PDA

View Full Version : General Mod Questions & Requests.

bubblesjs
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know if this game is going to be able to have mods made for it?

Freak Of Nature
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
sadly, but no, the game is unmodable

bubblesjs
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
sadly, but no, the game is unmodable

Oh well, atleast you can customize your trucks can't you?

Pete379x
06-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh well, atleast you can customize your trucks can't you?

Yes a bit.

Qwx
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok, here's a quick question:

Will we be able to import and use our own company logo instead of just using the standard set?

It's kind of modding, kind of not. But would be awesome :)

digit
06-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Ok, here's a quick question:

Will we be able to import and use our own company logo instead of just using the standard set?

It's kind of modding, kind of not. But would be awesome :)

I'm guessing no since Igor said the game will not be modable. But we will have to wait and see

Whiskey
06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
well, change a simple skin (if that file is not protected or something) to have your own logo wouldn't be a problem if it has been designed this way.

Qwx
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, now I'm looking at Hard Truck 2 files, and there are almost no obvious files to modify. Only some configurations files, music, and that is pretty much it. Everything else seems to be packed/encrypted. So, if they build Rig'n'Roll in similar fashion, very little hope to modify it ;)

bubblesjs
12-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi all, I know freak is probably going to moan at me for making a new thread, but I was wondering if anybody has seen the files and knows if it is going to be possible to mod it? It would be amazing if it is moddable :)

evh5150vanhalen
12-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi all, I know freak is probably going to moan at me for making a new thread, but I was wondering if anybody has seen the files and knows if it is going to be possible to mod it? It would be amazing if it is moddable :)
As of right now not moddable, but we'e working on getting the files cracked so we can mod the game . Please be patient , theres no telling how long this process can take.

Freak Of Nature
12-06-2009, 02:23 PM

You thought about that but still decided to make a new thread to ask, when there already is one. It would be very nice of you if next time you would use it. :)

bubblesjs
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
You thought about that but still decided to make a new thread to ask, when there already is one. It would be very nice of you if next time you would use it. :)

Stop abusing your authority like you always do, it doesn't seem to bother anyone else when a new thread is made.

Whiskey
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Stop abusing your authority like you always do, it doesn't seem to bother anyone else when a new thread is made.

It doesn't bother us because when we see the thread is already locked.

People must ask questions in the questions thread, it is not that hard to understand

Freak Of Nature
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Stop abusing my authority like I always do :D? lol I haven't heard such complaints yet. :D

Ok let eveyone create new threads to ask one thing or another, and we will see how happy people be, when forum will drown in 30 questions threads. Finding information will become difficult, and as a result we will have more threads asking same questions that already been asked. I'm sorry for trying to take care of this forum, but that's my job. I don't want to let members and administrators down, I'm doing my best, but if you think I'm bad, people let me know....

obsolum
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Actually one thing that's annoyed me ever since the game came out in Russia, was the number of new threads created every day by people wanting to ask something simple, or even just saying that they'd just bought the game and how great it is. I agree that you can't have people starting a new thread for every single little thing.

On the other hand, though, I'm not sure if it will help if all the questions just go into one single thread. If in a few weeks or months someone new has a question they'll have to go through that whole thread - by then probably quite long - to see if anyone else already asked that question. But then again, I guess they can just use the search feature of the forum.

Lolsmurf
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
This is a matter for the forumleaders not for us to make, so back on topic would I say...

Anyone already tried or found a way to mod 'anything' ?

USA Trucker
12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Actually one thing that's annoyed me ever since the game came out in Russia, was the number of new threads created every day by people wanting to ask something simple, or even just saying that they'd just bought the game and how great it is. I agree that you can't have people starting a new thread for every single little thing.

On the other hand, though, I'm not sure if it will help if all the questions just go into one single thread. If in a few weeks or months someone new has a question they'll have to go through that whole thread - by then probably quite long - to see if anyone else already asked that question. But then again, I guess they can just use the search feature of the forum.

I agree. Although the "RNR QUESTIONS" thread is a good general place to go, I think the questions should be categorized, such as:

Driving Questions.
Campaign Questions.
Game Play Questions.
Video Card Questions.
Sound Questions,

and so on. Also to have them stickied for ease of locating them. The "RNR QUESTIONS" thread will soon become very long indeed.

