PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Graphics, Videos & Video Cards.

Eggtooth
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey, i installed XP 32BIT today, but problem with rain is still. I dont see rain, sky is like in good weather, some times i see rain drops on windows.

Any fix?

Graphic: Ati Radeon HD 3850 256MB.

Ubaku
11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe you need to update your driver.

I have Radeon 2600XT 512mb PCI E. I never had a single problem. I have rain and all else that is supposed to be in the game.

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 04:24 AM
I got Latest Drivers..

Graphic card is good enough to play game. Max setting don't solved my problem...

THIS GAME MUST BE FIXED

Lolsmurf
11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Or you must buy a desent pc

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
What are you talking about? I got 6GHz PC (two cores), good graphic card, enough ram...

Stop talking craps here... just shut up and go away.

bubblesjs
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Or you must buy a desent pc

Haha good one smurf

drexit
11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey, i installed XP 32BIT today, but problem with rain is still. I dont see rain, sky is like in good weather, some times i see rain drops on windows.

Any fix?

Graphic: Ati Radeon HD 3850 256MB.

I have the same problem. But tomorrow Im gonna set the options because I didnt do. I hope it will work.

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I tried to change options. Don't helped me.

Metzger28
12-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Eggtooth,

If you started the game up in story mode I noticed that sometimes I get this effect where there are rain drops on the windows, but the sky is almost clear. If I look really closely the rain is visible especially in shadows. It's almost like a really light rain,as the roads don't even get wet This happens at the beginning of story mode but stops after about 10-15 minutes. Any other time I've seen it rain in the game, the rain is visible and the puddles on the road too. I'm running an ATI HD4870 so it's not exactly the same card, but have you tried the other game modes, like single order mode?

Nike-it
12-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Try to put rain in the single order mode. If it still doesn't appear, I'll ask the devs what's the problem.

Eggtooth
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Problem is still... i don't see any rain :( . Please ask what's the problem.

drexit
12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I set rain and its raining for me :grin:

Eggtooth
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
How you do it? Please show me on pictures and how to turn on rain?

pleasse help.

Please send me correct VIDEO.INI file :(

4eVeR
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Hello,sorry for creating this. I want to buy this game,but i have only GMA X3100 video card.
I saw minimum system requirements,which are higher.But it is possible to play many games,which doesn't meet system requirements with this card. R'n'R looks a bit outdated,so i just want to ask if someone tried to play with this,or same range video card? Is it possilbe?
Because it would be very sad if it wouldn't work...

P.S. Sorry for my english :}}

Nike-it
12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Hello,sorry for creating this. I want to buy this game,but i have only GMA X3100 video card.
I saw minimum system requirements,which are higher.But it is possible to play many games,which doesn't meet system requirements with this card. R'n'R looks a bit outdated,so i just want to ask if someone tried to play with this,or same range video card? Is it possilbe?
Because it would be very sad if it wouldn't work...

P.S. Sorry for my english :}}

Most likely you won't be able to play it.

movo.
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi guys,

I seem to get a bug when enabling AA. Well this picture says enough I guess. Anyone?

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3267/bugaaerror.jpg

Things I've done already
- renamed the .exe
- enabled AA in Catalyst, same bug occurred.

AI Trucks seems to have this too!

plolq
12-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah same bug also if i enable AA x16/32 from within CCC or game menu x2/x4 doesn't matter i have the same missing textures unfortunately, and i also have an asus 4870x2....AND also if i enable only 1 core or 2 same effect and EVEN worst sometimes my damn shadows ingame flash it causes me nausea ..ffs.....

But using AF x16 doesnt have any issues so im using that and no AA too bad...

movo.
12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah same bug also if i enable AA x16/32 from within CCC or game menu x2/x4 doesn't matter i have the same missing textures unfortunately, and i also have an asus 4870x2....AND also if i enable only 1 core or 2 same effect and EVEN worst sometimes my damn shadows ingame flash it causes me nausea ..ffs.....

But using AF x16 doesnt have any issues so im using that and no AA too bad...

Ye I'm also using AF x16 enabled in CCC :)

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Here you can discuss about problems with video.

kennyb87
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I was just wondering as I am about to get a new card but I want one that will run the game with decent fps and is fairly cheap I've saw lots of 8600GT's available will they run this game Okish. Could you please post what card you have so I and others can see what will be needed

plolq
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Lets see i have an 4870x2 @ stock coupled with an intel e8400 @ stock 4gb ram the game runs .....
1:arrow: 25-30 fps in traffic @1600x1200/1650x1200/1920x1200
2:arrow: 60 fps outside cities and sometimes inside @1600x1200/1650x1200/1920x1200
I dont know whats happening but it aint my drivers/video card, gta IV runs at 35 fps min 48fps average-74 fps max never below 35 and crysis @ 36 min max 78 so what the hell is going on its more demanding than crysis...it might be a game bug :sad:....all the resolutions i tested had the same result in fps wierd, lets hope the patch will adress this issue too.

Also my brother has an evga 8800gtx , same processor ,and the game runs @ 30-45 fps constantly :confused:

Im curious about people who have i7 coupled with ati 58xx series or nvidia 295/285/275 lol do they run the game @ 100 fps + who knows....

plolq
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
My specs are

intel 8400 @ stock 3.0 ghz
asus 4870x2 @ stock
4gb ram
microshaft windows vista x64 ultimate

im using ati catalyst beta 9.12 and tbh it gave me a 4 fps gain over the previous 9.11 wich were rubbish.

