PDA

View Full Version : Things That Should Be Corrected, Improved & New Ideas.

Freak Of Nature
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
As pook suggested I created this thread, so feel free to express your opinions, wishes, suggestions... for future add-ons, patches :)

Whiskey
08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
untill we play the game we can't really see what things we miss.

But, I want multiplayer. It would be really nice

obsolum
08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
untill we play the game we can't really see what things we miss.
Agreed. We can't say what the game needs before we know what it already has.

Freak Of Nature
08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
There is no need to discuss this question right now if you don't want to. I just created this thread because other users already have some suggestions.

pook
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Yy. Multiplayer is priority no:1

trucknisse
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah, multiplayer would definitely be cool. And with the multiplayer it would be nice to have a short range radio where you talk to other players within range based on your current location.

Another cool thing would be local radio stations, based on your current location. Actually, it wouldnt be too difficult to implement this, and to let you stream real radio stations if you are connected to the internet. You could let the radio pick these based on your location in the game. That would be super cool.

Qwx
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes, I agree with trucknisse. That would be super awesome! :D I realy hope they at least consider this idea.

Another thing that popped into my head long ago, was rentable billboard advert space ingame, that would be automatically updated every time you launch the game. Developers could rent billboards to real companies, maybe even for a very small fee. And they could/should create fictional adverts database, that could be used to fill in the gaps, if some space was left unrented. I would love to see those billboards constantly changing from time to time, just like in the real world. Also real ads in ad space does little harm ;].

GinXeng
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Another thing that popped into my head long ago, was rentable billboard advert space ingame, that would be automatically updated every time you launch the game. Developers could rent billboards to real companies, maybe even for a very small fee. And they could/should create fictional adverts database, that could be used to fill in the gaps, if some space was left unrented. I would love to see those billboards constantly changing from time to time, just like in the real world. Also real ads in ad space does little harm ;].This is a terrible ******* idea, this has been done before with EA games. They almost got sued over this, ads being placed into our computers with out agreeing to it. I dont want to see ads in real life and I sure as hell dont want to it in a video game. Fake in game ads I can understand, but having real time ads downloading as you play, no.

Azabache
08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
REALISTIC transmissions

KENWORTH
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
few truck and trailer mods to go with up to date trucks and stuff

DaWolf
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
1. MULTIPLAYER
2. mods, with which you can change the sound of a truck.

nicknackpaddywack
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
REALISTIC transmissions

professional addon, extra gears for people with custom built h gate gear boxes, or the ability to program any gear and add new commands easilly into the game like range change and split shift!

drexit
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
More trucks and next states (Nevada, ...)

movo.
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Let them first just release the game instead of debate about addons..:-?

trucknisse
09-17-2009, 08:36 AM
More trucks and next states (Nevada, ...)

Nevada should be fairly easy, besides Las Vegas and Reno, there is only the very sparsely populated high desert with a few tiny mining towns here and there.

But yeah, it would be fun. And please add Arizona as well, the grand canyon state. And Utah, the most beautiful state in the US (No, its not my native state).

nicknackpaddywack
09-17-2009, 09:40 AM
i think asking for a bigger map or map addons is a little ambitious lol

yuhui2009
09-17-2009, 05:29 PM
The first addons/patches : Las Vegas, Nevada

Ask by http://rignroll.taba.ru

Would not preclude the future plans to expand to:

Seattle, Portland Phoenix. Etc!

Stan
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Add-ons, add-ins, mods, stuff... I think what we are missing is the GAME in the first place. With over six years of development and release date postponed several times, I believe we'll have to wait a few more years for the game to be released, let alone add-ons or mods. :(

Freak Of Nature
09-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Add-ons, add-ins, mods, stuff... I think what we are missing is the GAME in the first place. With over six years of development and release date postponed several times, I believe we'll have to wait a few more years for the game to be released, let alone add-ons or mods. :(

Complaining about long development won't make the game to be released sooner. We have a release date, and it's final, the game will be released on November 27. Add-ons are already in development so this thread isn't as useless as you think.

lonewlf
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Multiplayer ..to play against or with online peeps..something like peeps joining ur company..or u hire drivers around the world to play in rignroll and give them a company truck to drive ..etc etc..:o

drexit
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Multiplayer ..to play against or with online peeps..something like peeps joining ur company..or u hire drivers around the world to play in rignroll and give them a company truck to drive ..etc etc..:o

Yeah that´s what I want too :grin:

Qwx
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
There is an interest in some sort of Developers Kit, or some other patch, which would let modify the game :)

lonewlf
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
expansion of map area

Benedettini
10-03-2009, 06:55 AM
-Map editor
-Realstic Transmissions
-New trucks
-Utah
-Some more minor edits like interior hanging items or headshaking dogs etc :D

yuhui2009
10-03-2009, 05:34 PM
There is no map editor

evh5150vanhalen
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
There is no map editor

""What do you want to see in upcoming RnR addons/patches""

yuhui2009
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Official said: About a year later the release of RnR addons / patches

[Vegas addons ] Charges

TehM1ZZL3
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Good points:
- Graphics, excellent better than ETS and Extreme Trucker etc..
- Good detail in Roads
- Damage is good and very detail
- Fuel and Repair your truck
- Restaurant and Hotel
- Reactions on Traffic (when driving on the wrong side not just like ETS be pigheaded and don't go away like in real life people will do but this is like real)
- Communicator Option (lots of information, which I am able to make out of Russian language)

Suggestions:
- Police don't go after you when overtake a car (or police car) without any reason for it because you don't touch their car
- Translation Patch Russian-English would be nice for us (taking me hours to translate it with Google -.-)
- Speed limit not set
- More arcade racing action game than a good proper simulator game (know that you can do it on your own rate but you still get less money in time and also your trailers giving the impression of 'racing')
- No time in the stafe above with speed and delivery time etc..

Furthermore it's a nice game :)

flykas
12-27-2009, 03:11 PM
-Physic should be redone to be realistic.
-Sound fixed.
-Add technical failures like braiking of gearbox because of shifting into reverse while driving fast.

bjorn324
12-27-2009, 08:46 PM
The truck is very difficult to keep in control in corners. I know they don't have traction control but the throttle is a bit too sensitive. The sharp corners are almost impossible, when you toch the throttle you make an U turn.

obsolum
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
The truck is very difficult to keep in control in corners. I know they don't have traction control but the throttle is a bit too sensitive. The sharp corners are almost impossible, when you toch the throttle you make an U turn.
What are you using to play the game? Keyboard or a steering wheel with pedals?

bjorn324
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Steering wheel with pedals. I mostly have the problem when it's pooring rain, than it is like it just frozen -4 C.

Divebomb
02-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Steering wheel with pedals. I mostly have the problem when it's pooring rain, than it is like it just frozen -4 C.

yeah, it's glitchy sometimes when making turns. I've had the u-turn thing happen even on just fast lanechanges. there is something weird going on there definitely. maybe it's related to trailer onto truck physics or something.

02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
-Speedlimit sings
-Graphic problems
-In game can't go to main menu(GAME>ESC>MAIN MENU)
-Map zoom would be nice
-More trucks and trailers (Kenworth K100 would be nice too :D)
-Hands on the steering wheel
+Very good game :DD

novatekk
02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
-Map zoom would be nice

You can use ctrl-tab to change the scale.

chosenvessel33
03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
IDk, I've never had a problem with steering. The only time i have problems is when my truck is damaged. However, when I am in steep curves, I just let go of the accelerator and just cruise through the curves(after braking to a sensible speed) Of course I use the steering wheel and pedals, but it turns within the lane that I am in. If you are doing U-turns in curves, you must be going to fast or turning too hard.

Felix08
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
For me, maybe make work the right hood mirror correctly without having to move your view to the right.

USA Trucker
05-02-2010, 06:59 PM
For me, maybe make work the right hood mirror correctly without having to move your view to the right.

Forget the hood mirrors. It's a waste of money until it's fixed. Instead, buy the rear view camera/monitor in the repair/upgrade shop. When you get it, press the M key, and you get a nice rear view image. I use it extensively.

Mr luder
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM

also bend all the mirrors as it would be realistic.
mirrors are always bended slightly for a bigger range to see what's behind you.

kennyb87
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I have never used the camera on the back really I use the mirrors and find that to be enough but that may be to what I have traffic density set on

Dnkiwi
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
hi guys i have been thinking about the idea of a virtual Cb for RnR useing the team speak software so that those who would like a cb type of setup can chat with other players and am wondering how many would use it.

USA Trucker
05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
hi guys i have been thinking about the idea of a virtual Cb for RnR useing the team speak software so that those who would like a cb type of setup can chat with other players and am wondering how many would use it.

How would this be used in the game? It sounds like a multi-player issue that the game is not designed for, or are you talking about communicating with the AI truckers that you hire? I'm wondering how this would be implanted in the game world. I remember 18WoS having a generic CB to get general information, but became dull, and repetitive.

Dnkiwi
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
How would this be used in the game? It sounds like a multi-player issue that the game is not designed for, or are you talking about communicating with the AI truckers that you hire? I'm wondering how this would be implanted in the game world. I remember 18WoS having a generic CB to get general information, but became dull, and repetitive.

this would use team speack which can be used both in and out the game as a voice over ip which will alower other players around the globe to chat to each other and simulate a cb without modifying the game in anyway shape or form so even though RnR is not multiplayer you be able talk in realtime to fellow players as if u using a cb they this function in microsofts flight simulator hope this helps.

USA Trucker
05-05-2010, 10:40 AM
this would use team speack which can be used both in and out the game as a voice over ip which will alower other players around the globe to chat to each other and simulate a cb without modifying the game in anyway shape or form so even though RnR is not multiplayer you be able talk in realtime to fellow players as if u using a cb they this function in microsofts flight simulator hope this helps.

That sounds great for the communicating type, but I wouldn't use it. Now if RnR could implant CB usage for the AI truck drivers that you hire...... Well that would be fantastic. Think of the possibilities.:grin:

Dnkiwi
05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
That sounds great for the communicating type, but I wouldn't use it. Now if RnR could implant CB usage for the AI truck drivers that you hire...... Well that would be fantastic. Think of the possibilities.:grin:

i have to agree hence why me my friend who run our own website have come up with this idear to give the delovpers some incentive and provide an alternative for those wanting to have that feature in the meantime and there would no charge at all as all would be welcome to use it also it could be used to pass on tips and advice to others who need walked through some of the setups. but i know i have tired it myself and found it to be alot of fun

GinXeng
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I used to do this when I owned my old trucking community (TruckSims). I had a teamspeak server and also a SAMP server where we would drive trucks together.