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Well looks like this guy has managed to remove cut scene when you enter the warehouse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phw0t5h9-CI

USA Trucker
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
That's pretty neet. :cool:

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree. Although the "RNR QUESTIONS" thread is a good general place to go, I think the questions should be categorized, such as:

Driving Questions.
Campaign Questions.
Game Play Questions.
Video Card Questions.
Sound Questions,

and so on. Also to have them stickied for ease of locating them. The "RNR QUESTIONS" thread will soon become very long indeed.

Well I think this can be realized very soon :)

USA Trucker
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I think this can be realized very soon :)

No problem. I point this out, because on my forum I had a general section about the law, and soon found out that I had to break it down into 5 or so categories.

Toroges
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Well looks like this guy has managed to remove cut scene when you enter the warehouse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phw0t5h9-CI

How it works ??

nicknackpaddywack
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Why do we have a mods forum is the game is unmodable?

Freak Of Nature
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Why do we have a mods forum is the game is unmodable?

Well maybe someone will figure out how to mod the game, or at least make a sound mod.

PGW
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I dont think, he is really driving, but the cam position is another one!

Whiskey
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't have the game, but it looks like in some text file there is a line to change that (true to false, 1 to 0). In F1 Challenge it works that way

evh5150vanhalen
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Ok people it's starting, i've posted a WDB file on a forum to see if somebody could make an extractor for the file..........we have an extractor for textures so far. I'm going to see if he can make an extractor for the mesh and posibly a repacker for the mesh/textures, then all we will need is a filter for zmod. Its the first step.

steve

1Truck
12-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Looking forward to all the potential this could bring!

evh5150vanhalen
12-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Looking forward to all the potential this could bring!
same here like i say it's the first step. BTW the textures are really well done. This is a picture of the texture, The texture it's self is 2048x1024

movo.
12-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to it! ;)

pook
12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
This is what I found on the Russian 1C forum. http://s12.radikal.ru/i185/0912/ea/1e9eccc6df03.jpg This thread http://forums.games.1c.ru/index.php?type=flat&topic_id=340870

bjorn324
12-16-2009, 03:27 PM
You know we don't speak russian right ?
Could you please right it in english here, so we don't have to work with a crappy translator?

pook
12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
You know we don't speak russian right ?
Could you please right it in english here, so we don't have to work with a crappy translator?
Sry. I do not speak Russian. I do not understand too.

Kamaz
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
so we don't have to work with a crappy translator?

but do you play with a "crappy translator" :-P

bjorn324
12-31-2009, 06:58 PM
No there I just click and just see what happends. That's why I always save may game before I start changing thinks :grin:

freesafty
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
hope for a fire trucks mod. alf , e one , seagrave...real q sound . it will be great. and fire station mod :grin:

Bidolot
05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
hi,

it'd be cool to have in the games this type of truck is this possible can be in a future addon

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/84741_k100_long.jpeg (http://www.heberger-image.fr)

or

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/12371_dream_kenworth2b_dbis.jpeg (http://www.heberger-image.fr)

GinXeng
05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
There was a k100 in the beta but was taken out for unknown reasons.

Bidolot
05-28-2010, 04:57 AM
in hope that the programmers added pedestrians a day like jet could be seen on the screens they viewed jet had problems in the development of stability of games

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/05/28/100528070804324512.jpg (http://www.casimages.com)

in any case I really thank the people who were laid this game
18 wheel of steel and very far behind, however, in 18 WOS could have added
all sorts of mods but it was not very pretty graphically

centy2010
05-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I've just bought the RnR from 1C and played for 2 days.
I played a lot of trucker games (18Wos Haulin', 18Wos Pttm, ...)

Graphically this game is good... many highways, many models, meshes, textures ...

But the Gameplay is a very old gameplay coming from Kings of the road. The same racing system, navigator system, presentation ....

My Dream would be to have a mod making this game a 18Wos style game with the already built 3D and game engine of RnR.