RNR runs @ 25-30 fps in traffic/heavy congested areas , 60 fps everywhere else with max settings save for aa wich is 0 because even with/out reinstalling my drivers textures dissapear lame and the shadows flicker...heh

i tested this @800x600 , 1280,1024, 1650x 1080 , 1600x 1200 , 1650x 1200, 1920 x 1200, 2560 x 1600.

:arrow:This is absolutely incredible i have the same fps no matter what resolution i have ingame wich is indeed wierd and i havent had a game wich doesnt run with max settings up until now.
so this problem is clearly NOT on my side.

My system also runs :
Crysis @ min 36 avrg 46 max 78 fps @ 1920x 1200
GTA IV @ min 37 avrg 54 max 72 fps @ 1920 x 1200
Red Faction guerrila @ 56-60 fps constant max settings x8 aa x16 aniso from ccc( using vsync if not gets up to 70-90 fps) @ 1920 x 1200

so if anyone can help or at least give some constructive suggestions would be most welcomed, if you intend to post something like buy an nvidia card or get a better cpu dont post.

Pete379x
12-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Clean your driver and it might help:

Easiest method below.

D/L Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper below and install it.

Driver Cleaner Pro Download Link (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745)

Driver Sweeper Download Link (http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html)

1) Uninstall your GPU drivers
2) Restart Computer
3) Enter Safe Mode..Tap F8 during Post
4) Once in Safe Mode> Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper > Select nVidia (not nForceChipset/For ATI select ATI, ATI CCC, ATI WMD)> start Cleaning
5) Do step 7 Twice with Driver Cleaner Pro - With Driver Sweeper do it once.
6) Restart Computer> Cancel out of New Found Hardware Wizard
7) Navigate to the Location of your Drivers and Install.

Toroges
12-09-2009, 06:59 AM
i have a nvidia GTX 295 and it runs fine, but the shadows flickering

Elwin
12-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Guys .. you are giving him the best and the most expensive dx10 cards on market .. its sure any game will work on them lol. 8600 is a bit low for todays games .. for gaming i wouldnt go below 9600

Nike-it
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I would suggest something like ATI 4890 and Geforce 260 and higher. And for RnR the more RAM you have, the better performance.

plolq
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Thank you for the suggestion ,im doing that every time a new ati catalyst driver is released ,and im using driver sweeper and ccleaner , i gave it a try last night although its a bit tricky on vista nevertheless i managed to make it work , nope same result even worst frame rates i gave the old 9.11 a go lol whata joke i reverted back to the latest betas 9.12 and its the same fps i had before reinstall so i guess thats that nothing will make the game run smooth on my pc too bad, ill have to wait until some kind of patch or something is out i guess something like the red faction thing wich ran HORRIBLE before 8.12 betas check their forums see how many satisfied customers and look for that huge thread :D ,now it runs prefect with any settings and im using x8 aa ( from the game itself), x16 af ( ccc ) nothing else will do aparently:neutral:

SO am i the only one with choppy frames? and i had the occasional CTD 1 or 2 in the begining on my first 2 days of rnr, so is everyone playing @ 60 fps lol?

I noticed the game is capped at 60 fps ingame and 50 fps in main game menu where you select profile/story/single order etc...ingame i cant get it higher than 60 ( not that it matters but still )maybe im missing something??

Elwin
12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Well you are using muligpu, and multigpu doesnt always work correctly with all games .. so evne weaker singlecard can work better than this

bobie81
12-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I was wondering how to check the frame per second in rig n roll? How you do that?? i have searh for it but not found how you do, i now some games you t.e.x. hold ctrl+z to show you fps, but how is it in rnr??

kennyb87
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
The more ram think my motherboard only supports 2Gb of ram and its an old pentium D 3Ghz dual core. Not the newest of PC's but this game isnt exactly brand new is it. Im prepared to put in a 8800GT into it as I can get one fairly cheap

obsolum
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
The more ram think my motherboard only supports 2Gb of ram and its an old pentium D 3Ghz dual core. Not the newest of PC's but this game isnt exactly brand new is it. Im prepared to put in a 8800GT into it as I can get one fairly cheap
Actually, this game is brand new as it was released only a couple of weeks ago :) It's been in development for quite a long time, though, and it doesn't have next-gen graphics. However, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Judging from videos and people's posts I think it's safe to assume that this game is pretty demanding of your PC and graphics card.

plolq
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I was wondering how to check the frame per second in rig n roll? How you do that?? i have searh for it but not found how you do, i now some games you t.e.x. hold ctrl+z to show you fps, but how is it in rnr??

bobie81 you can download for free fraps or use ati tray tools if you have an ATI video card,also att has other neat stuff you might want to check on your graphic card while running games or other 3d intensive apps .

plolq
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok this is it the game has become unplayable i dont know if its a memory leak i have just reinstalled my os lol...and all the drivers for every hardware i got installed and i got the same results the game needs a patch to adress ati 4870x2 users i KNOW im not and will not be the only customer who has bought the game and has an ati 4870x2 card and the game performs horrible i cant describe it any other way , aparently this has the same bug that ati users experienced in NFS SHIFT a patch is needed to render the game playable.

Also how many people who bought the game and CAN speak english are satisfied with the game fps i mean is it playable?

