can't hear it at all. And when I get phone calls, or pick up people, I can't hear their dialog.

The only glaring difference between our computers is he's running windows XP, and I'm running windows 7 ultimate x64. The thing is, I know plenty of you are running windows 7 too, so I'm hoping you have a solution to this one.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 3.0 ghz

XFX Nvidia Geforce GTS 250

4 gigs Corsair DDR3 ram

P.S. Please don't tell me to select other audio devices in the game menu, as I've already tried that. It doesn't make a difference.

dighit
06-20-2011, 11:52 AM
I want to ask you how to add a songs to the radio.In what format?

bjorn324
06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I am not familiar with windows 7, but have you tried to execute the game in administrator mode?

Jatycre
06-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Yep tried that. Also tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3), and that made the game run terrible, and still didn't fix the problem.

USA Trucker
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

@Jatycre,
I can only assume that Phenom II x6 indicates a 6 core machine. If so, then your problem lies here. There have been some reported issues with running multi-core processors above 4 cores. I don’t know why, except that RNR just simply can’t handle these more advanced machines.

@Dighit,
MP3, WMA wave files work. Just put the song in the MyRadios files. Don’t create sub-folders. Just leave them in there loosely

Jatycre
06-22-2011, 05:47 AM
That's strange, cause the game runs really really well.

So then there's no way to fix the radio and audio issue?

EDIT: I actually tried rebooting my computer and only running 4 cores of my processor (using MSConfig). It had no effect whatsoever on the game. So I'm fairly sure the radio/sound problem is something different.

USA Trucker
06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I actually tried rebooting my computer and only running 4 cores of my processor (using MSConfig). It had no effect whatsoever on the game. So I'm fairly sure the radio/sound problem is something different.

I don’t think that trick works all that well. I tried using it. I set my processors from 4 to 1 or 2, but when I viewed my CPU usage all 4 cores were still in use. So I’m a little skeptical about it. Other than that, I’m at a loss of what the problem is except for a sound card incompatibility issue (must be DirectX 9 compatible, or above), or something else that I’m just not familiar with, and would have to defer to our more tech savvy members here. So if any of them are viewing I would hope they lend a hand for you.

Where did you purchase the game, and is it a DVD, or downloaded version?

Jatycre
06-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with being skeptical of that trick, as I am myself. Although I've been told many times that it can fix some games, (and it does in fact fix the Scarface game for PC), it really doesn't work very often. Although when I reboot, and look at my task manager, it does show that it's only using 4 cores. However, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in performance from my CPU, which there should be if it is actually cutting off two cores.

Anyway, it's a retail disc. I was able to snag it at my local game store (called Gamerz, in Des Moines, Iowa) for just ten bucks!

So far the game is great, but it's really irritating that I can't hear my radio and/or most of the character dialogs.

I'm not sure about sound card problems, as I actually have two different sound setups on this computer. One is a Realtek HD sound card, and the other (the one I typically use) is a Phillips stereo system with it's own sound card inside hooked up to my PC through USB. I've tried using my Realtek sound card, and the USB connected stereo system. Neither one seems to change anything.

USA Trucker
06-24-2011, 08:04 AM
I’m sorry you can’t enjoy the game. I know Realtek HD works, because when I first bought the game that was the sound system I used before I installed Sound Blaster FX.:(

Jatycre
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I figured at least one of my two setups had to be compatible with the game. I just can't seem to figure out what the problem is, or how to fix it. Which, is kind of irritating to a tech head like myself lol.

viktor94
05-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi guys,

I have a small problem with the sound of my cummins engine.
In the mission where I have to race murdoc, the engine of my Truck sounds different to before. Also after the mission the engine sound isn´t the same as before. I tried to change the engine two times, but the sound remains the same.

Probably someone has the same problem and knows how I get the old sound back.

I have the German version 3.0.2.2680 + RnRMod ST2.0 from this Forum.

Keep on cruisin´ :grin:

USA Trucker
05-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum. :)

Good luck with that. For the most part, this is the English version of the game, and it would be an accident is someone could help you with the German version... but you never know. ;)