Dnkiwi
05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
at the moment we are just floating the idear to gauge interest but if theres the number who would use it then it could be set up with little effort and time

obsolum
05-07-2010, 06:12 AM
This just seems weird to me. This would be an awesome idea if RnR supported multiplayer but as it is now there just wouldn't be any point to it at all IMO. I mean, what would you talk about? The players would all be in seperate "worlds" with different driving conditions etc so it's not like you could say "hey guys, anyone know what the weather is like near Oxnard" or "I'm currently on the I95 on my way to such and such, anyone heading the same way?" or stuff like that. For all you know the other guy could just as well be playing a totally different game, it would make no difference at all.

Just my 2 cents :)

USA Trucker
05-07-2010, 11:01 AM
This just seems weird to me. This would be an awesome idea if RnR supported multiplayer but as it is now there just wouldn't be any point to it at all IMO. I mean, what would you talk about? The players would all be in seperate "worlds" with different driving conditions etc so it's not like you could say "hey guys, anyone know what the weather is like near Oxnard" or "I'm currently on the I95 on my way to such and such, anyone heading the same way?" or stuff like that. For all you know the other guy could just as well be playing a totally different game, it would make no difference at all.

I was trying to convey that very point, but I think you hit the nail on the head, better then I did a few postings back.

Dnkiwi
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM

As stated in my above post this is just a idear and players could talk about anything not just RnR but in saying that it would be ideal for offering help to other players who may need walked through a mission etc

FLN
05-07-2010, 12:49 PM
It could be a kind of online chat game tutors, but I really wonder how many people would use it.
Now I can see only few people posting even in this official forum...
Not many questions about the game itself here too.

Personally I would not use it because of not good at hearing and speaking English at all and also I don't know anything about real CB matters too :-P

Felix08
05-11-2010, 12:23 AM
For me it would be to fix the hood mirror

and fixe the problem that you can't take a load in a warehouse cause it tells you already have a current mission but you don't!

danizzz
05-11-2010, 09:25 AM
If we had a trucking game it could have been a great idea....but i dont see a good trucking game around....!!!

Dnkiwi
05-12-2010, 07:02 AM
It could be a kind of online chat game tutors, but I really wonder how many people would use it.
Now I can see only few people posting even in this official forum...
Not many questions about the game itself here too.

Personally I would not use it because of not good at hearing and speaking English at all and also I don't know anything about real CB matters too :-P

that was my other idear for it but i guess the need has to be there first
but i love your input

Blackstone
05-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the guys from 1C Company dont really care about feedback for RNR. Even the RNR Mainpage isnt uptodate. Still April 16th. There are no details about a german release. :mad: So i am done with that game...i will not buy this garbage. I save my money for Games they are really worth to buy, with an even better support.

Nice work 1C ...after YEARS of waiting such a game with no Support

What a shame! :evil::evil::evil:

lwquade66
06-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Here is my 2 cents.

1. The AI. To put it simply, fix them. They drive too slow, in US speed limit is 65mph now in most areas, they brake too hard in turns, most freeway turns are takable around 45mph, and they cant change lanes gradually, they seem to cross 3-4 lanes of freeway to exit.

2. The police need revised. They cite you even if the AI hits the side of your trailer. Here in the US, it is not required to give way to person merging into traffic, that person must yeild to existing traffic. And the police also hit you and then give you a citation for hitting them.

3. The normal mission ratio needs increased. I like the competition and race missions but once in a while I like to take a timed normal run.

4. The color schemes on the trucks is very limited. Why cant we have the ability to mod one skin for a company skin or at least have the full color spectrum?

5. Not enough truck makes. Forgot about most of the trucks seen on the road today or even 5 years ago. Trucks like FL Columbia, all Macks, Pete 386, just to name a few.

6. The right side mirrors dont display the right side of truck.

Other than that this game is awsome. :)

USA Driver
06-05-2010, 10:16 PM
The overuse of road signs needs to be reduced. I don't know if this is normal in California or not.
There's like a (EX. "I-80 WEST Cityname here") sign every.. 1000 FT, it seems like. In RL they should be seperated by.. say, 5 miles?

I expected to see a simple interstate marker on the side of the road, like in RL.

Also, for goodness sakes, if you're going to block the god damn road to the LA Convention Center, don't do it at the bottom of the ramp. :P The blocked off ramps are annoying enough. But stopping on the ramp and the only way to get back on the interstate is to go in reverse..

Also, implement more of the California traffic rules into the game. Why post these "tips" that have nothing to do with trucking traffic laws, when hardly any of them are in the game?
Such as keep the so-called "fast lane" (left lane) clear of 35MPH-going AI drivers.

kennyb87
06-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Well when you think of the map being 1-10th scale I would say the road signs are enough. I do agree with the traffic tho mate they do go too damn slow It's worse when you are on a single carriage lane and you cannot avoertake

USA Driver
06-06-2010, 01:06 AM
IMO, they still overdid the signs. I know the roads are 1-10th the scale, but that doesn't mean they should do this.

Go to Temecula via I-15N. You'll see two signs showing the same thing infront of the Temecula Warehouse overpass. Both saying;
"Los Angeles
I-15 NORTH" (which doesn't make sense because I-15 doesn't go to LA in real life. Especially when going North)
This is a perfect example of signs being overdone.

One other thing, and I can't believe they left this typo go unnoticed. But what was to be the exit to Pasadena (the picture of the epic road sign in Los Angeles a few years ago), was changed to;
"Harbor Fwy
Downdown"
Should be changed to "Downtown". Not like it NEEDS to be changed, but it's confusing.

USA Trucker
06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I expected to see a simple interstate marker on the side of the road, like in RL.

Also, for goodness sakes, if you're going to block the god damn road to the LA Convention Center, don't do it at the bottom of the ramp. :P The blocked off ramps are annoying enough. But stopping on the ramp and the only way to get back on the interstate is to go in reverse.

Also, implement more of the California traffic rules into the game. Why post these "tips" that have nothing to do with trucking traffic laws, when hardly any of them are in the game?
Such as keep the so-called "fast lane" (left lane) clear of 35MPH-going AI drivers.

I agree with your statements. I especially like the part about interstate markers. This would be greatly appreciated, and add more realism to the game. As for the ramps... I fell for this too. Why bother putting up a blockade at the end of an exit if it's going nowhere from the main highway?? When I did it I had a bob-tailer behind me so, my only choice was to ram it, or reload a previous saved game. I opted for the reload so, I wouldn't have to pay a fine. :evil:

The AI traffic really needs to be overhauled. These complaints are all over the forum. I once had a car appear in front of me at night on an empty highway with me doing about 90mph. Good thing I have lots of saves!! 35mph on a lightly filled highway is a joke, and you wouldn't see that on a real highway unless it was for a bottleneck, a popular exist ramp, construction, or accident/rubbernecking.

veemaxis
06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
I didn't read the patching list until today but I guess they should add a few more things that wouldn't be hard to do I guess, just like:

* Proper trailer physics allowing them to swing / turn / roll / move as an actual real trailer and not as if it is "stuck" in some part of the semi "locking" the trailer;

* Allowing us to brake the truck when we run out of gas (because when the gas is over, the truck is uncontrolable besides its steering, you cannot brake to make it stop faster);

* Add the use of real world gear speeds (8; 10; 13; 15, etc...);

There are a few more things I just can't remember now, but I'd add the ones I wrote above.

EDIT:
I just remembered something else.

* Improve the game speed from the outskirts of Atascadero until Past San Francisco, specially when you're cruising through San Jose, after all, running at 15 FPS and less is kind of annoying...

EDIT II:
I remembered one other thing guys.

* Correct the water splash on the windshield of the Freightliner Classic XL (currently there's no rain splash on the windshield).

M76
07-05-2010, 07:44 AM
The most important thing to fix is the mission issues that prevent you from advancing in the storyline.

Trailer physics, when going in reverse.

The weather system, I've been playing for a few weeks now and I'm yet to encounter a single drop of rain.

Other improvements that would greatly enhance the enjoyability of the game:

Manual hitching and unhitching of trailers. its ridiculous that no matter where you are if you're close enough to the trailer it just pops into place. Also you can unhitch or hitch the trailer while traveling at breakneck speeds without any problem.

You can run into gas stations and repair stations and other places at 100 mph. If you already have the 10mph limit for hitchhikers why not put the same rule to effect at these places as well?

Also about diners why is it that you have to go close to the building itself and you don't have to park.

It would be nice if you could get out of the truck when its stopped, and walk manually into diners offices, etc.

There are no parked cars or trucks anywhere in the game, all the lots are completely empty.

The traffic should be more aware of you, if you come up behind them and flash your lights, or sound the horn they should get out of the fast lane.

Also the way the traffic changes lanes is completely crazy they almost stop and start going perpendicular to the road sometimes. Also if I load a game all the traffic starts to change lanes erratically in front of me.

Allow me to decide if I want to take a job on the phone, after I've been given the details about where from and where to. How could I decide to accept a job or not if I don't know if it fits into my schedule or not. All I can do is save constantly in case a call comes in and I have to take the job to check out where does it take me. And if its unacceptable I have to load the last save game and turn it down. This really breaks up the flow of the game that I constantly have to go back to previous saves.

USA Trucker
07-06-2010, 09:02 AM
The most important thing to fix is the mission issues that prevent you from advancing in the storyline.

How does any 'Side Mission' prevent you from advancing in the 'Story Line'? I have never experienced this.

Allow me to decide if I want to take a job on the phone, after I've been given the details about where from and where to. How could I decide to accept a job or not if I don't know if it fits into my schedule or not. All I can do is save constantly in case a call comes in and I have to take the job to check out where does it take me. And if its unacceptable I have to load the last save game and turn it down. This really breaks up the flow of the game that I constantly have to go back to previous saves.