Btw is any developer from RNR or softlab even reading these forums , or am i just wasting my time posting here for fixes wich will might never arrive? and i should move on...and forget about it ??

novatekk
12-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi plolq,

I'm playing the game for a few days now and I must admit that the more I play the game, the less satisfied I am with the performance. Unlike you I am using an Nvidia card (Gtx 285) along with a 3.4Ghz Core2Duo so I dont think it is an ATI only problem.

The sad thing is that the bad performance seems to be totally random and there doesn't seem to be a clear bottleneck. I have spent about a day messing around with all possible combinations of video settings and none seemed to guarantee solid performance. I use 1650x1080 most of the time but tried lowering it and in some places my fps actually dropped compared to the higher resolution. It is the same story everytime...fps seem solid for a few minutes but start to degrade to the point of being unplayable.

As for the developers reading this forum...I don't know. I do know that a lot of people on the Russian forum are complaining about the performance as well and those topics do get the developers attention.

Personally I don't think this is a problem which is going to be solved soon. Think about it...the developers spent the last 5 years or so developing this game, if they didn't get the performance right in those 5 years, to me it is very unlikely that some patch is going to solve this.

It kinda reminds me of the Armed Assault series, great concepts ruined by bad performance.

Ofcourse I will follow any future development because without the performances issues this game is actually one of the best I played recently.

plolq
12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Of course it is to be honest IT IS one the best game i played in years and this year it tops my list along with other epic ones: Dragon age origins/red faction guerrila/borderlands , rignroll is joining my list of epic games this year along with other titles i mentioned , too bad its plagued by fps issues

Yes i noticed that too after loading a game the fps is awsome as it should be, after a while 1-30 min it drops to unplayable unfortunately AND i must admit king of the road had the same issue if i remember right so yeah im not hoping this will get fixed soon because lets be realisitic here even the devs of red faction couldnt fix/release a patch to adress the goddamn red faction ati issue it had to came from the ati ccc crew wich in 9.11 the problem is history and the game wich was unplayable on some ati cards mine included ( shadows were flickering, textures mising, abysmal frames almost like in rnr save for missing textures...) now is smooth with whatever settings you want at maximum its pure awsomness like any game should be.

obsolum
12-11-2009, 06:05 AM
I expected this game to have performance issues right from the very first videos I saw of it. However I would have thought that a high end pc would have no problem coping with it, but it seems even that is not the case.

Question for you guys: how much RAM have you got? 'Cause I've seen one of the admins here say that RnR will benefit greatly from big amounts of RAM, and seeing as you say the game runs fine initially for a period of time and then it gets worse, maybe it's a memory issue? Possibly even a memory leak of some kind?

Anyway, if the game doesn't run like it should with a GTX285 on a 3.4 C2D then I can forget about playing this game as well (9800GTX+ on a 2.4C2D). A great shame...

Sneaksie
12-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Don't forget that comfortable FPS level is subjective and there are people who find even 15fps comfortable and who need at least 60. It seems that traffic amount is a biggest performance factor. In addition, try to select another sound provider and see whether this makes a difference.
Some people reported a big performance boost after they excluded game directory from real-time antivirus monitor or turned antivirus monitor off altogether.

plolq
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Don't forget that comfortable FPS level is subjective and there are people who find even 15fps comfortable and who need at least 60. It seems that traffic amount is a biggest performance factor. In addition, try to select another sound provider and see whether this makes a difference.
Some people reported a big performance boost after they excluded game directory from real-time antivirus monitor or turned antivirus monitor off altogether.

Of course it is relative , mine is at around 34-35 , also i have my antivirus TURNED off while i have a session of rnr and also i tried switching between direct sound sistem/creative xfi/software emulation all to no effect same fps no mater what unfortunately.

Mr luder
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Pretty much the same, except for the texture flickering.
Runnin R'n'R on this rig:
Intel i7 860, 2.8 Ghz (OCed to 3,2 Ghz)
Asus P7P55D
OCZ 4 GB DDR3 (727.7 MHz (2:10) @ 9-9-9-24)
Asus ATI Radeon HD5850 (OCed to 5870 Settings)
Samsung HD103SJ 1 TB SpinPoint F3

Driver:
9.11 with Tray Tools (v1.6.9.1435)

Tray Tools settings:
AA = 0x
AF = 16x
vSync = Forced Off
Catalyst A.I. = Off (seems like RnR dont like C.A.I., got CTD each time i tryed it.)

Temps are fine, average 50°C for CPU and 45°C for GPU.

Average FPS: 80 at day, 50 at night, 30 at night w. rain.
Lowest seen yet: 13 FPS at night, while rain.

Seems like its not at all traffic related, due i run this game maxed out, with full traffic and it runs just fine and then it drops to 15 - 20 fps for no reason - traffic stays the same.
LA kills FPS specially while cruising "down town", had huge lags and FPS drops to about 15 FPS for no reason, less traffic, no mirrors visible.

I can run ArmA2 on my System, maxed out with 3000m vd at steady 50 - 60 FPS.
ArmA2 is also known for its worse performance, anyhow, it looks way more better as RnR will ever do and has way more effects and details as RnR and it still runs steady at 50 - 60 FPS.

As i monitored my CPU i discovered RnR just used around 60% of it, might explain some performance issues here and there.

Mr luder
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
ATI HD 5850 runs it fine, here and there some FPS drops for no reason.
Anyway, i would give an 5850 a shot!

