PDA

View Full Version : Other Questions/Concerns NOT Listed.

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Here you can ask anything else you want about the game.

novatekk
12-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi all,

First of all congratulations on making a great game!
I'm playing the Russian version of Rig'n'Roll and I really love it.
There is just one thing that sort of annoys me and that is the bouncing up and down while driving with the cabview. Although it might add a certain amount of realism to the game for some, for me it is a bit too much.

My question: Is there a way to reduce or disable the bouncing of the cab?

Thanks.

kennyb87
12-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Title says it all really I can see what keys they are but not what they stand for all I know is indicators mirrors and the numpad views I only just got started playing and am having a heck of a time playing the game

Sorry if there is a thread already started

Ubaku
12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Game manual:

Space- Starts/stops engine
Up, Down, Left, Righ arrows- steering
Tab- Map
F3- Communicator
Enter- Allows you to enter/use hotel, gas station, service station, bar, office (you'll see a tool tip light up on the screen when you're in range to use enter)
L- Headlights
Ctrl+L- Highbeams
Ctrl+any steering key- more rapid acceleration, harder braking, quicker turn
V- Changes view outside/inside
C- Changes between the three views inside the cab
Num 1-8 - Changes outside view
W- Windshield wipers
E- Engine Brake
B- Parking/Emergency brake
> - Right turn signal
< - Left turn signal
/- Hazards/Emergency blinkers
T- Hook up trailer
U- Radio on/off
J- Switch radio station
i- Change song/track
H- Horn
+/- on number pad- zoom in/out on outside view
F12- Capture Screenshot
Esc followed by furthest option on the left- 911 Emergency/Roadside assistance
X- Reverse
A- Change to N and 1 Gear from Reverse

kennyb87
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I have them pretty figured out now I think R is for cruise control and ctrl R is to save youre speed or so I think

stronger61
02-14-2010, 08:02 AM
hi! i buyed rignroll and when i installed and tried to start it then comes a error ----> Runtime Error!
Program: C:\program files\1C\RigNRoll\Bin\rnr.exe
This application has requested to Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
and the titel of this error is ----->Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library
plzz someone help i am running this game on Vista

GinXeng
02-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Install the lastest version of Netframe as well as the latest version of java.

chosenvessel33
03-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Does anybody know how to set up the controls if you have a steering wheel. I can only get the gas, brake, and steering wheel to work. I cannot set the shift or any other buttons for other controls. Any suggestions?

KayamaInaka
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Now if someone could expand on this control list for everything, that would be useful. Probably for another thread, but seeing as Cruise Control is listed in here, if the locations for such an upgrade were posted, that would be very useful, too.

chosenvessel33
03-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Just found out that you can purchase a turbo from the repair shop. Once bought you can use turbo using the S button while accelerating.

obsolum
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Just found out that you can purchase a turbo from the repair shop. Once bought you can use turbo using the S button while accelerating.
So what does it do? Is it like NOS that gives you an instant boost? That would suck so bad it's not even funny :mad:

novatekk
03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
So what does it do? Is it like NOS that gives you an instant boost? That would suck so bad it's not even funny :mad:

I'm affraid so...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xwwRLfFiw

chosenvessel33
03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Yep....its true. I use it primarily for when I have a load and pressed for time. It really helps you get into the high gears when you are in a rush. I just don't suggest using the turbo when you are going slow. It will cause you to drive eraticly and possible do major damage to your truck or anything else.

Just found out that if you have cruise control, if you set it and someone stops in front of you, or even if you turn in a curve, you will find your truck stopping or slowing down slightly. Found this out when I was running from police with cruise control set on 90 mph. As soon as the Po-Po got in front of me, my trucker slammed on brakes! Just a little tidbit!

obsolum
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Just found out that if you have cruise control, if you set it and someone stops in front of you, or even if you turn in a curve, you will find your truck stopping or slowing down slightly. Found this out when I was running from police with cruise control set on 90 mph. As soon as the Po-Po got in front of me, my trucker slammed on brakes! Just a little tidbit!
Hmm, must be that Adaptive Cruise Control thing that a lot of cars have now, too :)

baldymp3
04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
i have pre-ordered this game and only just noticed it uses starforce as its drm. if i had known this i never would have purchased the game. as long as i have waited for it if i had known starforce was involved i would not have bothered as they are a bunch of hacks and their "program" has caused huge problems with software and hardware to the point of some peoples cd/dvd roms dieing completely. the were even accused of installing malware with their components.
that said i have paid for the game and do intend to play it as the game itself looks excellent. my question is, has anybody yet experienced degraded performance of their system be it software or hardware?

USA Trucker
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
This is one of many reasons why I do not, and strongly advise others not to pre-order any game. What Baldymp3 states is actually factual, and he does not exaggerate the point. Check this Link

http://kotaku.com/164303/5m-class-action-lawsuit-against-ubisoft-for-starforce

Now that I/we know that RNR or their affiliates/associates support, or endorse Star-Force, I for on will not be purchasing this game unless Star-Force is no longer a part it. This is definitely a deal breaker. Buyer beware!! My legal experience is to advise you all to pressure 1C, and RNR to dump Star-Force, and go with a more reputable, and reliable company, and not to purchase this game until this condition is met. Those of you that pre-ordered this game can get their money back, and I suggest you do so. There is no such thing as non-refundable.

