PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying

Twan
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey all! First post here!

So I've played the MoW demo and, bad voice acting aside (which is fine since it gave me a chuckle ;) ), it seemed pretty good.

How is the armored combat in this game? Is it realistic? In the demo you mostly fight armored cars and early German armor with the KV-1, but it seemed fun. Are things like penetration modeled? Is it possible for spalling to kill off individual crew members etc. My favourite part of the demo was using direct control on vehicles. I shot up a destroyed tank hulk because it was fun to see the holes you can make in it :) , and I LOVED driving over vehicles and pushing them around with the KV-1, great fun!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and is there a "Gold Edition" or plans for a Gold Edition with MoW and Red Tide?

Sneaksie
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
EDIT: Oh, and is there a "Gold Edition" or plans for a Gold Edition with MoW and Red Tide?

Men of War Gold Edition has shipped to North American retail outlets. Men of War Gold Edition includes both the critically acclaimed RTS Men of War and the exciting stand-alone expansion Men of War: Red Tide.

:)

Twan
12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Haha thanks :)

What about the armor combat?

Derrizerpin
12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
MOW sucks no offline playabilty

No skirmish

Annoucned but never got talked about its now december ......

No trust anymore......

Anyway hope thier still a chance of offline play not everyone has the internet.......

Offline players never even got a look=IN except a long bore-fied story which was pathetic.

Overall i love playing lan games with myself :/

donjas
12-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Have you heard of the campaign generator mod. It will satisfy all your skirmish needs.

As for Armor combat, it is more realistic than you can get in any rts game. Directions, angles, reload speed all play a part in tank warfare.

Derrizerpin
12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Have you heard of the campaign generator mod. It will satisfy all your skirmish needs.

As for Armor combat, it is more realistic than you can get in any rts game. Directions, angles, reload speed all play a part in tank warfare.

Dont liek it :/ and its not what i want man just a good old skirmish !!!

COH style COH sucks but its good to play the skirmish !!!!!

Zeke Wolff
12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Annoucned but never got talked about its now december ......

No trust anymore......

Perhaps if you went to the developers homepage (www.digitalmindsoft.eu) you would find some more information about the upcoming title which includes a Skirmish option? It hasn´t been released but it IS indeed being worked on, and no matter what some gamers might believe, it does take quite some time to get skirmish missions to work not to mention making good looking maps etc.

~Zeke.

Derrizerpin
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Perhaps if you went to the developers homepage (www.digitalmindsoft.eu) you would find some more information about the upcoming title which includes a Skirmish option? It hasn´t been released but it IS indeed being worked on, and no matter what some gamers might believe, it does take quite some time to get skirmish missions to work not to mention making good looking maps etc.

~Zeke.

I understand sorry bad week mate i will wait for how long it takes :)

sorry about that

Twan
12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Is it possible in MoW for a single crewmember to be killed in a tank?

Do they use somewhat realistic armor and penetration values?

Korsakov829
12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Is it possible in MoW for a single crewmember to be killed in a tank?

Do they use somewhat realistic armor and penetration values?

Yes it is possible, the AA gunner on top of the turent can be killed, but I don't know for sure about any crew members being killed from the inside by a AP round.

The armor values and penetration valuse are "somewhat realistic", but there are a few miscalculations I've heard about.

Twan
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Ok thanks