BHJ
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I found some info in a file that It actualy uses D3DDEVTYPE_HAL insted of
D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING...

I dont know if it can be changed i would like it to use my GFX more than my Cpu..

D3DDEVTYPE_HAL means you're actually using your graphics card and the manufacturers drivers to run Direct3D. The counterpart of this (mainly) is D3DDEVTYPE_REF which is the reference rasteriser, written by Microsoft as a sort of 'feature benchmark' that has everything implemented, supposedly correctly and according to the specification of the API.

D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING means that when you create the Direct3D device, it will use your graphics hardware to do the vertex processing (fixed function T&L or vertex shader execution) as opposed to doing these actions on the CPU as with D3DDEVTYPE_HAL

plolq
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Thank you for them replies people....interesting indeed as i on my current system suffer from low fps 21-30 while traffic is present doesnt matter if its 100% or 10 %..... ( by traffic i mean and only that those damed pickups,cars,buses ONLY those not the ai traffic with trucks i.e liek my rig a truck with a trailer atached or any of the competition , i even managed to get 5 ai truckers with trailers + 4 random ai rigs on map it lasted for 30 seconds and my fps didnt drop below 50 FPS......hm... as opposed to traffic it drops imediately and instantly to below 30 or around 30 :( dang

AA = 4 aparently after i did a reinstall of rnr i managed to run it with 4x aa.....no missing textures .
AF = x16 from ccc

Also while raining during any time of day i get no fps drop whatsoever it stays at 50-54, it doesnt matter if i got catalyst ai on/standard/advanced doesnt seem to be any difference and i havent got any ctd since i upgraded from 9.8>>9.11, and i too run arma 2 at around 45-50 fps steady with view range around 2900-3200 interesting

and im using the 9.11 catalyst from official ati/amd site...oh well..

movo.
12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I found some info in a file that It actualy uses D3DDEVTYPE_HAL insted of
D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING...

I dont know if it can be changed i would like it to use my GFX more than my Cpu..

D3DDEVTYPE_HAL means you're actually using your graphics card and the manufacturers drivers to run Direct3D. The counterpart of this (mainly) is D3DDEVTYPE_REF which is the reference rasteriser, written by Microsoft as a sort of 'feature benchmark' that has everything implemented, supposedly correctly and according to the specification of the API.

D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING means that when you create the Direct3D device, it will use your graphics hardware to do the vertex processing (fixed function T&L or vertex shader execution) as opposed to doing these actions on the CPU as with D3DDEVTYPE_HAL

Worth a try? :P

drakan
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
So guys. I've bought r'nr' about a week ago and I've already get a gold truckler award (or a golden buffalo as it said in the news), it took me a month of the game time. FPS was about 30-40 average, sometimes 20-25 when I was passing ai trucks (2-3 seconds) and in 1 place in the game was slowing down wery bad ( route 101 between Atascadero and Greenfield).
In video options I have 1024*768 85hz (my monitor doesn't supporte more), texture filtering off, shadows off ( shadows are really poor in the game so I turned it off), 3D clouds off, view distance 4, car detailing 0, raindrops on, HDR off, Blur off (I don't like it), reflections and reflection speed 0 (there's may be some reflections on the rainy road but I haven't seen any in chrome-plated cisterns when cathing it up).
Game is awsome:)but Still waiting for the patche:( (just a russian paradox)
I have e4600 Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 3Gb ram DDR2, 8600GT 512mb, motherboard Asus P5B-MX, Soundcard intagrated Realtec HD.
P.S. I've read a lot of russian forums and understood that if you have Core 2 and 7800GT it's almost enough for R'N'R cause better then 60FPS I haven't seen even on i7 with 2GB of video.

kennyb87
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
8600GT runs good then thats great I dont care about super high settings just enough to play on and those cards are nice and cheap now I may have to go buy one now and thaks for the ATI suggestion but I have always used Nvidia

Picked up an 8800GTS 640mb on ebay nice and cheap only £40 pounds and now need to change my PSU for something around 650W saw one i liked on ebuyer only £42 im on my way to getting my PC to play this game or I hope so

Mr luder
12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Anyone out there running RnR on a SSD?!

I'am about to buy a SSD for running ArmA series on it and other games/progs with fps drops/taking long for starting up.
So, got anyone experiences with RnR installed on a SSD?

The problem might be just the HDD that give us major FPS drops with AI/Citys.
So, anyone can proof that point right here?!

Thanks!

Rob_G
12-26-2009, 10:50 AM
im running a XFX hd4870, and although i have not got R'n'R Yet cos im waiting for the english version, i have not found any games where i cannot run everything maxxed, and resolution of 1280 x 1024, i can run crysis Smoothly on Ultra Settings, the card cost me £170 when it was new, originally i bought 2 the same, to run in Crossfire but having 2 made no difference apart from my computer sounded like a helicopter taking off so i sold 1 lol, the rest of my system is as follows for anyone thats interested,

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz and an arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme rev. 2 to keep it cool, ASUS M847T Deluxe Mobo, 8 gig DDR3 1600 MHz OCZ Platinum RAM, 2 x 500gb hdd, 8 x case fans and a zalman digital fan controller to keep them running properly.

Kamaz
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I have installed r'n'r at 60GiB SSD.

Some lags during gameplay are less than a sataII hdd but not so much.
The KI lags are a bug or something like that, imho ...
If i set the KI over "4 points", the game is lagging like hell, but only at night.