Jesse Tasca
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
So let me get this straight. 1C uses a DRM (Digital Rights Manager)
called "Star-Force" that is basicly corrupt, if this is true it is absolutly
unaccetable.

I myself have been waiting for this game for upwards of two years, but to find out one day before release is just unbeliveable. But i do have a somwhat stupid question; (Just to be clear here, sorry if i sound stupid) Will this have anything to do with the Steam version if/when it is released?.

Anyway, thank you for hearing me out.

pook
04-15-2010, 03:44 PM
The Russian version has StarForce probably the last generation. But the forum moderators 1C previously said that Eng. RNR version will have SF DRM protection. That crap again??

for Moderators 1C.!!!
ENG. version RnR will have a fu*king "DRM" (ehm virus).. StarForce??????

Jesse Tasca
04-15-2010, 04:15 PM
The Russian version has StarForce probably the last generation. But the forum moderators 1C previously said that Eng. RNR version will have SF DRM protection. That crap again??

for Moderators 1C.!!!
ENG. version RnR will have a fu*king "DRM" (ehm virus).. StarForce??????

Indeed. 1C, in order for me/us to buy this game, you must drop Star-Force.

As what i have seen/heard, it can cause hardware failure and allow acces for trojan viruses (If it isn't a virus in it's self) and basicly just kill an OS or the computer it's self among other things.

Im sorry but unless you can step away from Star-Force, i will be forced to not buy this game, thus you will lose one, if not more cutomers.

pook
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
I can not find now, but here on the forum Nike-it wrote that Eng. RNR version will have a different DRM. Try to find a thread. It's been a long time. about 3 months. But they no longer believe anything, so I do not know and even I do not care. I do not buy yet. It would have to change many things in the game to buy.

Im sorry but unless you can step away from Star-Force, i will be forced to not buy this game, thus you will lose one, if not more cutomers.

Not only discouraging DRM protection. In my community to turn away 95% of visitors from that game. 95% wanted hardcore simulator, real physics, multiplayer, modifiability, etc. left 5% of the naivety of children who might buy. I even had to lock guestion book, because the substance abuse at 1C and Softlab and why there are continuous traffic lights?, modifiability?, MP?, realistic gearbox? why, why, why,.... there is not one thing or another .....
So 95% + more discouraged play StarForce protection.
The worst thing is that we do not even wait for addons. Softlab will wait for sales, and hence will not addons. Vicious circle. Because those of us 95% will just wait until those addons. Without it, not buy it ....

BTW paradox. Instead of being modified to better R'n'R as the core of the game, so contrary to export different things in those primitive games SCS:D They're stupid. Life of this game is multiplayer, modifiability and other things. Without that RNR is dead forever

USA Trucker
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
@ Pook,

I don't play ANY games via multi-player/internet, but the rest of what you have said, seems to ring true. I can't believe I, and others waited so long, to be disappointed with the most recent events, and previous one to boot. :evil: 1C & RNR, have most certainly lost my business, and I can only assume many others, especially the English speaking community, and western nations. They need to learn, and listen to prospective buyers.

Jesse Tasca
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone. I was wondering about the Star-Force DRM, (That i have concerns with) is the DRM on the boxed version aswell or not, is all i'm asking.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

obsolum
04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Well I guess that counts me out as well then. Not that I was planning on buying it right after release but if it turned out to be a somewhat decent game I probably would have bought it eventually. All in all I'm not too fussed about it as it is clear RnR isn't the game I had expected it to be many years ago.

About the StarForce protection, shouldn't they notify buyers of that before they make a purchase? It seems to me that's pretty important information.

pook
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
USA Trucker:
Yes. Someone does not want to play multiplayer sometimes. I just know that our community wants to play most multipayer. But that is irrelevant. You can play singlplayer and others without compromising the play mutiplayer. Yes I only play network games. I like that. Racing simulators only play multiplayer. Artificial Intelligence I'm very tired. And the more at RNR! There is a very bad AI behavior. I'd just swapped all the chaotic behavior of the AI for 10 friends when playing multiplayer. That would be more happy than to watch the AI chaos on the road. When the artificial intelligence tech singlplayer mind me, but this is not true for RNR: D

Sneaksie
04-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Guys, please calm down a bit. There were rumors several years ago that disk protection SF affects DVD drives performance (and even breaks them) and system stability, but:

1) Current SF protection is online-activated DRM (you enter your key and the game activates). SF protection that checked DVD disk is long obsolete and, obviously, you don't have a DVD disk in the first place if you buy the game online.
2) Rumours that this old SF disk protection adversly affected anything are just a weird urban legend, likely inspired by the fact that SF disk protection was harder to crack than it's competitors in most cases. If you have even a basic undersanding of how PCs work, you would know that it is very difficult to do something on software level to break the hardware. SF is a commercial product, not a trojan on fraud site, why would it's creators even want to damage your PC or data in any way? It is not proven that disk protection SF affected DVD drives or system stability in any way to this day.