Thanks in advance

Blackop2
06-01-2010, 05:03 AM
That wouldn't be a mod. That would be a completely new game >.>

centy2010
06-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Already if someone can
- remove racing system and keep delivery system (no countdown ).
- add fatigue ( I didn't try better than novice level so don't know if it's in RnR)
- add Traffic lights
- make another police system than --> accident = police

This would be a very good mod

Kibble
06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
to be honest there is a fatigue system. i was driving in game for 25 hours straight and me truck carrened out of control. i didn't crash buts every time i steered the wheel was a bit swaayiy. i went to a motel and back to normal again

centy2010
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
USA Trucker,

I make no confusion between modding a game or having an expansion.

1) Expansion is made by the company who issued the game or a company who bought the license of a game.
2) Mods are made by users and are free.

Sometimes expansion are made from the source of a mod.

Mod can totally modify the game play of a game and change all the rules of the game.

FYI ==> Check Warcraft III modding, CounterStrike Source modding and so on.

Example they did a First Person Shooter from Warcraft III, a tower defense ....

Blackop2
06-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Well i realise that but this game i supposed to be a sequel right? If you liked the first ones this one should be the same with more features. The racing system i love because for me it keeps my attention.

But a mod to add traffic lights would be nice. And wouldnt that require a lot of coding to re work the AI?

Oh and lets change how fast the trucks change lanes and fix the physics, or at least the collision. I hate getting almost to a delivry and have an opponent ram into you sending both trailers on their sides and glitch.

USA Trucker
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I would like to have more options with the CB. Such as "What's the weather like up ahead?", "Any smokies up ahead?", and "How's the traffic?" Things of that nature. Even "Where's a good place to sleep, or eat around here?", and someone came back, and gave you a location, price, and what they serve (special of the day) at a truck-stop reasonably close to where you are. Just to add a bit more flavor to the game.

Lolsmurf
06-22-2010, 05:50 PM
also your character dozing would be nice, now you don't have to sleep or eat at all lol, too bad because they made all those nice truckstops...

But again, this isn't a hard simulator...

USA Trucker
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Forcing your driver to rest during a 24 hour period would also be nice like they do in real-life, but I think this would screw up the missions, story-line, and long distance time limits for deliveries. So to me the motels are pretty much useless. We also could use more activity in the truck-stops. It's pretty boring as it is.

M76
06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm glad that they don't make you sleep, I hated that in 18wos too. Every ten minutes you start dozing, it really breaks up the continuity in gameplay

Well i realise that but this game i supposed to be a sequel right? If you liked the first ones this one should be the same with more features. The racing system i love because for me it keeps my attention.

But a mod to add traffic lights would be nice. And wouldnt that require a lot of coding to re work the AI?

Oh and lets change how fast the trucks change lanes and fix the physics, or at least the collision. I hate getting almost to a delivry and have an opponent ram into you sending both trailers on their sides and glitch.

Without the time limit and racing the game would have no real challenge.

Traffic lights shouldn't take too much to be implemented, but then it all depends on how the ai is wired, maybe its 10 minutes to modify it to work with lights maybe it has to be rewritten almost from scratch. Programming is a tricky business, and programmers like to take shortcuts, and usually these shortcuts mean that some routines are only made to a level that it works as it is, but putting in new features would mean rewriting almost from scratch. It's hard to explain to a non-programmer, but its like you have a calculator that always gives a result that is 2 more than the correct value. And instead of fixing the error in the calculator you just add a line of code at the end that subtracts 2 from the result. It all depends on how clean the code of the ai is. Anyway I doubt the developers are planning to implement the feature and the game won't be opensource anytime soon or ever for that matter. So I don't think we'll see any significant modifications regarding the code.

I'm just hoping that this one is more mod friendly as kotr was, afaik it was impossible to modify anything in that game.

