PDA

View Full Version : Blind rage medal requirements

Metathron
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Aren't the requirements for level 3 (21,000 rage used) a tad much? I mean I'm playing as a warrior and have been relying heavily on rage, casting fiery phantoms or lava call whenever possible, and I have used "only" 18,000 rage so far.

One possible explanation I can think of is that this is so on account of playing on normal, where battles end sooner than on hard or impossible, where maybe twice as much rage would be used.

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Um, no :) I managed to do it as a mage on impossible, where rage income is seriously reduced, so larger numbers don't help the rage usage that much, because you need to afford it first. I do admit that for a long time I though that I won't be abale to do it at all. However, I finished the game with 27069 rage used, so I guess my worries were for naught :)

I could complain about other medals though. 400 uses of stone skin in less than 300 battles? 450 uses of healing/bless, etc in less than 300 battles? 400+ uses of battle cry and other such spells in less than 300 battles? Now that looks a bit more, but it is manageable.

That's the deal with the medals. You do need to put some work into it to get the last level.

Metathron
12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Um, no I managed to do it as a mage on impossible, where rage income is seriously reduced, so larger numbers don't help the rage usage that much, because you need to afford it first.

That to me does confirm that this is more easy to attain the medal on harder difficulties. Had my battles lasted for another turn or two (like your have, and probably longer than that), I would have spent twice the amount of rage I have, playing as a warrior.

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Absolutely. A warrior will never have problems with this medal because the dragon is his (her actually) spellbook :) This is why I gave as a comparison the hero that is the worst in rage gaining - the mage to show that it's possible. I doubt you are struggling to get to 21k rage?

Metathron
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Like I said, I am only at about 18,000+ at level 52. :-P

Perhaps I should have stretched/stalled some battles to be able to pull off more rage usage. But it's strange, as I have largely been using the most costly rage abilities throughout the game - lava flow and fiery phantoms.

Have you played the game on normal and easily reached/surpassed the 21,000 rage requirement?

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Well, if you count my very first game, which was warrior on normal, I didn't. But that was a game to familiarize myself with KBAP. My experiences in that game and in the successive games taught me to pay more attention to the medals and work on them, rather just taking them for granted :)

That also taught me utilize the high XP per use dragon skills mainly :)

Metathron
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, this is my first playthrough, so I will hopefully be more efficient next time.

Which dragon skills yield more experience? I don't know anything about that. :confused:

Also, something I observed looking back through my first game is just how fast the dragon progressed up to, say, level 25, leaving Amelie far behind in level (up to 10 levels, I'd say). Then after level 25, Amelie began to catch up, and after the late 30s she overcame the dragon. I don't know if this is one of the game mechanics or a consequence of my own choices, or a combination of both, but I found it a bit puzzling.

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh, well. I posted it twice, si what's one more time :)

Crushing blow - 34 Xp
Treasure Searcher - 17 Xp
Ball of Lightning - 46 Xp
Mana Accelerator - 29 Xp
Mystic Egg - 44 Xp
Stone Wall - 39 Xp
Dragon Dive - 28 Xp
Fiery Phantoms - 37 Xp
Lava Call - 40 Xp

That's what you get at max level. Lower levels usually mean a few less xp points per level, but this table works for the lower skills as well - the skills that give the most XP at max level, do so too at lower levels.

As for that thingy... I think you simply started using the dragon less (or used his powerful abilities). For amelie to start overleveling the dragon, that means you started doing a lot of damage with your troops, rather that using the dragon at least once per round.

Elwin
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
and thats the answer my first game draogn was lvl 35only. I used mostly treasure searcher and mana acclelearator

Metathron
12-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry about that, DB. I did look at the KB Info thread again before asking, musta missed the info. I see the Ball is the most "profitable", how convenient for you, DB. ;)

Zechnophobe
12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh, well. I posted it twice, si what's one more time :)

Crushing blow - 34 Xp
Treasure Searcher - 17 Xp
Ball of Lightning - 46 Xp
Mana Accelerator - 29 Xp
Mystic Egg - 44 Xp
Stone Wall - 39 Xp
Dragon Dive - 28 Xp
Fiery Phantoms - 37 Xp
Lava Call - 40 Xp

Holy cow... Ball Lightning is the best XP ability in the game??? I never would have guessed. I'd assumed Lava Call. I think this deserves its own thread.

Akimbo
12-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Holy cow... Ball Lightning is the best XP ability in the game??? I never would have guessed. I'd assumed Lava Call. I think this deserves its own thread.

Hmm, that's the xp for using the skill, doesn't the Dragon then gain extra xp based on the damage/kills as well?