You sure do take the fun, and mystery out this game. See my thread "SPOILER ALERT!", and go to post #20 (Side Missions), and look at all the Side Mission Videos. There isn't one of them that doesn't tell you where to make a pick up, and drop it off. It's up to you (like a real trucker) to decide if you want to accept it, keeping in mind the loads, and missions you currently have. The person on the other end of the CB doesn't know your current load/mission status. This is part of the design, mystery, and fun of the game. You seem to want this portion of the game to be detailed for your own satisfaction. It's part of the game design, and requires you to think, and experiment with it. I've tried to convey this to you before, and you just can't seem to get any kind of grip on this. You keep calling it a design flaw, programming error, glitch, or what ever. It's not. It's done on purpose, and they're not going to change it to please you, and you seem to be the only one complaining about it, and doing it often.

Play it, learn it, experiment with it, and for crying-out-loud try to have fun, and enjoy it!

Melkor
07-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Out of all the people on this forum M76, is the most obsurd person ive seen so far
He says he hasnt seen one drop of rain so far?, maybe he needs to turn it on in the video settings, then he complains the side missions might interfere with his story line? Wow he is a complete retard seriously, side missions come up again if u skip it once to continue on with the Main story line, and if u turn traffic settings to maximum you will see traffic parked in lots.
All u do is complain and never try to solve the problem yourself or even try to use what is in that thick hallow skull of yours. Please just leave the forum already USA_Truck constantly has to tell you to stop re-posting issues and to stop complaining about the same thing on other people's posts. Seriously are you like 12 or completely retarded (Sorry for my rage USA_Trucker, but this kid probably annoys me and several other people on this forum)

USA Trucker
07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Out of all the people on this forum M76, is the most obsurd person ive seen so far
He says he hasnt seen one drop of rain so far?, maybe he needs to turn it on in the video settings, then he complains the side missions might interfere with his story line? Wow he is a complete retard seriously, side missions come up again if u skip it once to continue on with the Main story line, and if u turn traffic settings to maximum you will see traffic parked in lots.
All u do is complain and never try to solve the problem yourself or even try to use what is in that thick hallow skull of yours. Please just leave the forum already USA_Truck constantly has to tell you to stop re-posting issues and to stop complaining about the same thing on other people's posts. Seriously are you like 12 or completely retarded (Sorry for my rage USA_Trucker, but this kid probably annoys me and several other people on this forum)

Let's not get into name calling, and insults toward another member. You all know my view on this point. There are better ways to address the situation, and I play no favorites. You have been warned, and an infraction was issued. I'm not disagreeing with your post. Just the way you presented it. I'm warning both of you, and anyone else, if any further retaliation is made I will ban you for the amount of time I deem necessary to make my point. Friend, or no Friend. Melkor, you need to control yourself, as I once asked you to do. I do not like to ban anyone, so don't push it. This ends here, and now!

M76
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
How does any 'Side Mission' prevent you from advancing in the 'Story Line'? I have never experienced this.

For example when its not a side mission? Or when the side mission gets stuck and you can't accept new jobs.
You sure do take the fun, and mystery out this game. See my thread "SPOILER ALERT!", and go to post #20 (Side Missions), and look at all the Side Mission Videos. There isn't one of them that doesn't tell you where to make a pick up, and drop it off.
You're still trying to make me look stupid, and I really don't appreciate that. There were numerous jobs where either the pickup location, drop off point or both weren't discusses until after I accepted the freaking job. There is one particular mission I remember exactly because that's the most recent one. I was traveling from lone pine to mojave and on the right side of the road there was a trailer and a man standing beside it I emphasize the fact that it was on the right side of the road, so I assumed that's the direction it needs to be taken. I accepted the job, and AFTER pressing Yes, Nick asks where do I have to take it. The answer was Reno, which is exactly the opposite direction. So Please stop saying that you get the location everytime because its clearly not the case.

It's up to you (like a real trucker) to decide if you want to accept it, keeping in mind the loads, and missions you currently have. The person on the other end of the CB doesn't know your current load/mission status.
And he still doesn't get it. Who said anything about MY STATUS? But ME MYSELF NICK THE MAIN CHARACTER, does know if he has an iq over fifty that he is already on a timed job, and that he cannot decide to take on another assignment without this particular piece of information, so he needs to ask it but nooo, the game goes like this:
-Do you want the job Y/N
-Yes, where do I have to go?
-You have to go to the other end of the continent in five minutes.
-Ok, Now I have to use my time machine and go back to the beginning of the conversation and turn the job down.

You really don't see anything wrong with this?

Also there are the remarks where the client says that its not urgent and gives me five minutes to do it, which is only enough if I drop all loads and start racing to the pickup at maximum speed. Other times they say it has to be done very quickly and then the time limit is 60 minutes.

This is part of the design, mystery, and fun of the game. You seem to want this portion of the game to be detailed for your own satisfaction. It's part of the game design, and requires you to think, and experiment with it. I've tried to convey this to you before, and you just can't seem to get any kind of grip on this. You keep calling it a design flaw, programming error, glitch, or what ever. It's not. It's done on purpose, and they're not going to change it to please you, and you seem to be the only one complaining about it, and doing it often.
Its not mystery its stupidity have you ever encountered a logistics or trucking company that would accept jobs in the middle of another job without knowing anything about the job? I guess it would go out of business very soon, or maybe it was a money laundering front, because then it wouldn't matter how profitable it is.

I never said its a programming error, that would be very stupid of me, because clearly this is a conceptual error. And I don't give a damn what their intention was with it, when the result is pure annoyance.

USA Trucker
07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I accepted the job, and AFTER pressing Yes, Nick asks where do I have to take it. The answer was Reno, which is exactly the opposite direction. So Please stop saying that you get the location everytime because its clearly not the case.

The fact is he did tell you, didn't he? You weren't totally left in the dark. I was referring to CB Calls. Hitch-hikers, and people you meet are a little different. When you meet them it's pot luck, and a chance you're taking just like in real life. This part of the game I find amusing, and is what draws me into it. I like a certain amount of uncertainty.

And he still doesn't get it. Who said anything about MY STATUS? But ME MYSELF NICK THE MAIN CHARACTER, does know if he has an iq over fifty that he is already on a timed job, and that he cannot decide to take on another assignment without this particular piece of information, so he needs to ask it but nooo, the game goes like this:
-Do you want the job Y/N
-Yes, where do I have to go?
-You have to go to the other end of the continent in five minutes.
-Ok, Now I have to use my time machine and go back to the beginning of the conversation and turn the job down. You really don't see anything wrong with this?

No, I don't. It's you that has to make the decision based on the information you have, and the loads/missions you currently accepted. However, I don't remember too many 5 minute missions. Maybe they were the ones I rejected anyway. As of now I'm going through my third game to list some more spoilers, and thus far I haven't encountered a Side Mission that didn't tell me pick up & drop off destinations before I answered YES, and that includes some people I met on the side of the road.

Its not mystery its stupidity have you ever encountered a logistics or trucking company that would accept jobs in the middle of another job without knowing anything about the job? I guess it would go out of business very soon, or maybe it was a money laundering front, because then it wouldn't matter how profitable it is.

Were you ever a trucker?? I had many job offerings while on the road. Pick up here, and drop it off there. I didn't get the full story until I met with the merchant, and got the bill of laden. That company is still in business across the US. Ask any OTR trucker that question, and over 75% will tell you YES, and they're probably working with a highly reputable company. This helps a trucker from "Dead-Heading", and greatly aids him/her if they're carrying a half a load. This is precisely what keeps a trucking company in business.

Either way you, and I seem to be at an impasse. It's just a part of the game you're going to have to deal with yourself. I have no problem with this feature of the game. As I said before, I think is adds some mystery to the game, and I like mysteries. I also don't mind making multiple saves, and reloading to see the "What If" results if I chose to accept, or refuse a mission. This always seems to greatly help me when I play the game over. With a game like this I sit with a pad & pencil. I like to take notes. I'm already beginning a list of how much each mission is worth, and how much the penalty is for canceling it. I may even put in the time limits too.:cool:

RWmods01
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
In my eye, it still seems a bit "unreal" such as the logos on the trailers, they need to get rid of that. The trucks are pretty good, but that's a tiny portion of what we have in cali. We have lot's more trucks here, like Fords, More stock western stars, hell lot more volvo and international's and freightliners. The trailes are good, but like i said with trucks, there's only a tiny bit. we have lots of belly dump doubles here, lots of 53' vans and dropdeck vans, and lots of Container trailers

What i really would love to see in here:

Real licensed logos (Taco bell, Peterbilt, Kenworth)
Doubles!! No B-doubles, cali doesn't have that, just reg. doubles
More Trucks!!
More Trailers!!
Better trailer physics
No dead truckstops
Smarter Traffic
A tad bit more cities (Covina, Irwindale, Hemet, Leemore, More Urban Cities and More Northern Cities)
A little bit more "action and fun"
Option to manually dock trailers at Docks, Gas Stations, Refineries, etc depending on trailer
A bit more things with what a real trucker would have in mind.

;)

Pete379x
07-11-2010, 03:37 AM
I remember seeing the Internationals trucks but I guess they removed them because they couldn't get the license?

SnyperD
07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
-When you press the clutch and gas at the same time truck shouldn't start accelerating !
-Traffic should change lane slower, with caution and blinker and with paying attetntion to Player

logan8
07-18-2010, 07:10 PM
hi

the game is good but the police want money from me because someone crashed in my truck. thats very stupid.

and another one is: i open some new offices but can´t get in because they are not exist.

hope so that you make an update in the next time with these improvements.

greetings

smoke

I would do with pleasure an improvement 1. More money 2. More bulls 3.all ways with him drive backward in dead ends / highways 4. an autopilot I of to order to me also do can shake 5. a Minnigun for roof with it I swearing customers and bulls immediately with 150 shots the second wegballern greeting is able to do thus your soliddriver

PS: Oh, I see one still I have ascertained this my semitrailer always itself uncouples improvement outside mirror detonation from cars / filling stations / houses or burstting people nicely lasts in the moving / to see, otherwise, notices never do him One uncouples to THANKS

shof
07-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Is there a way to get both the left and right side mirrors on the screen when using the cockpit view similar to the setup in 18 wheels of steel where i can have the mirror displayed. Its annoying to use the mouse to move the camera so i can look at the mirror

logan8
07-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Is there a way to get both the left and right side mirrors on the screen when using the cockpit view similar to the setup in 18 wheels of steel where i can have the mirror displayed. Its annoying to use the mouse to move the camera so i can look at the mirror

no but you can buy some new mirrors in some truck stations and they are in front of your truck.so you dont need the other ones again.

see you

logan

USA Trucker
07-20-2010, 02:22 AM
no but you can buy some new mirrors in some truck stations and they are in front of your truck.so you dont need the other ones again.

see you

logan

Actually, a better way is to get the "Monitor". If you buy the mirrors in front of your truck, you will find that the left & right mirrors will be left mirrors only.