Blackop2
06-25-2010, 07:10 PM
I thought i saw somewhere that traffic lights and stuff will be in an expansion to the game. hmm

USA Trucker
06-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I thought i saw somewhere that traffic lights and stuff will be in an expansion to the game. hmm

According to Donnerwetter (developer for RnR), there will not be traffic lights, but quite possibly there will be pedestrians, and some other additions/corrections. I agree though that traffic lights, and/or stop signs would be a plus for this game along with people, traffic, & parked trucks in the 'Truck-Stops'. It's pretty deserted there.:cool:

mark39
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM

can someone please find out how this was done,if this can be done then it will be the best mod yet for the game,the fmv sequence going into the warehouse is a pain as we all want to do that part ourselves so please can someone who is looking into the modding of this game and playing around with the files find out how this is done thx....:grin:

Lolsmurf
08-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I think he just removed the cutsene file

mark39
08-13-2010, 05:45 PM

any idea where that might be located within the main rig n roll folder...:)

USA Trucker
08-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Enlighten us.;)

Lolsmurf
08-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I m sure I will find it, but I am on holiday right now, friday when I m back at home I ll take a look at it on my own destkop because I dont have RNR on this laptop

can someone please find out how this was done,if this can be done then it will be the best mod yet for the game,the fmv sequence going into the warehouse is a pain as we all want to do that part ourselves so please can someone who is looking into the modding of this game and playing around with the files find out how this is done thx....:grin:

he just changed the view

Melkor
08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Yea he did, found it on the russian forums, also its possible to remove characters from cutscenes such as the fat guy in the begining asking for your lug rench, and you can remove the whole scene itself.
I found this out because google chrome auto-translates pages to english for me..

USA Trucker
08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
If you start playing around with these things, you do it at your own peril. Such as deleting, or removing things that pertain to the Story-Line like the lug-wrench conversation that starts the story, you may regret it.;) I wouldn't do it.

Melkor
08-21-2010, 02:10 AM
True...i just saw it on their forums, i didnt test it though,

@ LolSmurf , hey i know there are more mods on the russian forum, but google chrome only translates half to 3 halfs of their page, so if you could translate it we can probably post more mods for the game to this website

Saint-Ashley
08-22-2010, 03:43 AM
If their was one thing in the scripts of this game that could be edited, what would you want to change?

I am almost interested in time limit extention and or / removal.

Melkor
08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I already edited the scrips to the game, and i edited a load to give me 600k and it actually works when u start the game up, but the hard part is finding that load :(

PontiacGT201
08-29-2010, 10:30 PM
According to Donnerwetter (developer for RnR), there will not be traffic lights, but quite possibly there will be pedestrians, and some other additions/corrections. I agree though that traffic lights, and/or stop signs would be a plus for this game along with people, traffic, & parked trucks in the 'Truck-Stops'. It's pretty deserted there.:cool:

yeah thats the one thing I dont like about the game is theres no trucks at the truck stops

Remo801
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
yeah thats the one thing I dont like about the game is theres no trucks at the truck stops

True, I didnt saw Truck there either :(
But today I saw five different cars parking on Truckstop place near San Jose :D
If it was a bug, it was a good one...

USA Trucker
08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
After figuring out the game since my last post, others, and I have since found out that you need to set your traffic to the highest setting, and then you'll see parked vehicles in the truck stops. It may even work on settigns above medium. :)

PontiacGT201
09-03-2010, 05:08 AM
After figuring out the game since my last post, others, and I have since found out that you need to set your traffic to the highest setting, and then you'll see parked vehicles in the truck stops. It may even work on settigns above medium. :)

didnt work for me. I set the traffic as high as it would go and nothing at the truck stops.

seekhunt
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey peps.

Sorry not to look for this if it has been answered. But could not find any.

SO wery quick. Is there any way to make the map smaller? And i dont mean zoom in on the road, but the map it self. Its taking up nearly all of the left side and way to big for my eyes. So can we change the map size somehow ?

USA Trucker
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
didnt work for me. I set the traffic as high as it would go and nothing at the truck stops.

This could be a computer, or graphic card problem. I'm not the only one that sees traffic in the truck stops on higher traffic settings.

PontiacGT201
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
This could be a computer, or graphic card problem. I'm not the only one that sees traffic in the truck stops on higher traffic settings.

Shouldnt be a problum for my comp. its prety high end one. After you maxed the traffic setting did you restart the game or just jump back into the game?

USA Trucker
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Shouldnt be a problum for my comp. its prety high end one. After you maxed the traffic setting did you restart the game or just jump back into the game?

