PDA

View Full Version : Guide to the Panther - MP

PanzerKnacker
12-06-2009, 10:02 AM
In my opinion, the Panzer V Panther is one of the best tanks in the game. It is probably the tank with the best cost to effectiveness ratio.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/PantherTankColor.jpg/300px-PantherTankColor.jpg

Let's begin with how to use it. The Panther's Armour isn't particularly thick but it has a shallow angle which helps deflect some long-range shots. This means that when engaging enemy mediums or heavies don't just charge at them head-on.You will probably take a critical hit and be knocked out by, for example, a T-34/85 at 60 meters.

Look for an unguarded section of the map and use the Panther's supreme speed to push through. Once behind enemy lines, aim for the enemy's side or rear Armour. Beware, many tanks can knock out the Panther as I mentioned.

When facing the Russians the Panther's amazing properties shine. Early game, the enemy will spawn nothing more than a T34/57. Although the Panther won't come into play until mid-game, it will totally make up for it.

Mid-game, when you get your panther, the enemy might have a few /85s or maybe even an IS-2. The Panther will easily overpower the /85s, eliminating them at long ranges as the /85s have quite poor Armour, plus the Panther's amazing penetrating abilities. The IS-2s and 3s will be much more of a challenge, especially the IS-3.

The IS-2 has the same gun as the IS-3 but has a weaker hull. Head-on, you will probably lose at longer ranges so attempt a flanking maneuver. The side Armour should be easily penetrated.

The IS-3 however is the heaviest Russian tank. You will lose in many situations. If you try to attack head-on, your shells will bounce off the complex shape of its Armour and it will return fire with its massive gun which will probably put you out of action.

You can flank round and surprise them, but the turret could traverse round in time and knock you out. You could try attacking while it is reloading as it has a long reload time, around 10 seconds. If you have two or more Panthers, attack from different directions. You can also use cheaper tanks as decoys.

This is the end of my guide, I may pick up with it at a later date. Thanks for reading! :-)

Sarge
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes the panther is one of the best tanks in MoW!:)