Believe it or not - it's up to you. Most 1C titles being sold online use online SF ProActive DRM, just for your information.

USA Trucker
04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
@ Sneaksie

I think you are a bit mis-informed. The problem with Starforce DRM is not just Disk protection, but also is digital downloading too. Although Starforce is not directly being sued, companies that use Starforce are, such as Ubisoft, that no longer use it, due to consumer pressure, and a $5 million suit still active. I'm pretty sure that I speak for most of us, when I say that we would feel safer with our purchase if Starforce was dropped.

This game seems to have a lot of reported problems, this among them, just puts the icing on the cake. This is not a matter of opinion, but is fact. Just Google Starforce DRM, and see all the negative publicity it has, plus pending, and past suits related to Starforce. This is not urban legend, or rumors as you stated. Rumors, and urban legend do not go to court for the most part. A class action suit means that there are many people reporting the same, or similar problems.

pook
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
2) Rumours that this old SF disk protection adversly affected anything are just a weird urban legend, likely inspired by the fact that SF disk protection was harder to crack than it's competitors in most cases. If you have even a basic undersanding of how PCs work, you would know that it is very difficult to do something on software level to break the hardware. SF is a commercial product, not a trojan on fraud site, why would it's creators even want to damage your PC or data in any way? It is not proven that disk protection SF affected DVD drives or system stability in any way to this day.

Believe it or not - it's up to you. Most 1C titles being sold online use online SF ProActive DRM, just for your information.

This is not a legend. I long ago bought ORIGINAL GT Legends. Unfortunately, it was a defect on the disk, and I never triggered the original. Nowhere in the installation was not written warning that the product contains SF. Read here the issue of SF and then to here concluded that no such thing in my PC I do not want, so I uninstalled the game and returned me back to the dealer money. But I not knew that this protection remained in SF my PC even though I uninstalled the game and challenged me with various other programs that protection which they had nothing in common. After two weeks, I destroyed the DVD rom. X times spontaneously without cause a hard reboot and blue death.
I was with this unhappy. I did not know where the problem lies. So I read on SF even more and that I have found here that SF manually remove the worm!. After uninstall SF all problems stopped!!!!! Unfortunately, the DVD rom was forever destroyed. And after I uninstall SF virus found 10 viruses! And my anti-virus before it did not report anything. So it's virus open link protection. Active worm. Attention active as a worm has the same powers as the operating system. Is a superior operating system, and that's the PRINCIPLE is crap. I do not know why I should legally allow this crap to the PC ....

Why would developers do this?? To harm the system??
reply: Because it is a Russian specialty. Russian temperament human rights abuses. When get for profit is not to look left, right and just interested in profits. This is something that has side effects, that someone pays for the Russian mentality interested. Especially earnings. This is important and something that has side effects "" So what! Thing is that we sell. The question was why? Answer because it is the Russian temperament .... probably had a hangover of communism and dictatorship, repression and human rights etc etc. etc

But I was talking about the old SF. I can not yet say anything about the new generation of SF. Because I have experience fills. I always run away when I know that includes SF. Then I have a new generation of SF experience ...

USA Trucker
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone. I was wondering about the Star-Force DRM, (That i have concerns with) is the DRM on the boxed version aswell or not, is all i'm asking.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

I have not heard of a retail version availability as of yet. One can only assume that Star-Force DRM would be placed there too when it's out in stores. Lots of games out there on DVD/CD need to be activated on-line these days. I don't see where RNR would differ.

Jesse Tasca
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I see. Thanks anyway, but i think im just going to go trough with buying the game, as im not hearing the any complaints from thoso who own the Russian version of the game.

danizzz
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I noticed that police doent pull you over when you speeding....is it true?:(

GinXeng
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
How can you speed, when there is no limit.

danizzz
04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
whats the point of a trucking game without speed limits...i dont get it!!!:(

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
whats the point of a trucking game without speed limits...i dont get it!!!:(

Yah, you're right. I blow by the coppers sometimes doing 80+ without so much of a head-turn. :confused:

hauptmann
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Doesn't mean they wont pull you over for changing lanes like a madman, cutting people off, etc..

sfasniperfox
04-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Has anybody ran into a fps frame limiter in any of the config files? I turned down a lot of video settings and the game wants to run at like 150fps.

GinXeng
04-21-2010, 02:59 AM
I wish I can get 150 FPS on my machine, the most I ever get is 13 and thats in the middle of nowhere with no traffic. My system aint crappy, Can play Bad Company 2 on high with DX11 with 35-45 fps. In a game like rnr I should be seeing 100+ frames.

USA Trucker
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
I have seen many of you making recordings of your trips, and general traveling. How do you do this, and post it. Good English please, so I can understand it.

sfasniperfox
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Yea no joke. This game has a lot of potential but needs a lot of work. It's hard to see how this game has been in development for multiple years and it runs at a poor performance. I've invested my money into their product, now I can only hope for the best. Hopefully a patch in the near future.

gg14870
04-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I was wondering if there was any way to return the game and get my money back.

obsolum
04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Lol, seeing as you downloaded files onto your computer I don't think that's possible.