SuperToast
07-21-2010, 01:58 PM
There was only one time I experienced a horrible glitch in the game, where the truck and trailer both launched a mile into the air. I sat and waited for both to fall back down, quite amused yet annoyed that I had gone so far without a save. To my luck, the trailer landed on the opposite site of the road, across from a barrier on I-80. Wish I had taken some pictures, but didn't think of it at the time...

From what I remember it was I-80 westbound, right before the I-5 interchange. I drove around the ramp to pick up the trailer, backed into it to bring it rightside up again, only have the police on my tail (what a surprise). That was a problematic trip, but otherwise I haven't seen many catastrophic bugs.

Is it just me, or does the Freightliner Classic XL not pick up any rain on its windshield? That's my favorite truck in the game, but I decided to trade it in as I found it unrealistic having it pour rain around me but not need the wipers.

Speaking of the rain, does anyone experience a full overcast when it's raining? It seems to always been sunny despite it pouring down rain, does it have to do with the difficulty level I chose?

Also, the traffic not only travel unbearably slow, and inch their way around the corners, but they seem to drop the FPS quite a bit too.

Also one tiny thing, I noticed that in the showroom when viewing a truck the correct marker lights would light up when the headlights were on (like the turn signals), but they won't when you're actually driving. All the normal flares work fine, it's just the turn signals are usually also "flares" or parking lights.

It would be great of these bugs could be fixed in an upcoming patch. Otherwise, it's an excellent game :grin:

Kimmy
07-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Are there any expansions planned for this game?

I’d like to see the whole of the USA as the map. What a game that would be! You could then drive from Florida to Seattle.

Traffic lights and roundabouts would be nice together with a bigger playing area and better weather (more realistic). I’ve had three weeks dry followed by three weeks rain.

Can you loose the police? I get chased all the time but I can never outrun them. Is it possible or am I wasting my time?

Please help if you can.

Please don't ask SPOILERS Questions. They will be deleted if not placed in the proper SPOILER thread. You should know better.

Kimmy

USA Trucker
07-29-2010, 02:52 AM
You can't outrun the police. Stop crashing into cars, and they won't bother you.

Patrick
07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Fix the cut scenes. Many times it just automatically cuts some words from someone. And Many times the words arent the same as the subtitles.
Make some speed limit signs. And make some more deliveries where you dont have to race. I dont want to search much to find a non-racing delivery

You should be able to set the driving difficulty yourself without changing the Difficulty level(which also changes the delivery times). I have the easiest level so I dont have to race to transport every delivery in time.

mark39
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
hope this is in the right place if not can admin move it...;)

ok after playing for a while now i have a couple of suggestions for the game developers that hopefully they might put in any future patch or fix for both D/L version and CD version..

1)with regards to the side missions i have noticed that it is impossible to do them all especially when you are in a certain area and you get a few come in at once,so would it be possible to be able to have a third option instead of just yes or no,something along the lines of "im in the middle of something now but will get to it later",then you can activate it in your journal when you are ready,i think this would be a good idea because i would really like to do all side missions.

2)i also think that you should be able to access your office planner from your truck just like you can access your journal,this is so you can manage everything when you are not near one of your offices.

3)i think i have seen this one somewhere before but i will say it anyway,please can you implement a toggle switch on the menu to turn the timer off as this would make this game more better,if you want to race against the clock then good,if you dont then at least you have that option of turning it off

4)this one is not really for the developers but for anyone who can maybe answer it,i am sure i saw something somewhere that showed this game with pedestrians in it but i dont have any in my game,did they not put them in or is it not available with the CD version or do i have to D/L a patch/fix,any help on this one is appreciated....:grin:

USA Trucker
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
@Mark39,

Please take some time to read/search the threads. You continue to post "I'm not sure this is the right place", and I continue to relocate your postings. If I can find the appropriate area, so can you. This is just being lazy. I have better things to do. So be considerate to your fellow readers, and me.

mark39
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
@Mark39,

Please take some time to read/search the threads. You continue to post "I'm not sure this is the right place", and I continue to relocate your postings. If I can find the appropriate area, so can you. This is just being lazy. I have better things to do. So be considerate to your fellow readers, and me.

yeah sorry usa trucker,i found this thread after i posted but was unable to move it,i do use the search but didnt find what i was looking for which is why i posted where i did,i will do my best to post in the proper place in future.....:cool:

hert
08-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Ok a lot of good suggestions. But here is mine.

1) The timer shouldn't be completely abolished but instead amended so you get a penalty if cargo is late instead of voiding the whole cargo.

2)Add traffic signals at certain places like when your in S.F and heading from the freeway towards Lombard Street-G.G. Bridge. You must make a left turn onto Lombard street and some traffic has hit me even though it looked clear. Someone suggested roundabouts but here in California we really dont have those.

3)Some trailers brake/turn lights dont work. Like the lumber trailer and the red/yellow container trailer.

4)Get rid of the "Failure to give way to the right" offense. Here in the USA there is no law about having to give way like in Europe.

OK this is all I could think about for now.

hert:cool:

Transport Steve
08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Even though I'm British, I've went to Los Angeles on holiday a couple of years ago, however, I'm amazed to not seeing any Hells Angels or motor bikes in RignRoll, this simulator is set in California, biker country, where are all the Choppers??

I would also like to see more mobile homes and caravans for vacationers, some of the ground textures (green farmfields) are a little wishy washy, trailer lights could be a little brighter. I would have liked a freeroam session to have been included, however, that would not have given me any money to spend acquiring new equipment, but, to drive around the breathtaking countryside in just a rig would be nice, especially without sticking to a given time period.

Thank you.

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Nice suggestions. I myself am a biker, and would love to see this in a future patch. The free roam idea would also be good for people to learn on, and take in the scenery.:cool:

Transport Steve
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank you Sir, it's nice to know a forum exists for RignRoll, this will certainly help if assistance is required for anything technical, playmode, etc, etc, in the future.

I was just thinking that I've only seen Police cars in this game, California Highway Patrol motorbikes, Fire Trucks and Paramedics might also be welcome in the future.

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

flykas
08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
1. When AI drivers make an acident, they should stop and wait for the cops with blinkers on. Unless they would decide to intencionaly run away.

2. User radios should be improved. Songs should be played randomaly.

3. Nver had blow tire. When tyres get weared out they should blow up,not just make truck drive like on ice.

Patrick
08-10-2010, 04:13 PM
THe performance of the game should be IMPROVED. I hate I cant run RignRoll smooth or near smooth. But with games like Farcry2 and Dirt2. Wich looks great at high setting. I can run them MUCH smoother.
I dont get it why RignRoll Is so much worse. It has almost no people around. Graphics dont look so good. And... well.
Farcry2 has all moving stuff. Like trees and so on. RignRoll doesnt! So why does this game has such a low performance?

And please fix all the other bugs!

Do something about those Delivery/race stuff. I dont want to be driving at 100 MPH to get my delivery in time. I have to set my difficulty level at the lowest. So I dont have to race.
And do something about the traffic driving into you. It is really annoying. You can pass a truck feeling safe because you know that truck could switch into your lane at any time. And The lane switching is done FAST! Doesnt take a second to do that for the traffic I guess...

theblackstigx
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
- The quick savegame sometimes fails epic, there is no savegame even if you did saved with F6 , in load menu it appears , the preview is black.
- The sound must be patched up properly , I mean the all CB , rpm discrepancies between notches , radio , AI cars are completely insane .
- The police behavior is strange like hell , they jump in front of the truck and then fine you well , also if anyone hits you , the one who's charged it's the player for 'changing lanes interference'
- Fuel consumption is the same if the engine is running at 1500 rpm or 24-2500 rpm which is totally unrealistic. Also the physics should be better set . So much years and still it's a unfinished work.
- If the RNR had Physx core it would be more than awesome , (CUDA technology in NVIDIA graphics would have boosted the performance up to (not mistake) 400%)
-Main menu works slow and laggy as hell while the game runs well even for a mainstream video card like I have, except few areas where fps is going sometimes down, really down ,on US 101 northern half near cities Greenfield ,San Jose , SF Airport.
-Only 1 truck company is fully licensed : Freightliner , thanks God for being Argosy such a awesome truck while others have names bought from grocery for 1/2 gallon of petrol or diesel
-The timed requests is very good but in some cases you are allowed to spend more time while in some cases the time is just chaotic set. It should be available a postpone function . The delays over the time should be charged from your account not cancelled .
- Damage also can be improved , steering braking acceleration too .
- The weather is buggy : it's raining and there's no clouds
- GPS is just nuts , it doesn't know which way to take
- Front mirrors buggy
- Breaks usage is just too steep .
in final I can say that this racing simulator or whatever it is just awesome but it has a lot to fix and to improve to be a proper one . Take as example NFS Shift's physics .

Patrick
08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Is there ever going to be made a patch? this thread has been made 8 months ago now. And still we the bug that you cant turn your truck+trailer without the trailer going sideways. Any many other bugs.

Since the release. something simple and important as fixing the cut-scenes. Which are always buggy has not been done.

Performance is awfull. And I dont have a clue. At my screen at 12 FPS I only see a plain desert with a empty road. And I Have lag.

Are the bugs getting fixed one day? Or are these topics just useless?

USA Trucker
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
It's not useless. Remember it took 8 years to get this game out. When I know, you'll know.

BleDrajor
08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I would like to see and hear more life in this game.

Some parking trucks on the truck stops and maybe some birds flying arouns in the air.
Maybe planes (Flying far away would be enough, doesn't have to be too detailed).

Very important: Sounds!
I never hear the rain or the sound of the trees in the wind. Look at Test Drive Unlimited, the ambient sounds there are great. And sounds of rain (inside and outside the truck) would be great, too.

I think that these things wouldn't cause any problems for professional game developer, so it MUST be possible to add these things in the game.