Kamaz
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
i have a nvidia GTX 295 and it runs fine, but the shadows flickering

Turn "OpenGL Tripel Buffer" on and its history.

Elwin
12-30-2009, 09:26 PM
8600GT runs good then thats great I dont care about super high settings just enough to play on and those cards are nice and cheap now I may have to go buy one now and thaks for the ATI suggestion but I have always used Nvidia

Picked up an 8800GTS 640mb on ebay nice and cheap only £40 pounds and now need to change my PSU for something around 650W saw one i liked on ebuyer only £42 im on my way to getting my PC to play this game or I hope so

it must be realy crappy psu if you need 650. NO ANY single card needs more than 500W. Of course if it is good quality PSU with strong 12v rails.

kennyb87
12-30-2009, 10:05 PM
it must be realy crappy psu if you need 650. NO ANY single card needs more than 500W. Of course if it is good quality PSU with strong 12v rails.

Never got it in the end got a better one the card needs 30A off the 12V so spent about £60 on a OCZ Stealth XStream wich runs pretty good

digit
01-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I have an ATI HD5770 and I am yet to see any rain except the droplets for the first 10 minutes at the start of story mode. I'm not sure if I have the same problem or I just havent been to any rainy areas? I've been playing for about a month on the game calender

pook
01-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Career: Settings> Graphics> eighth point from the top to "see the drops on the glass NO / YES"
Maybe it depends on the game difficulty settings
In the game is variable and depends on the weather forecasts. It's different and it's not rhythmic. Me too more than, a month of game time, it not rained, but it was a period of continuous rains for a week game time. Weather is a lottery:)

Unit Order:> New Game> Settings>

Difficulty
Daily start time - morning, noon, evening, night
Winter weather - NO / YES
Weather at the beginning - Sunny, Cloudy, Rain
Changes in weather - fast, medium, mild, unchanging

lamanorbu
02-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I solved disabling Catalyst A.I. and Adaptive AA in CCC.

lamanorbu
02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Try disabling adaptive AA and Catalyst AI in CCC... This worked for me! I've an Ati HD4850

BaxDan
04-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi, I've had this game for a couple of days now and I really like it, but I have a problem which ruins it a bit, the trucks don't have any (visible) wheels and some interior textures and parts are missing. My computer meets the minimum requirements for the game, any help, thanks.

Nike-it
04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi, I've had this game for a couple of days now and I really like it, but I have a problem which ruins it a bit, the trucks don't have any (visible) wheels and some interior textures and parts are missing. My computer meets the minimum requirements for the game, any help, thanks.

First of all post you system specs. Also update all drivers (video card, DirectX).

BaxDan
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
OMG, this is the exact problem I had. I must have overlooked this thread. thank you sooo much for posting how you solved it:grin: My game is now fixed.

BaxDan
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Just read another thread in this section and fixed my problem. hurrrraaay!! Thanks to lamanorbu:grin:

lamanorbu
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
your welcome!!

centy2010
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Hello,

Since 25/05/2010, Nvidia has released a new serie of drivers (the 257 serie).
Actually, there is a beta version of the new released driver available at :

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare--257.15-Windows-XP-32-bit-Beta-download-2546.html

It's a beta version, if you download it, it's at you own risk.
I've just downloaded it and I'll give it a try in Rig'n'Roll after the restart process.
Addition : 14:30
I've tested it for 30 mins. Don't expect miracles :D No change. (on Geforce 6800 GT)

Here is the info :

NVIDIA has released the first series 257 drivers, this is revision 257.15 BETA which carries support for a large amount of GeForce graphics cards.

The 257.15 beta driver includes the PhysX 9.10.0222 system software, the HD audio 1.0.9.1 driver, and has support for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300 and 400 (GTX 465 too) series desktop cards, and the ION GPUs.

* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology.
* Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games. 4 example:
o Up to 14% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920x1200 noAA/AF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham Asylum (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF PhysX=High)
o Up to 5% in BattleForge (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Very High settings)
o Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
Up to 4% in Crysis: Warhead (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Enthusiast setting)
o Up to 24% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (1920x1200 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Far Cry 2 (2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 25% in Just Cause 2 (2560x1600 no AA/AF - Concrete Jungle)
o Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1920x1200 no AA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 40% in Metro 2033 with SLI ((1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 8% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 no AA/AF – Day)
o Up to 110% in Stone Giant with SLI (2650x1600 – Tessellation on, DoF on)
o Up to 6% in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (2560x1600 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Unigine: Tropics (2560x1600 no AA/AF – OpenGL)
o Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Performance and Extreme Presets)
o Up to 19% with Transparency AA (1920x1200 4xTrSS – measured in Crysis)
* Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations.
* Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for 3-way SLI PCs, including up to SLI48x AA for GeForce 200 series GPUs and up to SLI96x AA for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs.
* Adds support for a new ‘Quality’ mode for NVIDIA’s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
* Adds a new Nvidia Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
* Adds a new Nvidia Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
* Includes numerous bug fixes

Ardbug
07-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Whenever I exit the game my desktop colours are all bugged with red lines/dots all over, I have to restart the machine to get the right colour palette again.

M76
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you have a video card problem, have you seen similar dots or distortions in other games?

Either your video card is faulty or the driver doesn't clean up the memory properly after returning to the 2d video mode from d3d. Try using another driver.

USA Trucker
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
What is your video card?

