PDA

View Full Version : High hopes..

Ndru
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi

I have just bought the russian version, even though my knowledge of russian is pretty poor, because I've been waiting for so long. The game looks good but:
1) why do the indicators stay on, and cannot be switched off with the same button?
2) Why the mirrors are ******. Why not use the 18WOS type mirrors
3)Looking left and right - head shouldn't stay in that position but go back to the straight position - you only want to take a quick glance most of the time, not stare.
Small things that make the game almost not playable...

Freak Of Nature
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
almost unplayable? You have got to be kidding :| and whatch your language, one * doesn't cover anything. :)

Ndru
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately so. Driving a lorry without being able to use mirrors is really like driving it blindfolded, don't you think? Use the blinker once when changing lanes and it keeps going till you do a full 90 degree turn.
Don't get me wrong the game is superb, but these small detail spoil all the fun - you don't enjoy the rest because of them.

Freak Of Nature
12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
well you can control camera not only with mouse, but with numbers also, try it ;) it's really confortable :)

obsolum
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Or if you're playing with a wheel can't you assign one of your wheel's buttons to "look left/right" ? If you can look left/right with using the numbers like Freak says, you should easily be able to assign those functions to a button on your wheel, making it easier to glimpse in your mirrors.

Obviously the best way to play this game would be with a head tracking device like TrackIR or other alternatives; that way you just move your head slightly and the camera in the game will move to the side you move your head to.

I agree that the turn indicator thing is very annoying, if it is indeed like you say. Isn't there any way to turn it off manually? That really sucks.

Sneaksie
12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Use the blinker once when changing lanes and it keeps going till you do a full 90 degree turn.

If you're using default control keys, try pressing Ctrl + blinker key to switch it off.

trucknisse
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi
3)Looking left and right - head shouldn't stay in that position but go back to the straight

I have to agree, having this feature would be very valuable and make the game a lot easier to play. Since it would be extremely easy to implement, I recommend this to an upcoming patch. (Is there a patch suggestions thread?)

USA Trucker
12-07-2009, 08:40 AM
I have to agree, having this feature would be very valuable and make the game a lot easier to play. Since it would be extremely easy to implement, I recommend this to an upcoming patch. (Is there a patch suggestions thread?)

Yes, and here it is http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11413 :)

Mr luder
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Get TrackIR 4/5 and get more in touch with your mirrors and the world around you.
Using it for more then 2 Years now and i can say, thats the best hardware i ever bought.
Unfortunally, 1C dont shows any real intention to explain how to use the promised TrackIR support. Well, maybe we will figure it out, sooner... or later...

obsolum
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Get TrackIR 4/5 and get more in touch with your mirrors and the world around you.
Not everyone can afford to fork out that kind of cash for stuff like that, though. Fortunately there are other (less expensive) alternatives as well.

USA Trucker
12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't think Mr. Luder meant it that way. You are just assuming he did.