Eggtooth
08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Optimization... Game is not running enough smooth on powerfull machines.
Which car in game does not have any raindrops on window? I tried all the trucks and all of them has rain drops on the window. I got polish version. English is 3.0.1.0, polish 3.0.3.0, russian 3.0.4.0, and german 3.0.2.0. I got all the hotfixes. I think that english version has more bugs.

nIGhTSoN
08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I saw a clock on the dashboard but is not working, would be awesome to make it work to show the time in the game.

USA Trucker
08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I saw a clock on the dashboard but is not working, would be awesome to make it work to show the time in the game.

You can find out what time it is by going into the journal. It's on the bottom of the screen.;)

BleDrajor
08-25-2010, 10:47 PM
But it would be nice if the dashboard clock would work, too. As a nice extra. Maybe he meant that. ;)

I have another idea:
This HUD that shows time, speed, fuel and so on. It should be possible to make it disappear with pressing a key and with pressing the key again it should appear.
Sometimes I'm irritated by this HUD it wished to remove it.

Patrick
08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
The most important things now for me is performance. At the main menu i have a FPS of 10 and when I go to load story It suddenly drops to 4-5. Do something about the drop of FPS on several locations from San Fransisco to Atascadero on the 101.

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
@ Patrick,

Do not post Side Missions, or Story-Line Missions outside of the Spoiler Alert threads. Even if you are reporting a problem with it.

Patrick
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
@ Patrick,

Do not post Side Missions, or Story-Line Missions outside of the Spoiler Alert threads. Even if you are reporting a problem with it.

Ow sorry:-P

Well atleast there is a bug that makes a mission impossible. Because the trailer starts moving when its parked on the road untill it gets stuck behind those fences :evil:

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Ow sorry:-P

Well atleast there is a bug that makes a mission impossible. Because the trailer starts moving when its parked on the road untill it gets stuck behind those fences :evil:

I've done that particular mission 3 times, and never had that problem.;) Anyway let's continue this on one of the "Spoiler Alert" threads.

Patrick
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Sometimes when I get a new trailer the lights of it wont work. No turning, brake and normal lights.

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Sometimes when I get a new trailer the lights of it wont work. No turning, brake and normal lights.

The lights have been reported, and answered many times. In the day they are hard to see. At night you will see them. Unless you have other problems. Stop repeating problems arleady covered. It's pointless, boring, and clogs the threads.

BleDrajor
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
The lights have been reported, and answered many times. In the day they are hard to see. At night you will see them. Unless you have other problems. Stop repeating problems arleady covered. It's pointless, boring, and clogs the threads.

Please don't be angry at me. But aren't the lights on the trailer with the red big container really turned off all the time?

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Please don't be angry at me. But aren't the lights on the trailer with the red big container really turned off all the time?

Not that I've noticed.

BleDrajor
08-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Okay, I'll check it the next time when I get that trailer again. Maybe I'll take a screenshot if the lights are turned off...

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Okay, I'll check it the next time when I get that trailer again. Maybe I'll take a screenshot if the lights are turned off...

Try to get one at night, and you'll see what I mean. I thought the same thing too, until I saw it/them at night.

DriverX3
08-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Yes on some of the containers there are no lights on the trailer along with the bulk trailer there is no right turn signal.

Patrick
08-30-2010, 06:19 PM
We all know that we often loose control of our trucks suddenly. I had a great experience just a minute ago.

I was driving up the 101. I was delivering a long distance load. I had my cruise control turned on. I was enjoying my new rain drop mod. Then I passed a car. And my lovely cruise control decides to smash on the brakes. I lost control of my truck and it smashes into a pole of a bridge, sideways. Cargo damaged:evil:. Thank you cruise control. Now I can redo the 101 from my last save.

So please do something about the fact that the cruise control suddenly brakes when you are passing a car.

Also my cruise control sometimes at some places. IT just stops pushing the gas pedal. And I need to push it myself. But it is still turned on:confused:. There are no cars around.

I dont know if this problem already has been posted!

kennyb87
08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
It's meant to be smart control sensors on the front of the bumper to check cars distance less than 10m it puts brakes on. too bad it really fails so bad. there is a video on youtube of how bad it fails at a demonstration when volvo where testing it

USA Trucker
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
It's meant to be smart control sensors on the front of the bumper to check cars distance less than 10m it puts brakes on. too bad it really fails so bad. there is a video on youtube of how bad it fails at a demonstration when volvo where testing it

Do you have a link to this?? I'm curious.

kennyb87
08-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I think this is the one. But it was awhile ago I saw it so am not 100% sure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jClxcSBNwcw

galatei
08-30-2010, 11:42 PM
OMG, can't believe there's only so few reported:
Let me give a few:

1. Damage model
- things are falling apart in the wrong place, e.g. I bump into something driving 5 mph backwards, and my mirror comes broken, or my sunshield comes off, or my forward lights are broken.
- looks like all trucks are made of glass, and "literally" when one bumps into flying moskitos, truck gets damaged.

2. Police
- They chase only you, even for infractions caused by others.
- You can get infractions for things caused in the accident, e.g. AI insta-stops ahead of you, and your truck bumps into his back, in effect I loose my headlights, for which I get infraction - Driving with no headlights !!!!
- when AI bumps into you, you get infraction.
- wrong infractions, e.g. I was driving about 25 meters behind another truck (not competitor), and police gave me a ticket for "Reckless driving", even though I was nowhere near anything.
- They follow you to the warehouse, and sometimes cause accident if there's no space to fit two cars on leaving the warehouse.
- Police is dumb, they don't do anything but chasing you. No roadblocks, no big chases, 2/3 cars at most, no matter for how long you don't stop.
- Sometimes they drive so fast that when you stop, they are too far already, and you have to catch them to get ticket.

3. AI
- Cars bump, fall, turn into you, causing infractions on your account
- Some cars change lanes in the middle of your trailer, causing infractions on your account, again.
- Competitors are easy to catch up with, but then suddenly, outrun you as they like (when driving untuned trucks).
- Sometimes competitors are causing accidents between themselves and if you're on another lane close to them, you get infraction, they also bump into you, because they're in such a hurry (infraction on ur acc).
EDIT1:
- they stop on the highway to change lane. How ridiculous is that? High speed road, and they stop because there's traffic in another lane, and they want to change lane...
- AI does not respect left/right turn signals, or horn.

4. Sound
- Every time one pressed gas, it starts the same sound sequence, even when driving 80mph, pretty annoying.
- Is repetitive, and looping is easy to hear.

5. Graphics
- Sometimes trucks and trailers are disappearing on the road, like falling through, especially on bridges, and floating roads.
- Rain is not degrading visibility at all
- Rain drops are about 1000x too big
- Raining on sunny days
- Are those truck related animations required??? Can't we have them skipped? ESC anyone?
- external views are useless, please allow for free look and smooth zoom, without panning and annoying camera resets.
- Lights are sometimes not visible on the road, even though undamaged
- when looking into the mirror, some cars don't have wheels

6. General
- Mirror adjustments are reset on many occassions, e.g. entering/leaving warehouses, talking to other characters, changing views, etc...
- No fov adjustment, it's too big at the moment
- No TrackIR support, even though it was promised
- No way to adjust keyboard steering sensitivity - yes, not everyone has got a wheel
- Memory leaks, causing CTDs after an hour-two, quite consistently, especially when driving north from the base.
- Some roads are closed, even though road signs are pointing you at them, which one will find out after quite few miles.
- No way to disable police, damage, etc...
- Cars are floating above the road
EDIT:
- Picking up the trailer - truck should be able to pick up the trailer by going under the trailer with the back of the truck, not bumping into it, and causing trailer to magically jump on to the truck.
- Sleep, food not required ? Should at least be optional, for better realism. There are bars already.
- Road service should allow you to select what you want to be repaired, whether one wants to refuel or not.
- No traffic in urban areas
- Extra tank doesn't add more space for fuel.
- No cabin swinging on turns, etc.

7. Physics (EDIT)
- It's nowhere near the word "physics". Even havok is 100% better.
- Boost causes insta speed up, which is completely unrealistic, should be a lot more fluid.
- 80mph on 45 degree turn, without changing lane - that's a grip.
- Damage is not causing loss of performance

EDIT:
- Tips section of the main website: Those tips are not applicable to the game. Why are they called like that ? Should be something like "Road and Driving Safety Rules".
- News section only points out patch 3.0.1, where my version if 3.0.4 (Steam).

That's for start, I'll continue later.

I could start recording videos with all those issues, but that wouldn't help you sell more copies. Hope most of the issues will be fixed with the next patch. There are suggestions for the game as well, but no point in giving them here, not now anyway.

Regards.

USA Trucker
08-31-2010, 09:37 AM

Nice list, but just about everything you listed has been said before in other threads. What you did was bring it all into one spot where it belongs. Nice job. :)

I moved your post here because these aren't really bugs. They are design flaws that should be corrected, or improved, and this thread better describes your concerns.

galatei
08-31-2010, 08:49 PM

Nice list, but just about everything you listed has been said before in other threads. What you did was bring it all into one spot where it belongs. Nice job. :)

I moved your post here because these aren't really bugs. They are design flaws that should be corrected, or improved, and this thread better describes your concerns.

Thanks.
It would be nice to see those things re-implemented in RnR.

Cheers

USA Trucker
08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks.
It would be nice to see those things re-implemented in RnR.

Cheers

You're welcome. I just thought this was a better place for your post. It was a nice listing, and a job well done. :)

galatei
08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
You're welcome. I just thought this was a better place for your post. It was a nice listing, and a job well done. :)

I pretty much listed everything I found after about 10 hours of playing.

This game has lots of potential, and it would a waste to leave it just like that.

I played most of the SCSSoft truck simulators and their physics and truck simulation would be a good example of what it should be in RnR. What they lack most is the environment, as rich as in RnR, as well as better economy and storyline.

Fingers crossed.
Cheers

Kaarlo Käki
10-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Driving on ice (I suppose it's that because this only happens when you see snow) feels more like a loss of power rather than loss of traction. If you floor the accelerator, the rpms don't go up, which feels like the rear wheels are running on tar rather than ice. On the other hand, the front wheels do seem to lose their traction as the truck does not respond to the steering wheel and easily slips out of control.