USA Trucker
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Lol, seeing as you downloaded files onto your computer I don't think that's possible.

Yes, it is possible. I have done it a couple of times. The site you purchased it from will invalidate/de-activate your key.

gg14870
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
So I email 1C (that's where I bought it from), tell them I want to return it, they will deactivate the activation code, and refund my money?

USA Trucker
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
So I email 1C (that's where I bought it from), tell them I want to return it, they will deactivate the activation code, and refund my money?

I can only speak for the US. I'm sure other countries have their own set of consumer laws. To make it brief though, here in the US regardless of where the seller is, they must abide by OUR Tariff Laws, and Consumer Laws/Regulations. No "if I woulda, coulda, shoulda", applies. If you had the game for 14 days, or less (some states even more time), a refund must be granted. However, you must show defects, damage, or a malfunction of some sort. Just saying "I don't like it" with media (DVD's & CD's) items won't work, but some do to save peace. Unless you want to take legal action as far as false advertisement is concerned, but that is a long, lengthy process, and usually not advised unless you can get a "Class Action Suit" going. For that no reasonable attorney would take the case unless you meet the minimal participants to get involved. Usually 10+ people. On an international scale it would take a lot more.

gg14870
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I am just trying to find out how to get my money back, not start an international lawsuit. So does that mean that since I had the game for a week, I could demand my money back and the bugs in the game would be enough cause for approval?

obsolum
04-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I guess that would depend on what "bugs" you are speaking of. Remember, as USA_Trucker pointed out in another thread: design flaws are not bugs. For example, you can't list the crappy physics or the "stupid" gameplay as bugs. A bug is an error in the code causing the game to not work as it should.

gg14870
04-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Such as invisible walls that keep me from getting into and out of the Los Angeles area?

obsolum
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd say that's a bug, yes :)

USA Trucker
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
@GG,

You are looking for a one word answer for which there is none. Without writing a long-winded Law Review, I have given you enough material to try for a refund, or not. It's now up to you. I can only guide you, and others to the watering hole. I can't make you drink it. Some of the downloading sites specifically state "No refunds on this item". Impulse is one of them. But if this game malfunctions/don't work, then this statement can be fought. I don't now what else to tell you.

I have not seen any invisible walls, and I'm pretty deep in the story-line. I often go into LA via Interstate 5, and Highway 101 in both directions. So I don't know what else to say on the matter. So far for me at least, I have not experienced any bugs that would qualify for a refund. I've only heard of them.

@KFGames
05-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Greetings to all from Mexico!

Well the question: Is the Rig'n'Roll will be realesed in Spanish for Hispanic public in short-mid term?

If not, KFGames is interested to contact Igor Belago to talk about publishing the game in Spanish version to México, South-America and Iberia.

Remember that, the Best-Seller truck game "King of the Road" had a Spanish version (text and voices) published by ZetaGames and JoWood Productions and it was too famous in our region. Now Rig'n'Roll turn?

Plese contact us if you are interested by e-mail.

Ing. Rubén Preciado CH.
King Foot Games division.
Sales office.
México City.
01/05/2010

SuperToast
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Not that it's a big deal really, but I was wondering why in the preview windows (i.e. when restyling the truck or viewing it to buy) the "lollypop stick" lights on the fenders light up as they do in real life, but don't when you're actually driving the truck? The Classic XL and the 4900EX both have them, for example. Also, same goes for the parking lights on the trucks (turn signals glow). Is it just me or a little bug?:confused:

USA Trucker
05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Not that it's a big deal really, but I was wondering why in the preview windows (i.e. when restyling the truck or viewing it to buy) the "lollypop stick" lights on the fenders light up as they do in real life, but don't when you're actually driving the truck? The Classic XL and the 4900EX both have them, for example. Also, same goes for the parking lights on the trucks (turn signals glow). Is it just me or a little bug?:confused:

As to the lighting you are talking about, here is some footage from my truck. Signals, Brake Lights, and everything else works too.
Rig'N'Roll Videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI2CcsCLUOc)

SuperToast
05-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the reply, yeah my lights work just like that, but the ones above the front wheels, that are the turn signals, are supposed to glow when the headlights are on like most models do in r/l. They do glow when the truck is shown on the company manager page where you can purchase the truck and preview it.

USA Trucker
05-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, yeah my lights work just like that, but the ones above the front wheels, that are the turn signals, are supposed to glow when the headlights are on like most models do in r/l. They do glow when the truck is shown on the company manager page where you can purchase the truck and preview it.

Yes, I see what you mean. I can't explain it either. :(

charlytos
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
My questions is we will have spanish rignroll version. I want to buy it, but to present only there is English version.
And if soon have spanish version game, wait to same. Please any of 1C forum masters can to clarify it. On other theme I read that Nobilis should put on sale italian version game. I have looked Spanish nobilis website, but doesn't put notice over future spanish version of game!...

Sneaksie
05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Currently, Spanish version of RignRoll isn't planned.

charlytos
05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks to clarify me that detail over Spanish version. I don't understand if is made special Italian version of game, why isn't made spanish version, when we are over 300 millions persons in Spain and South America. Is very poor not take in mind that detail!...

LeeS
05-31-2010, 03:32 AM
I was wondering how do you check your framerates in the game?

HDTrucker
05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
fraps is a good program forget the website but google fraps it mointors the fps in the corner while playing

bubbel23
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Hello .
I´m not sure but is´t the Golden gate Bridge in the game?
If it is where can I find it? I´ve been searching, but not finding it.
regards:confused:

USA Trucker
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Hello .
I´m not sure but is´t the Golden gate Bridge in the game?
If it is where can I find it? I´ve been searching, but not finding it.
regards:confused:

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is. Check out some of the videos, and pictures on this forum. Also follow Highway 101 North, and you're sure to see the signs approaching it, or directing you to it.

bubbel23
07-09-2010, 06:56 AM
thank you for the answer .

Ardbug
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I just bought it off Steam, but there is no PDF manual on the Steam store page, and I cant find a manual in the game folder, I would very much appreciate a link to the manual since this is my first train/truck simulator.

Im trying to figure out how to zoom on the minimap, but I cant find the key in the controls setup, is this not possible ?

USA Trucker
07-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I just bought it off Steam, but there is no PDF manual on the Steam store page, and I cant find a manual in the game folder, I would very much appreciate a link to the manual since this is my first train/truck simulator.

Im trying to figure out how to zoom on the minimap, but I cant find the key in the controls setup, is this not possible ?

I had that problem with a few games from Steam too, so go Here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UEL01KPQ) It cost nothing. Just type in the 4 letter code, and it will take you to the next page. Wait for the 30 second count-down, and click "Regular Download". It takes about a minute or so to download.

To zoom, use the (Ctrl+Tab) keys to cycle views. I think there are 4 views

I just saw your message on my YouTube video. So I answered it here instead of there.

Ardbug
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah thanks a lot Trucker, much appreciated, I was driving around far away from the police station I needed to go to, on the big map it looked like it was located right near the starting point, but zoomed in it was clear that is was miles away :)

BlackAce
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Last night i got all the missions completed. In the final mission you have to drive that Gepard concept truck like most of you know.
Anyway, i was browsing the game files a few days back and came across to what seems to be trailer files to match the truck in ....\RigNRoll\Trucks\Semitrailer.
There you can find Gepard_Trailer.wdb and Gepard_Trailer_res.wdb just like there are for all the other trailers.

So is this an unused trailer or have i missed out on something?

Also another question:
Has anyone managed to edit their save game? If you open the save game file and start looking, you can find data on what truck you're driving and what accessories it has on.
I was wondering has anyone been able to change anything through there?
Then if that was possible, we could basically get to drive the gepard and possibly haul the trailer that was(apparently) meant for it outside the mission.
Last night i tried replacing lines from a different save game with no luck.
If anyone got any info regarding any of this, please tell.

vietart
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Help,I used win 7 64 bit. Game will not Run after Install. I have reinstalled the software but same result.
cpu: q9300
ram: 4gb
Graphics card: 9600gt

USA Trucker
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Help,I used win 7 64 bit. Game will not Run after Install. I have reinstalled the software but same result.
cpu: q9300
ram: 4gb
Graphics card: 9600gt

Be more specific on your CPU. What cores & speed (GHz). I assume your using GeForce 9600 video card? Did you install the HotFix? Is this a download version, and if so where did you get it?

vietart
07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Be more specific on your CPU. What cores & speed (GHz). I assume your using GeForce 9600 video card? Did you install the HotFix? Is this a download version, and if so where did you get it?

thank, my pc used GeForce 9600GT, I have install the hotfix(3.0.1.0). Cpu 4 cores, speed 2.5ghz. I install this game for laptop HP DV6T(Core i7-720QM/VGA 1GB/4GB DDR3), It running good. But install RNR for desktop, game not run.

mark39
08-27-2010, 07:51 PM
ok was wondering if someone can explain this,if you look at the time it is 3:13pm and it says pick up cargo before 7:22pm but as you can see from the pic i have only 10 min's and 23 secs to make this pick up yet the difference between the time and the pick up is 4 hrs and 9 mins so how does that equate to having only 10 mins for pickup...:confused:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/mark11468/RIG%20N%20ROLL/rnr2010-08-2612-09-15-90.jpg

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 08:02 PM
ok was wondering if someone can explain this,if you look at the time it is 3:13pm and it says pick up cargo before 7:22pm but as you can see from the pic i have only 10 min's and 23 secs to make this pick up yet the difference between the time and the pick up is 4 hrs and 9 mins so how does that equate to having only 10 mins for pickup...:confused:

1 minute of real time equals 24 minutes of game time. So this would be correct.

mark39
08-28-2010, 04:13 AM
ok thx for that usa trucker....:)

brucevv
09-03-2010, 08:34 AM

the career is not long from start, when i was running on my road this news jumped out suddenly. what bad things will it deal to my achievement?

kennyb87
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
You cant be trucker of the year and recieve the 500,000 dollars as a prize

brucevv
09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
You cant be trucker of the year and recieve the 500,000 dollars as a prize

oh~ i thought i met a bug...
i have finished all missions and got the trucker of the year prize, but i missed the 2nd prize which is open all warehouse first.
so i started a new game, then a competitor got the trucker of the year just after few transport from beginning. it's too fast to be accepted!!! it's must a bug isn't it?

Krazee DD
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I want this game on my mac NOW!

USA Trucker
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

I know you have been around 1C's forum, but this is the first time I've seen you in R'n'R. I put your post here, because you originally posted in the picture thread, and is Off-Topic for that thread.

Thus far I've heard no news as to the availability of this game on Mac now, or in the future. They haven't fixed some serious issues on PC, and you want it on Mac?! WOW! You're asking for a whole new set of problems.:lol:

AudiA2
01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi there, i have rig n roll and i have been playing it for just over a week. I saved the game and shut down the game correctly to go to bed one night, woke up and started the game in the morning and i could not fill up my truck. The fuel gauge was nearly empty and i go to the gas station and the pump says 000.3 and thats how much it costs to fill it, but when i click fill it doesnt do anything and he goes back into the truck and the fuel gauge is the exact same. I am having to rely on Road Service to fill my truck up. PLEASE HELP! :(

USA Trucker
01-05-2011, 04:14 AM

You have strange problem indeed, and one for the books. I hope someone has an answer for you.;)

topher_13
01-08-2011, 10:19 PM
hi, im having a prblem with my turnover rate and i cant buy eny more whearhouse contracts can somebody help me .... oh and why is there no mack or volvo trucks? are they going to release a patch for having these trucks?:confused:

USA Trucker
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Please look at the threads before posting such questions. They're both answered in the "RNR Questions" thread.;)

topher_13
01-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Please look at the threads before posting such questions. They're both answered in the "RNR Questions" thread.;)

yea but im having troubles with my turnover rate can u help:(

USA Trucker
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I must have answered this question 3 or 4 times. Just reviw this thread HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14635). That's why they are created. You need to take the time out to read them. Now let's get back on-topic. This tread is for "questions/concerns not addressed".

gospo
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Anybody here experiencing this problem ? I can't refuel ... i press that yellow fill up button but nothing happens .

bjorn324
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Have you tried saving the game and loading the game allready. Really strange but it sometimes help.

Next to that, maybe change the filling quantity (the bar in the same screen) and then hit pay.

It is a strange game try some weird stuff and sometimes it helps.

Coachyjay
06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Can anyone please tell me why I'm not able to fuel my truck. The slide lever bellow the fuel guage goes left at the same rate as the fuel guage when at the fuel station and stops me from filling up. The only way i can get fuel is by running out and calling for the tow truck. I don't want to have to start the game again as I've worked hard to get all 50 available drivers and updated 51 trucks as well as completing all missions. It makes it difficult to drive races as I have to call a tow truck every 10 minutes or so.
Can anyone assist in rectifying my predicament please.

USA Trucker
06-21-2011, 08:19 PM

Please don’t ask the same question in three different threads. Once is enough. If you don’t get a response, it’s because no one has an answer. This question has also been asked by someone else. All you’re doing is clogging the forum.;)

The best answer to your question came from Bjorn324. Don’t use the slider quantity button to refuel. Just hit the pay button, and it should automatically fill you up. That’s what I do.

Coachyjay
06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I didn't mean to ask the question on 3 different threads. the forum reported that my response had gone through on the first time I asked the question and also on the second time I asked. It was only after I asked on a 3rd different screen that I found out it had actually gone through on the 2 previous times. My mistake. Nor did I know the question had been asked previosly until I'd unknowingly asked the question a 3rd time. I did search to see if my question had been asked but the site said it hadn't.
To respond back. I've not touched the grey slide switch and if I try to move it it does nothing. I've tried every key and still nothing.

USA Trucker
06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Did you click the ‘PAY’ button? You should hear a bell, and your truck will fill up. After that the cut-scene ends, and you should have a full tank.

Coachyjay
06-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Done all of it. Doesn't matter how much fuel I use or which of my lorries I drive, that little slide lever bellow the gauge moves down at the same rate my fuel empties. I'm not able to slide it back to the right. The only thing I can think of doing is an uninstall/re-install. What would be annoying then is if it happens again when I get as far into the game as I am now.

I uninstalled rig n roll and installed it again, started the entire game all over again and I still can't put fuel in my lorry. Good job this game only cost £4.99 as it's found it's way into the recycle bin. I'm going back to flying learjets and the airbus A380 on microsoft flight simulator x and euro truck simulator. Proper simulators that all functions of the game work as they should.

USA Trucker
06-24-2011, 06:57 AM
This appears to be an isolated problem. Only one other person reported it, and it appears to have been resolved, as he has not posted any further problems with fuel. That leaves only you with this dilemma. Sorry I can’t assist you further. It may be an error/glitch on your particular DVD version of the game.:(

springfairy556
08-31-2011, 04:48 AM
I really love 18 wheels of steel but I don't know, somethings missing from it.

Is Rig N Roll simular idea? Is it fun? More difficult? I'm thinking of buying it.

macart52
09-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Howdy all. New kid on the block here. I need some explanations and some questions answered, if y'all don't mind. I bought a dvd of this here rig n roll, off fleabay and I'm really wondering if it is pirated or not.
First of all, when I downloaded it, none of the lights worked ie blinkers, stop lights etc. another thing that don't work is, the cruise control, cannot profile a license plate etc, the basic mickey mouse items, that don't really bother me much at all. Ok, so I went along and uninstalled it and reinstalled again. Now the lights work, but nothing else does. So I reckon i'm gainin on it LOL.
What really has me concerned, is this. I also downloaded the pdf, instruction manual, that came with it. Now, in the manual, it states: Activating...................
The game is protected by an online activation check which requires a valid serial
number provided with a purchased copy of the game. After registration, you will not need the original disc to run the game.
You can activate your copy the first time you play the game. Enter the serial number into the field as illustrated on the screenshot. The serial number is located inside the game box, or sent to you via e-mail if you purchased the game online. Now, I know what they're talking about here, as I'm a Trainzer and every disc, I have to enter the code, to get them to run at all.
No good!!! There is NO serial number anywhere, on anything!! There's not a field that even comes up, to even enter a serial # or activation #...Nothing!!
Furthermore, Nothing saves anything!! The horn works and the lights work blah blah blah and all I can do is run any load I want, but nothing counts or adds up.
I paid 21.00 for the game and I didn't give the guy any feedback yet. I wanted to find out what you guys think. Am I missing something here, or do ya reckon its a DUD? If it is, he can stick it where the sun will never shine anymore, as it's goin back. Oh and one more thing. It said in the auction: Game factory sealed. Well guess what? Wrong again!

Thanks in advance.
Doug

Sneaksie
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Do you have a picture of the box or the disc? A link to the lot you've bought maybe?

USA Trucker
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I really love 18 wheels of steel but I don't know, somethings missing from it.

Is Rig N Roll simular idea? Is it fun? More difficult? I'm thinking of buying it.
Hello, and welcome to the forum. This game has it's pros & cons like any other game. It's fun, and I don't think too difficult.

@Macart52,
Welcome to the forum also, and I agree with Sneaksie. Give us a little more help here. Such as where you got it from?

macart52
09-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Here ya go Sneak
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RignRoll-Racing-Game-Win-PC-Rig-and-Roll-NEW-/220832229182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336aa0673e

Thank You for the quick response. Just for grits and giggles, I reinstalled it again...Same thing.

USA Trucker
09-03-2011, 11:44 PM
If you don’t have a Key/Reg #, it will never work. You never know what you’re going to get from E-Bay. Therefore I never shop there for anything.

BleDrajor
09-04-2011, 12:35 AM
If you don’t have a Key/Reg #, it will never work. You never know what you’re going to get from E-Bay. Therefore I never shop there for anything.

Wow, the German version works without keys and stuff.

As long as you don't really know, if the game needs serials or not and if they can be used by more than one person you better should buy the game new. Also eBay and Amazon always have a lot of good new offers.

macart52
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I sent it back and got my money back. Thanks for all the help.

USA Trucker
09-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Good move. May I suggest downloading it from one of the reputable sites like Steam, Impulse, etc. I’m a little partial to Steam. I’ve been dealing with them for years. Other members may have good reviews of other sites.

tritote
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi.

Can you lift the rear axle in the game? (Such as truck of the image)

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_75538791275967467987227962v.jpg

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_7553882f2645104454192151472.jpg

How?

thanks greetings

USA Trucker
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Is this a real question, or what? I take it you haven't even played the game. :rolleyes:

tritote
03-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Is this a real question, or what? I take it you haven't even played the game. :rolleyes:

I just want to know whether the game "RigNRoll" can raise the rear axle as shown in the previous pictures of the truck (this goes without saying that the photos are REFERENCE ONLY!), maybe buying some special suspencion or pressing any key .

USA Trucker
03-24-2012, 12:28 PM
I realize the photos were for illustration only, but the question was a little strange for this game. There are many aspects of a truck that is done in real life that you can't do in the game. This would be one of them, because of practicality. The only thing you can do is hitch/unhitch the trailer using the (T) key. You can’t control your character to fix flats, raise the hood, or open/close cab doors/trailer doors. The game is designed for driving, racing, pickups/deliveries, and other assorted missions. You can also manage your companies. That’s the sum of the game. What you are describing can’t even be done in 18 Wheels of Steel, or any other trucking game out on the market today. ;)

tritote
03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
I realize the photos were for illustration only, but the question was a little strange for this game. There are many aspects of a truck that is done in real life that you can't do in the game. This would be one of them, because of practicality. The only thing you can do is hitch/unhitch the trailer using the (T) key. You can’t control your character to fix flats, raise the hood, or open/close cab doors/trailer doors. The game is designed for driving, racing, pickups/deliveries, and other assorted missions. You can also manage your companies. That’s the sum of the game. What you are describing can’t even be done in 18 Wheels of Steel, or any other trucking game out on the market today. ;)

thanks!: Sonrisa:

ChrisLance89122
03-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I know there's a way to set your radio to your own music but I can't find the instructions can anyone help me?

USA Trucker
03-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Try the "Technical" category Here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11604). ;)

Drag20
06-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey Guys I got the english Version and i just patched it to use the trainer then when i use the trainer i found out i won't be able to Refuel ,, Anyone got Idea How To Fix That :S ?

USA Trucker
06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Hello & Welcome to the Forum :)

What do you mean by you patched it to "Use the Trainer"? That's a new one on me. :confused:

All patches have been abandoned for this game, except for the "Hot Fix".

Texshi
10-22-2012, 12:34 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Rig-Roll-Freight-Tycoon-Edition-IMPORT/dp/B0093ZU9IQ Is this what we are waiting for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rig-N-Roll-and-Freight-Tycoon-Gold-Edition-PC-DVD-NEW-/160875634531 Another link for Ebay..

I hate to give false hope hell it could just be another copy of the same game but has a previous game included.

I only post this because I see it says Truck Races but It doesn't have much else. Just the same thing as it says with the normal game and no pictures at all other than box art? Sorry if this is somewhat spam?

USA Trucker
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
I believe this is the same game, under a different label (Black Lime), and box art.

thenewyorktimes
04-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Been raining for 4 days strait and its sunny outside looks good at night runs.
really smooth.ITS the USA version 3.01ext.can someone help me?plz

USA Trucker
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
That's just luck of the draw. Sometimes it will rain for a week. :!:

mr. Ellis43
07-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Is there a way we can change the amount of money we start with?

USA Trucker
07-14-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm sure there's a Mod out there somewhere. Just Google - Mods for Rig N Roll.;)

mr. Ellis43
07-25-2013, 11:01 PM
is there a way to get down to the bottom 12590? if so how do I get down there

charlytos
11-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Anyone knows if rignroll gold is seing sold on Spain in disk format or only has digital download mode from Steam?. Thanks.
Today saturday 2 november. Seen on different sites reference over rignroll and monster cup. Question is, monster cup is an independent game to play it or is inside of same rignroll so was race circuit on old king of the road?. Thanks.

USA Trucker
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Same game, new package, old problems. ;)

charlytos
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks USA trucker by your answer, but you don't put any detail to my questions:

1) If rignroll gold has sale on retail version or only steam digital download and if has retail version distribution on Spain.

2) If Monster truck is independent game or is part of same rignroll, how was the race stadium on oldest king of the road.

capehorn
01-23-2014, 05:48 PM
I bought RIGNROLL Gold Edition part #BLG609/D from Amazon .com . after downloading into pc . when I first opened and it finally loaded . I can't get pointer to move. So I can't set up games setting . mouse pointer works on every thing else and other games just fine Help Needed I am a newbie hope this is were I post?

charlytos
01-23-2014, 11:52 PM
capehorn, I hadn't any problem with mouse arrow, for me worked well. Question, you know how can to load monster truck?
Because, game puts on main title RIGNROL GOLD and MONSTER TRUCK, but I don't find icon to launch monster truck on start menu, all programs or in installation rignroll folder. Thanks.

f23948
08-31-2014, 05:40 AM
Does it run on Windows 8.1 update 1? because i don't want to ruin the operating system

USA Trucker
09-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I run it just fine on W8.1, but that doesn't mean you will. I heard some have issues running games on that OS.

Dalnoboishik
10-29-2014, 03:16 AM
HI I am new, and i want to get this game, where can i get it? i am from California LA, please help, tnx

USA Trucker
10-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Just go to our home page. First link at the top, then select games. How hard could this be? :confused:

f23948
01-29-2016, 04:43 AM
download link for: game hotfix (http://1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe) is broken! can you fix it please?

USA Trucker
01-30-2016, 11:45 PM
download link for: game hotfix (http://1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe) is broken! can you fix it please?

This game is rather old, and the Devs have jumped ship long ago. I tried searching the Net for any relevant sites, and came up empty. Sorry. :(

PS:
It's been quite some time, but I seem to call that if you purchase the game from some place like Steam, the Hotfix is already imbedded.

Zenon52
10-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Hi, why version on steam rig n roll don't have polish and russian language?

Hi, I think if devs updates in rig n roll it win with american truck simulator.

When all languages on steam with cd/box version?.

USA Trucker
10-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Hi, I think if devs updates in rig n roll it win with american truck simulator.
The game is no longer supported by the Dev's for updates.

Rig 'n' Roll & American Truck Simulator, are two completely different games. One is driven by a story, and the other is to simulate the life of a trucker. Two different companies... Two different game.

When all languages on steam with cd/box version?.
Best to ask Steam this question.

Hi, why version on steam rig n roll don't have polish and russian language?
Again, best to ask Steam this question.