PDA

View Full Version : What appears to be a semi simple way to change a saved game using the GEM!

kane1
12-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I've done this a bunch of times, works great!! This will work good for people who just want a few more guys or a lot more guys!, or want a bunch of guys who are hard to kill, or put some tanks and stuff just in case you need it. You start a mission and save it quick, then go into the GEM Editor load that mission change whatever you want (troops,tanks,guns, that kind of stuff.) then save it, then switch it with the saved game!! This is what you do,

It won't matter which one you do first, but this is what I did. Make sure to backup your files before you change anything! Start a mission in the game then save it ASAP!, make sure you name it so you can find it. Now load that "mission" in the Editor and change what you want (I only changed tanks, and AT guns but it should work with whatever.). Now give that save a name (make sure you don't over-write the "O.mi" save!). This is sometimes the hardest part, you have to locate each file. This is the path for the in-game saved game for this example, C:\Users\jim\Documents\my games\men of war\profiles\player\save\switch. Now copy and paste this file somewhere safe in case something goes wrong.
Locate the saved file for the editor, this is the path for me F:\game install here\men of war\Men of War\resource\map\single\1\6-sevastopol (make sure to save it.)
Open this file with notepad, now this is what you have to do.
Open the in-game saved game and you'll see this at the top,

{mission
{Quant
{scenequant 2708}
{speed 1}
}
{Entity "bf109g" 0x8000
{Position 6886.74 -1440.34}
{xform zl 175.89}
{SpawnedInFog}
{Skeleton
{BoneSave "basis pivot_front retract_wheell"
{Orientation
0.882 0.467 0.066
-0.141 0.128 0.982
0.45 -0.875 0.178
}
{Position -40.4963 9.98324 26.1834}

Now open the saved mission file from the editor, it should look something like this,

{mission
{Entity "bf109g" 0x8000
{xform zl 175.89}
{SpawnedInFog}
{Impregnability harmless}
{Extender "enumerator"
{number 717}
}
{DisableObstacles}
{Player 2}
{MaskPlayer 3}
{MID 1}
{Chassis "airborne"
{AirborneMode 1}
{Altitude 21}
}
{ChassisManager
{Current "airborne"}
}
}

Bring up the in-game saved game file, you want to copy and paste this to the top of the editor file,

{mission
{Quant
{scenequant 2708}
{speed 1}
}

It should look like this,

{mission
{Quant
{scenequant 2708}
{speed 1}
}
{Entity "bf109g" 0x8000
{xform zl 175.89}
{SpawnedInFog}
{Skeleton
{BoneSave "basis pivot_front retract_wheell"
{Orientation

Now just "select-all" in the file with the changes and copy it, then "select-all" in the original file and paste the changed file into it and save. If you did it right when you go into the game you should see all your changes. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE OVER-WRITING.