USA Trucker
10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Driving on ice (I suppose it's that because this only happens when you see snow) feels more like a loss of power rather than loss of traction. If you floor the accelerator, the rpms don't go up, which feels like the rear wheels are running on tar rather than ice. On the other hand, the front wheels do seem to lose their traction as the truck does not respond to the steering wheel and easily slips out of control.

Truck physics is most certainly the number one reported problem with this game. It needs to be re-done from scratch I think. However, your post is a new twist to the physics that nobody else reported, and is a good find. I can only assume that not many have had snow yet, and if so, didn't put it to the test as you did. I'll have to keep this in mind. That's good attention to detail. ;)

Kaarlo Käki
10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I can only assume that not many have had snow yet, and if so, didn't put it to the test as you did. I'll have to keep this in mind. That's good attention to detail. ;)

Winter driving is natural in this corner of the world, so in R'n'R it just felt so...so...unnatural. I'm used to slippin'n'slidin' and the engine revving when I step on the gas, so when I encountered ice for the first time in the game, I was wondering what was wrong with my truck. It seemed someone had substituted a moped engine for the standard 600 hp one. ;)

turbatos18
10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
It's a really good game and beats fairly the competition.
One thing that I would like to propose besides some of the things that other players have said and I would also like to see them improved is adding some new europian models of trucks like MAN VOLVO SCANIA and DAF and some europian trailers with the 3 axle system.
It's my job and I want to see some of this trucks in this game because as I said it's by far the best there is in this kind off games.

lamanorbu
10-07-2010, 11:24 AM
It's a really good game and beats fairly the competition.
One thing that I would like to propose besides some of the things that other players have said and I would also like to see them improved is adding some new europian models of trucks like MAN VOLVO SCANIA and DAF and some europian trailers with the 3 axle system.
It's my job and I want to see some of this trucks in this game because as I said it's by far the best there is in this kind off games.
the game take place in California, do you remember?

USA Trucker
10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
the game take place in California, do you remember?

He does have a point though. You do see a lot of European trucks on the road here in the U.S. The Volvo is seen quite often, and I'm sure some others too.

@Turbatos18,

Welcome to the forum.

gameking47
10-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Hello, I am a new member just started today. I am seeing a lots of signs saying "Welcome to Las Vegas this fall". It will be great to see the city of lights. That moved on to my ideas. After Las Vegas, what if we will continue building the USA one step at a time. For example,
Las Vegas sorrowing cities- After Las Vegas
Salt Lake City and sorrowing cites- Winter 2010-2011
and so on
What do you gut think? Can we pull this off?
Please!:!::grin::grin:

flykas
10-09-2010, 10:08 AM
that would be very cool

bjorn324
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
If this will happen than everyone have to buy new computers after the second expansion :P

USA Trucker
10-09-2010, 11:38 AM
If this will happen than everyone have to buy new computers after the second expansion :P

Why would they need to do that? Many games have expansions that don't require a new computer as long as the requirement specs remain pretty much the same as the original game. :confused:

@Gameking47,

Welcome to the forum.

gameking47
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Why would they need to do that? Many games have expansions that don't require a new computer as long as the requirement specs remain pretty much the same as the original game. :confused:

@Gameking47,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you USA Trucker, I'm glad to be here.

Of course the expansions of the game will have the same requirement, but more MB. It will be pretty cool to create my ideas into the game. Like I said earlier, take it one step at a time so you do not have to rush.

What do you think? If yes, then I will make another forum that will say "Big expansion" or something like that.

USA Trucker
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you USA Trucker, I'm glad to be here.

Of course the expansions of the game will have the same requirement, but more MB. It will be pretty cool to create my ideas into the game. Like I said earlier, take it one step at a time so you do not have to rush.

What do you think? If yes, then I will make another forum that will say "Big expansion" or something like that.

You can keep the ideas coming, but don't create a new thread. Just keep them here. It makes things easier for our forum members to search, and have topics easily identifiable. It took a while listening to our members complaints about duplicate, and look-alike threads, and cleaning up this board.

I'm sure you can understand this. If I let you create another idea thread, then we'll get 20 idea threads from everyone. So let's just keep it simple. ;)

gameking47
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok then. I was thinking of making a new tread just for my ideas because there are a lots of ideas that some other people made have. So, I would like to keep this tread open. Does that make sense?

USA Trucker
10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok then. I was thinking of making a new tread just for my ideas because there are a lots of ideas that some other people made have. So, I would like to keep this tread open. Does that make sense?

Not sure what you mean. This thread will remain open for ideas. I just don't want to see another thread of ideas opened when this one suits everyone. I can't have a thread open for just your ideas. It's unfair to everyone else.

gameking47
10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Not sure what you mean. This thread will remain open for ideas. I just don't want to see another thread of ideas opened when this one suits everyone. I can't have a thread open for just your ideas. It's unfair to everyone else.
That make sense.
Back to my big ideas, Let start with Las Vegas for now and go from there. OK?

One more thing, Can you please tell me your progress every night so I can know when you are done? Thx.

BleDrajor
10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Please use the edit function..

If you want to know something about the patch/addon progress: forget it!
Unfortunately no one knows anything about the progress or when the patch/addon will be released and which improvements it contains.

But you'll notice the release early enough. ;)

USA Trucker
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
One more thing, Can you please tell me your progress every night so I can know when you are done? Thx.

That wouldn't be possible even if I could. It would clog this thread with nightly notices that I'm fairly sure our forum member would not appreciate. Also please do not double post. If you have additional comments just edit your original one, and add them there.

The Nevada add-on has been suspended for now, and they are only working on a patch to fix some issues. There is no date as to when this will be out.

gameking47
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Please use the edit function..

If you want to know something about the patch/addon progress: forget it!
Unfortunately no one knows anything about the progress or when the patch/addon will be released and which improvements it contains.

But you'll notice the release early enough. ;)
I will remember that

That wouldn't possible even if I could. It would clog this thread with nightly notices that I'm fairly sure our forum member would not appreciate. Also please do not double post. If you have additional comments just edit your original one, and add them there.

The Nevada add-on has been suspended for now, and they are only working on a patch to fix some issues. There is no date as to when this will be out.
Why

lamanorbu
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Why

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing... The idea of an expansion was very exciting! If in 9 years they made a buggy game, we must accept. I think r'n'r is a great game and i want to say a big thanks to Igor Belago and all the developers! Nor a patch can correct all the bugs, so the expansion was my last hope. I heard that they were already developing the addon down in 2006, so it's possible to see it released very soon!

USA Trucker
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Let's not go off-topic here. There are appropriate threads already in place for these discussions. This is not the place. I only mentioned it in passing to answer Gameking47 question.

gameking47
10-24-2010, 11:34 PM
I just made a trailer tip over and a new idea for the game just hit me. What if there is a news van covering every crash in CA and talk about it on every radio station. There might be crashes that I did not even caused. That will be cool?

We need to improve on these problem in the pictures very quickly. Do you think?

Vaider5120
12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Most of the stuff i wanted to say has already been said but what happened to the other truck brands, Volvo, Mack, International. I bought the game wanting to drive the "AMERICAN MADE(dublin, va)" Volvos. The volvo vn 770 is in the news paper and main menu background video. What about the volvo 880 (cowboy truck) 625 hp, Macks and Internationals. With that said, maybe add shipments with no time limit or race for less money. Havent played for long but daul trailers, oversized loads, nuclear waste and other high hazard loads could be added for more money also. Add random construction zones that come and go. Speed limit signs and enforce them, LONNNGGGEEERRR on ramps. Ill think of more later but im offshore and have to dive. Add volvos.

USA Trucker
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Most of the stuff i wanted to say has already been said but what happened to the other truck brands, Volvo, Mack, International. I bought the game wanting to drive the "AMERICAN MADE(dublin, va)" Volvos. The volvo vn 770 is in the news paper and main menu background video. What about the volvo 880 (cowboy truck) 625 hp, Macks and Internationals.
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

These company's pulled their licenses for use in the game. Therefore, Rig 'n' Roll can't use their trademark's, logo's, or emblem's. You will find that some of these trucks are good look-a-likes. In the Mod section you will find some good renditions of some trucks with their actual logo's.

Elmo56
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I have been thinking about this for months now and im finally going to bring it up. There is a web site called MIT list of radio stations. They have a list of working links to every radio station in the world that broadcast on the web. I was thinking that would be awesome to incorperate that into the truck games. No matter what town you are in you could tune in a live station in that town...or another town...whatever you like. But it would be great so drive through ...say San Deigo and hear live news on the radio while your driving. What do you all think.

As for making the game better besides the driving psychics i think the in cab view should show more of the outside world....as it is its not to real...i mean think about it just look ahead for a second...you can see about 150 degrees without moving your head. you should be able to see both rear mirrors rt and lft at the same time out the corner of your eye.

gameking47
12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
I have been thinking about this for months now and im finally going to bring it up. There is a web site called MIT list of radio stations. They have a list of working links to every radio station in the world that broadcast on the web. I was thinking that would be awesome to incorperate that into the truck games. No matter what town you are in you could tune in a live station in that town...or another town...whatever you like. But it would be great so drive through ...say San Deigo and hear live news on the radio while your driving. What do you all think.

As for making the game better besides the driving psychics i think the in cab view should show more of the outside world....as it is its not to real...i mean think about it just look ahead for a second...you can see about 150 degrees without moving your head. you should be able to see both rear mirrors rt and lft at the same time out the corner of your eye.

That is sort of my idea

USA Trucker
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM

In one of the repair shops (it changes every game) there is a rear-view camera that you can purchase that solves this issue. It's comes mounted on the HUD & Dashboard. This way you have an un-obstructed view behind you, and the lanes on both sides of the truck.

Elmo56
12-03-2010, 07:59 PM
In one of the repair shops (it changes every game) there is a rear-view camera that you can purchase that solves this issue. It's comes mounted on the HUD & Dashboard. This way you have an un-obstructed view behind you, and the lanes on both sides of the truck.

OK...Thanks for the heads up.by the way...what do you think of the radio idea....check out the web site....they have every station that broadcast on the net....worldwide.just google ..MIT list of radio stations. you can search for stations by city,state,country,genre...etc.