Ardbug
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Im on XP 32 with a gtx 260 with the newest WHQL drivers.
When I exit the game to the main menu, I can see the main menu colour palette is distorted too, but if I alt+tab to desktop, and then alt+tab back into the game then the colour palette is back to normal, and if I exit the game after that then the colour palette on my desktop is normal too.
(edit) I dont have this problem in any other game.

USA Trucker
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Im on XP 32 with a gtx 260 with the newest WHQL drivers.
When I exit the game to the main menu, I can see the main menu colour palette is distorted too, but if I alt+tab to desktop, and then alt+tab back into the game then the colour palette is back to normal, and if I exit the game after that then the colour palette on my desktop is normal too.
(edit) I dont have this problem in any other game.

This is the first time I have encountered such a question. I will leave it up to the computer savvy people to aid you.

Ardbug
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
This is the first time I have encountered such a question. I will leave it up to the computer savvy people to aid you.

I must admit I have never seen this one before either, but the workaround seem to consistantly work, alt+tab to desktop, then alt+tab back to game, then exit with no problems, odd :)

dose77
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi @ all Trucker...

Anyone knows why i can't switch on the antialiasing?

Bye

Hi Truckers,

I hope anyone can help me...
I have the problem that i cant switch on the antialiasing in the game menu but i dont know why.
Maybe anyone can help me please?
I tried to search for a solution at google / in the forum but i didnt find anything.

Greetings
--------------------------------------
My System:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
4GB RAM
Geforce 9800 GTX+
Windows Prof. XP

Kimmy
07-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Any one else experienced this?

I’ve been playing the game for a few days. Runs just fine. Then it rained. My framerate took a dive, almost to the point of being a slideshow.

Is this a known problem or am I unlucky again?

Superduty
08-12-2010, 06:10 AM
I has ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB DDR video card. It do support both of 3D and Open GL. I want to know which is best for game?

Superduty
08-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey, Guys out there if you have ATI video card and go in Control Panel and go Dircet 3-D (next to Open GL) and move from balance to high performance (left side) and click apply then it did work best at max setting. I want you to know that. Enjoy the game!

BleDrajor
08-29-2010, 09:27 PM
As I already found out some time ago the ATI Catalyst Center has options that can optimize the graphics in R&R in some cases.

I'm talking of stuff that may work without problems on your computers, but maybe there are people who have problems and can use some of these tips below...
For example me: I'm using these options to optimize the game graphics.

Anti Aliasing:
You can either activate it in the game itself. Everytime you start the game you have to go to the graphic options and to turn the AA off, then klick on "OK" and after that set the AA to 2x or 4x. Of course a klick on "OK" activates it and saves the settings. This has to be done everytime you start the game.
Or you activate it in the ATI Catalyst Center.

Texture Filtering:
Setting the TF to maximum in game just optimizes the quality of the pictures in the mirrors and on the TFT of the rear cameras.
If you activate the TF in the ATI Catalyst Center (for example 16x) you get a better quality of the textures.
Turn on the MipMap effects for a better quality of the textures.

Important:
Be careful with these settings!
Maybe your computers are not good enough for playing the game with these settings. You should try it out step by step if you're not sure if your computer is good enough for this.
The settings of the ATI CCC may work in every game. To avoid problems with other games than R&R turn the settings off or better set the global quality to "controlled by program". But you can also try it out in other games if you have similar problems there, too.

VlkWgnVr6
10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know how to get 2 or 3 monitors working? My graphics card is a geforce 9500 gt.

Kibble
10-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know how to get 2 or 3 monitors working? My graphics card is a geforce 9500 gt.

its somwhere in tne nvidia conrrol panel

VlkWgnVr6
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
its somwhere in tne nvidia conrrol panel

Ok thanks...but can you use the Matrox Tripple Head to go system?

flapane
11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
The daylight game is incredibly BRIGHT here (dell g2210 on win7 x64 and ATI), while the noon and the night are fine.
I've never experienced this in other games... the streets are almost white, the sky and many things are overexposed, and this is really annoying for the eyesight.
It's like the gamma value (or the brightness) isn't set well. However, I can't see ANY place in the game settings where I can set it, and changing it from ATI panels is useless, because it resets whenever I open the game window.

vincent195
12-17-2010, 05:36 AM
i have this problem, how could i fix it??
(Attach Photo)

Main prob : when ever i a driving down the streets, i must use my mouse in order to get view of my meters andd all that.. :confused:

thanks in advance for tha Advise =)

note: i am using a momo racing steering wheel from logitech , does it matters?

USA Trucker
12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Please don't double post, and don't make threads where one already exists. This is your last warning. Check your PM.

The answer to your question is to use the (/ key) key on your number pad. This will backup the camera just enough to view your gauger's, and dash-board. Your driving device doesn't matter. Nice touch of giving a picture to help with your question. Not many people do that.;)

vincent195
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Please don't double post, and don't make threads where one already exists. This is your last warning. Check your PM.

The answer to your question is to use the (/ key) key on your number pad. This will backup the camera just enough to view your gauger's, and dash-board. Your driving device doesn't matter. Nice touch of giving a picture to help with your question. Not many people do that.;)

Sorry for the double post !! Thanks for Moving it to the right place!! =))

Another bigg thanks !! now i can enjoy the view of my brand new meters =D! :-P

gameking47
12-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you using a different map in the picture? The icons seem more spread out.

USA Trucker
12-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Are you using a different map in the picture? The icons seem more spread out.
The map has 4 different views using the (ctrl+tab) keys. The view he uses I use quite frequently.

miakkia
12-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi,

I just recently bought the game via Wildtangent (download)

And since i have 2 23" widescreen monitor i was looking forward to get a nice set up of the game on both screen

but as of now haven't been able with my nvidia app to get the game to be perfectly split on 2 monitor's

Is there anybody that could help me get a nice mutli monitor set up?

using an app or even some external hardware.

Thanks

chris cameron
02-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Hi!

I have been playing for a couple of months and everything was working great but now i have updated my drivers for my Radeon 4890. And the wheels have disappeared and the cab interior is messed up.

I re-installed the game (did'nt help) and then I rolled back the driver but the wheels are still gone. :confused:

Any body know what I can do?

Chris

USA Trucker
02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried un-installing & re-installing it after you updated your driver?

WBCody
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
I've got a problem where my game is so dark that it is difficult to see the surrounding world - especially during the hours of darkness. Daylight is liveable but at night, the game is almost unplayable as I can barely see anything. And if it is raining - forget it - when darkness falls the Headlights will not even illuminate the road surface, even with Hi-Beams turned on...

I cannot seem to find any "Gamma" or "Brightness" settings anywhere. The Catalyst Control settings do not help. The Game Menu will brighten or darken as I change settings in the Catalyst Control Center, but when I launch a game in either "Quick Race" or "Story" Catalyst Control gets over-ridden.

My question is - how can I change the brightness levels so that I might enjoy playing this game? I have done enough game modding to know that there is always a way to set the Light Levels in a game, but I cannot find them anywhere. The ".ini" or "bin" files that are not encrypted do not make any mention of gamma or light levels or video settings that I can see. So what do I have to do to make this game brighter???

- Will update with Screenshots -

Computer Specs:

Pentium 4 - 3.40ghz/1M/800 - SL7E6
ATI Radeon HD4650
Corsair XMS-3200C2Pro 3 Gigs memory
Windows XP SP3

USA Trucker
05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, let's see some screen shots about this issue. It's the first time I've heard of this problem that I can remember. It may be a graphics card issue, or a corrupt file within the game. You may want to re-install the game. Also make sure that everything in the ‘Options/Video’ settings in the game menu is set to the max, and everything is in the on/enable selection position. This may resolve the problem. Either way I’d like to see some pics.

A typical night time shot should look like this, and are normal for the game. City scenes & bridges are much brighter, like the last pic.
(Pics are courtesy of Veemaxis, a member of this forum.)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2142/rnr20100701014623500.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1319/rnr2010070315250025.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5977/rnr2010070317370907.jpg

WBCody
05-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the quick reply back, Trucker.

Actually because of how buggy this program has been, I have tried to uninstall & reinstall many different times. I've learned to live with the Bugs as my game will not patch. I have tried to install this patch numerous times moving it around from folder to folder, uninstalling the game and reinstalling to the Directory that it wants install to and re-applying the patch again to all the different folders in the game and so on and so on... I'm over it, I'll just live with what I get. I have a Saved Game directory that is quite extensive and fortunately I haven't run into a Cap on the number of saves that you can initiate.

If I could just see the game at night time I'd be happier than a Pig in Slop. And on that note, I have dug into my screenshots and what a surprise! I discovered that all my screenshots in Rig'N'Roll see the game as it is supposed to be...NORMAL!!! Wow, I've never had that happen. It seems that no matter what game I play (where I have taken screenshots) they always display dark and I have to manipulate them in order to lighten them up so that I can display or show them off. I have never had a screenshot appear Normal on this computer since I started using ATI Video Cards. 3DFX was my card of choice until they went Boots-Up (and I never had much luck with NVidia with the exception of the Riva TNT which was a great card for its era)

Anyway, getting back on Topic - I pulled 9 screenshots and Doctor'd them up to show exactly what I see in the game. Four in the Cab and Four out of the Cab - Day, Night, & Raining (and one just screwing around). And that wasn't an easy task either as I had to go into the game several times to get it as close as I could to what I actually see. That's why it's taken me awhile to get them posted up for you. As well as the 9 edited I also have the 9 NORMAL screenshots as the game see's them. So, that's 18 screenshots in all. I reduced them in size to 1024 x 768 so they should post OK. I didn't want to flood the post with that many pictures, so you tell me how you want them posted and Ill do it the way that you recommend.

If I could just see the game as the Screenshots show, I would be happy. There has to be a way to set the gamma somewhere. Every other game I've played you can either set the Brightness through a Menu item, or if that wasn't an option you could force it through an .ini file somewhere. And if that didn't work, you could always run the thing in a Window and let your desktop control the brightness. I can't believe that you cannot do any of that in Rig'N'Roll!

Enough of my rant... Here's a Screenshot of me screwing around - waking up in the morning after reading the latest issue of Trucker's News and drinking a half a pot of Coffee. Then stepping out of the front door to fire the Rig up. The 1st pic is the Normal one as the game see's it, the 2nd is what I see in game. And as a Bonus, I threw up a pic of my Real-Life day job. Yes, I am a real Trucker and have been for the past 24 years. I don't just fantasize about it...I live it!

