PDA

View Full Version : Range, Accuracy & perception

Michi
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Perception directly affects initial skill scores as well as the ability to identify enemies. That much is obvious.

My question is does it impact accuracy at range.

For example, Kruger has perception of 9. So he can spot an enemy way off.

if my char with a perception of 1 shoots at this enemy with a pipe rifle at the range of the "blue triangle" which is way past the red/green circle, am I suffering a penalty that a high perception character would not have?

Also, anyone understand how the "aiming" mechanism works?

Thanks!

Sneaksie
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes. Kruger is a natural born sniper, give him something powerful and long-range. He can blow enemy head off at long range (hold Numpad 8 to aim at head).
This blue triangle represents range and dispersion, the narrower it is the more accurate the shot will be. With good rifles Kruger's fire triangle becomes almost a line and he can't miss. Accuracy depends on the weapon, it's state and shooter's Perception.

Michi
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks!

But to drill down on my question....

Lets say I have Boar (perception of 1) and Kruger (perception 9).

They both have the same pipe rifle, and 100 skill in heavy weapons.

Standing side by side, Kruge is going to detect the enemy way before Boar, obviously. But once Kruger has detected the enemy, both of them can shoot.

My question is, will Boar have the same chance to hit (both have 100 in heavy weapons and the same weapon) or does Perception still play a role?

I am NOT talking about "Aim" mode, since according to the manual, Perception determines how much benefit Aim gives.

Thanks!

Sneaksie
12-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Look at their aiming triangles, Kruger's one should be much more narrower.

shibata33
08-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Perception doesn't seem to have much effect in normal firing mode. You need to Aim to have full benefit of Perception. Also, crit chance for sniper rifles increases significantly when you use Aim Shots, even without the Sniper perk.