USA Trucker
12-03-2010, 08:15 PM
OK...Thanks for the heads up.by the way...what do you think of the radio idea....check out the web site....they have every station that broadcast on the net....worldwide.just google ..MIT list of radio stations. you can search for stations by city,state,country,genre...etc.
It's a great idea, but I would rather see them fix the other major issues before tackling something like that. Truck physics, traffic-lights, stop-signs, pedestrians, crowded truck-stops, emergency vehicles, etc, etc. For now I just use the MP to play the songs I want without going through the game interface audios.

Vaider5120
12-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

These company's pulled their licenses for use in the game. Therefore, Rig 'n' Roll can't use their trademark's, logo's, or emblem's. You will find that some of these trucks are good look-a-likes. In the Mod section you will find some good renditions of some trucks with their actual logo's.

What about the Peterbuilts and Kenworths. In the game they're Hercules and Titan. Call the Volvo Volcano. If Paccar didnt pull its licenses why call there trucks Hercules and Titan, I dont understand. You could have put look-a-like Volvos, Macks, or Navistars Internationals in the game also. Same thing with the engines. Add transmissions.

USA Trucker
12-07-2010, 02:45 AM
What about the Peterbuilts and Kenworths. In the game they're Hercules and Titan. Call the Volvo Volcano. If Paccar didnt pull its licenses why call there trucks Hercules and Titan, I dont understand. You could have put look-a-like Volvos, Macks, or Navistars Internationals in the game also. Same thing with the engines. Add transmissions.
My quote still stands. I don't know why they chose to call them what they did, but those trucks are now generic. you'll have to take that up with 1C & PACCAR. I just don't have an answer for you. There are look-a-likes to some of the trucks you listed.

ROTrkFan
12-18-2010, 03:07 PM
- An option for using the mouse to steer the truck. Such a feature is in Euro Truck 2009 and it allows for fluid steering for those who do not have a steering wheel or joystick. I have both and cannot seem to match the steering fluidity I have with the mouse while playing Euro Truck 2009, regardless of what is done with the settings. And using the keyboard for steering is not only frustrating, but is also tiring since minor corrections are constantly needed. (By the way, any helpful feedback in this area will be greatly appreciated. FYI: Both the steering wheel and joystick are inexpensive models--which is all I can afford--so I do realize that does have an affect.)
- An option to allow "Nick" to rest at truckstops without checking into the hotel. After all, what is the point of having a truck with a sleeper if the driver isn't going to use it?
- Have dispatch facilities located within the truckstops. From past experience, I know that some companies set up offices in truckstops. I don't know if this is still done in the real world, but it's an idea.
- Redo the cameras. A bumper cam should be introduced as well as a top cam. Moreover, I find having the camera move, while in the interior view, when turning the truck a bit annoying.
- Modify or eliminate having the truck automatically exit warehouses and service garages. Whenever exiting either of these facilities, the truck seems to be going almost full throttle before control is relinquished to the player. For example: when leaving the Oxnard warehouse, the Hwy 101 exits are so close to the gate, that the truck either goes part way onto the wrong exit or crashes into the sign post before the player takes control of the truck and can stop it.
- Lights. Unless I am missing something, the trucks only come equipped with a set of low-beam headlights, which are woefully inadequate for lighting the road at night. Most other trucking games have high-beams and/or fog lights, which are activated by pressing the light key (the 'L' key by default in most games) twice.

Others have covered pretty much everything else.

Phyco
12-18-2010, 08:41 PM
hi all
would be nice to have multiplayer but as it stands it is very addictive and fun game

gameking47
12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
I just got a idea from post #81 from Questions About Graphics, Videos & Video Cards. Because the in-game maps had some smaller views, we should do something about that. For example, make more land for every city like streets, department stores to pick up cargo like Toy R Us and Target, and more. It is not fair to have just the police station in Oxnard. That does not happen in real life. I hope that we can do all. If you have question, please contact me. I have a lots of plans for this game.

By the way, I like the multiplayer idea

USA Trucker
12-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Lights. Unless I am missing something, the trucks only come equipped with a set of low-beam headlights, which are woefully inadequate for lighting the road at night. Most other trucking games have high-beams and/or fog lights, which are activated by pressing the light key (the 'L' key by default in most games) twice.
The 'L' key is for low-beam & the Ctrl+L is for high-beam, and back to low-beam.
Also, what steering device do you have? Most problems with steering in this game can be fixed by going into the config file directly to over-ride the files in the game itself. I have posted them in the "Control Devices & Wheel Issues" thread HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=171846&postcount=99), and it seemed to help others. I use the Logitech G25 with pedals & shifter. Wheel Devices may differ, but generally this is where you need to go, because the in-game configurations tends not to save most changes, and reverts back to default. Don't ask me why.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 10:19 AM
1. Total Freedom
2. Gearboxes in the shop
3. Every company building should have his own garage
4. IA should fuel up up or need repairs
5. More stuff to put on my truck
6. More trucks
7 More special missions
8. Flash lights ( orange )
9. Police escort Option i you pay
10. Our own trailers
11. It's nice those loading docks but to modern
12. Storyline is to short
13. Decide what to put on my truck my comany name for instance.
14. competors building or office if I hate them drive my truck in there building
15. Love story enhanched choose to pick an girl
16. Don't know how you guys doing this but my truck is my office so i also should be able to call company's for loads or accept 911 phone for help from friends or employes to help me out .
17. Gauges should be working
18. Normal driving some more LA trafic Rules
19. Stop lights don't tell me you banned them in LA.
20. Open roads i mean such a big map and you can't drive true a town .
21. Talking when have an passenger it's so quied in the cap
22. Some chat programing like a Cat williams on the radio would be nice .
23. Thunder storms and all that would be nice .
24. Harbor where you pick freights or the airport
25. Give some option to turn off THAT damm timer
26. cabbin more steady when driving
27. mouse control in the game
28. Mirror looking like in 18 wos would be nice
29. coupling realistic keep it like it is but put animation in it and if you do do it better as in with that thing with the black argossy only pull the pen out . Anny truck knows you have to disconnect the lines then turn down the trailer legs then pull the pen out.

30. Navigation help would be nice it's driving me nuts in the real world i have trow it out of the window allready...........

These are only off what I would like to see and to make it as realistic as possible that was promised in all those letters on truckpol to the players if you remember that !!! The outcome off what the game is and what we expected is bit disapointing . Aldo I must say this game would be great as an MMO game maybe an future Idea......
But I step over it and injoy the game maybe there will be an expansion or an rig'n roll 4 as they would call it .

Patrick
12-31-2010, 01:51 AM
More weather types would be very nice like snow (I thought it was in but cant find it:confused:) and thunderstorms.
Option for the timer.

Fix the menus! I am getting huge framedrops when entering a menu. Driving the truck is all good (getting a decent fps) But in a menu it drops to less than 8 fps.

Is there any news on a new patch? It is very odd that there still isnt released a patch after all these months with such a buggy game..

USA Trucker
12-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Let's not derail this thread with questions about "when will a patch be released"? When the powers that be announce it, it will be posted in the 'Patch Announcement' thread. This thread is about Corrections, Improvements & Ideas.

ROTrkFan
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
The 'L' key is for low-beam & the Ctrl+L is for high-beam, and back to low-beam.
Also, what steering device do you have? Most problems with steering in this game can be fixed by going into the config file directly to over-ride the files in the game itself. I have posted them in the "Control Devices & Wheel Issues" thread HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=171846&postcount=99), and it seemed to help others. I use the Logitech G25 with pedals & shifter. Wheel Devices may differ, but generally this is where you need to go, because the in-game configurations tends not to save most changes, and reverts back to default. Don't ask me why.

Thanks for tip on the lights!

As for the steering device, I have a fairly generic one which I no longer use due to the physical aspects of the device: huge dead zone, stiff turning, and the fact that the wheel re-centers itself.

Having said that, I did manage to come up with satisfactory solution (after some experimentation) to steering with the left and right arrow keys which others may find useful:

1. Within the 'Settings'>'Controls' menu, adjust the 'Sensitivity' to its lowest setting. This can be accomplished by either clicking on the left arrow button until only one green light is visible or by just clicking on the leftmost green light.

2. Completely turn off the 'Centering Force' option by clicking on the left arrow until there are no green lights visible.

Using this setup, the player can "crank" the wheels all the way to the left or right and they will stay in that position until the player turns them back. This setup also reduces the amount of input needed to steer the truck while driving since the steering wheels do not re-center themselves.

As a word of caution, this setup does take a little while to get used to but it does allow for some fluidity with the steering of most trucks.

raven28690
03-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Mods that I'm expecting to see are:

Trailer physics fix.

Truck damage and physics modification. I think there should be some unlockable stuff that was taken out of the final or just by editing parameters something could be changed. Cuz now I have never had a flat tire,and my engine never got high temperatures, and it doesn't take damage from going on imposible rpm's like 16000. And then shifting R gear doesn't damage gearbox. And some other things. Would be nice to reduce hanging parts amount to 1 or 2 cuz now it looks silly sometimes.

- Reenabling some other old stuff. Cuz I saw that there is a "helicopter" named file in games dir. Would be nice to enable weight stations.

I completely agree with all of your suggestions.
Would love to see the occasional tire blow out, overheated engines and brakes, broken part, etc that incurs on a trip as it further adds simulation to the game. (when i drove OTR from North Carolina to California, trips without any incidences were few and far in between. Tire blow outs, stopped up fuel filters, clutch brakes, broken belts, truck computer malfunctions, injector problems, turbo problems, etc.. etc..)
Im not even going to mention problems with the reefer as there are too many painful memories associated with it :mad:

My other wishes for the game
-Realistic trannys. Yes there was 5 speed trucks at one time (macks for one) but the OTR trucks now are running at least a 9 speed transmission with the majority being 10 or 13 speeds.
-Weigh stations should have been added.
-The ability to use the running lights without the headlights for parking.
-Trucks in truckstops at night with their running lights on.
-Longer delivery times. (Yes, I had delivery times when I drove OTR but I had more than enough time to stop and eat, fuel, shower, stretch my legs, and trash around truck stops and still deliver my load with time to kill)
-More in game trucks in addition to the ones that were removed from the final game.
-CB chatter.
-Truck washes. Trucks should get dirty while running through rain, dirt roads, snow, etc so in game washes to return the shine to the truck.
-Manual trailer backing for loading/unloading.
-Customizable company name and logos
-Rest areas
had some others but thats all I can remember atm.