I don't remember which. It's been a while. I remember Melkor stating it in another thread, and I just verified it then to see if it worked. Not all the truck stops had traffic, but a good portion of them did. Otherwise I play it with one, or two green lights in the traffic setting for my own reasons.

Computer specs aren't top secret here. It just helps some of us to help you. So, if you're going to report an error, problem, or bug, you should be prepared to list your specs., otherwise your questions could go un-answered.

Hey peps.

Sorry not to look for this if it has been answered. But could not find any.

SO wery quick. Is there any way to make the map smaller? And i dont mean zoom in on the road, but the map it self. Its taking up nearly all of the left side and way to big for my eyes. So can we change the map size somehow ?

Yes, this would be good. It should be able to be done. I have played many games where an on-screen map is displayed, and someone made a mod to re-size it, and even changed some colors too. :cool:

wilson212
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Is it possible to adjust the rates of how many jobs are Competition yes vs. no? I think the game would be alot more fun like the 18 WOS games if you could turn most of the jobs as a simple haul, instead of a race :) ... Ive looked at some of the files and dont really know where i would tweak it. Any ideas?

lamanorbu
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
if 1c will explain us how to extract the wdb, class and pkqt files maybe it will be possible

USA Trucker
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think 1C would ever do that. The very core of this game is RACING, and TIMED DELIVERIES. That's what R'n'R is all about. This also effects your ranking, rating, and the experience of drivers you can hire. Changing that ONE thing could result in problems in all those areas. Thus making the game less enjoyable. I'd rather see the truck physics improved, and the auto docking/un-docking replaced to manual.

Rig'n'Roll was advertised as a racing game, and management skills. Yet, that seem to be to a large degree the most complained about. If you don't like the racing aspects of Rig'n'Roll, you never should have bought it in the first place, and just played 18WoS, or European Truck Sim to name a couple.

wilson212
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't think 1C would ever do that. The very core of this game is RACING, and TIMED DELIVERIES. That's what R'n'R is all about. This also effects your ranking, rating, and the experience of drivers you can hire. Changing that ONE thing could result in problems in all those areas. Thus making the game less enjoyable. I'd rather see the truck physics improved, and the auto docking/un-docking replaced to manual.

Rig'n'Roll was advertised as a racing game, and management skills. Yet, that seem to be to a large degree the most complained about. If you don't like the racing aspects of Rig'n'Roll, you never should have bought it in the first place, and just played 18WoS, or European Truck Sim to name a couple.

Im not disagree'ing with the timed delivery's. Im just saying that the racing gets old and there are somedays i just wanna cruise you know? Cruising can be a timed dilivery :p

The main reason i like Rig N Roll is deifnatly the graphics and such. When going back to 18wos, the graphics just stink :p

USA Trucker
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Im not disagree'ing with the timed delivery's. Im just saying that the racing gets old and there are somedays i just wanna cruise you know? Cruising can be a timed dilivery :p

The main reason i like Rig N Roll is deifnatly the graphics and such. When going back to 18wos, the graphics just stink :p

You can just bob-tail around. Just don't take on any missions, or loads, and cruise around. There's nothing that says you have to take on every mission, or loads. If you have enough money for general repairs & gas, you can cruise all you want. I've played that way for a few hours until my money ran low, and I picked up some loads, and bob-tailed around for a few more hours. You don't need a trailer to do that. :cool:

Melkor
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Well 1C wouldnt help us point blank because they didnt make the game lol, soft-lab did and they are wayyy to busy with other stuff to update the game often, which is why they are "supposevly" going to release an expansion pack...

USA Trucker
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Well 1C wouldnt help us point blank because they didnt make the game lol, soft-lab did and they are wayyy to busy with other stuff to update the game often, which is why they are "supposevly" going to release an expansion pack...

Let's not split hairs here. Not everyone knows the difference between a publisher (1C) & a developer (Softlabs). Since developers don't outright sell games, it's a natural thing to target (blame) the publisher from whom you purchased the game from, and that supposedly offers support. I'm sure we all know what everyone means when they say 1C. I even use that term. It doesn't make it right, or wrong. ;)

BleDrajor
09-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I once released a well known ETS winter mod some years ago (www.bledrajor.de/spielmodifikationen.htm#ets-winter-mod) and I just asked myself if it wouldn't be great to bring out a winter setting for R&R, too.

But my question is: Is there a possibility to work on the terrain textures? If yes, how?
Maybe then I could cover the terrain with snow as I did with ETS...

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
snow in california???? maybe on the sierra...

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 12:04 PM
snow in california???? maybe on the sierra...

I was going to say something similar. My wife got a kick out of it though. She is from LA, and thought it would be a laugh to see a foot of snow there. :lol:

I'm not sure it would be a fan favorite unless it was limited to Northern California though.

DriverX3
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah that would be pretty sweet just to get it to snow up in Northern Cali if it was lower that 40 degrees making the roads all snowy. I know it gets icy but some snow on there would be sweet. I like the idea :)

BleDrajor
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Of course snow should lie in the Northern sector of California. Where it's already snowing in game now. Snow in South California wouldn't make sense, that's clear. :rolleyes:

I got a tool now to unpack the game textures. I will see if there's anything possible. If yes I will try it out...

USA Trucker
09-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Of course snow should lie in the Northern sector of California. Where it's already snowing in game now. Snow in South California wouldn't make sense, that's clear. :rolleyes:

I got a tool now to unpack the game textures. I will see if there's anything possible. If yes I will try it out...

Give it your best shot. It sounds great. We'll be waiting. ;)

Melkor
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Are you talking about the WDB Extracter that Ivan and others made?
If so you should be able to edit the road textures....if you can find them....
All the textures are scrambled lol, was hard for me to find the wheels.wdb

USA Trucker
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Please quote whom you are talking to, or about. It makes it easier to follow conversations.

Melkor
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
was to BleDrajor

USA Trucker
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
was to BleDrajor

OK, no problem. ;)

BleDrajor
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM

I just know that this WDB-Extractor was created by K^2.
Actually I'm searching for the right textures (and already found some)...

flykas
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Mods that I'm expecting to see are:

Trailer physics fix.

Truck damage and physics modification. I think there should be some unlockable stuff that was taken out of the final or just by editing parameters something could be changed. Cuz now I have never had a flat tire,and my engine never got high temperatures, and it doesn't take damage from going on imposible rpm's like 16000. And then shifting R gear doesn't damage gearbox. And some other things. Would be nice to reduce hanging parts amount to 1 or 2 cuz now it looks silly sometimes.

- Reenabling some other old stuff. Cuz I saw that there is a "helicopter" named file in games dir. Would be nice to enable weight stations.

BleDrajor
10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, bad news. It's not easy to understand but I'll try to explain.

As some of you already know, I wanted to create a Winter-Modification. But of course it's not that easy like in the Euro Truck Simulator when I created the ETS-Winter-Mod (I already knew that but even though I just wanted to try it out.).
The problem is, that not the whole map can be covered with snow, it wouldn't be realistic. But some textures are used in different parts of the map.
Snow covered elements would appear in desert landscapes and normal elements without snow would appear in snowy landscapes.

So the project is stopped, I'm sorry.
Maybe it's better to leave the virtual California warm and sunny.

lamanorbu
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I think that the game is better whitout snow, it's unrealistic even in northern cali. We will have snow all the time, even in summer. It's better to mod truck logos and grilles, right?

USA Trucker
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, bad news. It's not easy to understand but I'll try to explain.

As some of you already know, I wanted to create a Winter-Modification. But of course it's not that easy like in the Euro Truck Simulator when I created the ETS-Winter-Mod (I already knew that but even though I just wanted to try it out.).
The problem is, that not the whole map can be covered with snow, it wouldn't be realistic. But some textures are used in different parts of the map.
Snow covered elements would appear in desert landscapes and normal elements without snow would appear in snowy landscapes.

So the project is stopped, I'm sorry.
Maybe it's better to leave the virtual California warm and sunny.

Thanks for the updated news. It was a nice effort on your part though. I was kind of curious how it would turn out. Maybe you'll come up with some more interesting ideas. ;)

UPDATE QUESTION:

I would like to see a Mod for night cabin views where you can light up the interior cabin lights. Such as over-head lights, and the sleeper lights. Just to add a little something extra. It's not really important, but would look cool. :cool:

Dastardly
10-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Greetings all,

Just wondering if anyone out here knows if and when they will remove the barriers from the other roads and freeways anytime soon?

Kibble
10-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Greetings all,
Just wondering if anyone out here knows if and when they will remove the barriers from the other roads and freeways anytime soon?

personally, i want to try work on that. but first you have to remove the game model barriers, the code making them block you, and then allowing the AI to drive on the opened roads. the guys at the russian rig'n'roll site might be trying but im not sure.

also, the guys on the russian website are working on a snow mod, and its coming nicely. they say there gonna be a bit of snow in the desert but unlikely

BleDrajor
10-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I would be happy if these ugly barriers only would be removed. They destroy the game environment. Every second street has this barrier. I wouldn't have to drive through it but I don't want to see it anymore.

Maybe there already exists a simple solution. If yes, please tell me. :grin:

Kibble
10-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I would be happy if these ugly barriers only would be removed. They destroy the game environment. Every second street has this barrier. I wouldn't have to drive through it but I don't want to see it anymore.

Maybe there already exists a simple solution. If yes, please tell me. :grin:

i want to try remove the barriers altogether, but first, i need to find out how. maybe simply deleting them from the game files or something? i ll try research some more. also, i found out how to make a custom radio station:

go to

my documents/ My games/Rig'n'roll eng/ go to any profile/ copy paste the music files/ pick that profile in Game.

(note files must be MP3)

Remo801
11-02-2010, 04:09 PM
i want to try remove the barriers altogether, but first, i need to find out how. maybe simply deleting them from the game files or something? i ll try research some more. ...

Hi Kibble,

normaly, the Barriers are part of scripts, that have duty to show them on right positions.
Two options:
1. Read out all scripts and remove that order, that is responsible to barriers (that can take time until you get 98 years old :D )
2. replace the barrier meshes with others, let's say they are invisible and have no collision model.

That's only the theoretical part. I can't tell where you will find the barrier meshes, nor where you find the code to correct the behavior Car vs. Barrier.
I'm sorry to be not more help.

But I hope this boosts your ideas a bit :D

USA Trucker
11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Getting rid of the barriers will never work anyway. It's been tried before with poor results.

Se7en
11-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey,
Can someone tell me where are the gauges (RPM, MPH, Fuel) located?

Se7en

BATMan_Phln
12-08-2010, 12:34 AM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I was a trucker 'til I got hurt in '99. I REALLY miss being on the road! This is the first descent truck driving game I've found for ANY platform in 10 years. It's cool seeing familiar sights. Even some of the curves, tunnels and bridges seem familiar.

Using wdbTexture.exe I modded a truck to look like that one I drove. When I used the modded paint job it worked great at first. I went into a warehouse to get a load and as I drove out the game CTD'd (Crashed to desktop). When I tried to reopen the game it showed the splash the CTD'd again.

Once I deleted that wdb file and put the original back it worked fine. There are a LOT of people talking about using mods and I would really love to use mine. Is there something I need to do to make it work??

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7 X980 3.33GHz
12GB Ram
Radeon HD 5870

Elitebravo
12-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Is there an way to open SPSV files in save data or modifing data in the game ?

USA Trucker
12-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

I'm not a Moder, but the forum has about 7, or 8 of them that I know of. Hopefully one of them will answer the last three postings. Remember, it's the Christmas Season, and many may be busy shopping, or planning for the Holidays. Don't get discouraged, and Merry Christmas to you, and everyone here.:grin:

Se7en
12-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

I'm not a Moder, but the forum has about 7, or 8 of them that I know of. Hopefully one of them will answer the last three postings. Remember, it's the Christmas Season, and many may be busy shopping, or planning for the Holidays. Don't get discouraged, and Merry Christmas to you, and everyone here.:grin:
Merry Christmas :)

Melkor
12-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey Se7en, just a question, because i mod truck skins myself, did you re-compress the wdb texture files correctly? if so tell me the steps you took, maybe i can help you out

Se7en
12-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey Se7en, just a question, because i mod truck skins myself, did you re-compress the wdb texture files correctly? if so tell me the steps you took, maybe i can help you out

What are you talking about :confused:

USA Trucker
12-17-2010, 11:23 AM
He may be referring to post #111 that you made here earlier, and assumed that you are modding your truck. That's just a guess though.;)

Se7en
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
If this is inappropriate place to ask this question, transfer it.

If I may ask, in what program trucks were modeled?

Se7en

Bchamps
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm wondering whats the best program to mod skins ? I'm using Paintnet which works fine for me. But I'm sure there's something more advanced.. Also is there a way to modify the parts ? I want to modify the wheels, grills, headlights, the color of the marker lights. Is it possible to modify the truck like remove the sleeper of build a flat top one? Please someone help I soo much want to build a daycab project or flattop truck. also a list of programs and places to where to get them..

Thanks alot

B-champs

Strummer
02-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I would like to see a Mod for night cabin views where you can light up the interior cabin lights. Such as over-head lights, and the sleeper lights. Just to add a little something extra. It's not really important, but would look cool. :cool:

This would really add to the feel of the game.

In a similar vein, it would be nice to park your truck with the running lights on, but not the headlights.

Also, being able to remove Nick from behind the wheel.

Think about the exterior view that would make:

A rig parked at night next to a warehouse, running lights on, no-one at the wheel, the driver presumably in the sleeper.

Ah, maybe I just wanna make movies or artsy photographs rather than play a game. ;) For as much as I think about changing parts of this game, I actually find it pretty darn good as it is. Maybe that's the problem: When something is so good, you think it's just a little further to go to make it perfect.

Nice work, SoftLab and 1C...but still...still...

*sigh*

USA Trucker
02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
When something is so good, you think it's just a little further to go to make it perfect.

Nice work, SoftLab and 1C...but still...still...

*sigh*
Aaah, but can perfection really be achieved? I think like beauty, perfection is in the eyes of the beholder. However, we call all still dream!

Cabover
07-27-2011, 05:38 AM
dose anybody now if there a traffic speed up mod out yet?? OR can some on tell me what to edit to make them go faster!!! pls helpme!!

USA Trucker
07-27-2011, 01:59 PM
dose anybody now if there a traffic speed up mod out yet?? OR can some on tell me what to edit to make them go faster!!! pls helpme!!
There has been some talk about this a while back, but nothing ever came of it. We’ll just have to deal with this design flaw for now.;)

Nishczyciel
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi there. I like driving in Rig n Roll while it's raining. Is there a way to edit game files, so the rain will last for longer or will be more frequent?

And one more thing... Is there a way to swap trucks physics? I love the way Hercules Freedom looks, but it's also a slow truck (compared to Titan Ventura). I would love to swap it's "power/gear ratios" with Titan Inyo or something like that.

Regards, Rafal

fabiofls
04-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Hello, I have a request to RNR ...

would be really cool if I had a co-op multiplayer locally or even up to 8 players, but would be very good indeed, thank you...

USA Trucker
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum.:)

At one time two members initiated a virtual multi-player type atmosphere. It barely got off the ground due to lack of attendance, as I knew it would. After about 2 maybe 3 months, without warning, they closed their associated sites down, and we never heard from them again.

The practicality of multi-player for Rig ‘n’ Roll is just not feasable. That’s why the developers abandoned it. It would attract only a small audiance.

cerebralassassin
04-25-2012, 07:12 PM
i have tried several times to download the WDB image veiwer and it will not allow me to download for some reason.

id like to start a skinning project however without that editor i will not be able to.. is there any possibility of anyone being about to send me the WDB editor by email please, I'd truly appreicate it..

my email is

cerebralassassin379@live.com

thank you and best reguards
-CerebralAssassin.

Peterbilt Man
05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Can one of you guys who know how to mod get some more trucks back into the game? Getting lame because I have used every truck in the game.

Thanks,
Peterbilt Man

USA Trucker
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum. :)

Please don't create threads/topics where they already exist. If you look closely, there are categaries for just about everything relating to game, and you certainly don’t have to post it twice. Please observe our rule. ;)

mr. Ellis43
09-02-2013, 03:24 PM
12684 wishes we could have a way to get on theses roads. it b nice :grin:

USA Trucker
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
You would have to find a good Mod community for that.