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo16.jpg

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo17.jpg

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/VT_EndDump.jpg

USA Trucker
05-28-2011, 10:59 AM
OK, I see your problem. This would bug me too. So I could imagine what your night time shot looks like. Just post one, or two night shots as you see them from inside the truck looking out on the road to confirm this. That being said, I'm fairly convinced that this is a graphics card setting issue. I say this because of the dozens of complaints associated with the game, that this is a first (and I thought I‘ve heard them all). Are you sure all of the video settings in the game menu are set to the maximum features allowed, and everything is set to on? Even if it’s a simple one that you may have overlooked. I truly believe this is not a game issue. I know this game has many, but like I said, this is the first time this problem has been reported.

As for your patch problem, where did you purchase the game from? This will let me know if a patch (hot fix) is required. BTW, I was a trucker too (King Kullen, Yellow Freight, and Mayflower). You’ll find that a lot of people here are, were, or going to be truckers.;)

In closing, if anyone out there has had this type of problem, and resolved it. Please let us know, and give WBCody a hand. Suggestions would also be appreciated. Keep in mind that this game does not have a Gamma/Brightness setting. That in itself is a design flaw. This is a feature most games have for people with vision problems. I know a few of you are computer wizards, so let’s here from you.:cool:

WBCody
06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
The only settings that I don't have set to max are Shadows and Reflections - they bog down the game too much. Other than that everything else is turned on and set to maximum. And yes you're right it is a graphics issue. And the problem has to do with my 10 year old 20" CRT Monitor that just isn't as bright as it used to be. Like I said before, games always run dark on my system and every other game I've played lets you set the Gamma/Brightness somewhere so it's usually not an issue. And buying a new monitor just to play this game is not in the budget right now, especially in today's screwed up economy as I can barely make ends meet as it is...

As for the purchase of the game, I bought it off eBay in a sealed retail box.
And here's a couple of screenies from in the cab at night - Rural without city lights and Raining at Dusk. The only way I can see at night when it's raining is to pick a car and follow behind using his lights as a beacon. My healights don't illuminate the road surface under the water.

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo01.jpg

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo03.jpg

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo02.jpg

USA Trucker
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow! That is a bit dark. As for the box version of your game, you do not need to install the Hotfix Patch. The DVD comes with it already in place. This is why your attempt to install it failed.

Happy trucking:cool:

WBCody
06-01-2011, 03:33 PM
While I have this on my mind, this is just an interesting observation on a different subject and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. When you upgrade to the external mirrors that mount to the hood and fenders of the truck, both mirrors only reflect the left side of the truck. So the right side mirror sees (reflects) the same thing as the left side mirror. Kinda awkward...

http://www.wbcody.com/rigNroll/Photo07.jpg

USA Trucker
06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes it was. I believe it was stated in the ‘Bug Issue’ thread.

WBCody
06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow! That is a bit dark. As for the box version of your game, you do not need to install the Hotfix Patch. The DVD comes with it already in place. This is why your attempt to install it failed.

Happy trucking:cool:

So this is the Patched version...Wow, unbelievably disappointing! Kind of sad actually that a game developer would even release an un-playable game to the public with no want or desire to make it right. It takes the fun out of the game when you can't even complete a run without the game crashing to the desktop, or destroying your truck because of some invisible object in the roadway, or driving off the end of the world because of a disappearing landscape. Man I thought Hard Truck 2 was bug ridden, but this one takes the cake. I'm just glad that I didn't pay full retail for this when the game was 1st released.

Well, thanks for your help, I think I'm just gonna file this one away to where it belongs and just not worry about it anymore. To wait so long in anticipation to play this - the end result is very disappointing indeed...

Thanks Again - Cody out....

kal2
06-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi!

I have been playing for a couple of months and everything was working great but now i have updated my drivers for my Radeon 4890. And the wheels have disappeared and the cab interior is messed up.

I re-installed the game (did'nt help) and then I rolled back the driver but the wheels are still gone. :confused:

Any body know what I can do?

Chris

if ur using an ATI videocard disable AA to get the wheels and interior to show up

44MACKdaz91
02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
i am having a problem with my Rig n Roll gameplay. when ever i enter the 'Nick Trucking' office, it takes awhile to load at first but then the mouse cursor appears but with a blank screen. i cant buy or edit the company or anything as such. any help or suggestion to how i can have this problem fixed would be great.

thanks

USA Trucker
02-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. ;)

Please don't create threads where one already exist. This is the graphics problem thread.

Please list your systems specs like you see mine, in my signature below. Then maybe I can help you better.;)

charlytos
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Friends, how King of the road game hasn't section put question here. Playing King of Road on P4, agp ati 3450 graphic card connection, windows xp, no problem with textures.
Playing game with Intel quadcore, pci-e nvidia gt 440 graphic card, windows xp os begins problem with textures. Part of road, background around roads and building dissapear of screen. Not canning to play it well. Rarely playing with oldest Hard Truck II doesn't present textures problem on Intel quadcore computer.
Why with windows xp, textures well on old P4 and bad textures from Intel quadcore computer?. Thanks, if anyone gives me answer to clarify this problem.

USA Trucker
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
We do have a Graphics section, and it is here. Bear in mind, that this is not a "King of the Road" forum. Please state questions relating to "Ring 'n' Roll" only, on this forum. ;)

charlytos
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
USA trucker, pardon my error of section used.
Please, delete you full this thread and the new error on Cryostasis, technical issues with name threat King of the road, graphic error.
I saw that general technical isues are on group Other, creting there the correct place for my new thread mentioned. Thanks friend.