Actually the trucking games are more simulation to the real thing then alot of you may realize.
For instance drivers have been requesting better pay and more home time since I can remember and it always falls on deaf ears.
Trucking game fans have been requesting the above mentioned items for some time but our request are still falling on deaf ears LOL :rolleyes:.

USA Trucker
03-08-2011, 09:16 AM

I moved your post here, as I believe this is more suitable to your post than Modeling. Most of your ideas fall into a patch/upgrade category.

As to your list...

1) I think weigh stations would be good if we had more States in the game, like 18WoS. However, we are for the most part only in California. If one would be placed it would be at the Reno, Nevada area.
2) CB chatter... Yeah, I mentioned that too, and would add a little more spice to the game.
3) Rest areas... The Russian upgrade added some more, but as of now the English version has not yet received one, and I don’t know when we‘ll ever get it.
4) Running lights... Yep, this seems to be a popular request.
5) Better trailer physics, and loading/unloading... This leads the list of improvements.

gameking47
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
3) Rest areas... The Russian upgrade added some more, but as of now the English version has not yet received one, and I don’t know when we‘ll ever get it.
I saw one rest area near Santa Barbara

USA Trucker
03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
You posted that before, and I deleted it because it’s not what we’re talking about. We are looking for more, not one rest area (Truck Stops excluded). I think everyone knows about the one near Santa Barbara because that’s where you pick-up Jessica.

raven28690
03-14-2011, 07:12 AM
apart from having more trucks added, im still real partial to trucks getting nasty from driving in the rain and so forth.

its only cali but there are quite a few weigh stations in cali.
its been so long since i ran that state i had to cheat and break out my trucker road atlas and double check LOL.

yea, usa trucker hit the nail on the head as far as wanting more rest areas. i was aware of the rest area sign near SB and was disappointed when i checked it out and it was just another bar/motel

USA Trucker
03-14-2011, 09:41 AM
its only cali but there are quite a few weigh stations in cali. its been so long since i ran that state i had to cheat and break out my trucker road atlas and double check LOL.
What I meant here was... Yes there are a lot of weigh stations in California, but they are located reasonably close to the State Borders for trucks goining in, and out of the State like other weigh stations in other States, and seems being that we are primarily dealing with California, there is no real need for them unless crossing State lines (like Reno, Nevada).

yea, usa trucker hit the nail on the head as far as wanting more rest areas. i was aware of the rest area sign near SB and was disappointed when i checked it out and it was just another bar/motel
Gameking47 is right. There is one legitimate ‘Rest Area’ that he is referring to. This is were you pick-up Jessica on Hwy 101 heading north to SB. It’s a long strip on the shoulder of the road. Long enough to park a few trucks end-to-end, and 2 or 3 abreast. This is the only one I can remember in the game, but I have not made it a mission to find more.;)

raven28690
03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
including the ones that are near the state line, there are a bunch in state aswell.
UNLESS, they have changed since my road atlas is a 2002 publication.

my 02 atlas is showing weigh stations closer in state at
Banning I-10
Temecula I-15
South of San Clemente on I-5
Cajon Junction I-15
East of Fullerton and Anaheim on 91
Carson I-405
West of Thousand Oaks on 101
Santa Clarita I-5
Tehacapi on 58
South of Wheeler Ridge I-5
Then even more as you get up around San jose and I opted not to list all of those.

Cali is one of those states that had scales scattered all inside the state unlike others whereas you just had them mostly near the state line as you had mentioned.
One of the reasons I knew this is because I have never had so much problems with scale houses in other states as I did with Cali (Cali scale house put my truck out of service one time) so it's been etched into the back of my mind LOL

But like I mentioned, some of those scales may have closed or moved since my trucker atlas was published in 2002 and I stopped driving OTR around that year.

USA Trucker
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
OK, let's not get too far off the topic. The fact is that the use of weigh stations would not be feasible for this type of game. It’s part simulation, and racing with its time table constraints of deliveries, and competition. Not to mention the ‘Story Line’ & ‘Side Missions’. All of these are timed events for the most part. Adding a weigh station as a requirement would put a monkey wrench in the design concept of the game, except for cosmetic purposes.

I do like the idea. It’s just not for this game. 18WoS is the perfect place for it, because there’s not much going on. So you can have “The Fatigue Factor & Weigh Stations” added to the mix. As for the “Truck Wash”, that would be a nice addition when your not doing a load, or mission just to break the monotony.

raven28690
03-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Most of what I would like to see added to this game as far as new ideas goes was based on that one thing you mentioned of just breaking the monotony.
giving the player something else to do besides point A to point B as fast as possible.
it also adds to the replay value

yea delivery times would have to be increased if weigh stations were added however increased delivery times was also one of my items which i thought should be looked into.

lets face it, most of the devs who are creating these trucking race/sim games are not truck drivers nor have a clue when it comes to trucks so im just trying to chime in from a truck drivers point of view of what i think should be in or added to the game.

USA Trucker
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Just about everything on your list I agree with, and they would not interfere with the general play of the game. Just remember that 1C puts out mostly vehicle racing games. So I was not surprized to see this aspect with R ‘n’ R.;)

That being said, I would like to see a game with 18WoS & R ‘n’ R rolled up into one, and to use this game as the graphics. We can skip the story line, but include side missions that fit a truckers life that this game already has along with many of your, (and others) suggestions.:grin:

gameking47
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
That being said, I would like to see a game with 18WoS & R ‘n’ R rolled up into one, and to use this game as the graphics.
I am making a game just like that using a game engine called Dark Basic Pro.

From today:
If you have anyone who want to be a designer or are a designer, bring them to me. A friends of mine told me that you need to have 5-8 peoples to make a good world (playing field). So, can you ask around

Trucker2
01-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Would appreciate to have clear audible relay noises to indicate when turning lights/emergency lights are on. Currently these clicking noises are almost inaudible and seem to bee randomly fading in and out. Reducing audio quality and adjusting volumes from the settings menu did not help much.

I edited TurnlightRelay1.wav and TurnlightRelay2.wav (normalizing to 0.0 dB) and applied -20.0 dB amplification effect to almost all other sounds. It still did not do the trick as fade-in fade-out still remained and this effect bothers me a lot. This "problem" might be caused by some unneeded 3d audio effect changing the original .wav files in the game.

The game is great fun to play though :)

USA Trucker
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum. ;)

Try the mod in the “Mods for purchase thread” This may help. I haven’t tried it myself, but it’s just a suggestion. There will be no further updates, or patches for this game. The only help you’ll get is from some of the mods for this game, by our creative truck gamers. ;)

Trucker2
01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have not been able to use any patches yet. This could be a Steam related problem but replacing any .pkqt file from the patch (Setup_RnRModEng1.1) wav folder causes the game not to run properly when executed.

Steam is set to update RnR automatically so I have not even dared to try applying rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0. This patch fixes some crash issues and it probably doesn't change audio levels.

USA Trucker
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
There will be no further updates/patches for RNR. The patch you currently have listed (3.1) is included in the Steam version, and you don't have to download or install it.

From what I've heard the mods don't seem to disturb RNR Steam versions. If it does, just uninstall the game, and re-install it. ;)

هيما
01-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello My friends

I've put my friends and I have this letter before and there is no answer please solve the problem

Subject in the beginning, and I am very pleased and I am with you in a great location with friends and I would be very grateful indeed that I was accepted a friend you

I have a problem and I hope it is resolved Li

I play RigNRoll and since it began in the play and I noticed game road closures and is not there any cars, returned the truck Affiliated Li and rare to see any of the shipments Fa stay in the game myself without anything, and this was signed by some of the causes of boredom Wahl there is something that makes the game more enjoyable, such as traffic lights open and close car and vehicles of all sizes and shapes so that the game close to the truth or reality

Thank you,

Greetings to you all

USA Trucker
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum.

This is an English speaking forum. Use English only please.

I'm having problems understanding your question, or problem about the game. Is this an actual problem, or something you would like to see in the game for improvements. This way I can place your concerns in the proper category.;)

SATrucker
05-27-2012, 06:21 AM
This is a fantastic game!

There are some minor errors in the game, nothing to restrict you to enjoy though. But here some of the (almost) annoying ones:

Extra mirrors in the Century & FDL's: The right mirror gives the same pic as on the left.
Over the bridge between Mojave and Barstow (when traffic setting is on), cars came from the bottom road unto the top (yours) road and interfere with your driving
In the menu when buying trucks, although according to the Game help you get discount - you still pay the full amount.
Sometimes when loading or off-loading in the warehouse, the trucks have a bit of a struggle to move
My opponents drive through cars (and other traffic) and also through roadsigns. Sometimes they will take a shortcut back through the warehouse grounds and walls
The rearview camera for the Century: the picture is reversed. The rightside of the road is on the left side.

Some other questions:

When upgrading the truck, why is the wear % still high?
Why does the rank of my driver never change?
Why do I race against my own drivers in shipments and normal races?
You never get speed of a 100%

I have a laugh when I tried to connect the trailer for mr Fernandez in Colfax to Reno. Just B4 the pick-up point is a Fuel pump. When re-fueling, the trailer will "run" away and u cannot connect it!. Lucky I save just B4 the pickup. Connect and then re-fuel.

Suggestions:
The CTRL button can be stopped in this sense:
The map:
TAB - activate map
2nd TAB - Zoom in
3rd TAB - Zoom in again
4th TAB - Zoom in again
5th TAB - map off

The same with the lights:
L- activate
L-high beam
L-de-activate

The mirrors and radio selections and R:
Use a "sticky-key" like the capslock. When off-without the CTRL key; when on with the CTRL-key.

The upgrade bar can have a % of how much the truck was upgraded.

But overall? This game is GOOOOOD!!!

SA Trucker

USA Trucker
05-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello & Welcome to the Forum. :)

This post was moved here, from the “Forum Suggestion Box“. As stated that thread is for FORUM SUGGESTIONS not gaming suggestions.;)

SATrucker
06-26-2012, 08:45 AM
15. Love story enhanched choose to pick an girl

I know this message is very old and probably the writer is not playing anymore, but I have to point out:

There is a girl you have a "quicky" with just at the other side of Lebec (on the way to Palmdale).

Apparently her "battery" is flat!

ha ha ha

USA Trucker
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Totally different than what TruckerNL is describing. Could we stay on point here, and not drag up a 2 year old topic long since addressed. :rolleyes: